Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2019 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 11:46pm
... and for the record, I think macca's got plenty of kick left, and there may well be no flies on Whale, but you can see where they've been.Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Fair call VSP ... apologies to any family or friends etc who may read this and take offence - not intended as a personal attack.

To be fair though, this thread is based on a "pretty average" concept ... Dead

Should be right up your alley then!

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 8:37am
Sorry if you took offense, not sorry I was offensive.Disapprove
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 9:57am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Any lower Doc & you will be wishing Macca dead & offering to smother him for free. No flies on Whale Ouch

oneone has popped in, just to have a go at me Shocked

Welcome back 34 post Folau man, may be your 1 day record  Clap
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

John Cain
Ex Victorian Premier

88 yrs

What party was he? Need to know whether Bob will be praising or bagging him.

From my memory when Cain was premier of Victoria the state was broke.The State bank was sold off and the Pyramid Building Society and Victoria’s beleaguered industrial sector collapsed, which meant the Cain government was willing to try just about anything to get cash, so what did the government do ?They legalised the dreaded pokies to balance their budget.I guess that is part of his legacy that John Cain would rather forget.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I'm terribly sorry that you are a bedwetting snowflake ... better!Big smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:11pm

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I'm terribly sorry that you are a bedwetting snowflake ... better!Big smile

1 all, now don't forget what Vic Patrick said, " protect yourself at all times, box on.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:15pm
Come over to the victorian gangs thread and Ref, Carioca !  Cool
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Come over to the victorian gangs thread and Ref, Carioca !  Cool

Too violent for me AA, anything past The wizard of Oz and I switch channels.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 1:55am
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 8:41am
who ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 8:48am
Utterly dismayed to hear about Neil Innes. Right out of the blue... A very sweet man, much too nice for his own good Lovely writer and performer. When he worked with Python on our stage show, I listened every night to "How sweet to be an Idiot" on the tannoy Very sad.....
2:09 AM · Dec 31, 2019
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 8:51am
Also in a band The Ruttles This song should be very familiar to people of a certain age.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 10:51am
What age would that be , PT ?  I cant say I have ever heard that song.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 11:53am
1976-78 AA. It was one of those catchy pop songs you couldn't get out of your head.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 4:16pm

John Cain
Ex Victorian Premier

88 yrs

A man of vision, reformer, compassionate, integrity, fair, decent Labor .
Well with that description he couldn't be Liberal Ouch

Good Riddance you mean?

seriously, Doc...you need to take a good hard look at yourself...what a disgusting comment...AngryAngryAngry
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

John Cain
Ex Victorian Premier

88 yrs

A man of vision, reformer, compassionate, integrity, fair, decent Labor .
Well with that description he couldn't be Liberal Ouch

Good Riddance you mean?

seriously, Doc...you need to take a good hard look at yourself...what a disgusting comment...AngryAngryAngry

Try to keep up jj - old news, dealt with, but thanks for the fake outrage!Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

Clive James 80 years 30 points
Doris Day 97 years    13 points
Robert Mugabe 95 years 15 points
Carol Channing 97 years 13 points

Total 71 points

Have verified this score as correct and contacted Saintly via PM re: the prize. Am however giving till Friday 10th for anyone else to report their scores.

Once we are finalised I’ll place the bonus bet for Saintly and report it here.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 10:13pm
I can report that between Dr E, Whale & myself we got a grand total of 0. Is there an Encouragement Award ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 10:20pm

Ok my entry:

Prince Phillip (a special - surely goes soon)
Ben Cousins
Molly Meldrum
Rolf Harris
Ivan Milat
Jimmy Carter
Clint Eastwood
Allegra Beck (Versace heiress)
Jack Nicklaus
Charles Sobhraj

Ivan Milat my only scorer. Dead at 74 for 36pts.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:44am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I can report that between Dr E, Whale & myself we got a grand total of 0. Is there an Encouragement Award ?

Bob Hawke got me my only points...I can't believe the doc didn't send him off with a poignant message, as he did with John Cain...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 9:54pm
What would be the point with all of the humourless virtue signalling ghouls that pollute this thread?Pig 

... besides, Bob was a great man ... if you can forgive him for pimping his daughter out and shagging himself stupid behind Hazel's back ... and in front of her face ... but lets vilify Barnaby instead ... G'nite hypocrites!Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 9:27am
Saintly is on So Si Bon in the Orr Stakes today with his prize for winning the 2019 edition of the most popular forum competition. Best of luck!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 5:37am
Is it too late for him to add So Si Bon to his list?Unhappy
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 8:45pm
Bob Brown doesn't look well to me ..   He looks warmed up.
     wish him well .    BUT
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Righto, I'm in. Playing the damaged former child star angle. Should be worth a good 60-70 points if one lands (or falls?).

Charlie Sheen
Heather Locklear
Quincy Jones
Whoopi Goldberg
Naya Rivera
Demi Lovato
Sean Astin
Tara Reid
Bob Hawke
Meat Loaf
Half points for the supplemental year?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 3:12pm
Sadly not, Hare. The judge's decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 12:17pm
Come on Ruth!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 12:20pm
oops!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920