Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Morrison Coalition Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 389>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 1:53pm
How do they get to $1500 a week if they were not employed and so now on Jobkeeper?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 2:13pm
I think they both had short term employment over several years.

These "Welfare" people know the ropes of every situation. Some of which is beyond belief.
Like a neighbour's Son and girlfriend, Frequent the Ballina, Lismore area, where Medico's assist in getting some on pensions , due to their Drug addictions.
Surely you are aware of these things Tlaz.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 2:18pm
C/P= Since 1996, you can no longer get Social Security disability insurance (SSDI) or SSI benefits for alcoholism or drug addiction alone. You can, however, get disability benefits for damage caused by the alcohol or drug abuse, such as liver damage, emotional problems, cardiovascular disease, or cancer.

PTSD is an easy one.   Emotional, Behavioural, Depression, are just a few reasons for welfare.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

The same questions are being asked in America regarding the ''rescue'' packages Congress passed. Way underspend.

Neo-Cons doing same old Neo-Con chit. Save by not spending, cutting the legs out from under low income earners and actual small business then announce a huge stimulus for big business mates to ''recover''. 

It's time to go back to work PT - the grand kiddies will be paying for what Communist China started for the rest of their lives otherwise!

The Democrats are just like our Labor/Green Communist State Parasites ... ignoring the medical advice and saying "What's that? ... WORK! ... no thank you". Smile 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Pity you didn't take the trouble to read the eligibility conditions to qualify for support, ones which effectively disenfanchised millions of casual employees.   

Needful people who well deserve a significant slice of the $60b "savings". 
So what do theses people get on "Job Seeker" now SC?

How many "casuals" who were working 10 hours per week, are refusing to work, because they are now earning $75 an hour on "Job Keeper" sitting on their ass playing online games?  Yep, the system is imperfect ... should have just sent cheques to everyone, including the dead people and the pets ...

Doc the answer is that the eligibility criteria for casuals could well be reduced from a draconian let alone arbitrary "12 months continual employment" to a more generous period, with a caveat regarding the benefits that might accrue (or not) to those working less than a given number of hours per week.  That's not a party political suggestion, just one based on realities faced by genuine workers facing a bleak future due to the 12 month benchmark.  
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 5:14pm
I wonder how long it will be before the rightards of the Coalition start plotting to get rid of the big spending, nanny-stater Morrison and put a "real conservative" in charge.Wink

Simon Cameron

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 6:21pm

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Pity you didn't take the trouble to read the eligibility conditions to qualify for support, ones which effectively disenfanchised millions of casual employees.   

Needful people who well deserve a significant slice of the $60b "savings". 
So what do theses people get on "Job Seeker" now SC?

How many "casuals" who were working 10 hours per week, are refusing to work, because they are now earning $75 an hour on "Job Keeper" sitting on their ass playing online games?  Yep, the system is imperfect ... should have just sent cheques to everyone, including the dead people and the pets ...

Doc the answer is that the eligibility criteria for casuals could well be reduced from a draconian let alone arbitrary "12 months continual employment" to a more generous period, with a caveat regarding the benefits that might accrue (or not) to those working less than a given number of hours per week.  That's not a party political suggestion, just one based on realities faced by genuine workers facing a bleak future due to the 12 month benchmark.  
I think The Government is working with the Unions on this very point as we speak SC ... I don't disagree with you - there have been anomalies in the programs, but overall, I believe that more people are probably better off than they would otherwise have been, than the other way - and that's OK too, because it will help to have that money circulating in the economy ... we can't just keep going like this though, artificially propping up markets with money we don't have  - we must get people back to work generating actual money. The issue is that the people who are making the decisions - State level bureaucrats and politicians who are NOT "in this together" with the rest of us - firstly, their incomes are secure - and due to the way it is all being politicised, nobody wants to be the first to be blamed for a death if they re-open too early - and it is inevitable that more people will get infected and die. The money we are spending was only ever supposed to see us through the period it took to "flatten the curve" ... that is done, we have thousands of empty emergency beds, and we may never have a vaccine ... time to move on and open up the economy and work places, with strict precautions in place - just wash your hands and stay away from people!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I wonder how long it will be before the rightards of the Coalition start plotting to get rid of the big spending, nanny-stater Morrison and put a "real conservative" in charge.Wink

That's what Albo is calling for!Cry

Now that ScoMo and the Unions are working together, the Labor/Greens have never been so irrelevant!!!LOL 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 6:33pm
Not easy for anyone , anywhere , Battling with virus outbreaks.
So many theories from all of us .
Would appear the distancing and Better hygiene works well .Many common sense situations , don't appear to get coverage .
Anywhere recycled air is an issue , should be avoided.    Even in a lounge room at home , if four people are there , all will breathe from the same available air in that room over time.   One infected = all infected.
Same in Motor vehicles , Aeroplanes, Public Transport,
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 6:38pm
I had a women race up and hug me today before I could stop her.Shocked

Simon Cameron

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 7:09pm
She must have been p1ssed, Tlaz !
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 7:18pm
She would need extensive testing.

I can't do it to you Tlaz.   ???

Did you get a kiss before you let her escape.?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 2:31pm
WA Government Cries Poor:

WA Treasurer Ben Wyatt has urged his federal counterpart to extend the JobKeeper program beyond its current September deadline, warning that the assistance was propping up around 5 per cent of the state’s workforce.

Speaking as he confirmed WA would enter recession this year, Mr Wyatt said he hoped to see the program taper off after September.

“I don’t think a hard end is actually in the Commonwealth’s interest, the state’s interest or Australia’s interest and hopefully they will end up with an alternate transition plan rather than a hard end,” Mr Wyatt said.

“I agree that JobKeeper is not here forever and we can’t afford to keep it forever, but I don’t think a hard end is practical or in the interests of the nation.”

Treasury modelling tabled in WA’s parliament on Thursday morning showed that the state expects its economy to contract by 5 per cent in the June quarter alone and a further 3 per cent in the 2021 financial year. The combined hit will suck around $12 billion out of the state’s economy.

If the Labour Premier of WA opened up his state borders to all Australians and scrapped his 150 km travelling limit to his own Sandgropers he would go some way to alleviating his budget blackhole , rather than calling on the Morrison government to bail him out.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 2:40pm

As usual Bob, you have absolutely no idea. 

Reserve Bank governor Phil Lowe says the JobKeeper program may need to be extended if the workforce needs it.

Key points:

·         "It's too early to say ... what the economy is going to be like, in four months' time," says RBA governor Philip Lowe

·         Mr Lowe says late September will be a "critical point" when Government support is winding back at the same time as loan deferrals

·         The RBA boss says JobKeeper may need to be extended or tapered for certain industries that may not have recovered by September

He warned Australia's economy would hit a "critical point" in September when a raft of stimulus measures stops, and it was "very important" not to withdraw fiscal stimulus too early.  "The key observation is that the world is very uncertain, and I think it's too early to say what it's going to be, what the economy is going to be like, in four months' time," Dr Lowe said on Thursday.

"But if we have not come out of the current trough in economic activity, there will be, and there should be, a debate about how the JobKeeper program transitions into something else, whether it's extended for specific industries, or somehow tapered."

He said the economy may be in a better condition than originally feared, and the RBA had revised down its estimate for working hours lost in May from 20 per cent to 15 per cent.  However, he said even though some jobs in retail and hospitality were coming back as parts of the economy slowly reopen, jobs in industries like construction and professional services are starting to fall away.

He said he was glad the six-month JobKeeper program will be reviewed at the three-month mark.  "It's clearly going to be a critical point when that scheme comes to an end and also when the deferral for six months of mortgage payments and other payments that the banks are offering … so that's a critical point for the economy," Dr Lowe said.

"I note the JobKeeper program, it's six months, but a three-month review was built into that program and I think that was very sensible of the government to do that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 2:47pm
ps that was an extract from Lowe's video-conference submission to the Senate Estimates Committee TODAY.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 2:49pm
If Morrison's predictions of a 10% contraction are real, that $60 billion and some will be needed to be spent.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 2:51pm
Further to Bob's carry on WA intrastate travel will not be restricted (apart from some remote areas) as of tomorrow. This was announced several days ago.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 3:27pm
If the Reserve Bank Governor, which I doubt, is anything like the Head of Treasury and /or the Chief Commissioner of the ATO, who advised the Treasurer that 6.5 million Australians would be liable for JobSeeker , when its was only 3.5 million, I would have little confidence in any bureaucrat's departmental predictions.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 3:46pm
Well let's just say I'd prefer to heed the Governor of the Reserve Bank rather than Bob from Stonnington.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 4:19pm
SC, you seem to have some fascination with Stonnington, so for your edification here is a brief description of the municipality.
The City of Stonnington is a local government area located within the metropolitan area of Melbourne, Australia. It comprises the inner south-eastern suburbs, between 3 and 13 km (2 and 8 mi), from the Melbourne CBD. The city covers an area of 25.7 km2 (9.9 sq mi) and includes the suburbs of South YarraPrahranWindsorToorakArmadaleKooyongGlen IrisMalvern and Malvern East.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 4:29pm
I think the difference between the seeming conflicts in the RBA Governor's statements revolves around his/their ongoing battle with the Morrison govt to use Fiscal Policy to boost the economy, as the RBA is out of ammo with .25% interest rates. By stating that the economy has fared a bit better than expected it leaves an opening for the NeoCons to start tightening rather than driving the economy out hard. Morrison/Frydenberg want the RBA to do the heavy lifting with Monetary Policy...more QE rather than Fiscal deficit spending.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 4:42pm
Thanks Bob, however I've previously mentioned that I lived in the City of Stonnington for close to 30 years.

Indeed in Malvern East,almost until the time the house was sold for $40,000 following my mother's passing.  We three siblings shared the outcome, which ultimately paid the deposit on my first home.  
The old home was sold 10 years later for $180,000 and since being 2nd-storied is currently valued at between $1.8 and $2.1m.

Thought you'd be interested in all that.  Tongue

ps are you the same Bob from Stonnington that does those phone-ins to overnight commercial radio shows expressing your dismay at the current Labor Govt in Vic and the disgraceful bias of the Age newspaper?  One of my life-long mates is an announcer on 3AW and tells me the jocks absolutely slaver with delight whenever the producer tells them he has "Bob on the line".

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 4:48pm
How intriguing !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 9:24pm
SC, no not me I do not ring into any radio station during the night or in the mornings or afternoons.I occasions I have had letters published in the Melbourne press , but of course I use my real name, which is neither Bob or Robert.
I might listen to 3AW and see if I can catch some of Bob’s persuasive reasoning.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 9:27pm
SC trying to fit you up as some kind of right-wing radio stooge, BB, nothing could be further from the truth !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 4:40pm
Bill''s back LOL

"In this age of coronavirus, if you were caught by the police going down to the book shop to buy Malcolm's 677-page book, I think the police would fine you for a non-essential journey." - Bill Shorten on Malcolm Turnbull's new book.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 5:03pm
Zinger Thumbs Up

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 5:23pm
It was a good line I must admit ... Bill is out of the election induced Coma.    . Damaged badly it would seem.      . Haven't heard of any rapes or wife stealing acts since he got done by Scomo.

Their incurable so just a matter of time. lol Bonking Billy rides again.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 5:26pm
Is that hearsay maxie? Second third or fifth hand?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 5:26pm
It's typical Shorten. He delivers his best line long after the party has finished and nobody is in the room to hear it - ZINGER.

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 389>