Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Folau - Higgins/Lehrmann P193

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 354>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 6:26pm
Gee - the steam seems to have gone right out of this thread
Refer ALP Election Promises
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 7:05pm
I totally get it now oneone.

The Australian article quotes the Folau family et al as simply saying the Court settlement as claimed in the other article in question wasn't true.  Wow, what an unbiased discredit.  Ermm  Wacko
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 7:23pm

Raelene Castle key to cut-price $3m deal for exiled Israel Folau

Rugby Australia executive director Raelene Castle negotiated a considerably lower settlement fee with Israel Folau than even her own board had authorised.

As one RA director told The Weekend Australian, Castle was given freedom to negotiate within a certain range of money but ended up pleasantly surprising the board by reporting back with a much smaller figure than they had been bracing for – believed to be around $3 million.

“She was given flexibility but she worked well within it,” the director said.

Initially press reports on Thursday suggested that RA would have to pay out $8m to Folau but clearly no one in their right mind would have seriously entertained such a figure. Desperate as the rugby authorities were to make the whole sorry mess go away, they would surely have taken their chances in the Federal Court rather than settle for such an outrageous sum.

READ MORE: Janet Albrechtsen: Woke hypocrites humilated by Folau | Raelene Castle ‘should resign’ | Apology vindicated me: Folau | Where to now for Folau?

Further digging produced what would seem to be a far more reasonable amount of $3.1m, which curiously enough was a figure bounced around right at the beginning of this saga.

Given that Folau would have been paid $5m had his contract run its course, the suspicion is that this would have been around the upper limit imposed by the RA board. That she came in well under that is a mark in her favour, although clearly RA’s legal bill – thought to be around $1m – still has to be paid.

The unexpected move to sidestep the legal system first took serious shape when the RA board held a phone hook-up at 8am Sydney time last Friday, November 29. Three days earlier, the company secretary Patrick Eyres had downloaded to each board member a seven-page report outlining the pros and cons of settling out of court. Multiple scenarios were considered, so too multiple payout amounts – all of them factoring in that Rugby Australia had taken out insurance against this very possibility.

Stream every match of the 2019/20 Gallagher Premiership Rugby Season Live & On-Demand on KAYO SPORTS. Get your 14-day free trial and start streaming instantly >

Before the board gave Castle her riding instructions, it systematically worked through the report. The risks were outlined, so too the potential rewards. Uppermost in everyone’s mind was the fact that Super Rugby starts next month, which meant a February test case of the Folau matter in the Melbourne courts was to be avoided at – nearly – all cost.

To settle would eliminate the costs of going to trial and potentially of any appeal. It would also allow RA to negotiate with sponsors without the massive distraction of the game being on the front pages for all the wrong reasons. So the directors had all the facts in front of them before giving Castle permission to do her job.

Which is more than can be said of Castle’s critics …

I have taken issue with Castle on any number of issues and, like all rugby CEOs, she will live or die by her performance in negotiating a broadcast deal in the coming weeks. But it is impossible to stand by idly any longer while she is subjected to an unrelenting barrage of irrational, unfounded attacks for merely doing her job.

But first, a point of procedural fairness. Technically speaking, Folau wasn’t her employee when he twice posted on Instagram a warning to homosexuals that they were destined for hell unless they repented. He was actually a NSW Waratah at the time.

Under the tripartite contracts that rugby runs, a player is employed by his Super Rugby franchise during the provincial campaign and by RA only during the international season. When he posted those remarks in April 2018 and April 2019 – seemingly, each passing birthday on April 3 has an unsettling effect on him – it should have been NSW’s problem to clean up, specifically that of former CEO Andrew Hore. But in each case, Castle stepped up to the plate, despite the fact that she had been in office less than three months when this ordeal began.

Yet if blame or praise is to be attached to this settlement, it would simply be unfair to point solely at Castle. Not only did she take orders from her own board but the NSWRU board also had to sign off on the agreement as well. She was far from a lone wolf.

Back in April 2018, Castle was faced with a problem that every chief executives dreads. An employee had said something that ran counter to the company’s goals and standards. He was cautioned, indeed a formal letter was sent to him. He apologised. He vowed not to do it again. And then he backtracked, because barely six months after signing a new contract, he did exactly the same thing again.

All of these things can be laid at Folau’s door, not Castle’s. He could have said: “You know what, I can’t accept these terms. And in accordance with my promise never to hurt the game of rugby, I’ll just walk away.” But he didn’t. He continued to take RA’s money, right up to the point where it sacked him. And when it came this week to saying sorry at the kiss-and-make-up stage, rugby never apologised or recanted for taking what it considered a principled stand.

Castle and RA have been attacked as “an insensitive, incompetent and virtue-seeking outfit” and while it’s now open to reasonably debate their “woke” stance where inclusiveness is concerned, I’m figuring that around 61.6 per cent of Australians would have approved. That stat – from the “Yes” vote in the same same-sex marriage referendum – also means that more than one in three were opposed and that’s not a percentage any sport should diss. So there are lessons to be learned here for rugby and all other sports: stick to your core business.

Everyone is now waiting for the Folau clause to be introduced in Scott Morrison’s legislation to protect employees who say things that run counter to company policy. That will surely put Castle and her like-minded crew of do-gooders in their place. But tell me … how should that legislation treat an employee who calls for infidels to be beheaded?

When the independent research group True North did its “emotional connection” research in September this year, it discovered – as Alan Jones pointed out in his column on Friday – that the Wallabies rated only sixth with Australians.

Curiously, he gave no credit to RA for the fact that the women’s 15-a-side Wallaroos and the Olympic gold medal-winning women’s sevens rugby team both figure in the top five along with the Matildas, the Socceroos and the Australian T20 cricket side.

He also failed to mention that when True North carried out its previous research, in April this year, the Wallabies rated only 13th. So, let’s see … when Folau came out and said all homosexuals-drunkards-liars etc were headed for hell back in April, rugby’s support collapsed to 13th. But when a Folau-less Wallabies had embarked on their World Cup campaign and RA was gearing up to go to war with Folau, they rose dramatically to sixth.

Castle, remember, didn’t want to keep Michael Cheika as Wallabies coach 12 months ago. But she just couldn’t find anyone, permanent or part-time, to take over from him on such short notice. So she and the board stuck with him and tried to give him all the help they could. Yet though he gave her nothing but grief, she is attacked – wrongly – for reappointing him.

Curiously, True North did an analysis of 3016 tweets, 896 Facebook comments and 928 Instagram posts following the appointment of Cheika’s successor, Dave Rennie, and discovered that 36 per cent loved his appointment, 10 per cent were happy/excited by it, 40 per cent expressed hope while only eight per cent were shocked and 6 per cent were angry. Seems like Australians have moved beyond a demand for an Australian coach. Like Castle, they’ll settle for one who wins.

Sporting administrators who rort the salary cap or condone drug cheating deserve all the flak they get in the media. But in 49 years of covering sport, I have never seen any official treated as viciously as Castle, merely for doing her job.

It is not her fault Australia have not won the Bledisloe Cup since 2002. It was not her fault that Folau, on his second chance, again said homosexuals were doomed to hell unless they repented. In a way she has blazed a trail every CEO needs to study, even if the lesson many took away was to do the exact opposite. Remember though, no CEO before her had ever found themselves in such a predicament.

Criticise her if the Wallabies continue to fail. Criticise her if the Super Rugby franchises struggle to stay afloat. Criticise her if the green shoots turn brown. But leave the personal attacks out of it. That’s nothing but bullying, pure and simple.

Senior Sport Writer
After a long stint as rugby union editor, Wayne Smith joined The Australian's outstanding team of cricket writers in 2007. He first covered cricket in 1971, and is also an experienced swimming writer
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 7:25pm
Woke hypocrites humiliated as Folaus bask in apology

Who said schadenfreude isn’t good for you? Watching the convolutions of Peter FitzSimons as he tries to come to terms with Wednesday’s settlement between Rugby Australia and Israel Folau is some icing on some cake. Poor Fitzy has not had a good year. As one pundit on Twitter pointed out, when it comes to his frequent judgments and predictions the scorecard reads as follows: Alan Jones 3 Peter FitzSimons 0; events played — NSW election, federal election, Israel Folau.

The man with the red bandana was busy trying to convince himself, and his Twitter followers, that the settlement is nothing more than a “mutual apology”. But note there was no mutual moolah. Money went one way, direct to Folau. And in another failed prediction, within hours of the settlement being announced, FitzSimons bet RA couldn’t possibly have paid Folau more than between $200,000 and $300,000.

He’s out by millions. On Wednesday afternoon, RA agreed to pay Folau a multimillion-dollar sum for the harm they caused him. Nothing mutual about it, even though Folau apologised, kind of, for harming the game of rugby. A small price to pay for a multimillion-dollar payout. Indeed, given that Folau’s legal bills were covered by well-wishers and he is now free to play in Japan or France for much higher sums than RA could pay, RA’s settlement was a rich, and richly deserved, compensation for Folau’s six months of stress.

And don’t underestimate the significance of the comprehensive apology made by RA to Folau. Right from the start, the champion rugby player who was sacked for posting his religious beliefs on ­social media, insisted that an apology was important to him. “First and foremost, I am hoping for an apology from RA and an acknowledgment that even if they disagree with my views, I should be free to peacefully express my religious beliefs without fear of retribution or exclusion,” he said earlier this year.

Apologies matter. They restore a person’s dignity, and signal responsibility taken. And that, presumably, is why Christian Porter’s proposed Religious Discrimination Bill provides a legal avenue for an apology to be ordered.

Up until Wednesday afternoon, RA boss Raelene Castle said RA would not apologise. Until she agreed that RA should apologise, not just to the rugby champion, but to his wife Maria, too.

Remember the pile-on that Maria endured when she publicly supported her husband’s right to express his religious beliefs. Maria has been fully vindicated, as she should be.

While FitzSimons has made a goose of himself, Liz Ellis should hang her head in shame. In June, the former Australian netballer champion slammed Netball Australia for not taking action against Maria, a member of Adelaide Thunderbirds. Maria’s crime was to publicly support her husband, re-posting his online fundraising campaign to raise money for legal fees to challenge RA’s decision to sack him.

“Yeah nah not good enough,” the former Australian Diamonds captain tweeted in response. “There is no room for homophobia in our game. Anyone who is seen to support or endorse homophobia is not welcome,” she wrote. While Ellis tried to wriggle out of her mess by saying she wasn’t having a go at Maria, no one with an ounce of common sense believes that.

Ellis and FitzSimons fall into that class of hypocrites who just love their free, and multicultural country until it means allowing people with different faiths to express their beliefs. Would Ellis and Fitzy have been so forthright in ­denouncing Israel and Maria if they were Muslims, rather than Christians?

The other problem with people like Ellis and FitzSimons is that they are wishing a very fragile world upon us, where even atheists get upset over any mention of Hell. One very astute reader of this newspaper wrote on Thursday morning about an experience when he was in his early teens. It deserves repeating because it goes to the heart of the confected outrage over Folau.

“My high school years were spent at a Christian Mission school,” wrote Edmund. “I am not a Christian and never was, but circumstances meant that this was the only choice available. I was told by many of my schoolmates that I should ‘see the light’ etc etc and that I would face eternal perdition if I did not. My reaction? I was not offended, and I was only 14 when I faced this. I understood that they meant well since they were talking to me out of the depth of their beliefs and that they wished ‘salvation’ for me. I politely told them that I respected and ­appreciated their concern, but I had my own set of convictions which did not coincide with theirs. We ended up respecting one another,” Edmund wrote. “What I don’t understand is why people take offence at other’s beliefs. My schoolmates did not advocate harm be done to me. They were not violent, they were not abusive, they just said what they believed. Moreover, given that I did not share their beliefs, the prospects of Dante’s Inferno were totally irrelevant since, as far as I was concerned, it did not even exist.”

Edmund was in his teens. Those like Ellis who have chosen to take offence over Folau’s belief in salvation are adults.

As Edmund concluded: “It seems that we are living in a ­society that is so fragile that coping with any adversity is becoming increasingly difficult and people seem to be falling apart at the slightest confrontation.”

And this raises the bigger unresolved issue in Folau v RA. Fundamental legal and social issues have been kicked down the road. That is inevitable when matters are settled outside a courtroom. But it means the real issues at the centre of Folau’s claim are left undecided. At least until the matter is settled (or not) by the promised “Folau clause” in Christian Porter’s religious freedom laws, we don’t know if it is the law in Australia that a person can be legally sacked for expressing their religious ­beliefs.

And what will RA do should one its team members, another ­devout Christian from the Pacific Islands, post his religious beliefs on social media next week, and follow it up again in a few months with another? Will Castle pick up that same sledgehammer?

One thing is clear: she has no clue about the legal reach of RA’s code of conduct because the legality, let alone the morality, of the now ubiquitous and pestilential “codes of conduct” that employers, universities and others are using to control the ­behaviour of employees and others in their private lives, remains uncertain.

These codes are usually couched in vague, general and aspirational language that enables code owners to prohibit and punish behaviour they don’t like or of which they don’t approve, away from the workplace or university. Such codes breach basic rules of justice: how can a law be fair unless its application is both clear and reasonable?

Codes such as RA’s code are also an Australian version of Chinese social credit policies. They subjugate individual rights — to freedom of speech and freedom of religion, for example — to the employer’s views of acceptable social behaviour.

These views are often not merely irredeemably woke, but fundamentally bigoted. Thus Castle invokes “the very, very key value of inclusiveness” to justify terminating Folau’s employment because of his religious views. Consider the irony that in her world, “diversity and inclusion” is a benefit available only to select groups such as LGBTI people and is specifically denied to today’s most excluded and persecuted group, Pentecostal Christians.

Nor do such codes of conduct value or protect free speech. It is not only those who quote Leviticus or St Paul’s letters to the Romans who discover that codes of conduct trample free speech.

Highly respected professor of physics Peter Ridd discovered that his freedom of speech and thought was subordinated by James Cook University’s code on the basis that he had failed to be collegial to his academic fellows.

Perhaps even more worrying, these codes are being used to allow activists and zealots to ride rough shod over fundamental legal principles valued since Magna Carta. Queensland Supreme Court Justice Ann Lyons, for example, recently pointed out that the University of Queensland’s codes were being used to subvert basic “protections of the criminal law” such as procedural fairness.

All these issues have been kicked down the road. One day they will need to be addressed. But for now, let’s be grateful that RA chairman Cameron Clyne, Castle, FitzSimons & Co have been comprehensively humiliated.

Israel Folau has just had his most magnificent triumph.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 7:33pm
Unsurprisingly short on demonstrated fact.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 7:34pm
Yes, totally unrelated to the amount stated in the first article. Just bangs on about woke stuff and right to religious bigotry.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:00pm
" Everyone is now waiting for the Folau clause to be introduced in Scott Morrison’s legislation to protect employees who say things that run counter to company policy. That will surely put Castle and her like-minded crew of do-gooders in their place. But tell me … how should that legislation treat an employee who calls for infidels to be beheaded?"

Exactly why I said I'm opposed to the Workplace Protection For Jihadis and All Other Religious Lunatics Bill 2020 at the beginning of the debate.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:05pm
OMG, I used to have nightmares about being stuck next to someone like her on a long haul.

Thank God for the herringbone setups these days.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:06pm
Has anyone read the Bill? I'm guessing they have tried to get around it by saying you can say anything you like about imaginary places like heaven or hell, but you can't make real world religious threats. You are going to hell if you are gay ok but you will be stoned to death for being gay not ok.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:09pm
I posted a link to it on here somewhere a couple of weeks ago. Pretty scary stuff they want to impose on us.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

I think the Reverend should beat his way down to poor Cobargo and preach to them how they are being punished for the outcome of the same sex marriage poll.  

Run Izzy run.  

Here ya go ... these are the feral scum parasites who are being punished in Cobargo ... and they clearly don't like it and blame "God" too, based on the way they are addressing him ... seems he hasn't given them enough free stuff!Cry

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:13pm
Oh, I see.

The Bill includes a general exception for discrimination against a person where a reasonable person would conclude that the person has expressed a particular religious belief and in doing so is counselling, promoting, encouraging or urging conduct that would constitute a serious offence. Serious offence means an offence involving harm (within the meaning of the Criminal Code) or financial detriment that is punishable by imprisonment for 2 years or more under a law of the Commonwealth, a state or a territory.
This provision ensures that the expression of certain beliefs, which are inconsistent with Australian values and would cause harm to individuals or the community at large, is not protected by anti-discrimination law.

Simon Cameron

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I posted a link to it on here somewhere a couple of weeks ago. Pretty scary stuff they want to impose on us.

Why PT? ... in what way would you like to be able to discriminate against Christians that the law won't allow?Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:17pm
Run away, run away !
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Or maybe Izzy should just relax with like minded people who adore him. Or spend time with his gorgeous wife. Or pass on his thoughts on religious expression that has helped facilitate new draft laws in the area. Or maybe he might just earn a few more million in some second rate competition somewhere around the globe. On the run you reckon Tonto -  i'd say the world was Izzys oyster - & that gets right up your snoz doesnt it ? Raelene on the otherhand, lets just say here today - gone tomorrow !

How come with all these like minded people that adore him, he still conducts his “church” rantings in a phone box sized room every Sunday?

a second rate competion?
I think even those have stated Izzy is toxic

Maybe he can get a gig in a third or fourth rate comp somewhere, that aren’t bothered by his bat sh*t crazy ideas......

You do that every day rusty, and nobody vilifies you for it?Confused
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:23pm
No Aloha for Scotty.   Run Scotty run.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 8:29pm

No Aloha for Scotty.   Run Scotty run.

Did you happen to hear the response from the Cobargo locals about this piece of "The Project Level" TV news journalism T?
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:00pm
Cobargo locals ?  You mean 'feral scum parasites' as you described them earlier ?  

Geez even the Liberal member for Bega reckons Scotty got what he deserved.   

I have never ever seen a PM forcing people to shake his hand and turning away from them when they had something to say that he didn't want to hear.  He would not even listen to the pregnant woman he forced to shake his hand and got one of his handlers to deal with her instead.  

Then he scuttles away when his photo opportunity is ruined...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:16pm
So for the dummies, Rugby Australia's huge slap in the face and loss for virtue signallers everywhere, went a lot like this ... a familiar tale of good prevailing over evil.Thumbs Up

RA sacked Izzy, tore up his contract and denied him his livelihood, based on his religious beliefs.

Izzy threatened legal action against the corrupt organisation.

RA knew they were in the wrong, so they begged for mediation rather than expensive litigation that would cripple them when they lost - but they had Raelz - the Great Negotiator who had done so well for the Bulldogs NRL after all!

Since it wasn't about the money, and Izzy wanted to proceed on moral principles, he agreed to the proposed Kangaroo Court, and got the outcome his Lawyers expected.

Everyone knew it was a stitch up, with a stacked deck, so once again, Izzy instructed his Lawyers to take them to court, wanting to now clear the slur on his name. 

RA begged him to stop and blamed their sponsor's Homosexual Atheist CEO for making them do it.

Izzy's Lawyers peed a little with excitement when they realised there would be MANY defendants now, thanks to the dopey RA Chairman who had run off at the mouth ... not just RA, who by this point were checking the coffers to see just how much they could afford to loss on this crap shoot. This was the game changer - the true vile haters, the sponsors were exposed!

Izzy's Lawyers said thanks for the heads up, we are finished dicking around with the tiddly winks, we are suing under Fair Work Section 772 breaches ... you are all fcuked!

Raelz and Cam and Big Al all peed themselves a little with fear because they know they were now all fcuked.

A bit of fake negotiation and Izzy rejects the first offer.

He ups the ante, and Raelz gets reemed by Izzy ... full damage "undisclosed" but she has not been seen sitting since that fateful day, and Izzy hasn't been seen without a smile like a split watermelon since!

Izzy praises and thanks God and all of his God Fearin' supporters.

Izzy wins, RA loses.

RA had to pay him millions of dollars that they had refused to do, and they also had to kiss his ass. 

Izzy had to accept a sealed envelope and say a token "my bad".

The End.

... oh, unless you want to entertain the theory that sees him getting an 8 figure backhander that the Homosexual Atheist had to fork out to make it all go away after they had increased the claim to $14 million ... I like that one Wink  
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:26pm

Cobargo locals ?  You mean 'feral scum parasites' as you described them earlier ?  

Geez even the Liberal member for Bega reckons Scotty got what he deserved.   

I have never ever seen a PM forcing people to shake his hand and turning away from them when they had something to say that he didn't want to hear.  He would not even listen to the pregnant woman he forced to shake his hand and got one of his handlers to deal with her instead.  

Then he scuttles away when his photo opportunity is ruined...

So you missed it ... I'm not surprised, The Guardian are finished with the story - they got what they wanted!

The REAL people of Cobargo should also get a say, don't you think?

... or are you happy that what you have meets your political agenda?

‘It’s wrong!’: Cobargo resident ‘ashamed’ of treatment of Scott Morrison

A Cobargo resident has passionately defended his town after a video went viral of Scott Morrison being heckled by angry locals.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison was met by angry residents in bushfire-devastated Cobargo in south-east NSW.

But the owner of the local pub, David Allen, tells Natalie Peters and Erin Molan that the reaction to Scott Morrison is not reflective of the town.

“He’s the Prime Minister of Australia and he deserves some respect.

“He was here to listen and unfortunately a tiny minority of people did that and it’s not representative of the community.

“Those people who did it, they’re just no-hopers, they haven’t been seen helping anyone.

“I was just so embarrassed for the town because that’s not what we are.”

Click PLAY below to hear the full interview

https://www.2gb.com/its-wrong-cobargo-resident-ashamed-of-treatment-of-scott-morrison/?fbclid=IwAR3DWBF4JIXCeA2hec1UWGx3FQYgiNGqjEToAVSZnk9wgIG2SrAZJjmSujc

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:29pm
btw T ... you really can't blame ScoMo for his reaction ... I know what they are like, but I osometimes feel like scurrying away from the vile scum parasites in this place when they get agitated too!LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 10:24pm
Love your Folau summary above Doc - spot on. PT & the other "winners" on here just cant accept Izzy bent RA & Raelene over. All they want to do is argue about some convoluted point as to whether he got 3, 5 or 8 million. Does it matter ? The bloke was sacked. Their so called "process" to handle the matter was a massive fail. From the contract, to the counselling, to the sacking, to the kangaroo court, to the legal stoush. They got towelled up. Suck it up princesses.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 10:38pm
$14 million oneone - I have it from a reliable sauce.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 10:42pm
Let me guess - BBQ LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Unsurprisingly short on demonstrated fact.
Excellent article by Albrechtsen. Makes some great points - none better than how Castle, Fitsimons & Ellis were made to look pretty ordinary. Oh & how Jones got it right AGAIN !
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 11:48pm
Come on oneone ... let PT have a "Draw" ... you know, like the Federal Election in May was "Draw".LOL

... and the other one was for Whale you killjoy!Cry
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 8:13am
Can someone tell this dopey bird - Erin Lyons - that her view is not appreciated  LOL

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 8:20am
Pumping for posts.

#SAD Disapprove
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 8:05am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 8:21am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 354>