Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Alward

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alward
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 3:59pm
Loved the latest jump out, price looks tempting
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:03pm
Very impressive late but very unlucky probably should of won
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:15pm
Certainly should have. If it gets a clear passage anywhere first half of straight it wins.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 6:39pm
That was easy
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 6:53pm
Could this horse be a ‘sleeper’ to get into the Melb Cup field?

Kerrin McEvoy to ride him in the Hotham Hcp on Saturday and I do like backing Kerrin in staying races.

He currently about 80/1 for the place for Melb Cup. Maybe worth a few gold coins, just in case he wins Saturday.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 7:42pm
Next year maybe, no hope this year. IMHO
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 5:46pm
Emperors Way was just a tad too match fit for him today. But a really nice effort by Alward today.

Has the stable marked out his autumn targets? Maybe Manion Cup & Sydney Cup?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 6:47pm
Poor ride sitting out there mid field
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 7:29pm
How was he going to get in ?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 8:06pm
Could have gone back one more set
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 11:38pm
Betting in races with lots of CJW horses in the field is poison.

But I like this guy for a place bet in the Summer Cup tomorrow. Back to Sydney and his pet distance of 2000m.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 4:50pm
I really liked this horse a few years ago.

Didn’t measure up to my original expectations and form was very patchy in 2018/19 & was banished to CJW’s stable in Qld.

He’s done OK up there & despite not being on him today, it’s good to see him back winning the ATC Cup at Rosehill today.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 5:00pm
Stablemate set it up for him. Hopefully the stewards look into the race. Waterhouse horse went massive.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 5:13pm
Can't agree.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 7:03pm
Admire winner got beaten 14 lengths and taikamochi was beaten 2 lengths. What I said was a fact whether you like it or not.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 7:10pm
However more to the point, your accusation that Waller deliberately conspired to set the race up for the winner should be dismissed with the contempt it truly deserves.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 7:23pm
I was on one of Wallers' roughies, and when he has half the field, one of them is going to put in a run that could be questioned.

Of them all Alward was the one with the best 2000m and Rosehill form in the race, so no shock result.

... I would have rated the Bott trained horse as "an excellent Each Way chance", and I thought it ran up to it's form, although it did appear to "give up meekly in the straight" after "attempting to lead at all cost" ... Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Fri View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:09am
As someone who is following Alward already for some time Im glad he won at Rosehill. I rooted for him but didnt bet. Now I wish I had...Angry
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 10:40pm
No complaints here about the run. I’ve had him blackbooked for ages. Backed him to win, and got the tri. Best win for awhile, never give up! 🍻
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 12:01am
Well 3 years ago I thought this horse might have been a bolter for the Melb Cup.

Fell a long way short of that mark but hes still punching away up in Qld and picked up the Toowoomba Cup today.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 5:59pm
Backed him, tight finish, determined win, good horse not a great horse
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
 Post Reply Post Reply