Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

WA Horses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 5:10pm
Very tight finish in the end in Oakleigh Stakes - dead hear. Good result for WA (Celebrity Queen) and Portland Sky
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 8:34pm
A good day for WA racing with Celebrity Jewel winning the G1 Oakleigh Plate and becoming the first WA horse since Sheidel to win the race in 2017.

In fact 2017 Blue Diamond Stakes day at Caulfield was a terrific day for WA horses with the following winners:

Boom Time: Listed Mornington Cup Prelude
Black Heart Bart: G1 Futurity Stakes
Shiedel: G1 Oakleigh Plate
Silent Sedition: G3 Mannerism Stakes

Plus Ellicazoom placed in race 4 (G2 Angus Armanasco Stakes) and Miss Rose Delago placed in race 9 (G3 Mannerism Stakes).

Real Love also ran at Caulfield that day too.

Below is link: 

Finally, other WA horses to win the Oakleigh Plate in the past 25 years:

Celebrity Queen - 2021

Shiedel - 2017

Singing The Blues - 1998
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 2:54pm
Nice win by Fabergino. Back to back wins in the Listed Bob Hoysted handica. All five stakes wins have been at Listed level and 3 of them have been at the Flemington 1000m.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 2:59pm
Weak era
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 3:19pm
I know you probably already have Platoon for the Australian Cup next week Jamal and wherever Indian Pacific goes up to 1100m he will take beating.

I do not think WA has finished yet either today.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Weak era

Yep you're right - it is a weak era. Im glad you have finally acknowledged it. It took you a while but as the saying goes "Better late then never"
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 5:13pm
Jamal, Gay explicitly warned you only days ago about quoting the post immediately above you rather than simply replying, if you are to stupid to follow a simple direction like that, how can we take your opinion on the strength of racing seriously?
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:48am
Celebrity Queen was pretty impressive and the last horse to beat Celebrity Queen is a G1 winner and my love / hate relationship with it will continue when it resumes at Randwick this Saturday.  Odd that I posted it here, but he may as well be a WA horse now, until he wins one again on the east coast to earn his own thread back LOLLOL
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 2:01pm

Shocking news just in - Group 1 winner Truly Great found dead this morning, just hours after Arcadia Queen was scratched from the All-Star Mile @TheWestSport

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 2:03pm
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 2:03pm
Some terrible news from WA with G1 Kingston Town winner Truly Great found dead in his paddock this morning. Bad day for Peters.

Time is a flat circle
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 2:43pm
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 3:15pm
I hate snakes.  Full stop why do so many horses die that way.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 3:52pm
I said the same thing furious once to my grandfather and he told me that because horses are easily frightened by things that surprise them. if they see a goanna or a snake moving near them they automatically run, or if they are very frightened they start reacting to the animal and of course snakes are also reactive creatures so when they are frightened, they bite the horse.

Not sure if that is true but it sounded quite plausible to me as the first time I saw a huge 3 meter long goanna moving as quick as a cheetah across one for the property road I froze still, which is my instinct, when I hear a noise or see something I can not explain or surprises me. 

Very sad to hear the news!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:26pm
Simply horrible news
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 1:18am
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 9:28am
Another one from the Bob Peters yard. He’s having a horrible run 
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 9:52am
One of the better WA stayers to do well outside WA in the past 25 years. Her record outside WA was 21 starts for a 4-2-4 record. Her stakes wins outside WA were:

2016 G3 JRA Cup (2040m)
2016 G3 Premiers Cup (2200m)
2016 G3 Chairmans Hcp (2000m)
2016 Listed Roy Higgins Qlty (2600m)

Real Love also finished 3rd in an Adelaide Cup (3200m), 4th in a Brisbane Cup (2400m) and 5th in the Caulfield Cup (2400m). She also placed at nice odds in the Feehan Stakes at the mile at Moonee Valley.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 10:21am
How many of those runs were tarnished by a cheat though?
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 11:25am
Not sure
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

How many of those runs were tarnished by a cheat though?

What cheating was that?
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 12:41pm
Presumably the trainer Darren Weir
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 12:56pm
Correct, was trained by a cheat
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 1:29pm
To clarify above post:
After April '14: Training information change: Grant Williams to Adam Durrant
After Jan '16   Training information change: Adam Durrant to Darren Weir

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 9:53pm
What has gone wrong with Arcadia Queen?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 11:39pm
Bob Peters lost 5 weanlings Tuesday in a horse transport fire, coming from the eastern states. In a head on with a vehicle, whose driver died.
Dams of two of the weanlings were Real Charm, True Image.

8 of 14 horses died.
SadCry
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 9:08am
Wow, the Peters yard has had a just awful year.

Regal Power got sick and still hasn't come right, Arcadia Queen injured and retired, Real Love and Truly Great dead, and what a nightmare with the transport fire.  Plus they lost Delicacy last year as well.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 11:54am
Absolutely tragic for those poor horses most of who were prolly trapped in a truck on fire.  I  heard there were a couple of eventers on the truck as well. Some horses were let out and ran about unrestrained, so no doubt injuries there as well.  Poor poor animals.
Float driver will be OK thankfully.
If what I hear re the ute driver is right, I for one dont care what happened to him.
animals before people.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 4:47pm
Very sad. Terrible luck for Peters.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 10:32pm
Jamal, can you access the story in the WA paper and post it here ??
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>