Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Morrison Coalition Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 389>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:48pm
Plibersek will be a snake in the grass until she gets the top job.
Refer ALP Election Promises
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:50pm
The Coalition scraped in, and Labor were only a bee's dick off winning some close seats.

Next election with a leader that the country can trust might see Labor steamroll into government.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Plibersek will be a snake in the grass until she gets the top job.

And she'd probably win.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:57pm
ha ha pt. 
your mates are upset.

Chinese state media says shock federal election victory will impact China-Australia relations

hina's state-owned media outlet Global Times has released an editorial saying it is "far from optimistic again" about Chinese-Australian relations after Prime Minister Scott Morrison's unexpected election win.

Key points:

• Chinese state media says China-Australia relations have deteriorated in recent years
  • A Global Times editorial described the shock election result as "far from optimistic" for foreign relations
  • Former prime minister Paul Keating said spy chiefs were "nutters" and sacking them would improve relations

In an editorial posted to the newspaper's official WeChat account just after midnight following the election, the newspaper said Chinese people were concerned about the impact Mr Morrison's election would have on foreign relations.

"This election result also means that China-Australia relations, which have deteriorated in recent years under the leadership of the ruling Coalition formed by the Australian Liberal Party and the National Party, will continue to have uncertain prospects," the editorial read.

"According to the statements made by the Australian media and some Labor Party politicians before the election, it seemed that if the Labor Party wins the election, the party will bring some positive changes to the China-Australia relations."

The editorial pointed to comments from former prime minister and Labor leader Paul Keating, who said Australia's spy chiefs are "nutters" who should be sacked in order to improve relations with China.

"Paul Keating, the former prime minister of the Labor Party who used to be friendly to China, publicly urged the Labor Party to expel the head of ASIO immediately, after the party wins the election. He said that the madman had destroyed the China-Australian relations," the editorial read.https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-19/china-state-media-reaction-to-australian-election-result/11128458

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

My predictions for the Morrison government. They will never produce a budget surplus and the government debt will blow out further.Tongue

Is that the same prediction that had labor in a landslide?

Like the labor mob, no clue.

Did I make that prediction? Refresh my memory. Doesn't sound like me. I don't like to tempt fate where Labor is concerned.
The only predictions I can recall making were that Abbott and Dutton would lose.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:01pm
Turnbull must feel very isolated now. Yesterdays man
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by mc41 mc41 wrote:

Given the pig spent north of $30M and paid for some LNP HTV cards. what is his price ???

Sour grapes. The greens and get up couldnt do it for you. Get with the strengthLOL

Is just plain DUMB better...    Morrison is in for the long haul.
He has lifted the Party above the white anters and won a difficult election .. and made huge fools of people like u wc41.
Also of benefit is the Parties parasites have gone =   Turnbull, Pine , julie Bishop , Banks etc .   
The LNP will reign supreme for many years ahead.

You can’t just say the price is a coal mine,I understand why

Edited by Gay3 - 19 May 2019 at 10:24pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:33pm

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Given the pig spent north of $30M and paid for some LNP HTV cards. what is his price ???

Sour grapes. The greens and get up couldnt do it for you. Get with the strengthLOL

Is just plain DUMB better...    Morrison is in for the long haul.
He has lifted the Party above the white anters and won a difficult election .. and made huge fools of people like u wc41.
Also of benefit is the Parties parasites have gone =   Turnbull, Pine , julie Bishop , Banks etc .   
The LNP will reign supreme for many years ahead.

You can’t just say the price is a coal mine,I understand why

I think the word Stability and Moral Strength favours Scomo's team ,
(Barnaby excepted) but look into that Labor Lot and you have some reptile history . ( Drug Runners included )
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:34pm

Turnbull must feel very isolated now. Yesterdays man

Very lonely and isolated. They said he watched the election coverage from his luxury apartment in Singapore, having just stopped over from a stay in his luxury Manhattan apartment before returning to his Sydney harbourside mansion. 

He must be shattered to not be still in Canberra with all the backstabbing mates in his former party.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:49pm
lol PT ...      You could turn an envelope into a $100 note.

Turnbull isn't about money , He wouldn't know what struggle means .

His lifeline is EGO & apart from that he has nothing.

Malcolm would be hurting more than Shorten tonight and Shorten doesn't have to wake up in the morning alongside Lucy.     .
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:42am

I will put this out there early in the thread. Has Morrison got the goods to become a great leader of this country ? What are his strengths - his weaknesses ? He is only 51 years old - so he has got a potential 15 to 20 years ahead of him. I thought his speech last night was excellent - first time i had seen him in that light.

ScoMo is no John Howard, but then, can you imagine what JH would have done to that imposter Shorten? ... I certainly don't underestimate what he did to him over the past couple of weeks in just a few well placed observations and statements about Bills character and abilities.Ouch John Howard knows.Wink  

My prediction is that ScoMo will hand the reins over to either Joshie or Andrew Hastie around about his 60th Birthday, having won 4 elections.

... because Labor's problem is the same as the Dems in the US ... their next PM hasn't been born yet.Embarrassed

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:46am
Shouldn't this just be an extension of the LNP Government thread? ... after all, ScoMo did most of the work to keep them alive, and sink the Shorten Govt thread ... he deserves the continuity, and besides, it will overtake the Trump thread at some point after 2022 ...
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:04am
I have a problem with this threads title.

There is no coalition. Any person who thinks the National party, is not the rural and regional arm of the Liberal Party, has been asleep for about thirty years.

And for all the conservatives just remember why they are a "coalition". Without the "partnership/takeover", no conservative party would ever win an election.

As has been stated in the last thirty years, a government only gets one get out of jail free election result. If ScoMo and his crew can not get that surplus up, and if the overall debt grows from now until the next election, then he is dead in the water!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Shouldn't this just be an extension of the LNP Government thread? ... after all, ScoMo did most of the work to keep them alive, and sink the Shorten Govt thread ... he deserves the continuity, and besides, it will overtake the Trump thread at some point after 2022 ...

It is just oneone trying to hijack the LNP thread and claim a thread started for himself. #sad.Embarrassed
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

It is just oneone trying to hijack the LNP thread and claim a thread started for himself. #sad.Embarrassed

oneone sets the agenda for this forum, we all know that Wacko
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

There is no coalition. Any person who thinks the National party, is not the rural and regional arm of the Liberal Party, has been asleep for about thirty years.

And for all the conservatives just remember why they are a "coalition". Without the "partnership/takeover", no conservative party would ever win an election.

As has been stated in the last thirty years, a government only gets one get out of jail free election result. If ScoMo and his crew can not get that surplus up, and if the overall debt grows from now until the next election, then he is dead in the water!

How many budget forecasts of a surplus will we get in this term?
One more before they fess up that it is a fallacy?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

How many budget forecasts of a surplus will we get in this term?
One more before they fess up that it is a fallacy?

Wounded aye RUSTY...      never mind , You will recover , slowly.

Unlike Whale , who bleeds in the knowledge that oneone, has him by the "Short & Curlies".
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:06pm
i reckon the first revision on the phantom surplus forecast will be shortly after the Reserve Bank's first of 2 announced  rate cuts due to ''headwinds'' and following the lift in unemployment last week.

Always someone else's fault.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:13pm
I’m ok Maxie,

Just stating the obvious.
It’s generally acknowledged that to get to a surplus forecast, their assumptions were “heroic”
Which is puzzling,as their narrative during the election, that we are facing headwinds,is not reflected in their budget forecast.

An unruly senate might save them from themselves

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:14pm
The whinging has begunLOL
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:14pm

[/QUOTE]

Wounded aye RUSTY...      never mind , You will recover , slowly.

Unlike Whale , who bleeds in the knowledge that oneone, has him by the "Short & Curlies".[/QUOTE]

Really, unlike you this is not my life Macca 

And considering his very strange obsession with looks I would not let him anywhere near that area of my body , would need to be a fairly big closet for fatso to fit in LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:18pm

i reckon the first revision on the phantom surplus forecast will be shortly after the Reserve Bank's first of 2 announced  rate cuts due to ''headwinds'' and following the lift in unemployment last week.

Surplus of $9.2 billion in 22/23 - happy days.Thumbs Up

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:21pm
I'd suggest the Senate will be friendly.    Appreciation to Clive for spending a mountain of money in putting the LNP message out.
One Nation is an arm of the Libs , & needs to be appreciated.

NOW WE NEED A WAR ON DRUG USERS ,   AND QUICK.
They found a way to torture smokers and reduce the numbers BIG TIME so now it's time to get real on the illegal drug scurge that is so destructive .
   OFF THE ROADS AND OFF THE STREETS IF NECESSARY.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:21pm
Fatso, havnt heard that term for so long.

Should be used much more nowadays.

Maybe able to use it more often, now with a STRONG government and not the whiff off the nimbys who are whinging long and loud.

Fancy calling AUSTRALIANS stupid for re electing this government.

Another media piece i have seen referred to US as hillarys deplorables.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:58pm
Hey Rusty - just a statistics question for you. PT forecast an ALP win - & at least a 10 year reign after that. So now the LNP got up - & are more than likely to keep the top job for the same 10 years - is it fair to say PT is out by 23 years ? More importantly, is that figure within the margin of error on a bell distribution curve within 2 standard deviations of certainty ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:04pm

Hey Rusty - just a statistics question for you. PT forecast an ALP win - & at least a 10 year reign after that. So now the LNP got up - & are more than likely to keep the top job for the same 10 years - is it fair to say PT is out by 23 years ? More importantly, is that figure within the margin of error on a bell distribution curve within 2 standard deviations of certainty ?

I'll have you know that PT has just been appointed Sportsbet's new head of their election betting division.Thumbs Up

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:17pm
Bills been doing plenty of post-election analysis. When asked what went wrong he said “we didn’t get enough votes”. Fair comment that
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:26pm

Garbage in, garbage out.

The problem with your theory,is that the electorate has already established the front bench is either despicable or incompetent.
This time they chose the devil they knew,rather than risk change.

In 3 years time, no one will be listening to Scomo’s spin, debt will have continued to blow out, and the ALP will be a small target.
So,3 years not another 10!

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Surplus of $9.2 billion in 22/23 - happy days.Thumbs Up

We were told we are back in the black already, even though now means next year in Promise of Australian.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:59pm
ScoMo is a dressmaker.
Shorten is an incompetent twit.

Would rather dressmaker over incompetent
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 389>