Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Medical & Health Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 3:21pm
I watched an interview with Mel Gibson who had just taken his 92 year old father to a Doctor at the Mayo Clinic . He said that his fathers body was failing him - Prostate , Arthritis , Kidneys , Eyes ,Hearing etc... 
The Doctor asked after a full work up of his problems what current medications he was on . 
None was his reply . 
The Doctor asked how this was possible with all his problems . 

I never go to the Doctor was his reply
There are three types of lies - Lies ,Damn Lies and Statistics
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 4:34pm
AND That's why He is 92 Years old.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 5:03pm
Then again plenty of people well over 92 years of age, regularly go to a doctor...it is more to do with one's genes than anything else. 
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 5:06pm
Agree with staying away from doctor's, hospitals and nurses. When people the calibre of macca are there, it's best to stay away.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 5:06pm
Macca is a bit of an outlier, a long-time smoker still kicking on well into his 80's, I've lost count of the long-time smokers I have seen go by about 70 at the max.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 5:16pm
All about the events the individual....      I see Kavg just doing the usual but she would be a good example of an early widow ,          . any Man would suicide after marrying that ....

But,es Max I did test the limits and no way am I entitled to be 87.

I smoked for most of 75 years .. Sleep deprivation was a big thing for too long , with an active "all hours " work life and a Social life that saw me spill more alcohol , than most drink .
A womaniser , yes , that's why I've learnt to trust other Reptiles to be virtually harmless by comparison..

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

Agree with staying away from doctor's, hospitals and nurses. When people the calibre of macca are there, it's best to stay away.
Very sexy some of those nurses, macca not so much. Tongue
neophyte View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neophyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 9:47pm
Here's one way to plan to do a Hutton Gibson RIP.
Try giving it to your horse, you horse lovers.
Set track and distance records.
Now this is Sictoria and as someone wrote to the Heraldsun letters
"you'd have to be certifiable to even think about starting a business in the State of Disaster"
and yet as goes Vic so soon enough will go the rest of the country
mean look at 1933 Germany when people were saying
we're a civilised democratic christian society the best in Europe
this too will pass it's only temporary

but the neophyte digresses

if some horse feed supplier wants to make a fortune
start making this muck en masse
Company name? Comeandgetcha Natto ("because I luv it!")
Horse name? Natto the Natch

RU getting nuf natto?

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

Very sexy some of those nurses, macca not so much. Tongue

I didn't have to worry about Kavg coming into any Hospital I worked in.

I didn't work for the Veterinarians .
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 11:52pm
Went to my cardiologist the other day and had to push and push to get my meds changed. He just wanted to go the “company line” and feed me stuff I wasn’t suited to.
Thankfully I found stuff on DR Google, educated him and now heading in the right direction.......well, at least a better direction 
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 11:53pm
Not such a worry about Macca and his vets LOL  Bit confused about Neophyte tho ????
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 1:06am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Not such a worry about Macca and his vets LOL  Bit confused about Neophyte tho ????

AA... Note the new nics springing up and displaying vast experience about the Joffs Threads .
When people have to hide their previous History it's time to by pass their chosen subjects --- You know it's Shxt around the next bend....
neophyte View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neophyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 3:37pm

Pardon the mangled post ... humble abject apologies. What a contrite neophyte meant to say was the two minute video below shows how to prepare this food the Japanese discovered and value for its very high menaquinone content. Heard about it from a grain grower at Yarriambiack who credited it with saving his life after persuading his cardiologist to check the research. May some trainer try this supplement and observe his horse’s improvement and may some feed outfit start making it for it is less expensive and possibly more effective than drugs. But no obligation. “How to eat natto”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdpDxGF_RfE

neophyte View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neophyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 9:46pm

After making a shipwreck of my life,

I'm cast upon the shores of old age.”

I have a great future behind me.”

Like Egypt and Greece I peaked too early.”

Quoting the great canadian psychologist Henry Makow.

I’m solar-powered: I don't want to get up on an overcast day.”

It was an up-day in the bear market of his mind.”

Life begins with exalted expectations,

followed by a long slow decline,

until finally we meet death with perfect equanimity.”

It’s not plagiarism if you acknowledge the Source.”

brokecell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokecell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 12:13pm
glad we don't have it here in Queensland

Startup Life

Science: Thousands of People Will Die This Weekend Because of Daylight Saving Time

Research shows the cost -- both human and economic -- of daylight saving time is incredibly high.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:16pm
Sad to see the passing of Grant Kenny and Lisa Curry's disturbed Daughter this week .     SO SAD . At 33 years of age .

WE see these things rise is shaky Marriage situations and ask . What came first , the chicken or the egg.

Apparently her Mental Illness centered around the eating disorder style and God only knows what else .      There is usually a primary illness somewhere in the mix.
brokecell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokecell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:27pm
I wander why people have no confidence in doctors 

10 Symptoms of Celiac Disease

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:43pm
Good subject with the disease being the relatively new kid on the block and being the most diagnosed serious illnesses of recent years .
   It is noted the Endocrine System is getting much more attention these days , not easy to Diagnose some of the issues .     very important and From experience I've noted , it isn't unusual to see the pattern ,   If you have one 9 Maybe you have the lot Or most of.
Also emerging is the link with such illnesses as Multiple Sclerosis .
   Main Glands to concentrate on =   hypothalamus. pituitary. thyroid. parathyroids. adrenals.pineal body.
    the ovaries.the testes.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by brokecell brokecell wrote:

I wander why people have no confidence in doctors 

10 Symptoms of Celiac Disease

My wife went undiagnosed with celiac disease for most of her adult life, since she was diagnosed my youngest son has been diagnosed when he he was in his late twenties, his partner, who is nutritionist , also suffers the same disease. All three are well aware of their dietary requirements and are neither overweight or underweight.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:05pm
Many issues to be considered with celiac.      One was that an endoscopy was the only sure way of diagnosis .
The Villi which line the intestines lay flat and make it hard for the Lacteals to pick up nutrients and absorb to be taken in and made part of the body ( assimilation ).
Many other factors present themselves as celiac problems Appear to be in conjunction with glandular problems , Like Thyroid . even MS links .
Some signs/symptoms that can make you aware is excesive rumblings of gas --- Pains from chest to rear... Floaty , smelly stools ,
NOT TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY ----   GO to Gluten free .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:12pm
Doctors are not God, example, I was talking today to a bloke who has been taking an anti-depressant, but is experiencing troubling nightmares. He has done some research, and found the drug concerned is notorious for causing that. Well then, says his doctor, we will switch you to drug x. The patient then told him. that was just another brand name, for the same substance. "So it is", says doc, after checking. He then advised him to halve the dose of what he is on, and see what happens, come back in two weeks.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 10:02am
Love that Medical tactic ...     We will observe things and see how you go =
       SUFFER for another month ----   I might have more time next trip ...
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Then again plenty of people well over 92 years of age, regularly go to a doctor...it is more to do with one's genes than anything else. 

More to do with making yourself familiar with your conditions and making sure they are being monitored on a regular basis.

We are inclined to be quite stupid in the Medical Care area .   Thinking our GP has a personal interest in our particular case ..      BS = Your another grease and oil change ( as a mechanic would say ).

How about The masses being revved up by the Virus hysteria , to load up on every Vitamin known to man and then some ....   Ho Ho Ho .. So simple .
get some bloodworks done and see if you need some vit top up , before you waste a huge fortune & risk your health.

Some Vitamins can be very unhealthy if too much is taken ...   One being The latest fad   .. VIT D ---    get a count done , before you do yourself a damage , as it is one of the NOT water soluble variety ..
A E Folate ( folic acid ) many of the vit B variety.add to the list . etc etc

Be AWARE --- taking over doses of many vitamins is not in your best interests and can mask other blood work results .
most GP's wouldn't tell you these things .. time is of the essence.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 10:31am
Spot on Macca, people are obsessed with all these vitamins, get out in the sun more for Vitamin D and eat your veggies
EAD
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 10:42am
I'm starting to charge shortly Tiger .

Already I've got ( you know who ) armed with a Stethascoope .

Can you imagine the sign outside his Practice .

Clients please sit the entrance exam,   and show Degree copy.
     We don't treat the poor or uneducated.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 10:59am
I'm sure what ever you say, you will have the usual lot saying the opposite 

Appearance fee would come in handy
EAD
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 11:06am
Lol --   To disagree is what keeps the clock ticking .    In most cases the

Fireworks isn't meant to be any serious matter..    We all learn something I'm sure .    I think the research we undertake to support our involvement is priceless.

Cheap entertainment and I save on the hairdresser...    Rusty has me pull my hair out.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 8:36am
I have an irresistable urge to bite my nails, could this be a sign of something lacking in diet ?

It wouldn't bother me much but it is a pain having  to take off my shoes and socks all the time Ouch
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 10:27am
More like Emotional destruction.        . Multiple personality disorder .   

Keep changing nics and come back again in the morning if you aren't feeling better.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 10:49am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

More like Emotional destruction.        . Multiple personality disorder .   

Keep changing nics and come back again in the morning if you aren't feeling better.

30+ Push Your Buttons ideas | push, buttons, empowering parents
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>