Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Jericho Cup 4600m

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jericho Cup 4600m
    Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 11:37pm
Anewdaydawning's  dam Clothilde won the 2002 Lakewood Stud Stakes G3 1800m and competitive over 2000m including a 4th in the Adrian Knox
got the right sort of mix as His Daddy won the Two Thousand Guineas and 2 other G1's, and Grandad won 5 G1's inc the Derby
He has the right sorta profile and figures (with my process anyway) to be a chance, always a challenge when they step out over marathon distances tho

Edited by Take2 - 17 Nov 2023 at 11:46pm
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 8:22pm
Would love to see a local win the cup again. Nice horse. 
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 7:16pm
Was great viewing, particularly the first heat.

Interestingly the winner Anewdaydawning is bred to get about 1250m, and proves almost any horse can get over a distance in the right hands.
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 7:01pm
How good were those two 3850m Jericho Cup heats at Moonee Valley tonight.  Refreshing to see some races in town for these marathon stayers.

Think the MRC had some similar races at Mornington, Sandown & a 4000m final at Caulfield going back maybe 10 years ago.  Fizzled out after a few years.

I wonder whether there room for a marathon stayers race somewhere over the VRC 4-day carnival.  Would be more interesting than some of the rubbish 1200-1600m races they have padding out the race cards.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 9:25pm
Got 32 on my list and that one ranks 20, love the dansili in time test

Edited by Take2 - 26 Sep 2023 at 9:26pm
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 8:36pm
Strange it's in a 2yo RTR sale Take2.  Could be a cheapish buy.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 8:26pm
Heres one at Karaka for those thinking Jericho Cup in cupla years
241 Time Test Sirani Galileo Bay Colt Kiltannon Stables Ltd Dam is Dam of bastida jericho Cup

Edited by Take2 - 26 Sep 2023 at 8:27pm

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2023 at 1:29am
If he cracks the Melb Cup his interview might give Michelle a run for her money LOL
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 6:35pm
And 57yo Luke Williams rides a double at Warrnambool today!  Clap

[QUOTE=Gay3]

Luke ‘Stumpy' Williams' life journey is nothing if not confronting

— Racing.com (@Racing) July 5, 2023

He's 49, been in and out of the game since starting as an apprentice with Peter Healey at Mornington, and now says: "mate I'm only just beginning and I've got a long way to go, things are looking up. I've got some serious carrots being dangled in front of me, if I keep my head screwed on."

And it is that head which is filled with tales that would regale a scriptwriter. "There has been some bad decision making along the way," is how he would surmise it. Read on.

For Williams, it was his mother that introduced him to horses, there was a riding school at Epping and traipsing around the Richmond Flats, Clifton Hill and Carlton before he was 10 that moulded his young life.

It wasn't school, but a palomino he got in grade four, and he was hooked. But it was to be a different kind of hook that would speed bump a career of ambition in the saddle.

"I was a gelati of a kid, went through Jim Marconi and Gary Carson, went down to Tassie and Charlie Goggin, Raymon Goldsmith but eventually it was Grant Dalziel, he was the father figure I never had, we still talk all the time," he said.

"He fine-tuned my skills but he'd say ‘ how can you do this so naturally when you are a drug addict, he'd ask how many cones I'd had before riding work and shake his head."

Stumpy Williams forgot he was talking on live television!

We are rapt for you Stumpy… ???? pic.twitter.com/LvCXKuQbN7

— Racing.com (@Racing) November 29, 2020

Dalziel knows the story too well. "I had Adam Bodey and Mick Barlow with me and I was training for owners who loved a punt. This kid turned up and I couldn't get rid of him.

"He was a natural horseman, not gifted, just had a lovely nature with them, he'd work the babies all day, he'd call me boss, but with the drugs came depression and the wrong side of the street," Dalziel said.

"I remember everything," says Williams without any hint of self-pity or anyone else to blame.

"I was a very strong addict for a lot of years, started with marijuana, then the party drugs by the time I was 20, ecstasy, heroin and speed that engulfed me at the time.

"I remember meeting a card player, an old hippy, I was probably 21 and we were having a few cones and I thought he was talking gelati, I look back now and should have listened to him. It did all happen and that's my life, quite remarkable."

"That's why you see gaps and breaks in my career, for short and long periods, I'd just go off the radar."

“How long have you been riding for?”

“A lot of years bro…”

How good is Stumpy! Congratulations to Luke Williams, who's absolutely ecstatic with the Jericho Cup win. pic.twitter.com/Cnr1o2bl2H

None more so than two years in jail for drug offences when he was 28. Just remember that "awesome" line and drop it in here.

"I got on with everybody inside, I was happy, clean and sober, I met new people, it was like a boys camp for men, I'd get along with the Chinese the Koori's, the Ruskies.

"I'd keep fit, trained, walk laps with (now trainer) Frankie Stockdale, did a lot of courses, got a kitchen hands license but eventually got bored."

Remember that getting out and shooting up line now.

"When I got out I married the wrong person and then I realised I needed to get away and get clean and within a month I was."

Williams contacted jockey's mentor Des O'Keeffe and Dalziel and ended up at Warrnambool living in a room from trainer Mark Primmer, describing it as a turning point and the start of the climb back.

But he endlessly recounts this is all underpinned by his faith in God, borne out during intensive counselling sessions to help him be re-licenced.

"I knew God when I was 16, but what I learned most was how much baggage I was carrying. The counselling unpacked everything.

"Drugs were only the symptom of my problems, they weren't the issues, I'd been running away from everything, always on the move, but no matter what you do, and no matter where you are, as a child of god he still loves you.

"It was about bettering yourself to be like him, I had so much childhood trauma and gelati that was haunting me until I could admit I was f…ed up, I just never believed there was a rock bottom," Williams said.

Williams is not a god thumper, but it's a constant part of the conversation "bro" for sure, more a crutch that has seen a life teetering become one being fulfilled.

“I didn't sleep very much last night… I was like a little kid going to school camp.”

In an open and honest interview, Luke ‘Stumpy' Williams talks about his ups and downs and how thrilled he was to make his jumps debut today at @wboolracingclubpic.twitter.com/8VHKXFEqTd

— Racing.com (@Racing) March 12, 2020

Only recently he gave up alcohol. "Drinking is part of the culture of racing, the problem is that it is legal so there is no stigma. To me it changed my personality, I'd known that all of my life, more so than the drugs.

"But I did a course, knew the problem, walked out and drank for three days and never since. I just can't explain it, like a weight lifted off my shoulders," Williams said.

Now life is more structured. He admits he'd never lived in the same place for two years until he turned 35. Now he is based in Warrnambool with wife of seven years Brooke ("my rock, she is due a honeymoon by the way") with daughters Kaylee and Ruby, while there are three other Williams' foals, eldest daughter Taylor is married to Queensland jockey Dan Griffin, and sons Kayden, Brodie.

The now daily routine is as hectic as a chat, we talk while breaking-in a youngster and re-training a troublesome one.

It is always a 3am start and riding work for Tom Dabernig, then a couple for John Brooks then home for his own, a mix of 12, racehorses and pre-trainers, including one bought online (by Dubious) the other day for $600, though it cost $2600 to transport to The Bool and turned up looking like I Wish I Win as a foal but "it moves beautiful, I'll get the farrier to look after it."

"I've got an awesome life, if I didn't get paid to do this stuff, I'd be paying someone else. I'm just so blessed.

His motto: "Never Give Up."

"I haven't won a Group 1 race yet, I'm aiming to win a Melbourne Cup, I only need the one horse."

Well it's some jump from a maiden on a heavy 10 at Murray Bridge to a Group 1 and the first Tuesday in November. Thankfully Stumpy has faith, drive and boundless energy.

And you could only imagine the post-race interview!

Read 
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 3:33pm
The race was famously won by a horse called Bill The Bastard.

Just recently visited Bill,s statue at Harden, NSW.  Anyone going that way, its well worth a look as he races to safety carrying his load of soldiers . The detail is quite amazing , both in the horse, and the soldiers uniforms.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 3:30pm

Cambridge-based trainer Ken Harrison is dreaming of bigger things with Husk and King Khan following their quinella in the PSP 2000 at New Plymouth last Saturday.

The trip was a scouting mission ahead of Road To The Jericho (3210m) at the Taranaki venue next month, with qualification for the $300,000 Jericho Cup (4600m) top of mind.

Kiwi duo's Jericho Cup dream

"We are heading toward the Jericho race at New Plymouth on September 16, which is part of the reason I took them there," Harrison said.

"They had the ground to suit and we were rapt with the result."

Husk ran fourth in the Road To The Jericho last year and Harrison is hopeful of bettering that result in this year's running with the pair.

"Husk ran fourth in the Jericho last year and King Khan is looking for more ground," Harrison said.

"I think King Khan would be the better bet in the longer race. They are both capable of running 3200m quite comfortably."

Husk has pulled up well following his weekend win and could be set to back-up at Te Rapa on Saturday.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2023 at 1:42pm

Luke ‘Stumpy' Williams' life journey is nothing if not confronting

It's not the sort of line you are expecting – unless you are talking to Luke "Stumpy" (he lost half a finger in a racing accident) Williams.

"The first six months in jail were awesome," he would say, even with some hint of enthusiasm.

"After that, it got a bit boring."

And the first thing he did after getting out: "I got me some speed and shot me self up again."

Which is to suggest Williams is some character and with some story to tell. It's been shared a little on his redemption road, a Jericho Cup win and a famous post-race interview for example, but as he told me, "You haven't really heard it all yet."

So there are the chapters on jail, god and religion (no, he didn't find that inside), the drugs, a troublesome upbringing ("I went to 13 different primary schools, reckon I had four or five stepdads, some nice, some not so nice") but mostly – in the end – it comes down to horses and belief, and not surprisingly a fair bit of raw counselling.

"I'm absolutely blessed," he says, and you can sense the addictive nature in how that is expressed in the positive way, and a message joyfully shared.

Stumpy now holds a dual licence, jockey/trainer, and last Wednesday at Murray Bridge he used both to land that first winner – Honour The Skills – a maiden on a heavy 10.

“Yeah awesome I tell ya, good feeling!”

Luke Williams rides & trains a winner for the very first time ???? pic.twitter.com/KFKnGS6XjZ

— Racing.com (@Racing) July 5, 2023

He's 49, been in and out of the game since starting as an apprentice with Peter Healey at Mornington, and now says: "mate I'm only just beginning and I've got a long way to go, things are looking up. I've got some serious carrots being dangled in front of me, if I keep my head screwed on."

And it is that head which is filled with tales that would regale a scriptwriter. "There has been some bad decision making along the way," is how he would surmise it. Read on.

For Williams, it was his mother that introduced him to horses, there was a riding school at Epping and traipsing around the Richmond Flats, Clifton Hill and Carlton before he was 10 that moulded his young life.

It wasn't school, but a palomino he got in grade four, and he was hooked. But it was to be a different kind of hook that would speed bump a career of ambition in the saddle.

"I was a gelati of a kid, went through Jim Marconi and Gary Carson, went down to Tassie and Charlie Goggin, Raymon Goldsmith but eventually it was Grant Dalziel, he was the father figure I never had, we still talk all the time," he said.

"He fine-tuned my skills but he'd say ‘ how can you do this so naturally when you are a drug addict, he'd ask how many cones I'd had before riding work and shake his head."

Stumpy Williams forgot he was talking on live television!

We are rapt for you Stumpy… ???? pic.twitter.com/LvCXKuQbN7

Dalziel knows the story too well. "I had Adam Bodey and Mick Barlow with me and I was training for owners who loved a punt. This kid turned up and I couldn't get rid of him.

"He was a natural horseman, not gifted, just had a lovely nature with them, he'd work the babies all day, he'd call me boss, but with the drugs came depression and the wrong side of the street," Dalziel said.

"I remember everything," says Williams without any hint of self-pity or anyone else to blame.

"I was a very strong addict for a lot of years, started with marijuana, then the party drugs by the time I was 20, ecstasy, heroin and speed that engulfed me at the time.

"I remember meeting a card player, an old hippy, I was probably 21 and we were having a few cones and I thought he was talking gelati, I look back now and should have listened to him. It did all happen and that's my life, quite remarkable."

"That's why you see gaps and breaks in my career, for short and long periods, I'd just go off the radar."

“How long have you been riding for?”

“A lot of years bro…”

How good is Stumpy! Congratulations to Luke Williams, who's absolutely ecstatic with the Jericho Cup win. pic.twitter.com/Cnr1o2bl2H

None more so than two years in jail for drug offences when he was 28. Just remember that "awesome" line and drop it in here.

"I got on with everybody inside, I was happy, clean and sober, I met new people, it was like a boys camp for men, I'd get along with the Chinese the Koori's, the Ruskies.

"I'd keep fit, trained, walk laps with (now trainer) Frankie Stockdale, did a lot of courses, got a kitchen hands license but eventually got bored."

Remember that getting out and shooting up line now.

"When I got out I married the wrong person and then I realised I needed to get away and get clean and within a month I was."

Williams contacted jockey's mentor Des O'Keeffe and Dalziel and ended up at Warrnambool living in a room from trainer Mark Primmer, describing it as a turning point and the start of the climb back.

But he endlessly recounts this is all underpinned by his faith in God, borne out during intensive counselling sessions to help him be re-licenced.

"I knew God when I was 16, but what I learned most was how much baggage I was carrying. The counselling unpacked everything.

"Drugs were only the symptom of my problems, they weren't the issues, I'd been running away from everything, always on the move, but no matter what you do, and no matter where you are, as a child of god he still loves you.

"It was about bettering yourself to be like him, I had so much childhood trauma and gelati that was haunting me until I could admit I was f…ed up, I just never believed there was a rock bottom," Williams said.

Williams is not a god thumper, but it's a constant part of the conversation "bro" for sure, more a crutch that has seen a life teetering become one being fulfilled.

“I didn't sleep very much last night… I was like a little kid going to school camp.”

In an open and honest interview, Luke ‘Stumpy' Williams talks about his ups and downs and how thrilled he was to make his jumps debut today at @wboolracingclubpic.twitter.com/8VHKXFEqTd

— Racing.com (@Racing) March 12, 2020

Only recently he gave up alcohol. "Drinking is part of the culture of racing, the problem is that it is legal so there is no stigma. To me it changed my personality, I'd known that all of my life, more so than the drugs.

"But I did a course, knew the problem, walked out and drank for three days and never since. I just can't explain it, like a weight lifted off my shoulders," Williams said.

Now life is more structured. He admits he'd never lived in the same place for two years until he turned 35. Now he is based in Warrnambool with wife of seven years Brooke ("my rock, she is due a honeymoon by the way") with daughters Kaylee and Ruby, while there are three other Williams' foals, eldest daughter Taylor is married to Queensland jockey Dan Griffin, and sons Kayden, Brodie.

The now daily routine is as hectic as a chat, we talk while breaking-in a youngster and re-training a troublesome one.

It is always a 3am start and riding work for Tom Dabernig, then a couple for John Brooks then home for his own, a mix of 12, racehorses and pre-trainers, including one bought online (by Dubious) the other day for $600, though it cost $2600 to transport to The Bool and turned up looking like I Wish I Win as a foal but "it moves beautiful, I'll get the farrier to look after it."

"I've got an awesome life, if I didn't get paid to do this stuff, I'd be paying someone else. I'm just so blessed.

His motto: "Never Give Up."

"I haven't won a Group 1 race yet, I'm aiming to win a Melbourne Cup, I only need the one horse."

Well it's some jump from a maiden on a heavy 10 at Murray Bridge to a Group 1 and the first Tuesday in November. Thankfully Stumpy has faith, drive and boundless energy.

And you could only imagine the post-race interview!

Read all news by
Bruce Clark

Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 5:47pm
Terrific performance by Bastida to win the 2022 Jericho Cup.

He may be by a Golden Slipper winner in Pierro, but there’s plenty on stamina in every generation of that that dam line - Galileo, Grosvenor, Sound Reason & Oncidium
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 2:06pm

Bastida's emotion-filled Jericho tilt

Renowned for his work with fillies, setting a gelding to tackle one of the country's most-gruelling races is something out of the ordinary for Sydney-based trainer John Sargent.

But such is the significance of the Jericho Cup that Sargent says the decision to enter stayer Bastida in Sunday's 4600-metre feature was a no-brainer.

"For those type of horses it's great, it's a very good concept, the race and what it means is very important, it's got a lot of meaning to it, it's not just another race," Sargent said.

"The main owner of the horse in New Zealand is coming over, his father's brother served in Gallipoli and rode in the light infantry when Bill The Bastard was there, so it's a big thing for him."

Bastida won his way into the race via a dominant six-length demolition of his rivals over 3400m in Canberra's Road to the Jericho race two weeks ago and Sargent says his four-year-old is ready for the near three-mile trek around the 'Bool.

"It's going to be a bit different down there up and down and around corners, but he's in great form, as we saw last start," Sargent said.

"We saw the race as an option a while ago, start before last his saddle slipped here at Randwick, we know he stays, he runs on speed and stays all day and likes it wet or dry, so we said we'd try the Canberra race and after that it was well worth a go.

"He'll keep bowling away, he's a lovely horse, we know he stays and it's a lovely race to have him entered for."

Bastida out stays the rest!@ZRKD aboard for @jsargentracing. pic.twitter.com/gspgbEAILh

— SKY Racing (@SkyRacingAU) November 13, 2022

A prominent trainer of jumpers back in New Zealand, Sargent says having a runner at the modern-day spiritual home of Australian jumps racing is a special moment.

"I've never had one at Warrnambool, I trained a lot of good jumpers in New Zealand, so I love my jumpers, if we had jumpers here (NSW) I'd be training them - I love them," Sargent said.

"Mick Ormond bred the horse in New Zealand and he races a lot of horses, he's been a breeder for years and this horse is actually well-bred, he said he'll be flying over for it if we are running in it.

"I can't head down, I've got my daughter's wedding actually, so I can't make it!"

Bastida will depart Sydney on Wednesday night alongside stablemate Gin Martini, who is entered for Saturday's Listed Sandown Cup (3200m) at Caulfield.

"She's gone down for that and Craig Williams rides, she should run well in that, it doesn't look overly strong, she runs on speed and I think she'll get the trip too, the two miles," Sargent said.

Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 10:07pm
The rest are a bunch of walkers with crutches.
Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 10:06pm
Royal Crown looks like a standout.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 12:52pm
Acceptances closed at 12 noon, field will be out a little later today.
I'll be on course this year, really looking forward to the day.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 12:52pm
Conscience , maybe . Wink
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Bill the Bastard statue at Murrumburrah, near Hardern NSW

For 99.99% of human existence we were simply savages.

Why are we attempting to change now ?

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 12:19pm
Race 8 - The Jericho Cup (4600 METRES)

Of $288,000.1st $150,000, 2nd $50,000, 3rd $30,000, 4th $18,000, 5th $10,000, 6th $8,000, 7th $7,000, 8th $6,000, 9th $5,000, 10th $4,000, 11th $4,000, 12th $4,000, 13th $4,000, 14th $4,000
Prize money contribution totalling 3% will be directed to jockey and equine welfare prior to distribution
BenchMark 90, Highweight, Minimum Weight 65kg, Apprentices cannot claim.
VOBIS Gold Open Horse Owners Bonus: $20,000
This race carries a VOBIS Sires Boost of $30,000 in vouchers for qualified horses.

Track Name: Main Track Type: Turf

Field Limit: 14 + 4 EM

Last 10 Horse Sex Age Trainer Ballot Weight Penalty Hcp Rating
1 3333501121 BOTTI (NZ) G 7 Kevin Myers 1 70kg
2 50442351x5 ROYAL CROWN VOBIS Gold Bonus SchemeVOBIS Sires Boost Bonus Scheme G 6 Michael Kent 2 66kg
3 09x4111806 QUOTA (NZ) M 5 Patrick Payne 3 65kg
4 1511276x66 COUNT ZERO (NZ) G 8 Symon Wilde 4 65kg
5 116x575291 BASTIDA (NZ) G 4 John Sargent 5 65kg
6 327x056521 ALIENATED G 9 Cliff Murray 6 65kg
7 6x30263212 THE RATTLIN’ BOG (NZ) G 6 Aaron Purcell 7 65kg
8 6544327131 GRAND SHANGHAI G 6 Lindsay Gough 8 65kg
9 1421177766 EPIZEEL (NZ) G 6 Declan Maher 9 65kg
10 7x36300623 SAVVY ACQUISITION (NZ) G 8 Austy Coffey 10 65kg
11 x216311x32 BAZINI G 5 Symon Wilde 11 66kg
12 8319262704 BORDER LEICESTER (NZ) G 6 Emma-Lee & David Browne 12 65kg
13 6x787421x1 JUKILA (NZ) G 8 Michelle Payne 13 65kg
14 2620245x53 AZZUREOUS G 6 Steven Pateman 14 65kg
15 6862243331 BRUNO STARS (NZ) G 8 Paul Preusker 15 65kg
16 5x787x0633 WILL TO EXCEL G 7 James Ponsonby 16 65kg
17 798x355424 FRANKENSTAR G 6 Kathryn Durden 17 65kg
18 0012750875 LANDGRAVE (NZ) G 6 Emma-Lee & David Browne 18 65kg
19 48x2332884 THERE FOR YOU M 7 Dane Smith 19 65kg
20 7008875430 MAGICAIN G 7 Mark Greig 20 65kg
21 3552513F0x STAR STOCK (NZ) G 5 Symon Wilde 21 65kg
22 4653x41435 TOM FOOLERY G 4 Andrea Leek 22 65kg
23 x2239x7213 PLATINUM SPIRIT (NZ) G 6 Kathryn Durden 23 65kg
24 510x095081 CEARDAI (NZ) G 8 Brent Stanley 24 65kg
25 432x156x32 RAFFISH G 5 James Ponsonby 25 65kg
26 661715x296 LAVA VOBIS Gold Bonus Scheme G 7 Rachael Cunningham 26 65kg
27 7x37666470 DEWRINKLER VOBIS Gold Bonus Scheme G 8 Amy McDonald 27 65kg
28 5501824436 SPACE EQUITY G 8 Lindsay Cadzow 28 65kg
29 x906175949 SANDMAN VOBIS Gold Bonus Scheme G 7 Carly Cook 29 65kg
30 4855597744 CHARLTON G 9 Con Kelly 30 65kg
31 4523058524 HUBBLE G 7 Nathan Hobson 31 65kg
32 860x889367 RANGI TANE (NZ) G 5 Lee Horner 32 65kg
33 x8607x4554 KHARI VOBIS Gold Bonus SchemeVOBIS Sires Boost Bonus Scheme M 4 Anthony Cosgriff 33 65kg
34 x070839830 KHARCHIN (NZ) G 5 Simon Ryan 34 65kg
35 2x42358485 NEEDSANAME G 6 Simon Ryan 35 65kg
reductio ad absurdum
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 2:50pm
Bill the Bastard statue at Murrumburrah, near Hardern NSW
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 12:46pm
Their forefathers used to do it 3 times a day.
reductio ad absurdum
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 12:34pm
How far is too far? I’ve definitely seen them just about stumbling over the last stages. Where’s the limit? They are animals, not machines 
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 12:14pm
They don't appear to be blowing any more than those after a 2000m run Confused You get 'unfit' over all distances with the same consequences, imo.
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 11:40am
Refuse to punt on extreme racing. So sad watching these poor things trying to put one leg in front of the other in the final stages. Not good sport Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 7:00pm
Unsurprisingly all sired by stoutly bred stallions, but all with a dash of female family "speed".  Unlike those stout top and bottom and who are frequently just too slow.  

Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

2021 - Wil John (Reset) 2020 - Count Zero (Zed)
2019 - Ablaze (Raise The Flag) 2018 - High Mode (Redwood)
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 6:44pm
Thank you.
reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 4:43pm
2021 - Wil John (Maher & Eustace)
2020 - Count Zero (S.Wilde)
2019 - Ablaze (Maher & Eustace)
2018 - High Mode (A Freedman)
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 2:43pm
Who are the winners of this race so far ?
reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 9:32am
Blamed it on the track being too hard Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>