Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFL 2019/20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 28>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 6:56pm
Hey TIGER, wasn't it just great to see Brisbane hang on to beat Adelaide by a point today.Clap  Big smile
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:53am
Brisbane are a good young team, Crows looked like they were already thinking about West Coast next week in Adelaide
EAD
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:52am
Heart attack material that game boys. 3-4 times I thought we'd started to do enough and they came back every time. Was a cracker though
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:20pm
Bet of the year today

Port v Suns, score Under 140.5

It is absolutely pouring in Adelaide and will all day.

Suns have also proven super hard to score against this year.
They flood the backline.

Bombers and Freo didnt even get to 140 last night in an indoor stadium.

This is bet of the year today at $1.65,  under 140.5
for it to reach 141, it would have to be 40, 40, 30,31. highly highly unlikely quarter consistency.

Load up.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:22pm
Will do the opposite now
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 3:12pm
Please do Tiger. bigger odds for me. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 3:49pm
Bet of the year at $1.65? No thanks. Now if you came to me and said I have the bet of the year, Redkirk Warrior first up in the Newmarket at 60s then i'd be all over it
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 5:46pm
Lucky port played practice kicks for the last 4 minutes Brooke
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 5:49pm
Never ever in doubt.

WTF?? 

I really was on this bet, and went big.

its never easy is it. seriously, it was a dry score at quarter time.
Im dizzy. time to take up drinking.  Wacko
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Never ever in doubt.

WTF?? 

I really was on this bet, and went big.

its never easy is it. seriously, it was a dry score at quarter time.
Im dizzy. time to take up drinking.  Wacko

Score was on 140 with about 4 minutes left, port just kicked it around for practice, I'd want $1.50 pops winning easier than that game

Getting up by half a point is heart attack stuff
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:35pm
140 on the dot. Nice work redemption 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 9:37pm
Crucial game for the Crows after last week's loss to Brisbane.  So what a truly pathetic home ground effort they put in today.  Dead
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 6:37pm
If you want to watch an absolutely appalling game of football, just tune in to the Saints/Blues encounter.  Dead 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 7:37pm
Some people who attended the Essendon-AFL Anzac Day function were struck down by illness at the same time.
The rabbit terrine, blamed for causing 30 corporate diners at the MCG on Anzac Day to become ill and sending some to hospital, might have been wrongly accused.

Anyone  who pays $750 per head for a three course meal, a couple of drinks and fifteen minutes of Gill McLachlan bullshyte deserves everything they get.  

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 7:43pm

It wasn't the rabbit: Anzac Day 'food poisoning' mystery deepens

The rabbit terrine, blamed for causing 30 corporate diners at the MCG on Anzac Day to become ill and sending some to hospital, might have been wrongly accused.

Anyone  who pays $750 per head for a three course w@nker meal, a couple of fizzy drinks and fifteen minutes of Gill McLachlan bullshyte surely deserves everything they get.  Big smile

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 4:35pm
I think tonights game will be a shootout.
I dont normally like to bet Points Total Over, but have today.

I think total 190.5,  odds $3.50, is value, and a genuine chance.
Ive also had a nibble at over 200.5, odds $5.50.

Richmond is playing  very very aggressively.
And Kangas v Dogs, the score was near 100, only halfway through the 2nd quarter.

So lack of Kangas defence, but Tigers swarming, yada yada yada, big scores tonight.

For a safer option, Over 165.5 points,  odds $1.65.  Even that is value.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 2:30pm
Essendon V carlton, MCG at 3pm

Ladbrokes or Neds

Game total, UNDER 172.5, odds $1.26

Thanks for that. Going to absolutely pour down.
rather than taking the line, at around 153, for $1.90, which is safe anyway, going even safer today.

To be honest, I think they will struggle to get to 140.
Under 142.5 is paying $2.50

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

If you want to watch an absolutely appalling game of football, just tune in to the Saints/Blues encounter.  Dead 

And Blues/Bombers today isn't much better.  Embarrassed
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 7:36pm
Carlton......why would anyone barrack for them?

Something I ask myself on a regular basis
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Carlton......why would anyone barrack for them?

Something I ask myself on a regular basis

Whats wrong with scoring 4 goals?
Thats one goal per quarter.
Thats worth the train ride in, the babysitter, the membership ticket, and $30 for a pie and drink.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 3:12pm
Brendan Bolton has been told he is no longer coach of Carlton. Carlton have now sacked five coaches in a row: Wayne Brittain, Dennis Pagan, Brett Ratten, Mick Malthouse and Brendan Bolton.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 3:44pm
Just about every club in the AFL sacks coaches.
It’s part of the business
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 7:48pm
All goes back to John Elliotand his salary cheating, fines, loss of draft picks etc etc which cruelled the Blues for years.  

Then Ian Collins who was conflicted as both President and CEO of Optus/Edihad stadium.  Followed by Graeme Smorgon who knew steel but little about AFL and who apparently only accepted the appointment in an attempt to emulate his brother who arguably saved the Footscray Bulldogs for oblivion, followed by club legend Steve Kernahan who did nothing more than attempt to maintain membership and paper over the cracks across two tenures, split in between by Richard Pratt who knew cardboard real well but couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag.

They've gone through 10 coaches in 28 years, so it's amazing the committed if ultimately doomed Bolton lasted three and a half.

Seventeen years after Elliot brought Carlton to its knees this once great club is sadly in no better shape today.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 10:01am
Carltons crowning jewel is Princes Park. Their home ground.
As long as they have that, they have hope.
Its a boutique stadium, with potential to be high tech, and it sits on land nearby that cant be sold, Royal land. Thats a good thing, not a bad thing.

Western Bulldogs are pushing for Whitten Oval to be revived.
Carlton can beat them to it.
In my opinion, they should make a deal with nearby team, North Melbourne, and host both sides at Princes Park.
People want local footy vibe again.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 10:29am
Not a bad idea.
Loved going to PP to watch them as a kid
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 10:58am
People want local footy vibe again.

I agree with Redemption Shocked
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:05am
Congrats to Mick Malthouse on getting into the AFL Hall of Fame. His career and contribution to AFL football is remarkable:

**Player**

St Kilda: 53

Richmond: 121 (1980 Premiership player)

**Coach**

Western Bulldogs: 135

West Coast: 243 (1992 & 1994 Premierships)

Collingwood: 286 (2010 Premiership)

Carlton: 54

All-Australian Coach - 1991 & 2010

Coached a total of 718 games (record) for 406 wins, 305 losses and 7 draws. All up as a player and coach - 892 games. What a great career.

He was a Saint, a Tiger, a Bulldog, an Eagle, a Magpie and a Blue.

Well done Mick.

#legend #mastercoach
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 3:36pm
Mick has done very well as a player and coach to stay in the game for so long. I do tend to think that Mick underachieved as a coach. With the sides and list he had at West Coast he should have won 4 or 5 flags but he only managed to get 2. Then with his time and list at Collingwood maybe he should have gotten 2 flags or possibly 3 not just 1? I think Mick is an average coach who had great lists at West Coast and Collingwood that made him look better than he really was
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 7:16pm
Can someone do the stats and let me know the winning strike rate of teams in the AFL and NRL the week after the coach is sacked ... how far in front would you be!!!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:28am

Flog
Someone who is disliked by a person or the public because they lack any credibility or/and tries to be remain relevant within certain circles but comes across as a moron.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 28>