Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Humidor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 9:13pm
Four wins from 27 starts would certainly appear to suggest he frequently performed sub-par.  
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Four wins from 27 starts would certainly appear to suggest he frequently performed sub-par.  

Some of those losses would be superior to some of his wins.

reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Darren Weir deserves 100% of the credit for Humidors inconsistency.

I'd love one this inconsistent

Summary: 28-8:7:2    Prizemoney: $3,420,415   Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 9:28pm

Eh?  He was stakes-placed on seven occasions.  

The winners of those races were, wait for it: Greenmailer, Dual Dilemna, Magic Of Sydney, Tarnpir Lane, Linesman, Portland Player and Mustang Ranch.

Hardly the pantheon of superior performers.  Ermm
Miami View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 9:54pm
I don't think he's going as well as last year.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 10:01pm

Eh?  He was stakes-placed on seven occasions.  

The winners of those races were, wait for it: Greenmailer, Dual Dilemna, Magic Of Sydney, Tarnpir Lane, Linesman, Portland Player and Mustang Ranch.

Hardly the pantheon of superior performers.  Ermm

I have missed something here, Who are you talking about ?

reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 10:42am
[QUOTE = Voyager] There have always been horses like him, that can be world beaters at their best but infrequently show that form.  If you ever talk to Shane Dye, and ask him to rate the ten best horses he rode, he will tell you Ebony Grove was one of the best, but he only showed his best every five runs.[UNQUOTE]

[QUOTE = Second Chance] Four wins from 27 starts would certainly appear to suggest he frequently performed sub-par.  
[QUOTE = Djebel] Some of those losses would be superior to some of his wins. [UNQUOTE]

Crossed lines I think Djebel.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:50pm
Heartbreak horse who does so much wrong .

Have a look at his form 1600 to 2100 and his prizemoney if here's any doubt about his class.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 4:41pm
On what performances did Dye form his lofty opinion of Ebony Grosve? Humidor is much better than him.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

On what performances did Dye form his lofty opinion of Ebony Grosve? Humidor is much better than him.

Not sure that was what Voyager was saying, It was simply a analogy and a worthy one. 

Ebony Grosve and Telesto when they put their best foot forward where pretty good horses.

reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 3:35am
Bad horses catch us all the time .      What a crime that the backers of Kementari were deprived on Saturday .     He had a horror 3 wide run and gets beaten by one of the greatest Bastaxd horses , ever to put foot on a rscecourse .
    We can't forget that had he, Humidor, done his best on the day he probably unseats Winx in last years Cox Plate .   Certainly looked that way for a few strides .   He rates better at the weights and then wins next time he gets to his distance range ..   ( which isn't 3200m ).    After trying to throw that win away too.
   Don't lose sight of the fact that Winx and he Both broke the existing Course Record in the last Cox Plate .
He got all the fortunes on Saturday with inside runs but wins at the long odds and keeps his Bathplug ( Title ) .    
May he find his way into a Pal tin ,   Sooner rather than later.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 7:38am
its well documented the issues they have had with him wanting to hang and race untractably. It looks like as an older horse he is beginning to behave himself. I backed him in memsie and will continue to back him this prep
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

its well documented the issues they have had with him wanting to hang and race untractably. It looks like as an older horse he is beginning to behave himself. I backed him in memsie and will continue to back him this prep

He got all the favours on Saturday Marble and would be weighted out of all handicaps over the Spring carnival.
He won't win another race this campaign.    Unless it is to do the same to me as I did to my first wife for 26 years.      Like fluking Kementari .

Wheres Whale , I spelt that wrong.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:40pm
Paid up today in 1st acceptances for the Melb Cup.

Was surprised to see him still there.   Was thinking he was just Cox Plate into the Mackinnon Stks
There off! View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote There off! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 9:32pm
Very good 2nd up horse.

Why not have a crack at the 2 miles?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by There off! There off! wrote:

Very good 2nd up horse.

Why not have a crack at the 2 miles?

YES   ,   Why not.

BTW = LOVE your Nic.        There OFF,    where have I hear that before.
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

Paid up today in 1st acceptances for the Melb Cup.

Was surprised to see him still there.   Was thinking he was just Cox Plate into the Mackinnon Stks
Interesting, considering they said they were sticking to WFA this time around and not going to the cups.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 12:20pm
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 12:22pm
Humidor, the third placegetter in Saturday’s Cox Plate, has emerged from the race with an injury and will not race again this spring.

Trainer Darren Weir revealed that on Sunday swelling was detected in one of the six-year-old's legs and scans on Monday detailed damage to a suspensory ligament.

That means the three-time Group 1 winner will not contest the $2 million Seppelt Mackinnon Stakes (2000m) on the final day of the Melbourne Cup Carnival, November 10, for which he is the $4 third favourite in BetEasy’s market.

He will also most certainly miss the autumn carnivals in Melbourne and Sydney.

The Humidor news caps a horror Cox Plate fallout for Weir, who also saw Kings Will Dream pulled up out of the event and subsequently transported to the Ballarat Veterinary Hospital with a fractured pelvis.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:38pm
Humidor: "He will go to Ciaron (Maher). We're still very hopeful that he will be back for a Cox Plate campaign this spring. He's on track with his recuperation (from a suspensory injury) and we're hoping to bring him back into work in May."
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 1:43pm
Humidor , is one of very few, who have a Standard Rating higher than Winx , in any Races of her past 29 . ( When .5L, 2nd 2017 Cox Plate )
Erratic , Unreliable but a very good horse .     Maybe his problem has been "Jigger Fear " .
   Will be interesting to see how he performs under new management.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 10:36pm
Apparently is now with Lindsey Smith
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 1:41am
SO! And what's your point?? I know u will say no point. But if that the case why report what everyone knows??
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 1:57am
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Apparently is now with Lindsey Smith

In Perth or Victoria ?
reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 2:18am
Victoria

And my point is, it was advertised he was going to Ciaron Maher, just thought it was odd that things changed.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 12:43pm
Birds of a feather......
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 12:49pm
The 2017 Cox Plate runner-up is being led through the later stages of his rehabilitation from a suspensory injury by former WA trainer Lindsey Smith, who has taken over the disqualified Darren Weir’s Warrnambool stables.

It means Humidor is back in his old box and in familiar surroundings down at the beach as he starts his build-up to gallop at speed for the first time in more than six months.

Smith explained on Tuesday that as the horse was to be under his care for some weeks, he put in a stable return to show him as the trainer of the horse instead of Ciaron Maher and Dave Eustace, who initially took over training of the multiple group 1 winner after Weir was sanctioned in February.

‘’I haven’t got a lot of horses here at the moment so I thought it would be a goodwill gesture and as they say, possession is nine tenths of the law,’’ Smith quipped.

The truth is that Humidor will be transferred back to Maher and Eustace at their Ballarat stables once he is galloping fast and has proven he has thrown off the suspensory problem that looked to have ended his career after he hobbled off the track following last year’s Cox Plate.

‘’The horse is well and he’s about three weeks off doing some fast work,’’ Smith said. ‘’He’s in his old box so he’s happy and he’s making good progress.

‘’As for the injury, you can’t pick it. He’s been down the beach and on the treadmill and going well so hopefully he comes back for the owners.’’

Smith has his group 1 winner Scales Of Justice at Warrnambool and he is confident the horse can strike his old form this spring while he is awaiting the arrival of Malaguerra, who is doing his pre-training in WA before he makes Warrnambool his home.

Smith said that, with 36 boxes, he had plenty of room to take more horses. With the spring campaigns of WA stars Arcadia Queen, Enticing Star and Galaxy Star still to be finalised by owner/breeder Bob Peters, Smith is hopeful he could be chosen as their trainer when on eastern-state missions.

‘’He (Peters) makes his own decisions but I’ve had a lot of luck with him. He knows I am here and it would be a delight to get any of those horses.

‘’I think I trained his last group 1 winner over here (Melbourne). I think it was Old Comrade (Australian Cup, 2002). He’ll remember that.’’

Kings Will Dream, who also broke down badly in last spring’s Cox Plate, takes a big step towards his return to racing when he enters Chris Waller’s Rosehill stables next week to begin the early stages of his spring campaign.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 12:50pm
The above article is about a month old
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

The above article is about a month old

That's right because Arcadia Queen has been set to Waller.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 4:19pm
Smith is a good trainer. And now has he's mates stables at the bool! So what is wrong? I cannot find an issue? What are you thinking smith might do other then train them very good?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>