Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Conformation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Markerless Biomechanics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Markerless Biomechanics
    Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 7:04am
I managed to traina neural network to properly place markers on a horse at the walk. I trained the network on 50 different horses using different light, horse color, ages, etc and the average error rate was just 9 pixels so it was very accurate in learning where to place the markers.

Here is a video I took of the Breeders Cup winner Accelerate on the left with the markers placed by the algorithm on the right.

And here is one that I downloaded from Twitter of Zoustar and had the algorithm mark up.

Abel Tasman...Keen Ice...Divisidero....Verrazano...Catchy...Carrick...Ivictory...
brogers View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 9:58pm
Here is the paper that has come out of the work....

Pretraining boosts out-of-domain robustness for pose estimation - https://arxiv.org/abs/1909.11229

Abel Tasman...Keen Ice...Divisidero....Verrazano...Catchy...Carrick...Ivictory...
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 2:00pm
Challenging times for the industry, and yet a great opportunity for the practical applications of this research.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by brogers brogers wrote:

Here is the paper that has come out of the work....

Pretraining boosts out-of-domain robustness for pose estimation - https://arxiv.org/abs/1909.11229

Hi Brogers, can you explain this in simple terms please.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 2:01pm
GAJ, just in case old mate doesn’t come back, let me help.

The aim of the game here is to create a program that can identify good racehorses using digital inputs - i.e. what’s available via online catalogues. In this case, the video that shows the horse at a walk.

The study is suggesting that pre-training the artificial intelligence will yield better results than simply turning it on & allowing it to train itself from scratch.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 5:08pm
Amazing, Thank you, Then would come the gene test I'm guessing.
 Post Reply Post Reply