Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL Indiscretions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 36>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 8:43pm
I don't think I've ever met a woman with silicone implants I liked. Might be just a prejudice I have.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 11:15pm
OMG.  That woman. Wacko So many lies.   So much make-up.  So many fake tears.  3 pregnancies in a bit over 6 months ?  The last one terminated at almost 6 months ?? 
60 mins are getting desperate , interviewing her.  
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 11:36pm
They had her dig a hole for herself as Police are investigating her.
The show educated, quite a lot of people, on the dangers of not keeping an open mind on "The Big Picture".           The poor Man has been to hell and back.    
She will do time I would suggest, if the Mental Health loophole doesn't save her.
Appears She has been doing the same scam on vulnerable men for a long time.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 11:48pm
Just shows how easy men are sucked in by a pretty face and big boobs. 
Altho I dont think her face is pretty.   Make-up put on with a spatular. 
Shows how makeup and body can fool men.
That poor bloke . 
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 9:39am
Pretty faces with medium or perky boobs does it too. Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 1:30pm
If you say so PT. Thumbs Up  That sheila would be right off your list then Wink

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 1:31pm
She sure would have been. Ripped off 10 or more other guys before Reynolds.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 1:35pm
I just couldnt believe she was dumb enough to go on that program and let all her lies etc be laid right out there , while she sat there, unable to deny any of it.
Smart enough to rip off all those guys, yet dumb enough to make herself look a complete fool.Wacko
If she was looking for the sympathy vote I think it was a big fail.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 1:37pm
Proper sociopath conmen/women truly believe they can bulls**t anyone. 
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 1:37pm
NRL players with their athletic physiques and outsized pay packets,( not necessarily in that order) are a magnet for a lot of young women. Not all are gold-diggers, but hey, it is as easy to "love" a rich man, as a poor one.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 2:06pm
When you google Addin Fonua Blake How is he even still in the game ?
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 2:13pm
You might ask how the ref, and video ref, is still in the game, after what was a gross error. Blind Freddie could see that had to be a penalty.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 2:13pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 2:16pm
This game of rugby league is going to rue the day they invited PVL in to micro-manage it.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 2:25pm
I feel the same way Max but so far , so good .     He buys into too much.

The unacceptable behavoural incidents after the Manly match aren't V'landy issues . He should Butt out.
I'm sure the media and Clubs Judiciary will handle that side of it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 3:47pm
jeez, there must be some nice "give ups" around the place, to be dobbing the bloke for what he said about the ref, out of his earshot. If everyone got pinched for that, none would be playing.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 3:51pm

Jack de Belin rape trial told of 'fundamental disconnect' between accused and alleged victim

The Crown prosecutor in the rape trial of Jack de Belin has told the court that the defendants and the complainant had fundamentally different ideas of what was happening on the night of the alleged sexual assault.

Key points:

• After more than three weeks and testimony from almost 20 witnesses, closing statements are underway in the trial of Jack de Belin
  • The Crown told the court that none of the complainant's behaviour, including that recorded on CCTV, amounted to an indication of consent
  • The trial, presided over by Judge Andrew Haesler, was told the NRL star may have "expected" to have sex with the complainant

In his closing statement, David Scully SC told the court that the complainant did not want to have sex with the NRL star or his co-accused, Callan Sinclair, after the three of them met on the night of Wollongong's Santa Claus Pub Crawl in 2018.

"The two accused had different ideas — they thought she was keen," Mr Scully said.

"This is where the fundamental disconnect arises — that is that neither of the accused, the Crown argues, bothered to tell the complainant about their plan to have consensual sex with her."

'Sex would naturally follow'

Mr Scully told the jury CCTV footage of the complainant on the night of December 8, 2018, did not constitute proof that she had consented to the encounter.

"The complainant is a 19-year-old at Christmas time, she's allowed to go out dressed up, she's allowed to go out, she's allowed to have a good dance, she's even allowed to have a fun kiss with Mr Sinclair if that's what she wants to do," he said.

"Nothing about how the complainant behaved at that night club in any way tells you that she consented to be sexually penetrated by either or both of the accused in that unit.

"So far as the complainant is concerned, the Crown argues that the complainant never wanted to have sex with either Mr Sinclair or Mr de Belin.

"I'm not suggesting prior to going to the unit there was any plan to commit a criminal offence.

"Their plan, I suggest to you, is to get her back to that unit and they hoped – and in Mr de Belin's case you might think he expected – that once they got her back there, once they were in that unit, sex would naturally follow."

'Red herring'

The jury had previously heard evidence that police detectives accessed information on the defendants' phones that was subject to legal privilege.

Mr Scully described this evidence as a "red herring" and not relevant to the matter of determining whether the defendants were guilty of the offence.

"So far as your task in determining whether you accept beyond a reasonable doubt the evidence of [the complainant], can I submit to you that ultimately all of that evidence was unimportant?" Mr Scully said.

"No evidence that any material on those devices was shown to the complainant or discussed with her.

More to come.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-23/jack-de-belin-rape-trial-hears-closing-statements/12911000

reductio ad absurdum
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 3:58pm
He gets of, no doubt in my mind from what I’ve read thus far
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 4:02pm

Jarryd Hayne rape trial begins in Newcastle court, with ex-NRL player pleading not guilty

Former National Rugby League player Jarryd Hayne had been in Newcastle for a two-day bucks' party for a fellow NRL player on the weekend he allegedly sexually assaulted a woman, a court has heard.

NSW police have alleged Mr Hayne had sex with a woman without her consent in Newcastle on NRL grand final night in 2018, and that he recklessly inflicted actual bodily harm.

The prosecutors' case in the rape trial in Newcastle District Court centres on the allegation that Mr Hayne had sex with the woman, 28, while knowing that she did not give consent.

They alleged he asked a cab driver to wait for him while he was in the woman's house.

During arraignment on Monday, Mr Hayne pleaded not guilty to two counts of aggravated sexual assault causing actual bodily harm.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 5:56pm
I've never paid that much attention to De Belin. He's the one who used to have weird hairstyles and was a bench player for NSW in SOO. Correct? It never occurred to me that he was a great forward or even the best St George forward. But I keep reading that certain clubs are prepared to pay him $1 million a yearWacko even after he hasn't played for 2 years. I must have underrated him.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 5:58pm
All NRL players to be issued with body cams which must be on during any sexual activity.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 6:06pm
When was the last time an alleged rapist looked into his or her victim's eyes?

So would only work effectively in beaver business: "ok, that's an umbilicus at top of screen".  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 6:56pm
I think the best chance of a conviction would come from an immediate complaint to police, afterthought complaints are less likely to convince a jury. That introduces the "buyer's remorse" argument into the equation.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 7:14pm
I think both of these allledged crimes were reported virtually straight away ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 7:23pm
From what I have read of the de Belin case, she went to work the next day, and only after that lodged the complaint. I'm sure sound reasons can be constructed not to dismiss a case on that basis, but it certainly does not help the case.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 7:28pm
I'd imagine most woman struggle with the idea people are going to believe them.

As it stands all we have is one sides word against another.

A jury basically has decide who to believe.

The whole thing is horrendous. I want to believe the alleged victim. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 7:32pm
Must have been fairly soon after

Constable Benjamin Sutton, assisting the officer in charge, was also grilled about the lack of detailed notes taken throughout the investigation, as well as immediately following the initial complaint.

“Our priority was to get her to a hospital ... the retention of that physical evidence was a priority at that time,” Sutton said. The officer could not recall making notes regarding many of his interactions with the young woman.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 7:36pm

A woman was seen to have red marks on her chest and a bruise on her neck hours after she says she was raped by footballer Jack de Belin and his friend, a jury has been told.

Clinical associate professor Ann Ellacott on Friday testified to examining the 19-year-old woman at Wollongong hospital’s sexual assault unit on 9 December 2018 when she observed the injuries.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/nov/13/jack-de-belin-trial-woman-was-seen-to-have-bruise-on-neck-hours-after-saying-she-was-raped

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:26pm
Certainly doesn't sound like the worst "category" of rape to me. Cannot compare this sort of case to someone being raped without any previous contact / association. I think the penalty he has already paid (loss of career) is sufficient.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 10:05pm
Geez.   Draw it out forever .  She went off partying with them.   Went to their room.  What did she expect ? What did she think she was going there for ???   Tea and cake ???
Drives me nuts when these females do this stuff, then call foul on the blokes.   
But DeBelin should have been better ,,,,,,,,,,,,he had a partner and should not have been screwing around on her.
Hope they both suffer the consequences.
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 36>