Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Dalasan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dalasan
    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 4:23pm
Bred to be a 2 miler, yet won first two starts at 1000m and 1100m. Improved heaps from debut to second start. Came from well back, wide turn and rider on one rein (hanging) in straight. Should have won much more easily. Steps up to 1400m tomorrow in VRC Sires. Way up in class, but this horse is good.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 4:25pm
Always wary of Lucky Leon, when he comes to Victoria.

His debut was in a three horse field, but he did show strength through the line and the 1400m looks ideal.

There are some nice improvers in the race so he would need to be good to win here, but I will have something on!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 4:06pm
Well spotted Bonfield,
Definitely group 1 potential. Spring may be his time but will only improve over distance and with experience.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 7:47pm
Leon was very bullish about him before the race, even saying he was aiming at Sydney for the Sires.

Could be his next good one!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 7:49pm
If only the bugger would go straight today, or the jockey had used the whip in his left hand. Cost me a packet.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 6:57pm
I think we’ve got another smart 3yo on our hands here.
Looking forward to see him come to Melbourne
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:06pm
Same female line as Street Cry so I hope he's a colt.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:08pm
Still a colt
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:00pm
The interview after the race with Leaping Leon, is good reason you should always watch trainer interviews, except for Gai who says any of hers who win a midweek winter race are Epsom or Cup horses.

I have watched Leon be interviewed for about twenty five years and you can tell when he is excited. He was trying hard not to say much, but begrudgingly he said he was a good horse.

That means in Leon talk, that this is one of the best he has put a bridle on.

I would love to see him in the Golden Rose!

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:08pm
He doesn’t give much away does he... lovely to see him with another good horse.
Great man.
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 9:15pm
What are the likely Spring targets for this colt? I didn’t hear Leon interviewed after today’s win.

On pedigree he’s a Derby horse, but I’m assuming they’ll look at the Caulfield Guineas as the main aim for this Spring? They can wait for the autumn for a Derby.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 9:36pm
He didn’t mention any particular race.
But I am thinking he is a derby horse
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:56pm
Maybe too brilliant for a Derby?.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 3:50pm
I love this horse. Caulfield Guineas the main aim. You'd think he cleans up a Vase. Can't see him running in a Derby. They don't normally win over 1200m against older horses at WFA. He'd need to be a freak.
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:12pm
Lets face it thought it was not a high quality WFA sprint race.

I like the horse. He should stay. will they bother with that though ?
reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:13pm
He beat home two genuine group horses
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:28pm
Two old horses who are not group 1 class.

This bloke, when he gets to 2000m and beyond will be group 1 class.

I doubt he will be a group 1 winner at 1600m.
reductio ad absurdum
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:40pm
Took $29 Derby and 100/1 Cox Plate just in case
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 7:04pm
Obviously you missed Scales of Justices previous run djebel.

He rushed away from Cliffs Edge like he was stranded in quicksand, and yesterday he came out and was the best of the rest behind, the apparent Cox Plate winner.

I think overall the field was down, and yes he had eight kilos off SOJ, but the way he went through the line and to come away by a length, was the sign that the horse is right back to his best.

I would think that the run was as good as Bivouac or Exhilarates wins.
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 7:40pm
We can always live in hope of seeing a horse good enough (& a trainer bold enough) to actually achieve something great & memorable.

I’m not sure Dalasan is that horse, but it would be awesome if he blazed through the Spring to emulate the likes of Taj Rossi & Red Anchor.

I think both those greats 3yo’s also started their spring with 1st up wins over 1200m, before winning:

MV Stks 1600m
Caulfield Guineas 1600m
Cox Plate 2040m
VRC Derby 2500m
Balciano View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 10:26pm
Interestingly enough Foxseal 3 of Taj Rossi's feature wins that Spring - Ascot Vale, George Adams and Vic Derby - are all run within about 2 hours of each other now on Derby Day.

Leon certainly knows how to train a Spring 3 yr old. Apart from Rebel Raider and Gold Guru I recall Umrum and Great Glen winning the Guineas Prelude, Majestic Music won an Edward Manifold, Hyronemus was beaten a nose in the Derby...the horse is in the right hands. Would be great to see SA with another banner horse.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

He didn’t mention any particular race.
But I am thinking he is a derby horse
Leon's words: "It's been a while since Southern Speed"... "He might win a Caulfield Guineas"... "I wanted to have a look at him before making any plans"

Also Leon's words: "Yep"... "Yeah"... *inaudible*

The rest was mostly praise for Raquel Clark and choked back tears.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 6:54pm
Apparently this guy is going around over 1200m again on Saturday. 

Big big mistake.

reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 7:06pm
In Melbourne?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 7:08pm
Yes, The McKenzie Stakes. 
reductio ad absurdum
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 7:20pm
I think the race name is actually the McNeil Qlty - G3 1200m.

Previously won by the likes of Merchant Navy, Tierce & Sequalo.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 7:23pm
1200m, 1200m. 1400m, 1600m (in the Guineas).A program that's been successful time after time after time.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

1200m, 1200m. 1400m, 1600m (in the Guineas).A program that's been successful time after time after time.

Not for a horse who should be 3rd up into a Derby. 

The real reason our Stayers are kissed. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Foxseal Foxseal wrote:

I think the race name is actually the McNeil Qlty - G3 1200m.

Previously won by the likes of Merchant Navy, Tierce & Sequalo.

You are correct. 
reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Not for a horse who should be 3rd up into a Derby.  The real reason our Stayers are kissed.

Like it or not his primary aim is the Guineas.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>