Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Steel Prince

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 7:36pm
He has never been one of mine Lord, but I must admit that was a cracking fresh run and it shows that you do not have to run stayers at 1400 and 1600m if you prepare them right before they have a start.

He does love Flemington and with Arcadia Queen not going to the cup it is wide open to win so he will do himself proud with his effort, if he goes that way.  
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:14pm
Kicked off his Autumn campaign with a nice little trial down at Moe this morning.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 11:16pm
Always liked this horse, so very pleased to see him get back into the winners circle today at Flemington.

At his age, you’d think the Spring Cups window has well & truly close for him, so hopefully Freedman’s go to QLD for the Tattersalls Cup & Brisbane Cup over the winter.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:14pm
CryDevastating, RIP Steel Prince 
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:25pm
E Farm R2 STEEL PRINCE veered out sharply and collapsed in the early stages. It was immediately apparent upon Veterinary examination that the Gelding had suffered a significant bleeding attack and a possible heart attack. Subsequently the gelding was euthanised on humane grounds
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:26pm
 bit of a shock. Hope Nash is okay.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:28pm

Steel Prince, a two-time Melbourne Cup runner, has died in tragic circumstances at Eagle Farm in Brisbane after suffering a suspected heart attack during a race.

The accomplished stayer jumped favourite in Saturday’s group 3 Premier’s Cup, but shortly after the start, he threw jockey Nash Rawiller to the ground and collapsed in the home straight in front of the St Leger Stand.

Rawiller was reported to have cradled Steel Prince’s head, before on-course vets made the decision to euthanise the eight-year-old.

The Anthony and Sam Freedman-trained galloper had a prolific career, winning 10 of 35 races and more than $1.15 million in prizemoney.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:34pm
Very sad news. R.I.P
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:36pm
Poor Steel Prince. He was a grand warrior. Cry
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:40pm
Grateful I didn't see it.

RIP Steel Prince
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 3:38pm
Did you see the horse behind the gates before the race, he was a muck lather of sweat and looked distressed.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 7:43pm
Very sad ending for this quality stayer Cry

Good honest career - 34:10-5-4 for $1.16m prize money.

Highlight wins:

1st 2019 Andrew Ramsden Stks
1st 2020 Geelong Cup
1st 2022 William Newton Hcp
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 11:31pm
Sad end for a brave horse.  R I P mate.
animals before people.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

Very sad ending for this quality stayer Cry

Good honest career - 34:10-5-4 for $1.16m prize money.

Highlight wins:

1st 2019 Andrew Ramsden Stks
1st 2020 Geelong Cup
1st 2022 William Newton Hcp

I remember that close win in the Andrew Ramsden Stakes. Surprise Baby ran 2nd in that race. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12