Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Brooklyn Hustle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:50pm
I have bet her each way, on 7 different bookies.
The biggest bets I have ever made in my life. My hands are already sweating with nerves.
Probably wont sleep.

Hope Brooklyn Hustle has a nice sleep tonight, and during the race, then wakes up at the home turn and thunders to victory
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:03pm
Im so nervous. lol
cmon girl. go you good thing
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:15pm
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY GO WIDE. WHY???

Snag back, hug rail, she wins by 3.

why why go 10 wide.

correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:18pm
Think she had every chance wasn't impeded but not good enough. You're talking through your kick.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:19pm
Every possible. Just one better
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 2:59pm
Pretty sure her owner has stated she has a CT genetic reading, meaning miler to middle distance.

I have always felt she looked and raced like a miler.

She was brilliant the other day but that was a low standard race compared to what she had been up against.

Not sure who she will meet in her next 2 assignments over 1000m so she obviously a major chance but her group 1 winning will be over a mile. Those mares races at a mile are hers for the taking. Unfortunately she is unlikely to be there to take them.

reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Pretty sure her owner has stated she has a CT genetic reading, meaning miler to middle distance.  

Think Plusvital may have got some test results mixed up.  Wink
Lopartega View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lopartega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 4:40pm
This genetic test actually varies from different racing jurisdictions. In Europe a CT result is considered miler to middle distance but in Australia it's considered 1400mts to middle distance. So if Brooklyn Hussle ends up being most effective over 1400mts they would still consider this to be the norm for the CT result in Australia if she has in fact got a CT rating.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 5:37pm
Was spruiked for the Galaxy but appears many lengths short off that class after her run in the McEwan today.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 5:38pm
...Everest...Embarrassed
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 7:50pm
I'd take Bella Vella before her SC. 
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 7:55pm
The Myer Classic should be her target.
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 8:05pm
She still looks terribly immature to me.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 11:51pm
Veterinary Information: 24-09-2021 The Valley R7 - Brooklyn Hustle - EIPH and throat condition.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 1:06am
Whats EIPH please Shawy  ??? 
Saw the jock looking down when it ran wide and wondered what was wrong .
animals before people.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 3:30am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Exercise-induced Pulmonary Hemorrhage in Horses

https://www.msdvetmanual.com/respiratory-system/respiratory-diseases-of-horses/exercise-induced-pulmonary-hemorrhage-in-horses
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:53am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Saw the jock looking down when it ran wide and wondered what was wrong .
AA, the horse had a Bleed. Very concerning 
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 1:14pm
Ohhh.  Thanks both of you. Thumbs Up I understand a bleed but didnt know the tech terms for it.  Bit slow me.
Hope BH will be OK . 
animals before people.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 2:07pm
Still early in the breeding season. Off she goes?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:39pm
I thought for a bleed they got 3 months on the side  ?  Or am I wrong again ?  As I see she runs today .Confused
animals before people.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:41pm
She only had an internal bleed last time (not as bad, but not ideal)
3 month ban is for external
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:42pm
Exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage (EIPH), also known as "bleeding" or a "bleeding attack", refers to the presence of blood in the airways of the lung in association with exercise. EIPH is common in horses undertaking intense exercise, but it has also been reported in human athletes, racing camels and racing greyhounds. Horses that experience EIPH may also be referred to as "bleeders" or as having "broken a blood vessel". In the majority of cases, EIPH is not apparent unless an endoscopicexamination of the airways is performed following exercise. This is distinguished from other forms of bleeding from the nostrils, called epistaxis.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:42pm
3 months if they bleed from both nostrils.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:44pm
Epistaxis is the nasty one, three month ban both nostrils

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:55pm
Good to see Craig Williams at his most effective again Wacko
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:56pm
She’s had enough. 
Time for breeeding 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 5:03pm
Has always been a back marker.  The winner gave her a start, was head and head with her on the turn, and gave her a flogging.

I'm with MK. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:26pm
Thanks M K for setting me straight.  Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Good to see Craig Williams at his most effective again Wacko

My god he’s a punish. I can’t catch him
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Has always been a back marker.  The winner gave her a start, was head and head with her on the turn, and gave her a flogging.

I'm with MK. 
When did willo ever get clear air?

Not his most aggressive ride.
He’s always like this coming up to big races, he’s never going to push out to obtain a run
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>