Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL Indiscretions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Plastic letters View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NRL Indiscretions
    Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 11:16am
Close to the most observant and knowledgeable posters here Big smile
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 9:42am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Anyhow just blame the coppers. Everyone else does

Spot on yet again 1x1. You must have a crystal ball. LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2023 at 5:04am
Originally posted by Plastic letters Plastic letters wrote:

I’d hold fire folks before a pile on into either of them

The incident between Latrell and Jack was nothing - they were just mates who had a bit to drink mucking around," the player, who declined to be named, told Wide World of Sports.

"But then cops came from everywhere - about four of them jumped on Latrell and forced him to the ground and twisted his arms behind his back.

"He wasn't resisting and was screaming at them to stop hurting him.

"It was very distressing to watch and my girlfriend was actually in tears - it was a massive over-reaction."

Well, reading back here there’s a few red faces. Most of the usual TBV haters of course LOL
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2023 at 11:11pm
At least the Melbourne players photographed with the "white powder" were in a private setting and ratted out by a mate, this plonker has no excuse.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2023 at 9:02pm
Seriously !  They are footballers for FS.   Too many head knocks.  Wink
What was jamie Kha,s excuse ? 
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2023 at 8:23pm
 even if it isn't drugs, why post it?

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2023 at 8:08pm
Uploaded to his own insta account LOL 

Has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen in a while
Time is a flat circle
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2023 at 7:47pm
Haven’t seen the pic, with AI its been creating havoc with celebs as its easy to fabricate a pic 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2023 at 7:27pm
Can't help remember the simple, uncomplicated days when they just got p1ssed and punched out strangers and friends alike at the Bourbon and Beefsteak.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2023 at 7:01pm
 Do you think they'll ever learn not to post photos of suspicious activity?

Ermm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2023 at 7:00pm

NRL investigate Cowboys star Valentine Holmes over white powder photo

The NRL are investigating a photo showing Cowboys star Valentine Holmes with what appears to be a bag of white powder from his Instagram account.

The Daily Telegraph reported The NRL have been made aware of the photo involving one of the game’s highest profile players (Holmes), and the integrity unit is looking into the photo.

Holmes has uploaded a picture with a bag of what appears to be white power on his own social media account.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 2:39pm

Payne Haas’ three-year extension with the Broncos worth $3.5 million will keep him at Red Hill until the end of 2027, but will Brisbane be able to retain their other stars?

Despite talk of Haas waiting for the November 1 deadline before signing to hear offers from rival NRL clubs, as well as interest from rugby union, the Broncos prop elected to stay put in Brisbane.

“It will be interesting, there is a little subplot here in relation to the timing and extension. It’s only three years. To me it’s only a two-year extension with 12 months still to run on next year.

“I’m thinking also on what we’ve been speaking about in the last couple of days and it’s rugby union. Is there not a 2027 (Rugby) World Cup?

“Why has he extended for only a short amount of period? Does he take himself to another shop window with another Rugby World Cup coming?”

Braith Anasta believes it’s the “smart thing to do” especially if Haas is looking towards a potential code switch at some point.

“Some players have ambitions to play union and play in a World Cup... Why not keep that door open?” Anasta said.

“If you are his agent or Haas himself, and he does have a desire at some point that’s good timing right because he comes off market.”

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 1:22pm
A kid with him died so maybe more to come.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Did his brother live?

just got arrested for drug trafficking
Time is a flat circle
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 12:32pm
Probably why he has signed with the Broncos rather than go to open market.

It can not be easy being him or Nicho Hynes.
reductio ad absurdum
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 11:09am
Did his brother live?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 11:04am
Poor Payne Haas. His family's a f*ckin mess
Time is a flat circle
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

I turned around gave her a bold look , slapped her face ,and said "How dare you "
Yes I had the same issue. I turned around gave her a bold look and said "I'll give you half an hour to stop that". 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2023 at 6:10pm
Well done !Clap
animals before people.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 11:27pm
I turned around gave her a bold look , slapped her face ,and said "How dare you "
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

I wonder how many times , the players get groped , maybe  they should start bringing women  into question also , it happened  to me when I was playing . 

You got lucky then ??  LOL
What did you do ??

animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 9:40pm
How long was De Belin out for ?  now captain ? Confused
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 8:18pm
LOL
reductio ad absurdum
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 7:16pm
i don't think the players complain about getting groped!

goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 5:30pm
I wonder how many times , the players get groped , maybe  they should start bringing women  into question also , it happened  to me when I was playing . 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Parramatta Parramatta wrote:

“Our Club has a strong commitment to respectful behaviour towards women, and the behaviour that was outlined in court today is unacceptable and against the expectations we have at our Club.

Why don't they get on the front foot and demonstrate to the community how strongly THEY feel about it, Why wait for the NRL ?

They could stand him down themselves.

He should not play again this year.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 5:17pm
Right result. Can’t condone what he did, obviously but in the big scheme of things it sounds about right
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 5:10pm

Club Statement

Dylan Brown today faced court regarding an incident that took place on 3 June 2023.  During today’s appearance, Dylan entered guilty pleas to two charges upon the prosecution withdrawing the remaining three charges.  Following the guilty pleas, the court issued a Community Corrections Order for 18 months.

Parramatta Eels CEO Jim Sarantinos made the following comments:

“Our Club has a strong commitment to respectful behaviour towards women, and the behaviour that was outlined in court today is unacceptable and against the expectations we have at our Club. Dylan has taken full responsibility for his actions and has acknowledged the impact this has had on the person involved, for which he is genuinely remorseful. The Club will continue to support Dylan and work with him as he learns from this experience. We will now work with the NRL Integrity Unit on the next steps in finalising the matter. “

Dylan Brown made the following comments:

“Firstly, I want to unreservedly apologise to the person involved and the impact it has had on them. I am not proud of the behaviour I displayed, and I take full responsibility for my actions. Additionally, I want to apologise to everyone connected to the Club for the negative impact that this incident has caused, and I am committed to learning from this experience.”

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 4:49pm
That is yet do be decicded but I would doubt he plays again. this year
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

DYLAN BROWN: Will plead guilty to two counts of sexually touching a person without consent, with three other charges (for the same offence) to be withdrawn by police.
So how does this affect his playing status in the NRL ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>