Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Folau - Higgins/Lehrmann P193

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 362>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Just tried reading this thread again - got up to about page 20 & gave up. What is clear is that many got it wrong. It was not a clear cut breach of his contract. If it was clear cut RA would not have settled. Big business (including insurance companies) are not in the habit of throwing "big" money away if they think they have a case with minimal risk re its success. i understand many cases get settled out of court - however i remember reading somewhere the legal liability to RA if the case went to the High Court was less than 2 million (& that RA had budgeted for this possibility). Izzy got a lot more than that - possibly around 5 million - so there must have been a fair bit of uncertainty with the case.

What a load of tosh.
You have no idea of the culture of RA in regards to how they settle disputes.
You have zero understanding of what Insurance companies take into account, before settling. BIG money, no they don’t settle early for that.Nuisance money they do.
Bearing in mind, scale costs do not come close to recouping actual costs.
One thing is certain, any settlement this early in the process, reflects a weakness in one parties position.
Bear in mind, in the most recent article you have linked, his legal team decided very early on, that they would only win by public relations, not by the law.
Lawyers with strong cases, focus on the law, not spin.
The only one spinning the tosh in here tonight Rusty is you. You would be the only bloke in the country making RA to be the winners in this dispute. They sacked him with no payout / no nothing - remember ? Gee's you cannot be that thick ! The only way RA could WIN is if IZZY stayed sacked - got no apology - got no loot - & the judge said he broke his code of conduct contract. 

Oh dear,
I’m not claiming victory on their behalf.
I’m disputing your assertion that
a) they had no legal basis to terminate him
b) that Izzy won HUUGE.... no one has any idea of the settlement.
c) that RA making an apology is vindication for Izzy, when he also made an apology that he vowed he would never make.

Further I dispute your assertions that he has held the line all through the process.

I note that you don’t dispute he lied to the poor gullible Christians about his true motives,and tried to deflect it with a ridiculous “what about them.”

Do you really need to have it explained why all CEOs dont fund all of their employers litigation costs.......
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:35pm
No Whale - i can see Rusty beavering away writing a reply as we banter. He is going to explain to me how Izzy lost  Confused. As i said - wish i could lose a few times like he has
Refer ALP Election Promises
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:37pm
26 Smile

And quoting 10 previous posts takes up heaps of space Cry
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:46pm
1 - Correct ; RA didn't go the distance
2 - Your in Fitzy's 200k bracket i presume LOL
3 - Folau never apologised for the statement he made other than to say he apologised if the game of rugby was damaged. He didn't apologise for the comment to whom it was aimed at. RA on the other hand specifically apologised to Folau for any damage their action may have had on HIM. Big difference there Rusty. Suggest you have a good read of it.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:49pm
Thats why Izzy came out all guns blazing after the settlement was announced. He basically gave no ground on what he said in his original post. Said he was entitled to say it
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 8:53pm
Anyhow at least we agree now that Izzy won & RA lost. That's something i suppose. (its all I've been saying all night you know Rusty - sheesh)
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 9:11pm

1 - Correct ; RA didn't go the distance
2 - Your in Fitzy's 200k bracket i presume LOL
3 - Folau never apologised for the statement he made other than to say he apologised if the game of rugby was damaged. He didn't apologise for the comment to whom it was aimed at. RA on the other hand specifically apologised to Folau for any damage their action may have had on HIM. Big difference there Rusty. Suggest you have a good read of it.

Now you’re being ridiculous, Izzy swore it was about standing up for an issue,never pursued that issue legally, and settled for piss off money from the insurers.
He clearly didn’t go the distance,and clearly never intended to.

No I’m not in any camp, 200k is just as ridiculous as your claims of $8M.

Both parties apologised, using identical wording.
It’s not the massive victory you perversely think it is.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 9:13pm

Thats why Izzy came out all guns blazing after the settlement was announced. He basically gave no ground on what he said in his original post. Said he was entitled to say it

How did he go with his crusade?
Whoops, let’s not mention that little bit about him obtaining funds by deception......
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 9:30pm
Liar,liar pants on fire.........

“Since my contract was terminated by Rugby Australia I’ve been overwhelmed and humbled by the support received from family, friends, fans and the public. Even people who don’t share my beliefs have defended my right to uphold and express them.
“They made me realise that I’m not just fighting for my future and family – I’m fighting for what’s right.
“But I can’t do it alone. If you want to join this journey with me, to fight for the right for freedom of religion, please donate. Thank you and God bless.”

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 9:40pm
Now c'mon Rusty - i wont be happy until you spit it out for all too see. I wouldn't want anyone thinking i was "perverse". Izzy got sacked by RA. They claimed that he broke their Code Of Conduct in the Agreement. Izzy said he was unfairly terminated . So that's the starting point  - yes ? RA TERMINATED HIS CONTRACT. Izzy ended up getting a sizable payout (most likely 4 to 5 million), plus an apology plus much public adoration from those like minded. He was acting like a winner straight after the announcement, & he still walks around looking like a winner (cpd to Castle - who looks like a loser). So please Rusty - tell me IZZY won so i can go to bed. I know you struggle with that concept - its just that sometimes its better just to suck it up so you can move on. I'm here to help you know (i helped Whale once - the blokes never looked back).
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

How did he go with his crusade?
Whoops, let’s not mention that little bit about him obtaining funds by deception......
Extremely well i would say. Crystallised the whole Religious Expression concept that had been bandied about for a number of years. I think your failed mob indicated after their last loss they needed to to be more tolerant of folk with traditional religious views. And now up pops the new Religious Expression Legislation. So yes - Izzy has done very well actually.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 9:52pm
He made it clear in his post settlement video that Australians needed to get behind the new legislation. He didn't come across to me as a bloke who had been put back in his box. Quite the opposite actually - looked like a winner.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 12:27am
No doubt IMHO izzy won big time .      NO written contract for him to refrain from posting his Religious crap.

What am I missing something ....    What is a Fking "belief".    AND what strength has that ( Probable delusion ) if you can't back it up with facts .

Pull down the flag on these "Beliefs"     ...     I don't know that our globe is warming , or if it is in the warmer stage of a ( say) 500 year cycle.
    I don't know if all those people Izzy mentioned are going to hell ....
I don't know where hell is , or heaven or if they even exist ...    belief in such things is BS.

When was our worst drought ....   I believe   hahahahaha
The most well known of these are the Federation drought (1895-1903), the World War II drought (1939-45), and the recent Millennium drought (1997-2009). All three droughts were devastating to agriculture and the broader economy, but each was distinct in its spatial footprint, duration, and intensity.May 1, 2018.

We may be heading into our worst drought ever..

Well if you " Believe " get out there and Pray Pray Pray .

AND sack the Baxstrd if he wastes your time.    Or is that She.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 6:14pm
Poor oneonesit was hanging around this thread for a week, so dejected his reason to be was dwindling to nothing. Finally got his chance and the 24th and relished it with 33 posts Confused

Good in a way though, I am sure he was much more amiable on Xmas day, would have been unbearable otherwise
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:17pm

Now c'mon Rusty - i wont be happy until you spit it out for all too see. I wouldn't want anyone thinking i was "perverse". Izzy got sacked by RA. They claimed that he broke their Code Of Conduct in the Agreement. Izzy said he was unfairly terminated . So that's the starting point  - yes ? RA TERMINATED HIS CONTRACT. Izzy ended up getting a sizable payout (most likely 4 to 5 million), plus an apology plus much public adoration from those like minded. He was acting like a winner straight after the announcement, & he still walks around looking like a winner (cpd to Castle - who looks like a loser). So please Rusty - tell me IZZY won so i can go to bed. I know you struggle with that concept - its just that sometimes its better just to suck it up so you can move on. I'm here to help you know (i helped Whale once - the blokes never looked back).

Contract Law 101.

Illegal contract = unenforceable contract. 

Game over. RA loses ... the only question was by how much. 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:24pm
So now contracts are enforceable? 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:39pm
Allegedly settled for between 4 and $5m.Which was far less than his on-going contract potential and only a couple of years worth of his current contract.  Plus he received an apology from Rugby Australia.  Future earning potential: far less than would otherwise been the case.  He's a winner?

Rugby Australia essentially paid out his current contract plus a fraction more, most of which was recouped via insurance.  Plus they received an apology from Izzie.  They're the losers?

Bottom line is that Izzie will ultimately lose big-time, Rugby Australia lost short term at very least.  It's just a pity the code itself has been significantly damaged and that's arguably why there's no winners in this entire state of affairs.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:40pm
I'd reply to that comment PT - however with Whale stalking/counting (there's that word again Macca)every post I make i'm not going too. Don't want to lose my official job on here.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:41pm
*to

Sorry WhaleEmbarrassed
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:43pm
See what i mean - everyone jostling for positions ! LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:44pm
It's tough out here.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Allegedly settled for between 4 and $5m.Which was far less than his on-going contract potential and only a couple of years worth of his current contract.  Plus he received an apology from Rugby Australia.  Future earning potential: far less than would otherwise been the case.  He's a winner?

Rugby Australia essentially paid out his current contract plus a fraction more, most of which was recouped via insurance.  Plus they received an apology from Izzie.  They're the losers?

Bottom line is that Izzie will ultimately lose big-time, Rugby Australia lost short term at very least.  It's just a pity the code itself has been significantly damaged and that's arguably why there's no winners in this entire state of affairs.

but, but, but ... RA wins bigly! ... think of all of those Homosexual Atheists that have been drawn to the game - as players and supporters - at the expense of Homosexual Christians and other normal people ... from a marketing perspective, you can not underestimate the value of owning the DINKS demographic, as opposed to the Mums and Dads with actual normal health sporty children!

Winner, Winner, Vegan Dinner! Dead
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 8:27pm
Always something to be gained in the name of Science .

That word --WHALE-- will eventually be the worlds most effective emetic.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 7:16am
God still very very unhappy about SSM.Angry

But I haven't heard Reverend Folau on the matter lately. He's probably on holiday in Hawaii.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 7:33am
I think the Reverend should beat his way down to poor Cobargo and preach to them how they are being punished for the outcome of the same sex marriage poll.  

Run Izzy run.  
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

I think the Reverend should beat his way down to poor Cobargo and preach to them how they are being punished for the outcome of the same sex marriage poll.  

Run Izzy run.  

Maybe a bit closer to home he could visit Horsely Park Fire Station and tell them that their 2 young mates that died last week was because God was punsihing them over SSM .
animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 2:31pm
Or maybe Izzy should just relax with like minded people who adore him. Or spend time with his gorgeous wife. Or pass on his thoughts on religious expression that has helped facilitate new draft laws in the area. Or maybe he might just earn a few more million in some second rate competition somewhere around the globe. On the run you reckon Tonto -  i'd say the world was Izzys oyster - & that gets right up your snoz doesnt it ? Raelene on the otherhand, lets just say here today - gone tomorrow !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 2:45pm
Is Raelene still with RA oneone?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 2:48pm
Who knows. Haven't heard boo out of her for months. When does Clyne go ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 2:52pm
She is probably in Hawaii celebrating and spending some of her huge bonus after getting rid of a couple of major problems and saving RA a fortune in the process.

Dec 6, 2019 - Rugby Australia executive director Raelene Castle negotiated a considerably lower settlement fee with Israel Folau than even her own board had authorised. ... “She was given flexibility but she worked well within it,” the director said. ... READ MORE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 362>