Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Laundry Basket
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Praying for terrorist victims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Praying for terrorist victims
    Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 2:08pm
Christian churches around the world, are currently praying for the innocent Muslims gunned down in New Zealand.
Including NSW town Grafton, all the Christian churches are in deep prayer for the innocent Muslims.

Im curious though, as I cant find anything on the internet, do Mosques pray for Christians when Christians have been slaughtered by terrorists?

Im not asking to make some sort of point, simply just asking, as I cant find anything that suggests Mosques openly pray for innocent dead Christians.

Please post links if possible.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 2:22pm
Good Question.

I seem to recall some celebrating in the streets when the 9/11
horror unfolded.

Reprisals are to be expected I suppose , as Bin ladin , Sadaam , Gadaffi
Isis and thousands of others have found out.

All sadly , in the name of the delusions surrounding Religions.

What do We do about it :--   Continue to allow brain washing in classrooms , Bring Flowers , Pray for the victims, Fly Flags at half mast and of course , hold a mass, to thank some Lord for his dirty deeds that day.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 2:51pm
There are some wonderful Muslims on Social Media and they always condemn atrocities and pray for the victims. 

I do not know what goes on behind closed doors but I would suggest they do.

Like this clown in Christchurch it is only the Right Wing lunatics that do this kind of thing and it is the Right Wingers lunatics of the Muslim faith who are murderous in their message.

reductio ad absurdum
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Good Question.

I seem to recall some celebrating in the streets when the 9/11
horror unfolded.

Reprisals are to be expected I suppose , as Bin ladin , Sadaam , Gadaffi
Isis and thousands of others have found out.

All sadly , in the name of the delusions surrounding Religions.

What do We do about it :--   Continue to allow brain washing in classrooms , Bring Flowers , Pray for the victims, Fly Flags at half mast and of course , hold a mass, to thank some Lord for his dirty deeds that day.

as some white extremists are celebration the Christchurch shooting
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:12pm
If that's the case Whale , They should be arrested.

Surely such carnage isn't acceptable , no matter what we were born to.

SAD
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:13pm

SAD

Agree!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:07pm

SAD

True, 
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:25pm
Does anyone know how long this bloke had been in NZ before he did this?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:29pm
2 years, living in Dunedin He had planned to do it there, but after spending some time looking decided Christchurch would cause more human damage.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:33pm
So did he move over there so he could get his hands on the kind of weapons he needed? Probably impossible to say at this point. But it seems the weirdest of places to have been radicalised.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:45pm
Not sure but I think I read or heard that he was a fitness trainer in Grafton NSW and his father died a couple of years ago, he snapped and moved to NZ, seemingly to plan this. He wrote his so called 75 page manifesto over the course of the time he spent planning, citing Dylan Roof and Anders Breivik  as his inspiration.

Ms Ardern's pretty quick move in banning semi automatic weapons suggests their availability may have been  a factor?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:59pm
That’s what I mean...why NZ? Very small percentage of Muslims with no history of radicalisation that I can see. Why there? This is our shame.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:30pm
His reasons are known, just not yet revealed. He sent an email to PM Ardern minutes before the attack outlining his reasons and included his 74 page paper.
Paul Hogan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

That’s what I mean...why NZ? Very small percentage of Muslims with no history of radicalisation that I can see. Why there? This is our shame.

Um because the attack was against the Muslim religion and race.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:52pm
So it would not be our shame if it happened elsewhere.

Geography has nothing to do with this it is a World wide problem.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:03pm
People can pray all they like but unfortunately these innocent victims of this terrorist attack aren't coming back.

EAD
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Paul Hogan Paul Hogan wrote:

Spot on Paul, it's a terrible shame this happened and you wouldn't wish it upon any country on earth, and yes it's a worldwide problem
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:08pm

No, because it was an AustralianConfused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Spot on Paul, it's a terrible shame this happened and you wouldn't wish it upon any country on earth, and yes it's a worldwide problem

Are Tiger you see the big picture quite refreshing.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:24pm
So why NZ?
Why There?

My 5 year old used to drive me mad with them question

Why dad? Why?

My answer was always the same, I will explain it to you one day.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:35pm
Your learning Jim.

You can't pat Eastern Browns on the head.    
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:42pm

Seriously...I’ve rarely laughed so hard before you came into Joffs. Keep the clown show rolling, bozo.

if you want a laugh judge you should check out the kiwi guy rip into Fraser Anning at the airport - bloody hilarious
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

if you want a laugh judge you should check out the kiwi guy rip into Fraser Anning at the airport - bloody hilarious

Anning’s a worm but the more people attack him the more publicity he gets. Pretty sure he’ll be gone at the next election, but the bloke’s dumb as a rock. He inflicts enough harm on himself. Leave him to it, I say.

Edited by Gay3 - 17 Mar 2019 at 9:17pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:53pm

Your learning Jim.

You can't pat Eastern Browns on the head.    

It's past your bedtime mate.

Common into bed the snake will still be there in the morning
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:56pm
From the little I've read (and it could all be BS), his dad killed himself, he was an obessive gamer and obsessed with 4Chan type crap, he travelled through muslim countries after hid dad's suicide, he admired terrorists, he didn't align himself to anything... just a deeply messed up bloke who wanted to kill people. Probably should have joined ISIS.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 11:23pm

Not my shame, but I'm happy to blame you if you insist ... not quite sure how that helps the 50 victims and their friends and families though ... 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Seriously...I’ve rarely laughed so hard before you came into Joffs. Keep the clown show rolling, bozo.

Was this the kid with the egg, or another member of Labor/Greens "Fascist In Training" Program? ... from what I've heard, the kid received a poor grade, because he turned up alone, wasn't wearing a balaclava, and got the gelati beat out of him ...Embarrassed 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 5:11am
So are we concluding here that Mosques dont pray for innocent Christians that are slaughtered?

This is pretty interesting.
Islamic dude left Islam and turned to Christianity

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Not my shame, but I'm happy to blame you if you insist ... not quite sure how that helps the 50 victims and their friends and families though ... 

Gee Doc, an Aussie abroad massacring 50 of another nations innocent civilians. Maybe for someone like yourself it’s seen a little differently...Aussie, Aussie, Aussie..:
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:35am
Not my shame either, feel for the victims and families but Im not the nut job who did this

It's like blaming me now for what happened to the aborigines 200 years ago
EAD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>