Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Verry Elleegant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 46>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 3:11pm
I've been thinking about this since I heard the news, whilst initially excited, I tend to agree with the posts here. It's a bloody long way, I hope they know what they are doing.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 7:16pm
Interesting post on facebook from an Ange Jacobs:

'This is not what we or the original owners wanted, we are really upset by what has happened and only found out today. To think people that were classed as family friends would turn a fairy tale into a nightmare is unbelievable.'
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 7:20pm
She's a racehorse. No horse can do what she has done if they didn't thrive on and thoroughly enjoy racing. Watching her Caulfield Cup win the other day, she's literally kidding to them at the 300m and as soon as AVD gets close she just finds another gear, sticks her neck out and wins. As long as she's sound I think it's a fantastic idea. Otherwise it's another tilt at the Cups with surely a too big a weight to carry and win. That sounds like more of a gutbster to me.

Let's give the best a chance to prove herself overseas.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 7:48pm
If she doesnt travel or settle in, she will not be pushed.

Makybe (won Turnbull, Cox & MCup) & Winx (won 7 Group 1's) both raced on & still were at the top at the age of 7.

The Diva also had a bad finish as a 6 year old when she went to Japan.

Elle is a champion - she will give the Arc a huge shake.  Never doubt her!!
Majestic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majestic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 8:10pm
Let# look at a different angle. Already booked to Frankel and going to France to acclimatise before New Year. 😜. Won’t  race if everything doesn’t go to plan. How about a week off in our spring for a 1st class ticket to France for Waller to make final decision. Just thinking.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 8:46pm
Tatts Dec sale #GlobalSale
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 9:07pm
Majestic, good idea but don't send Waller - he has no idea, apparently. Instead they should send djebel and Jamal ... together ... on the same plane LOL
Good Old Ted View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Good Old Ted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 9:16pm
Looking forward to seeing a champion racehorse contest high class races. She deserves her chance. Ange Jacobs sounds like she has started drinking early Beer
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Sir Gov Sir Gov wrote:

Makybe (won Turnbull, Cox & MCup) & Winx (won 7 Group 1's) both raced on & still were at the top at the age of 7.

I was told the Arc is highly doubtful and the owners haven't paid the late fee.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Originally posted by Sir Gov Sir Gov wrote:

I was told the Arc is highly doubtful and the owners haven't paid the late fee.
u were told the wrong thing. 

No need to pay a late fee early when the noms only just closed. 
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 12:23am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

She is going to Chantilly or heaven on earth for horses. She is going to 5 star accommodation as apposed to the dustbowl 2 star cheap motel she has made her name in.

Lol, you think Waller is el cheapo compared to Chantilly ?
Lets see the stables she is going to before you call Waller a dust bowl.
Chantilly is no better, or worse, than the best stables here.
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 3:38am
Originally posted by brave_ponies brave_ponies wrote:

Majestic, good idea but don't send Waller - he has no idea, apparently. Instead they should send djebel and Jamal ... together ... on the same plane LOL

kissen hilarious.

I tell you what you do not do, you do not involve Waller in any discussion or decision making if you want to be adventurous with your horse that is for sure.
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 3:43am
reductio ad absurdum
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 8:14am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

She is going to Chantilly or heaven on earth for horses. She is going to 5 star accommodation as apposed to the dustbowl 2 star cheap motel she has made her name in.

Lol, you think Waller is el cheapo compared to Chantilly ?
Lets see the stables she is going to before you call Waller a dust bowl.
Chantilly is no better, or worse, than the best stables here.

Chris has excellent facilities & the care is at the top end in this country.

Nothing compares to Chantilly or Newmarket though - those places are nirvana.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 8:06pm
This full brother with Dummy Myers could well end up here with Patrick Payne, assuming he jumps well Big smile

Listed 1600m - Trentham
Zed (NZ) x Opulence (NZ)

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 8:18pm
Absolutely.  Well found Gay.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 1:57pm
Apparemment, la grande est arrivée en France aujourd'hui.

Comme c'est excitant.
reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 3:58pm
Djebel - not sure the mare is "great though"...
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

This full brother with Dummy Myers could well end up here with Patrick Payne, assuming he jumps well Big smile

Listed 1600m - Trentham
Zed (NZ) x Opulence (NZ)

His first stakes win as a 7yo!

Maybe the family gets better as they mature?
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:27pm

after a Melb Cup, Caulf Cup, Tancred, Oaks etc.........not bad for a "good" mare
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:43pm
The unraced 3yo full brother AFFLUENTIAL is still over in WA with Bob Peters. Had a trial last year but hasn’t been sighted since. 
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 7:17am
She's won a Tancred, Melbourne Cup and Caulfield Cup, only the second mare to ever complete this treble.

She's also won 3 WFA G1s over the Randwick mile, plus a Turnbull, a Ranvet, the Oaks Storm Queen double and a Warwick (Winx) Stakes over 1400m.

Won Group 1 races from 1400m to 3200m, won them at 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Jamal: She's not that great.  LOL
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 11:37am
It seems to me like you want to cop it after no response for 40 minutes you just repeat yourself 5 times LOL
Time is a flat circle
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 2:41pm
I think you will find the biased one if you look in the mirror
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 3:35pm

Eh bien Jamal, peut-être on peut dire, "la jument celebrée," une phrase qui est vraie n'importe quel pays.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 4:43pm
I've just hidden the constantly revolving repetition Angry No more Jamal, you've rammed your opinion & reasoning down our throats for long enough Angry
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 6:52pm
Hallelujah! Beer
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 9:51pm
The great mare leaves for France tonight, how exciting.

Good luck and au revoir.  
reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 11:47pm
She’s arrived safely Clap
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 10:22pm
Good news to hear Verry Elleegant has arrived safely. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 46>