Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Dalasan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 8:08pm
I assume it will be this, then the 

29 September 1400 Guineas Prelude

12 October Caulfield Guineas ?

I can not see him winning again this campaign despite him being more than talented enough to do so in the right races.

Idiotic campaigning. 

He'd be a far better chance in the Guineas if he ran on the 21st September in the Rupert Clarke 3 weeks prior to the Guineas. 

He will be run off his feet this Saturday and the rest of his campaign will be ruined because of it.

reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 8:30pm
I'll let Leon know what you suggest.  Though given the following he may possibly choose to ignore your well meant message.

Career1179WinsGroup 111WinsPrize Money$41,791,153Post 2000Win %13%CareerPlace %37%CareerRecent Win %14%
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 8:38pm
Imagine how much better his record could be.

I see his last Derby winner was also a Spring Stakes winner. Lamp
reductio ad absurdum
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 8:41pm
The owners should give you the horse.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 8:42pm
No, no need for that, Leon can train him I'll just run him in the proper races. 

reductio ad absurdum
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 8:46pm
Seems a while since the stable had a good one. And they’ve had some good ones. Fingers crossed for this bloke. When they come back as Spring 3yos and put in a run like that, they’re good enough. Hopefully they find the right races for him.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:05pm
He’ll be perfectly fine and win again.

He could’ve led first up if they wanted to. They don’t win like that over 1200m at WFA as a horse barely out of their 2 year old year if they need to be third up into a Derby.
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

He could’ve led first up if they wanted to. They don’t win like that over 1200m at WFA as a horse barely out of their 2 year old year if they need to be third up into a Derby.

That was a very ordinary race he won the other day, with the 2nd horses clearly not running remotely to his best.

I doubt he gets within 5 lengths of the winner on Saturday even if the race is full of maiden class gallopers.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:22pm
Who started this three runs into the Derby business?  Unless I missed something Leon might have said  later than when post-race he immediately identified the Guineas as the colt's prime target.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:42pm
I said it.
reductio ad absurdum
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

That was a very ordinary race he won the other day, with the 2nd horses clearly not running remotely to his best.

I doubt he gets within 5 lengths of the winner on Saturday even if the race is full of maiden class gallopers.

I look forward to seeing how that statement plays out
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 3:02pm
No need to worry - he hasn’t been entered for that 1200m race on Saturday.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 4:08pm
Nominated for 1400m Penny Edition at Morphetville
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 4:10pm
😆 There we go. Trav on twitter is usually pretty reliable.
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 4:14pm
Whilst that obviously a winnable race for him it makes for an i nteresting campaign to the Guineas.

I make it 4 "cycles" to the guineas.

He will be too dour for the Guineas.

reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 4:18pm
Be Good To Ya Mother likely to run in that Adelaide race
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 1:54pm
- Danehill
- Prelude
- Guineas

As per Steve Hewlett.
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 8:48pm
Correct. Makes sense as the owner/breeder Harry Perks has bred over 100 s/winners but never a Caulfield Gns, so when you have potentially a good option like Dalasun why not aim for it.
If successful, the next option is obvious
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 8:50pm
So sanity thankfully prevails. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Glencoe Glencoe wrote:

Correct. Makes sense as the owner/breeder Harry Perks has bred over 100 s/winners but never a Caulfield Gns, so when you have potentially a good option like Dalasun why not aim for it.
If successful, the next option is obvious

Fair enough aim for it, but give the horse a chance to win it. He needs to be fresh.

He will be too dour by the time the race comes around.

Now I will shut the kiss up until it is proven otherwise on the race track.

reductio ad absurdum
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 4:53pm
✅✅✅✅
This space has been intentionally left blank
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 5:06pm
Looks like he will be better around a turn as well.

Quality with a capital Q!!!!!!!!!!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 5:17pm
He's a star.
Sunline...simply supreme
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 3:14am
Fair effort from Clark. The big fella is no easy steer.

Prelude, Guineas, Cantala, Mackinnon.

Sold to stud.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 1:12pm
He is looking for further.

Again they were the B and C grade sprinters.

These clownish experts on Racing.com saying he has no idea what he is doing is absolute garbage.

He knows what he is doing he should be doing it over a hell of a lot further.

1400m around Caulfield will be too sharp for him now.

reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 1:52pm
I suspect so too djebel, only class got him there y/day. He has a beautiful long, rangy stride crying out for a tempo at which he can race comfortably within himself then quicken where it matters.
Apparently it's the race that 'traditionally' he has to have Confused

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I suspect so too djebel, only class got him there y/day. He has a beautiful long, rangy stride crying out for a tempo at which he can race comfortably within himself then quicken where it matters.

Clap
reductio ad absurdum
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 2:19pm
Do you reckon they will Cox Plate him?
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Where in Australia is he going to get that tempo?

If they're going to maximise the return, he has to be something he's not. Stiff bikkies. That's racing.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:09pm
There'll be plenty of pace on in the Caulfield Guineas!
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>