Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Hey Doc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 6:19pm
Really deserved that, this bloke. Just a proper racehorse. May have been advantaged by the draw but don't think he enjoyed racing down there on the rails- pulled quite badly. Plenty of merit in the win and peach of a ride. Thank you L Currie.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:02pm
Has the Doncaster at his mercy if they decide to go that way .
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:09pm
Was on him yesterday but that was his grand final. Would be a wonderful training effort to get him to peak again.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:12pm
Trainer was  eyeing the donny yesterday .
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 10:29pm
I would've thought the Straddy would be more his go. Not saying he can't run a mile, just noting that he's real good at 1400.
The Gooch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Gooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 10:48pm
I was on at $5.50 yesterday and really like the horse but no way I would have him in a Donny. Agree with James that the Aus Guineas was his race and he did have every conceivable thing in his favour yesterday I feel. I think a tough Randwick Mile against the older horses will sort him out, plus he's never raced in Sydney.

Think 1400m is his best trip. Maybe keep him reasonably fresh and target the All Aged if it doesn't look that strong? 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 11:46pm
May have a bit of trouble handling Le Romain for starters over a mile , still you have a handicapper to balance things out.fwiw.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 7:13am
Not tipping him to win the Doncaster. It's a hard race to win with lots of chances. But I don't see why he can't win it. I also can't see why he can't run 2000m. If he starts in the Alister Clark Stakes we will find out. If he wins that then he's a big Doncaster chance. I'm on at $61.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 7:16am
But I also agree the AG was his target race and has a challenge to maintain his form to the Donnie. He did peak at his 4th run last prep and raced poorly at his 5th.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 7:56am
If he was mine, I'd put him away and bring him back for those early Group 1's at 14 and 16
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 7:58am
Memsie and Makybe Diva
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 8:29am
All over him in the Guineas but leave me out of the Doncaster at current price.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:26am
His current nominations are for the Newmarket , highly unlikely, and the Doncaster , possibility .
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:29am
Looks a stronger horse this time in , I'd have a throw at the Donny , normally a strongly run race which will suit, as he still didn't settle for the initial 500 metres of the Guineas
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 5:18pm
Trainer Tony McEvoy has confirmed Australian Guineas winner Hey Doc will get a crack at Doncaster Mile. Has 51kgs at the moment.

reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:54pm
Trainer Tony McEvoy says they won't run Hey Doc again before the Doncaster Mile. If he doesn't make it then 3YO will be off to paddock.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:57pm
Machine
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 8:40pm
Said it before on this thread- just a proper racehorse this bloke.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:37pm
Great training effort
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:50pm
I would agree Khan, but he has probably been a sprinter all along.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:55pm
Keeps the race
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:03am
Very ordinary race really.     They didn't go like lightening early and 5 of the 8 races ran much faster final 600's.     Overall time not very impressive either.        .   Mystery?    
Throw the form guides out the window.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:46am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Very ordinary race really.     They didn't go like lightening early and 5 of the 8 races ran much faster final 600's.     Overall time not very impressive either.        .   Mystery?    

There are form guides for sprint races?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:48am
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

There are form guides for sprint races?

I wish the Doc had stayed home stayer.    

The fav lost a couple of lengths when the winner checked him. Williams then had to use him up.   He's already peaked.     They are only allowed one mistake in a race.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 8:26am

Time was a second quicker than the other 1200m race of the night and 0.66sec outside Miss Andretti's track record. He won tonight against his preferred pattern from a wide draw. I didn't back him, but continues to be underrated this horse, now 8 from 18.

They've discovered he's a sprinter and he's won up the straight. In the Darley up to his eyeballs imo.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:34pm
I wuz wrong Judge ..   ( Don't pee before the water comes )     

Yes , The Doc went out in 34-42 = Home in = 35.48.     VM had a tough task after being severely checked.

I was rebelling, after seeing my wager on IHT get nutted.
( Lesson ) = Do nothing from memory when you over 21
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 3:05pm
Not running Saturday
Received a nasty injury after being kicked by another horse this morning
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 2:44pm
Heading to the Carlyon first up.
Possibly going to take on Nature Strip
This space has been intentionally left blank
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 3:26pm
Huge return
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 3:37pm
Blew out last 50 , good prep coming up
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>