Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Verry Elleegant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 46>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 8:28pm
3rd of 13 FLEM 06Oct18 1600m Good3 E MANIFOLD Group 2 $202,000 ($18,000) John Allen 55.5kg Barrier 2 Rtg 67
1st Amphitrite 55.5kg, 2nd Krone 55.5kg 1:37.48 (600m 34.43), 2.5L, 7th@800m, 7th@400m, $3.50/$3.90/$4/$4.20

2nd of 10 FLEM 16Feb19 1400m Good3 VANITY Group 3 $161,500 ($28,800) James McDonald 57.5kg Barrier 10 Rtg 81
1st Amphitrite 58.5kg, 3rd Fundamentalist 56kg 1:22.14 (600m 33.68), 1L, 7th@800m, 8th@400m, $9.50/$10/$7.50/$7

A heavy track over less than 2000m will play to her stamina rather than being her preferred distance imo
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

3rd of 13
               FLEM 06Oct18 1600m Good3 E MANIFOLD Group 2 $202,000 ($18,000) John Allen 55.5kg Barrier 2 Rtg 67
1st Amphitrite 55.5kg, 2nd Krone 55.5kg 1:37.48 (600m 34.43), 2.5L, 7th@800m, 7th@400m, $3.50/$3.90/$4/$4.20

2nd of 10
               FLEM 16Feb19 1400m Good3 VANITY Group 3 $161,500 ($28,800) James McDonald 57.5kg Barrier 10 Rtg 81
1st Amphitrite 58.5kg, 3rd Fundamentalist 56kg 1:22.14 (600m 33.68), 1L, 7th@800m, 8th@400m, $9.50/$10/$7.50/$7

A heavy track over less than 2000m will play to her stamina rather than being her preferred distance imo

Her previous form is almost irrelevant. The cheat was a terrible trainer since he became a factory.

reductio ad absurdum
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Obviously a highly talented filly.

How adventurous will her connections be ?

Yes kissers I like the filly.

Adventurous?

Do you mean this campaign? Derby/Oaks double?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 9:00pm
No, I mean her future. I am not convinced she wins Oaks, Frankeley Awesome looks to have her covered.

No, hopefully she travels the world.
reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 9:05pm

3rd of 13
               FLEM 06Oct18 1600m Good3 E MANIFOLD Group 2 $202,000 ($18,000) John Allen 55.5kg Barrier 2 Rtg 67

2nd of 10
               FLEM 16Feb19 1400m Good3 VANITY Group 3 $161,500 ($28,800) James McDonald 57.5kg Barrier 10 Rtg 81

Her previous form is almost irrelevant. The cheat was a terrible trainer since he became a factory.

Well judging by his horses results with ensuing trainers, he must've been doing something right! The test will be their next full prep. Will the foundations be as strong?
Re. her Feb 16 race, she was trained by Waller.

Edited by Gay3 - 31 Mar 2019 at 9:07pm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

Congrats to Whitto and all the other owners.

And to cap off whitt0's day:

Honeycomb Stud is feeling happy.
4 hrs ·

This is a special win & so proud of ALASKAN HONEY. I picked her out at an Inglis sale & knew she would be a nice staying prospect on pedigree & type. Only costing $4,500......now that is a bargain! Why it is as special as winning a Group 1 (Verry Elleegant y'day) - my awesome wife Karen Whittingham has supported me the whole journey, I also have my Mum Rosie Hayes in her very first horse at the age of 77. I also have some of my best mates involved in their first horse Andrew Smyth Lyle Mugridge Derek Kidd & we have followed horses together for 25+ years. Congrats to all the other owners - Wan Msw Michael Robinson Andrew Schonberger David Camilleri Danielle Mugridge Greg & Therese Fagan & Williams Family. Super job Mick Kent

bph2510 View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bph2510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 9:17pm
Not happy
My horse is Mi Kerri Pi
Come off our back and pinched our win
Haha just joking all good and congrats.
Next start for us hopefully
Horse owner, breeder, punter.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 11:49am

Kiwi connection pull off Verry Elleegant group 1 coup

New Zealand owner-breeder Don Goodwin was a proud man watching Verry Elleegant race to group 1 victory in the Vinery Stud Stakes at Rosehill on Saturday.

A lot of the time you hear about planning in racing, but this was the ultimate case of patience and planning. It had been five years in the making, since Goodwin bought Danroad broodmare Opulence.

“I bought her in foal at a sale and it was to send her to Zed, and this is this horse. You can say that worked,” Goodwin said.

“I have never won a group, and she has done it and we still have the Oaks to come. It doesn’t get much better for a Kiwi to have Chris Waller train and James McDonald ride your first group 1 winner.”

Verry Elleegant ($2.10) was in another class to her rivals as she charged away for a 1 length win from Frankely Awesome ($26) with Aristia ($11) another 2 lengths away in third. She has the Australian Oaks at her mercy after Waller ruled out the Derby for her. McDonald declared the filly, which revelled in the deep heavy ground “was just getting stronger and stronger at the end’’.

Waller has only had Verry Elleegant for this preparation and he had worrried over the decision to take the nose roll off and put on ear muffs after her Phar Lap Stakes win a fortnight ago. “She’s a smart filly. She just needed a little bit of working out,” Waller said. “Having the confidence to take gear off and put extra gear on is not easy when you’re training winners.

‘‘We needed to make sure we could tell the punters when you’ve got a favourite going into a group 1 race ‘don’t worry, we’ve put the ear muffs on just to help her relax and taken the nose roll off because it wasn’t doing anything’.

‘‘It’s worked out pretty well.”

“She’s been a massive work in progress. She’s not the finished article but she is maturing all the time. She definitely has the talent to get to the top. She just has to put it together.I can’t wait for the Oaks, because she has a turn of foot and I have no doubt we will run the trip. But she might need blinkers now. She hits the front and goes left, right because she thinks the job is done.’’

Frankely Awesome was good late and could head head to the Derby next week, rather than taking on Verry Elleegant in the Oaks.

“She was really good. She’s nominated for the Derby and Kris has always had it in the back of his mind,” Kris Lees’ stable foreman, Lucas Miller, said. “It was pretty evident today she’s looking for the ground and if she comes through today you might see her at Randwick next week.”

VRC Oaks winner Aristia added another group 1 placing to her record, even though she battled in the ground.

“She really struggled in the heavy ground but still ran well just because she is so honest,” Damian Lane said.

It was a common theme of the beaten brigade, with Josh Parr saying Nakeeta Jane didn’t travel well.

“It made her really one-paced. She’s pulled up really tired,” Parr said.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 11:59am
What a phenomenal, cheap &  potentially upgrading mating Clap Clap Clap

click to enlarge then hit Zoom Smile

whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 11:19pm

Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

Congrats to Whitto and all the other owners.

And to cap off whitt0's day:

Honeycomb Stud is feeling happy.
4 hrs ·

This is a special win & so proud of ALASKAN HONEY. I picked her out at an Inglis sale & knew she would be a nice staying prospect on pedigree & type. Only costing $4,500......now that is a bargain! Why it is as special as winning a Group 1 (Verry Elleegant y'day) - my awesome wife Karen Whittingham has supported me the whole journey, I also have my Mum Rosie Hayes in her very first horse at the age of 77. I also have some of my best mates involved in their first horse Andrew Smyth Lyle Mugridge Derek Kidd & we have followed horses together for 25+ years. Congrats to all the other owners - Wan Msw Michael Robinson Andrew Schonberger David Camilleri Danielle Mugridge Greg & Therese Fagan & Williams Family. Super job Mick Kent

Thanks Goldey & everyone.  Crazy good weekend. Feel incredibly lucky.

whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by bph2510 bph2510 wrote:

Not happy
My horse is Mi Kerri Pi
Come off our back and pinched our win
Haha just joking all good and congrats.
Next start for us hopefully

Sorry mate - good luck next time.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 4:30pm
She still has no idea what she’s doing.
Untapped
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 4:34pm
She is every bit as freakish as her stablemate. 
reductio ad absurdum
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 4:37pm
Never settled and still blew them away. 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 4:40pm
https://www.horsetalk.co.nz/2018/08/15/zed-a-game-erewhon-breeding/

Zed started off at $500 and they moved him anyway to a Clydesdale stud.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 5:00pm
She has a " light mouth" amongst other little traits, very much the same head carriage as Wenona Girl had , it may callous up with time but from the half mile to the turn she was travelling well within in herself then let go and went whoosh, had plenty left and each run is better than the last imo, name change to Verry Verry Ell.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 5:16pm
She's not much to look at. Lucky it's a race and not a fashion show. She could be the star of next Spring.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

https://www.horsetalk.co.nz/2018/08/15/zed-a-game-erewhon-breeding/

Zed started off at $500 and they moved him anyway to a Clydesdale stud.

So VE has loads of half Clydesdale rellies. I bet not many champion racehorses have had that distinction.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 9:35pm

She is every bit as freakish as her stablemate. 

I'm actually more intrigued by this one as a racehorse.
Win of the day for me. And it must be said, a top ride by JMac.

Hopefully she'll help put Zed on the map. Interested to see what our breeders brains trust has to say.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 12:34am
Just watched the replay again and I'm more impressed than the first time , gunna be a wonderful springtime for this talented filly , her race manners have improved immensely, hats of to the Waller crew, we may have lost or queen but this is the princess in waiting.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Just watched the replay again and I'm more impressed than the first time , gunna be a wonderful springtime for this talented filly , her race manners have improved immensely, hats of to the Waller crew, we may have lost or queen but this is the princess in waiting.

The slow pace was a worry.   I was pleased to see Bowman put some tempo into it well before the turn.      
Been this punters pal of late --- Thank u all.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 5:57pm
Was very impressive yesterday.

Thought the track might be a concern but was too good.

Hope comes up in the Spring to go to the Cups.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by ChrisB ChrisB wrote:

Very nice win yesterday but won’t be winning either of the cups. Will be a great lay as Oaks winning 4yo mares always are.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:47am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Very nice win yesterday but won’t be winning either of the cups. Will be a great lay as Oaks winning 4yo mares always are.

Ethereal was successful after her oaks win. Won the Caulfield and Melbourne Cup and BMW. Jameka also won the Caulfield Cup and BMW...both of these horses won an oaks.

It doesn't happen often but it does and can happen. Just need to be good enough
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:15am
Horses like Lucia Valentin and Rising Romance were oaks fillies and ran well.

Single Gaze won the Vinery and she ran second beaten a lip by a $67 hope.

I do not think she can win, but I have seen worse horses run well, even Gust Of Wind ran fourth.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Ethereal was successful after her oaks win. Won the Caulfield and Melbourne Cup and BMW. Jameka also won the Caulfield Cup and BMW...both of these horses won an oaks.

It doesn't happen often but it does and can happen. Just need to be good enough

You have 2 in 20 years. Like I said, they are always a great lay. That goes for Verry Elegant as well.
Hoffy95 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:09am
She's more likely to be set for a Cox Plate than the cups surely 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:40pm
She is so damn talented we are in for another boring uneventful career of the same thing every season. 

Because "everybody wants longevity" 

kiss off and be adventurous with her.

reductio ad absurdum
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:49pm
I'll take the Makybe into the Turnbull into one of the Caulfield Cup or Cox Plate into the Melbourne Cup please and thank you
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

I'll take the Makybe into the Turnbull into one of the Caulfield Cup or Cox Plate into the Melbourne Cup please and thank you

Then I'll have what your having thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 46>