Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL Indiscretions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 36>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Only a matter of time till photos surface. The two idiots also got the girls to send nude pics to them. And vice versa?

Shades of St Kilda...

They have already been out apparently, posted briefly of social media - consenting adults sometimes do that in modern society - don't get it myself, but it's not an impeachable offence.

They shouldn't get more than a couple of matches, a fine and a mandatory "respect for women" seminar to attend - both squeaky clean records as far as I know - I know that Okunbor is at least.

I think we have had enough hysteria and hypocrisy about this, when you consider the track records of some of their "legends" ...Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 9:34am
I think it's all quite funny...they never learn to obey rules, do they...

but it looks bad, when it appears slightly predatory...

who will ask them back to promote sport in schools, after this?

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:27am
Young, pepped-up elite payers in a heavily testosterone driven sport, exposed to eager young women, who just happen to still be at school, what could possibly go wrong.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:41am
It would be fascinating to hear a lawyer prosecute a Code Violation in this case. A group of consenting adults having a bit of fun. What "violation" are they guilty of ? And is it actually spelled out in their contracts ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:42am
I mean they said Izzy violated the Code Of Conduct as well. That turned out well for those making the case
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:44am
If you sign up to no women in your room during camp, then that is that.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:49am
Fair enough - if that was actually spelt out in the contract (which i doubt). So if they did it in the car would that be ok Max ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:54am
The question that really needs to be addressed in all this is why Joe Public/ Sponsors are offended by young consenting adults enjoying themselves ? Touch prudish i would think
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:55am
It would be less comfortable in the car, 1-1, the effect on their contracts depends on the wording.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 11:15am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

The question that really needs to be addressed in all this is why Joe Public/ Sponsors are offended by young consenting adults enjoying themselves ? Touch prudish i would think

Exactly 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

I think it's all quite funny...they never learn to obey rules, do they...

but it looks bad, when it appears slightly predatory...

who will ask them back to promote sport in schools, after this?

ALL of the the year 11 and 12 girls ...? Hug
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Fair enough - if that was actually spelt out in the contract (which i doubt). So if they did it in the car would that be ok Max ?

If the clause is enforced and is illegal under the Fair Work rules, and the players challenged it, I'm sure they would win in court.

If they are just facing a suspension a fine and a "respect of women" video, then they wouldn't bother.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 9:01pm
I hope you don't have daughters doc, given the standard you clearly accept.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 9:40pm
Terrible to see so many young men being taken advantage of by these vulture style Ladies.
Tom Jones used to get stormed on stage by panties , straight from the work center.      . Ghastly when you come to think of it .

No man should be expected to stoke so many fires.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:25pm
   So many places that will be broke in a week.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 8:48am
"I like being able to work with kids one-on-one and build personal relationships and friendships.Tongue I don't just want to be an authoritarian, telling kids what to do all the time. I want to have fun with them."Wink

Jayden Okunbor

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 9:56pm
Sounds like Michael Jackson.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 10:15pm
so every bloke who ever wanted to have sex with a teenage high schooler is a child molestor?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 10:42pm
I don't think that's the inference...       More that these men were detailed to visit a school as ambassadors of Rugby league.
They used that meeting to form a friendship with students.
Probably a bit like a Doctor / Nurses forming an intimate relationship with a patient/ former patient.      
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 9:14am
or a famous film producer / budding actress hey Macca  Wink
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:31pm

Will be difficult for Doggies players. No rooting school girls till October. 

Coronavirus forces NRL to introduce self-isolation program for players and clubs

The NRL has announced it is introducing a self-isolation program for its players, as it looks to continue the premiership amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The self-isolation program will begin immediately, with players only permitted to have "essential interaction" with the community.

The decision was made following consultation between the Australian Rugby League Commission, the clubs and the Rugby League Players Association.

The NRL said all eight matches in round two — beginning this evening — will go ahead as planned, with the fixtures to be played at empty venues.

More to come.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-19/coronavirus-nrl-introduces-self-isolation-program/12071554

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:46pm
No rooting school girls till October! 

Memo to NRL play-makers: don't drop your soap in the showers, lest you risk a forward up your back.Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 6:23pm
Chancer, you seemed to have descended into unbecoming vulgarity, do try to be just that little bit more subtle !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 6:45pm
Sorry Max. Bog standard as distinct from unbecoming vulgarity has usually been my stock in trade.  Embarrassed

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:32pm
In this perfect world, they have to be very careful where they put the MEN ONLY signs.
I GOT INTO TERRIBLE TROUBLE FOR PULLING THEM DOWN AT THE CASTLE HILL RSL YEARS AGO.

Was over the entry to the Snooker Room.

How many evil minds thought I was talking about Knickers.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:26pm

Needless to say the percentile increase will be far greater within the NRL community.  Tick, tick, tick...  
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:10pm
Did you mean indigenous NRL community?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

I hope you don't have daughters doc, given the standard you clearly accept.

I would love it if my daughter was in a relationship with Jayden Okunbor - a wonderful young man, a credit to his family and our community! 

... won't happen, they have known each other to long, and she's a bit too old for him anyway. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 5:32pm
Both players de-registered by NRL

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 5:33pm
Free to trawl schoolyards now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 36>