Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Shamus Award

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shamus Award
    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 12:20am
Shamus Award to Rosemont VIC

https://www.breednet.com.au/news/7067/shamus-award-switching-to-rosemont

Media Release - Monday April 29

The news last week of the return of Starspangledbanner to Rosemont Stud has been backed up this week with the Victorian farm announcing that former Widden stallion Shamus Award will stand at Rosemont this season. Stud principal Anthony Mithen reported that the stallion arrived at his new home over the weekend.

Shamus Award

Shamus Award

"He arrived on Saturday morningand looks absolutely outstanding. Widden have done a fantastic job with him – he served over 125 mares in each of his first four seasons at stud and with his oldest only three, we know that the best is still ahead and we think his move is a bonus for Victorian breeders."

Mithen's confidence is no doubt underpinned by his own experience with the stallion – Rosemont bred and still part-own probably the best of his stock to date in the progressive Mr Quickie, who tightened his grip on South Australia Derby favouritism with a commanding win over older horses in Saturday's VOBIS Gold Heath at Caulfield. It was the three year old's eighth win from only 11 starts.

"Mr Quickie is a horse who has just continued to go from strength to strength and we still don't know where his ceiling is. We can't wait for the Derby. We think he might be typical of Shamus Award's stock – there is another one who ran great in the Group 3 in Adelaide who is also going to the Derby and he is really starting to look like a stallion whose progeny will thrive at the 2000m range as later three year olds and then at four and five. It's a great profile for a lot of the broodmare population in Victoria – we will leave him at $10,000 + GST which is fantastic value for a stallion who is on the verge of making his mark and has the numbers on the ground to keep backing it up in the next 12 months."

"His winners to runners rate is now better than Dundeel and Fiorente and he could finish this season with a handful of stakes performers and all being well Mr Quickie gets his Group One. That makes him the best value 2nd season stallion of that crop for mine."

The other Derby horse Mithen refers to is Tony McEvoy's Classic Weiwei, who ran 3rd in the Gr 3 Chairman's Stakes after winning the Listed Port Adelaide Guineas at his previous start. In a good weekend for Shamus Award, his 2yo filly Ethical Solution ran fourth in the Gr 3 Breeders Stakes on debut, while yesterday at Geelong Danny O'Brien's 3yo filly Sovereign Award won her second start by seven lengths and looks a Group horse in the making. Yearlings this selling season have sold for up to $160,000.

Widden's Ryan McEvoy said while they were sad  to see the son of Snitzel leave, they understood the situation.

"One of Shamus's major owners and biggest supporters Sean Buckley has the majority of his mares at his farm in Kilmore so to have the stallion closer to them was the factor. His progeny look like they are improving all the time so it's definitely a coup for the Victorian breeding scene," McEvoy said. "We wish them all well."

Mithen was thrilled to be making a second stallion announcement in as many weeks as the stallion ranks at Rosemont grows to four.

"We have been very patient in our pursuit of stallions – it is a high risk game and we wanted to be pretty selective to ensure that the stallions we did bring in would suit the Victorian market and most importantly, would introduce some value for the breeders. As breeders ourselves we know that the economics at present are tough – there are a lot of high service fees and a lot of stallions with risky credentials and things can turn south pretty quickly when a decision turns out to be wrong. But we think we are presenting four stallions at affordable prices where you know what you get and they can provide a return.

"Starspangledbanner has proven he can throw a top-liner, his stock are popular in the sales ring and at $20k he is a no brainer; at $10k Shamus Award is the first Cox Plate winner to stand in Victoria since Rubiton and the only Group 1 winning son of Snitzel ever to stand in Victoria; Starcraft is available for the final season on the "Toss The Boss" deal where you can breed a foal for free – bearing in mind he had yearling colts make $150k at the Gold Coast and $180k at Easter; and Nostradamus is a young sire in his fourth season who has it all in front of him - his first year yearlings sold to $125k and we'll make him available this season on some terrific deals."

"It is a great line up and one that we hope allows us to fulfil our strategy of returning some value to the breeders. We can't wait for the season to begin."

ROSEMONT STUD – 2019 STALLIONS

STARTSPANGLEDBANNER - $22,000 inc GST

SHAMUS AWARD - $11,000 inc GST

STARCRAFT - $8,800 inc GST * (nominate colt/filly and receive service fee for FREE if not successful)

NOSTRADAMUS - $8,800 inc GST

robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 10:39am
This seems very odd to me. The reason stated for the move (i.e. proximity to the majority owner's broodmare band) have all been in place for some time and arguably Shamus Award is going better now than he ever has been. Why would Widden announce him for 2019 and then release him weeks later? Doesn't make sense.
rem286 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rem286 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 2:40pm
Maybe to make room for a different stallion that gives them a better return?
niki View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

This seems very odd to me. The reason stated for the move (i.e. proximity to the majority owner's broodmare band) have all been in place for some time and arguably Shamus Award is going better now than he ever has been. Why would Widden announce him for 2019 and then release him weeks later? Doesn't make sense.

The stallions-com-au website listed Shamus Award under Rosemont stud early last week, I thought it was a listing mistake ... apparently not.  
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 5:01pm
This stallion is really firing.

Might be the one that got away as far a Widden is concerned.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 7:02pm

What a Day for Shamus Award

Mark Smith - Sunday September 20

It may have been lost in the plethora of stakes races on Saturday however the results of Shamus Award should be noted as he had four winners, two seconds and a third from eight starters on the day.

Hes on fire - Shamus Award (Mark Smith)

He's on fire - Shamus Award (Mark Smith)

They include a pair of hugely impressive winners at Randwick with the 4yo mare Its Me and the 4yo gelding Academy.

Its Me looks to be a huge untapped talent.

The Brett Cavanough-trained mare kept her record at a perfect three for three when she was catapulted to favouritism for the $1.3 million Kosciuszko with a breathtaking performance in a three-length romp under Jason Collett in the TAB Highway Handicap (1000m) on Saturday.

"I love her temperament. I was watching her walk around the yard before the start in the birdcage and she was the most relaxed runner, I thought," Collett told AAP.

"She feels so easy doing it against these types of horses but she does give you the feel of a classy filly.

"She has only had three starts and the Kosciuszko is the level she should be heading for."

It was a spectacular day for Grand Syndicates who had purchased the daughter of Shamus Award for $65,000 out of the Kitchwin Hills draft at the 2018 Inglis Classic Yearling Sale.

Later in the day, Grand Syndicated celebrated a Group 1 win in the Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes (1400m) with their $6,000 superstar Behemoth (All Too Hard).   

Its You is another good example of why it pays not to ignore the progeny of older mares.

She is the tenth live foal of the stakes-placed Celtic Swing (GB) mare Its You who has been a fabulous producer with her seven winners including the Listed ARC Great Nothern Guineas Prelude Yourein (Reset) and the stakes-placed Snitzel gelding Off The Rails.

The Mark Newnham-trained Academy came out of the same Inglis Classic sale as its Me.

The son of Shamus Award backed up his last start win at Rosehill with another fighting performance at Randwick.

He has now won over $250,000 from his five wins and three placings from 14 starts, a handy return on the $150,00 outlaid by Darby Racing / De Burgh Equine for the Tyreel Stud consigned colt.

Tyreel had purchased his dam Couredge (Show a Heart) for $190,000 at the 2016 Inglis Australian Broodmare Sale when carrying Academy.

It looked an even better decision when Couredges Choisir filly Every Rose came out and won the 2019 Group III Gimcrack Stakes, sporting the same set of Darby Racing silks as Academy.

Shamus Award may have been something of a slow burn but he is looking more and more to be another inspired addition to the Rosemont Farm roster.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 5:50pm

Savvy breeders set for Shamus reward

The breeding game is, in essence, the equine stock market.

Read the play, back your judgement and, if you're right, your investment will pay handsome dividends down the track.

The return is largely determined by the racing performance of other progeny between your mare being serviced and the yearling being sold.

"Stud farms will tend to announce (service fees) around Easter, where everyone knows what the commercial yearling market has looked like and who's made money out of what stallions," explained Rosemont Stud director Anthony Mithen.

"You live and die by the fact that you have to make your price announcements when every other stud farm is making their announcements, otherwise you miss out on bookings because nobody knows what they're going to pay for your stallion."

For those who booked in with Rosemont's banner horse, Shamus Award, for the next breeding season, they might have landed the next hot stock.

Shamus Award's service fee was announced at Easter for $30,000 (plus GST), a rise of $12,000 from the previous season given the form of his progeny, including Mr Quickie who won the Toorak Handicap in 2020, the second G1 of his career.

Since then, the stallion has added a further two G1s; Media Award in the Australasian Oaks and Duais in the Queensland Oaks.

"Given the amount of demand we've had since those two G1 successes, I don't think anyone would have balked at $40k," Mithen said.

"There's always got to be a line in the sand for when we do this and what do the facts look like at that time?

"There's plenty of people who have predicted blue sky for their stallions and fallen flat on their face, setting a hefty fee and breeders have walked away.

"This game is as much about strength in numbers in terms of broodmares and therefor progeny to hit the track in future years. It's a fine balance."

And, it's not just the G1 winners that have helped Shamus Award's stock rise.

He's also the sire of Incentivise, the headline-grabbing horse from Toowoomba who leviathan owners Brae Sokolski and Ozzie Kheir last week purchased 50 per cent of, and whose last three wins have been by an average of 8.6 lengths.

He'll now head to Melbourne with a G1 agenda and be trained by Peter Moody.

"He (Shamus Award) is a fair benchmark for what can happen given his weanlings on the ground now were bred for $10,000, his mare in foal now paid $18,000 (plus GST) and those that are lucky enough to hold a booking for this year at $30,000 have got a $10,000 discount given what we know now," Mithen said.

goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 7:53pm
Surely  one of the best quiet achievers at stud at the moment .
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 8:16pm
I would think so too goldey but all these lesser profile studs seem to attract little media attention, letting their horses do the talking in the hope their deeds can overcome this & are noticed by those who matter i.e. broody owners & yearling buyers.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 8:26pm

SHAMUS AWARD (AUS)
Bay colt 2010 
Snitzel
Bay 2002
Redoute's Choice
Bay 1996
Danehill
Bay 1986
Danzig
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Pas de Nom
2-d
7-a
Razyana
Bay 1981
His Majesty
Spring Adieu
4-d
2-d
Shantha's Choice
Bay 1992
Canny Lad
Brown 1987
Bletchingly
Jesmond Lass
7-a
14>
Dancing Show
Bay 1983
Nijinsky
Show Lady
8-f
8-f
Snippets' Lass
Bay 1993
Snippets
Bay 1984
Lunchtime
Chestnut 1970
Silly Season
Great Occasion
1-g
7-f
Easy Date
Bay 1977
Grand Chaudiere
Scampering
19-b
20-a
Snow Finch
Bay 1984
Storm Bird
Bay 1978
Northern Dancer
South Ocean
2-d
4-j
A Realgirl
Bay 1976
In Reality
Secret Verdict
21-a
2-c
Sunset Express
Brown 1999
Success Express
Bay 1985
Hold Your Peace
Bay 1969
Speak John
Bay 1958
Prince John
Nuit de Folies
14-f
1-l
Blue Moon
Bay 1948
Eight Thirty
Blue Grail
11-g
12-b
Au Printemps
Bay 1979
Dancing Champ
Bay 1972
Nijinsky
Mrs Peterkin
8-f
4-r
Lorgnette
Chestnut 1964
High Hat
Mlle Lorette
2-o
17-b
Finito Fling
Chestnut 1992
Luskin Star
Chestnut 1974
Kaoru Star
Chestnut 1965
Star Kingdom
Kaoru
1-g
31>
Promising
Chestnut 1968
Idomeneo
Modern Touch
2-i
2-e
From the Wood
Chestnut 1985
Tap on Wood
Chestnut 1976
Sallust
Cat o' Mountaine
2-o
14-f
Aligote
Brown 1980
Nebbiolo
Alexandra
19-c
16>
 Ancestor duplications:Northern Dancer5m,5m x Nijinsky5f x 5m
reductio ad absurdum
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 7:21pm
Take out the Everest and he would be leading the sire championship ATM , going gang buster . 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 7:29pm
Absolutely Goldey.  Thumbs Up

But let's keep it to ourselves and more than a few others as I'm hoping to buy cheapish into Lot 324 in the Classic Sale.  Cool
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Absolutely Goldey.  Thumbs Up

But let's keep it to ourselves and more than a few others as I'm hoping to buy cheapish into Lot 324 in the Classic Sale.  Cool
Star
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 7:20pm
Seriously could Finish in the top 3 sires this year in Oz , so he is the most under rated sire in Australia and fantastic value up until now . So you think is a quite achiever too . I am invincible and Snitzel will fight it out , both around 200000 service fee , so do the math on the value of the other two mentioned .
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 9:50pm
I'm a fan , no surprises with Duais either , top class . Star
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 4:50pm
80k is the mail.

You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 5:06pm
Reckon you're on or near the marl lulu.  Certainly at least $70k plus GST imo.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 10:12am
Didn't you all read $88K yesterday?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 10:23am

Shamus Award Fee Soars to $88,000

Tara Madgwick - Friday April 15

A flurry of Group I performers has sent the stocks of Cox Plate winning sire Shamus Award soaring with Rosemont Stud upping his service fee for 2022 to $88,000 up from $33,000 last year.

Shamus Award started his stud career at Widden Stud, but waning popularity in his fifth season when his fee was dropped to $11,000 saw the horse head interstate with Rosemont Stud his new home.

Shamus Award has always enjoyed rock solid support from his owners Sean Buckley and Viv Oldfield, but a new wave of fans are now coming on board thanks to his formidable achievements and last year he covered a whopping 216 mares to be the second busiest sire in Australia.

Shamus Award is running fifth on the Australian General Sires List with progeny earnings topping $12million with his 65 winners including five stakes-winners headed by his Group I winners Incentivise, Duais and El Patroness.

His 6.9 % stakes-winner to runner strike rate marks him as an elite stallion and has been achieved largely without the benefit of top class mares given his initial years at stud were at a fee of $27,500.

A Champion 3YO by champion sire Snitzel, Shamus Award started off at Widden in the same year as Zoustar, whose immediate success thanks to Sunlight made it that much harder for Shamus Award to shine.

While Zoustar was Champion First, Second and Third Season sire, Shamus Award took a little longer to get going and this year has a $4million lead on his old barn mate in the current Australian General Sires List.

Their lifetime strike rate stats for winners, stakes-winners and Group winners are remarkably similar, although in the sale ring Zoustar has become a market favourite and had the honour of siring the most expensive yearling in Australia this year with his $3million colt from Solar Charged topping Inglis Easter.

Zoustar stands this spring at a fee of $198,000, so in that context Shamus Award is undoubtedly still great value at his new fee.

Strasbourg will have his first weanlings on sale later this year, while Hanseatic covered a big book of 195 mares making him the busiest first season sire in Victoria.

New to the roster will be Extreme Choice’s stakes-winning son Extreme Warrior, whose fee will not be set until the end of his current campaign, which starts on Saturday week in the Listed MRC Bel Esprit Stakes before a possible tilt at Group I sprints in either Adelaide or Brisbane.

A brilliant winner of the Group III MRC Blue Sapphire Stakes during the spring, Extreme Warrior has a quality Black Type pedigree being a half-brother to stakes-winner Thrillster from the family of Group I winner All Thrills Too.

brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 2:52pm
I know he's good but wow, that seems like a huge hike!
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 1:00pm
When looking at his success and that of Savabeel , I suppose one cannot help but see where Success Express sits in both pedigrees , I feel he will go on with it from here . 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 5:50pm

Mares flock to Shamus Award

To say Shamus Award has had a season to remember is to sell his deeds short.

Rosemont Stud’s pin-up stallion really came of age in season 2021/22 and he finishes the season entrenched inside the top five on the Australian General Sires Premiership.

Incentivise was one of Shamus Award’s headline acts via his deeds in Melbourne, including his brilliant Caulfield Cup victory and Melbourne Cup placing, while Australian Cup heroine Duais, and ATC Oaks winner El Patroness also captured wins at the elite level.

His 2022 yearlings, which were conceived off a $10,000 service fee, averaged $175,000 through sales rings across Australasia

Rosemont’s Ryan McEvoy said Shamus Award’s uncanny ability to upgrade his mares had made him increasingly popular amongst breeders.

“He is what is commonly referred to as an ‘upgrader’. Shamus’ is proving to have an elite ability at upgrading the quality of his mares which is perhaps the truest indicator of stallion power and influence.” McEvoy said.

“He is now comfortably in the top echelon of influential stallions in the Southern Hemisphere.”

Naturally, the quality of Shamus Award’s book of mares continues to grow and the below headline mares represent a sample of those that will be mated to him this spring, when he stands for $88,000:

Jameka: The Caulfield Cup winner was a star on the racetrack and has quickly made her mark as a broodmare with her first offspring, two-year-old Impending colt Sir Bailey, a metropolitan winner and Stakes performed. She’s due to foal down a Ghaiyaath colt or filly this spring before heading to Rosemont for a date with Shamus Award.

Parlophone: A speedy daughter of I Am Invincible that obliterated her rivals in the Listed Lightning Stakes in Adelaide, Parlophone will make her breeding barn debut when she visits Shamus Award this spring.

Vivacious Spirit: The Stakes-winning sprinter, who has already produced Group 1 winner Costa Viva, will be mated to Shamus Award this spring. The Shamus Award – Bel Esprit cross has already produced three winners from only four runners, including Stakes winner and Group 1-placed filly Swats That.

Strikeline: After she foals down a colt or filly by Shamus Award this spring, the dam of the world’s highest-rated sprinter Nature Strip will return to the stallion in 2022.

Watch Me Dance: Purchased for $600,000 at the recent Magic Millions Perth Winter Sale, the Group 2 winner was potentially going to race on for another season but it now appears as though she’ll go straight to stud where a visit with Shamus Award awaits.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 6:01pm
Thanks Gay.  He's been simply terrific.  Here's his 2yo's and over:

20188480918152(3)88.8%$11000
20171571522182121(3)86.2%$22000
20161301231552101(2)87.8%$27500
20151271211711093(0)86.0%$27500
201416515840162100(3)74.7%$27500

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 6:03pm
Over 4% winners to foals so goodness knows what his percentage of winners to runners would be.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 6:37pm
Pretty extensive details at R & S.
All seasons: Winners to runners 64.3%

No idea why the hyperlink didn't stay put Confused hope this one does!

Edited by Gay3 - 31 Jul 2022 at 7:28pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 6:44pm

Over 4% winners to foals so goodness knows what his percentage of winners to runners would be.

My bad.  Make that "goodness knows what his percentage of stakes winners to runners would be".  R&S again maybe Gay?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 6:46pm

My bad,  That should read "Over 4% stakes winners to foals so goodness knows what his percentage of stakes winners to runners would be".  Maybe R&S again Gay?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 7:40pm
Stakes Winners to Runners: All - 13.3
2yo - 5.6
3yo - 14.4
4yo - 12.1
5yo - 14.7

I guess on those figures, the hike in fee is justified but as always, time will tell Big smile

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 8:09pm
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply