Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFL 2019/20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 28>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Forum

GWS v St.Kilda, total points, under 156.5, odds $1.24

LOL

Thank you

They will struggle to even get to 100 today.
$4000 x $1.24.  basically a grand profit in 2 hours.

totally made-up. No way she'd put $4000 on it. Probably doesn't even have that sort of spare cash.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

And while Bob's here, something seriously wrong when his team leads by 6 1/2 goals at half-time only to get done by the Hawks.  In today's game, largely dominated as it is by defence, that simply shouldn't happen.

Coach said his team just got "too cute".  w-t-f does that mean?

So was it a case of the too cutes, poor coaching, poor application, or a case of too cutes, poor coaching and poor application?  Ermm
SC, I may agree if what you say is correctErmm Ermm, as I did not see the game as I was attending my mother-in- law’s 100 birthday party.I will have to get around to watching the replay before I make judgment.
SC, watched the replay, poor coaching. No one tagged Mitchell when he run around getting 17 possessions in 3rd quarter and when Essendon lead by 4 points with minutes to spare should have added Hooker to backline to stop Hawthorn’s ability to mark in those remaining minutes. Why coach sat on boundary in those last few minutes beggars belief, did not even have head phones on to communicate with other coaching staff.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 6:35pm
Red, I hope you do not lay such short odds on ( $1.43 ) that John Farnham will get a state funeral.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Red, I hope you do not lay such short odds on ( $1.43 ) that John Farnham will get a state funeral.
$1.24 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 6:38pm
Cheers Bob, I agree with you.  Thumbs Up

The fact the new (on his own) coach sought in his very first game to blame his players doesn't bode well.

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Forum

GWS v St.Kilda, total points, under 156.5, odds $1.24

LOL

Thank you

They will struggle to even get to 100 today.
$4000 x $1.24.  basically a grand profit in 2 hours.

Can you post more of these? It’s always hilarious to watch you flounder. I’ll have to dig up your effort from 2018 when I totally embarrassed you. Just for those who didn’t have the pleasure of seeing it. Remember that? You ran away to hide just like you’re doing here. It was delicious! LOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 1:16pm
 Here we go again...only this time all the teams will get locked into the southern and western states. 

Borders will close and Qld players will have to go into a permanent hub.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 3:01pm
The hub in Queensland last year was to both the Queensland sides advantage, this year they will lose that advantage. What goes around comes around. 
NRL might be in a similar situation.
Last year both AFL and NRL premiership teams were from Melbourne, they might do a repeat this year if they do not have to join a hub outside of Melbourne 
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2021 at 11:23pm
I wonder who was the last team in VFL/AFL footy to lose by 1 point the previous week & then win by 1 point the following week? As we know Brisbane Lions are the most recent team.... lost to Geelong by 1 point in Round 2 & then beat Collingwood by 1 point in Round 3 tonight.

#BrisbaneLions #Collingwood #Round3 #MarvelStadium #ThursdayNightFooty
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 6:33pm
Am a Woods supporter but in all truth couldn't deny the post-siren win by Brisbane over my mob.

Firstly because Brisbane was totally robbed last week, and secondly because it was a clear defensive error that led to the winning goal yesterday.

What's probably more disturbing in the overall scheme of things is that the Kangaroos appear dead in the water and may well not exist next season.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 8:09pm
Dogs biggest winning margin ever. 128 points. Bruce kicks 10
Time is a flat circle
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:33pm
Legit reckon I could get a kick for North Melbourne at the minute #AFLNorthDogs
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:40pm
He’s probably not far wrong. That was brutal!
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 6:56pm
Too good Sydney - well done. Richmond were off today, it happens, can't win all the time and this time of year isn't the time to be peaking plus Richmond have not won a round 3 game since 2018.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 12:48am
 Collingwood's soft underbelly was on show tonight. 

Have to be the slowest team in the comp, the least efficient in marking and...I have to say it...badly coached.

Cry 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 8:27pm
Well even as life long siupporter it was clear from the outset they'd only be making up the numbers.

Though your insights from 1000 kms away are, well, just your guesses, even if there's some validity.

Talent, or relative lack of same, unsurprisingly plays its part also.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:09pm
How many minutes do AFLW games go for? I notice the score in the grand final, 38-20 on a dry track.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 1:47pm
Does anyone really care ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 8:59pm
Typical misogynistic machismo response Bob.  You can do a lot better.

As for your team and mine, imo it's almost certain the Woods will eclipse the Dons at the end of the season.  Though the likelihood of both finishing somewhere between 11th and 15th suggests both will have done little more than make up the numbers.  Unhappy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 10:26pm
Rather than watching AFLW, time is better spent watching any suburban / local AFL game in any suburb in Melbourne where at least 10 goals are scored in any game.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 7:45pm

Typical misogynistic machismo response Bob.  You can do a lot better.

As for your team and mine, imo it's almost certain the Woods will eclipse the Dons at the end of the season.  Though the likelihood of both finishing somewhere between 11th and 15th suggests both will have done little more than make up the numbers.  Unhappy
SC, no doubt tonight, you will be glued to AFL 360 to watch the AFLW best and fairest awards.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 7:57pm
Well here's a hint Bob: haven't watched the Brownlow night for perhaps 15 years or more.  Smile

ps sorry, am totally remiss.  Sometimes watch the early Red Carpet entrances to see just how awful so many the younger WAG'S dress for the event.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:27am
SC. Plenty of photos in the press today of the attendees last night, what stood out, unlike the Brownlow Red Carpet, was that although most of the players were similarly dressed in low cut gowns, cut to the knee, only one player was accompanied by a male, most were women couples.Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 6:36pm
So you reckon some AFLW players might be lesbians Bob.  And someone even suggested to me that a heap of female tennis players, basketballers and caucasian golfers might be similarly inclined.  

Well I'll be damned, who would've thought?  Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 8:53pm
Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 12:03pm

So you reckon some AFLW players might be lesbians Bob.  And someone even suggested to me that a heap of female tennis players, basketballers and caucasian golfers might be similarly inclined.  

Well I'll be damned, who would've thought?  Shocked

SC, this letter to the Editor was in today's press.....

INTERESTING the red carpet for the AFLW awards didn’t feel the need to include partners, whereas the AFL awards include partners as playing a prominent role. Makes you wonder how far we’ve come in extinguishing the stereotyping role of women.

Judy Robinson, Maryborough

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 7:32pm
 naive? 

or did covid spacing in the venue play a part?

Question
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 7:35pm
Oh shyte.

Ok my mob Collingwood isn't much good, but to make matters worse it appears Baghdad Bob's Essendon might well blow the Woods away today.  Ouch  And the Dons are no effing good.  Angry 

But what's worst of all Bob will have bragging rights for the considerable and foreseeable future if his motley crew get up.  Could anyone lend me a cut-throat razor, just in case....Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 9:14pm
Am at the very end of the St Kilda pier atm, just in case anyone close at hand could give me a decent nudge.  Dead
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 10:12pm
By the way St Kilda are going today you might be joined by a few locals shortly

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 28>