Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Laundry Basket
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

China

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 66>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 6:38pm
I won't do you the disservice of posting the video as it's as bad as they get Evil Smile

There are some people who state that the torture of dogs does not happen within the dog meat trade. While many push others to believe those things - it is a fact dogs are tortured for food in Asia. Not in every region, not in every place, but it happens and is widespread throughout the industry.
The dog in this video was blowtorched alive. His skin charcoaled and burnt showing his agony, where you can still hear him crying. The video was taken by someone in China, and shared online by activists. One of thousands of videos documented by other groups showing the reality and truth in the dog meat trade.
The Yulin Dog Meat Festival is only weeks away.
Documenting these things, and what happens behind closed doors creates awareness which helps to end it. Just as investigators go into factory farms to document the inhumane animal agriculture practices living beings suffer through. Our Foundation has done the same in regards to dogs.
It is strange how when people see the suffering of a dog, that it is that pain which hurts more then the suffering of say a pig or a sheep. No animal wants to die, and denying that these atrocities occur, or attempting to spread information contrary helps the slaughter of these animals to continue.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 7:31pm
Terrible it is Gay3..      It does happen.

The slaughtering methods are often horrendous. Throwing Live poultry into boiling water was one method ,      That had Customs refuse live poultry being purchased for slaughter on the cargo ships .   
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 7:45pm
Absolute savages, someone should show Dan Andrews, hopefully slow hin down a bit 🥵
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 9:02pm
Your description is enough for me gay, not to watch.

A shame this covid thing didnt start in dogs.
They would be left alone...i hope....
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 9:48pm
What do you expect from people who eat bats.   From an unhygenic place like one of those markets.  
China spruiks itself as a modern forward country,  when in fact many of its people in the country areas live like peasants.
And they treat animals this way.
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 9:58pm
Human rights aren't good in China .    The " have nots " probably have to wait 10 years to get the elective surgery done .
Only a 3 / 5 year wait in good old Australia.      If your on the Public Housing List, That's 10 years here too.

The Virus is to help reduce waiting time.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 8:19am
They aren't too good maxie.

At the same meeting, Xi also defended China’s construction of camps housing as many as 1 million Uighur Muslims in Xinjiang — and Trump signaled his approval. “According to our interpreter,” Bolton writes, “Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which Trump thought was exactly the right thing to do.” John Bolton
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 9:37am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Human rights aren't good in China .    The " have nots " probably have to wait 10 years to get the elective surgery done .
Only a 3 / 5 year wait in good old Australia.      If your on the Public Housing List, That's 10 years here too.

The Virus is to help reduce waiting time.

From what I hear, people who come under the notice of mental health authorities, don't have to wait for public housing, they are accommodated promptly. They'd be "mad" not to take advantage of it.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 1:40pm
The Animal Hope & Wellness Foundation
People have been saying that the dog meat trade in China is over. This video has been circulating - showing dog meat butchers in Yulin preparing for the festival butchering hundreds of dogs.

Nothing has changed in China. Dog meat slaughterhouses all over the country are in full swing, and regardless of what media has been posting - it is still custom to eat dogs and kill them for food.
AHWF and @suki_oo are on the ground in Yulin. The police have been actively working trying to suppress the truth, blocking attempts of activists trying to rescue dogs and those working to document the atrocities.
@suki_oo @animalhopeinlegislation #Yulin2020

The minute I booked my ticket to Yulin, the Yulin police has been contacting me. They have sent police at the train station then sent over 10 people to the hotel where I stayed and has police following wherever I go. Now they are at the check in floor in case I go out later.
I went out at dinner time and pretended to look for food. All those restaurants has dog meat on their menu. Staff said to me if I want to eat dog meat need to hurry as it’s all packed.
Tomorrow morning I will be going to the market, I have no idea what I am going to see but I feel like they won’t show anything graphic to the public but it’s not meaning people are not killing dogs and eating dogs. It’s the same here and Yulin dog meat festival is still happening... ??
On my way back, I saw an old man is walking a cute pup with harness and leash... I just feel so sad and sick
@nom_aly @suki_oo @animalhopeinlegislation #Yulin2020

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 1:44pm
Costs too much to feed carnivores for food, I'd think that the trade would be quite limited.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 7:57pm
Massive & ongoing floods! Payback? Geoengineering to perfection but by who? Has Trump lost all patience with them?

China is about to be demolished with 1.5 metres of rain int her next 10 days, and a disaster of biblical proportions is now likely.

This is no accident, this is payback, and is likely to decimate the economy go China and also a food shortage, what is interesting about this, is its the same areas that China developed their weather modification program a decade ago.

Further info on that is here. 

The jet stream that is moving across China is trapped and cannot move, a high to the South wont allow this move, and this is forecast to bring an enormous amount of rain, on top of the already 500 mm plus that has already fallen.

The Slider showers the mid levels are now being targeted, all of this fried air in this level is currently developing the biggest is the big area of high pressure to the West over the Pacific Ocean.

The other 3 smaller areas are currently starting to develop and be heated, this is going to lock this moisture in and it wont move, and whoever is doing this is going to make sure this area gets completely destroyed.

Upper levels are clean, there is full moisture transport in this jet stream, the total opposite of out jet stream, which is cooked with no moisture at all.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 9:39am
Cant beat natureWink
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 10:05am
China has faced an ageing population and a virus might have been the answer.
Too many cattle in your paddocks, are a quick way to run out of "grass".

We need Trumps guts to take them head on.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 11:50am

China denies millions of lives at risk as catastrophic flooding threatens Three Gorges Dam

5 days ago - As many as 400 million lives may be at risk as torrential rain in China threatens the world’s largest dam.

The Chinese government has moved to defend the structural integrity of the massive Three Gorges Dam, as a hydrology expert took to international media over the weekend to warn it could collapse at any moment.

The warning came as more details emerged over the drowning of eight children swept to their deaths in the swollen Fu River, upstream of the dam, on Sunday.

On Monday, Chongqing issued its first red alert over the flooding since 1940, warning of “super historic flooding”.

More than 40,000 people have so far been evacuated.

And social media is awash with images of buildings being swept downstream, submerged cars and city streets being turned into fast-flowing rivers.

The English-language news website Taiwan News reports that the rainstorms have so far impacted the lives of eight million people along the Yangtze river and cost the Chinese economy $AU4.2 billion.

The US-based China in Focus network said on Monday up to 400 million lives could be at risk downstream from the Three Gorges Dam, including those living in the megacities of Wuhan, Nanjing and Shanghai.

German-Chinese hydrologist Wang Weiluo told Radio France Internationale on Monday the Three Gorges Dam dam’s design, construction, and quality inspection were all carried out by the same group of people.

And he said the project was finished too quickly.

On Monday, the Chinese government-controlled Global Times said the dam was at not at risk.

“Chinese experts have dismissed rumours hyped by some Western media that the Three Gorges Dam, the world’s biggest hydropower project, is at risk of collapse,” the English language tabloid, regarded as the Chinese Communist Party’s mouthpiece, reported.

10 day forecast looking pretty grim too Ouch No hyperlink due to: Blocked by X-Frame-Options Policy
An error occurred during a connection to weather.com.
Whatever that may be LOL
Firefox prevented this page from loading in this context because the page has an X-Frame-Options policy that disallows it.
weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Wuhan+Hubei+People's+Republic+of+China?canonicalCityId=7e41dbfd260d2200554753cc399a443c8190288efe1e98e422db0dbdf7164ce4

https://7news.com.au/news/disaster-and-emergency/china-denies-millions-of-lives-at-risks-as-catastrophic-flooding-threatens-three-gorges-dam-c-1119460

Edited by Gay3 - 28 Jun 2020 at 11:56am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 8:48pm
The world has covid and China has catastrophic flooding

seems even to me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 8:55pm
Try not to sound so gleeful about such misfortunes, Isaac. It really isn't becoming.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 9:32pm
Do you say the same of the anti trump posts, those that disparage those that vote for trump?

No, didnt think so.

and only you would put it the way you did. Somewhat sensitive of criticism of china.

ps max, wasnt me that posted the ARTICLE.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 9:34pm
I don't wish ill on people. Hoping China has a disastrous flood, is certainly doing that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 9:40pm
Chinas government  pushes the envelope in trying to tame nature.
Critisize them, they are the ones putting their citizens in danger.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 9:45pm
so you dont feel put out by this virus.
well i feel somewhat tired of it all, as do many.
so you feel self righteous in your opinions.
bully for you.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 9:46pm
ps do you EVER leave the keyboard?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

They aren't too good maxie.

At the same meeting, Xi also defended China’s construction of camps housing as many as 1 million Uighur Muslims in Xinjiang — and Trump signaled his approval. “According to our interpreter,” Bolton writes, “Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which Trump thought was exactly the right thing to do.” John Bolton
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:36am
and in this day of fake news you can believe this pt?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:37am
and the tide of misery keeps coming because of the coronavirus

Coronavirus has accelerated Lebanon's economic collapse, and foreign maids are paying the priceOn a street corner in the Lebanese city of Beirut, cars keep pulling up. Women and girls get out with their bags before the driver takes off.

Key points:

• There are 250,000 registered foreign workers in Lebanon
  • Maids have been abandoned by their employers due to the country's economic crisis
  • Due to coronavirus travel restrictions, they say they cannot get home

They are foreign maids, mostly from Ethiopia, being abandoned by the families for whom they worked. Most have no money, no passport, no accommodation, and no way of getting home.

Lebanon has been gripped by a spiralling economic crisis since last year, and the coronavirus pandemic has only made it worse.

Sleeping on the footpath outside the Ethiopian embassy or in crowded rooms in Beirut's poorest suburbs, these women and girls are casualties of the crisis facing Lebanon's wealthy and middle class.

Because of pandemic-related border closures, thousands of foreign workers are stuck in Lebanon with no way out.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:41am
People embarrass themselves, supposedly wringing their hands about the Uyghurs, who very likely are being badly treated, but only one of a host of minorities worldwide, whose desire for autonomy is not respected by the dominant culture.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:46am
of course the chinese regime want the excuse to lock up a free workforce.
Fabulous profits to be made on their rubbish stuff.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:48am
embarrass themselves max?
what a quaint way of putting the highlighting of a human rights issue, recognised through out the world.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:50am
Max, Have you heard about the issue between the Queensland uni student and the chinese regime?
or is that another embarrassment in your eyes?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:58am
Isaac, pull your finger out and go to Laos, and help them clean up the unexploded cluster bombs that have been killing people every day for 50-odd years, their human rights seem to have been cancelled in perpetuity, by a rotten war founded on lies. And no, China wasn't the guilty party.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 10:59am
So one cancels out the other
or gives permission for china to do as it does.

Charming max.
you may be old enough to have lived the experience you speak of,
im talking of the here and now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 66>