Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Matt Cumani

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 8:38pm
That is how I read this SC:  http://https://www.racing.com/news/2016-05-27/ballarat-the-clear-choice-for-cumani

Surely there's something missing from the story. If not we are entitled to be be appalled.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

That is how I read this SC:  http://https://www.racing.com/news/2016-05-27/ballarat-the-clear-choice-for-cumani

Surely there's something missing from the story. If not we are entitled to be be appalled.

That link is not opening 3bm. 
reductio ad absurdum
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 8:42pm
It's not soo much as building a ton of boxes, but having the initial facilities set up so it is easy to construct additional boxes over time as they are required, and planning out locations to maximize potential growth in trainers and boxes in the long term.

I hope they have done that at Pakenham, as despite it being in the middle of nowhere, long term i can see it heading towards Cranbourne's level, and in 15-20 years it won't be as in the middle of nowhere as it is now, Tynong, Nar Nar Goon etc should slowly develop as they max out in Pakenham and Officer areas.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 8:44pm
https://rv.racing.com/news/2016-05-27/ballarat-funding

Ballarat Turf Club will be host to a world-class stable as part of a major upgrade from the Andrews Labor Government - attracting international investment and boosting local jobs to the region.

Minister for Regional Development Jaala Pulford today announced the Government’s $300,000 investment in the $1.25 million project with Minister for Racing Martin Pakula.

“The new Horse Trainer Precinct project is great news for the community of Ballarat. The facility will generate investment in the region, create 15 new jobs and cement the Club’s position as a centre for racing excellence in Victoria,” the Hon Jaala Pulford said.

“Through our $500 million Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund, we’re investing in projects like the Ballarat Turf Club’s new Horse Trainer Precinct to support important infrastructure upgrades, creating jobs and build stronger, more resilient regional communities.”

The new Horse Trainer Precinct project has attracted internationally renowned thoroughbred trainer, Matt Cumani, who intends to lease the stables, creating 15 new jobs, with the potential to create up to 30 jobs over the next three years.

The project includes:

• The development of a 40-horse training stable
  • The establishment of a feed room, tack room, three wash bays and five tie ups
  • An administration block including an office, owner’s lounge and bathroom
  • Carparking facilities

Roads, power, water supply and landscaping

The Ballarat Turf Club is already among the state’s top five training centres due to its high quality facilities and the large number of horses starting in races. The Club hosts approximately 30 race meetings each year and generates $3.5 million annually. It is also vital to the Central Highlands region’s racing activities which generate $59.9 million every year.

The Government recognises Ballarat Turf Club’s position as the centre of the region’s significant equine industry and its key role as the host of large-scale community events including the popular Ballarat Cup.

The Government is committed to supporting the sustainable growth of important employment centres like the Ballarat Turf Club through its $500 million Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund.

“We’re proud to support the Ballarat Turf Club as it continues to grow and innovate. The facility is great news for the club,” the Hon Martin Pakula said. 

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 8:50pm

Ballarat the clear choice for Cumani

Tom Biddington

When Matt Cumani was deciding where to set up his stables, there was plenty of interest from New South Wales and Victoria.

But the rising star of the turf says the decision was easy - Ballarat was where he wanted to be.

The biggest step of that commitment was finalised on Friday when the Ballarat Turf Club announced the development of a new $1.25m training centre - which will be the home of Cumani Racing.

Cumani, who is the son of highly successful European trainer Luca and the brother of media personality Francesca, first toured the Ballarat training facilities with OTI Racing’s Terry Henderson four years ago and was immediately impressed.

While the bright lights of Sydney were hard to ignore, Cumani loved what Ballarat had to offer and figured if it’s good enough for Darren Weir, it is good enough for him.

“It was a clear choice for me, the choice of tracks - the uphill track and the more traditional Australian racetrack-style tracks,” Cumani said.

“The environment, the location - it’s close to a lot of other country tracks to Victoria and close to Melbourne.

“The atmosphere here, the other trainers - it’s just the perfect spot if you ask me.”

The facility will feature 40 boxes and is being paid for by the Ballarat Turf Club, along with $300,000 from the Victorian Government through the Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund.

Cumani has committed to the training centre for five years, but hopes to be there much longer than that.

“It’s not my stable, it is Ballarat Turf Club’s and I’ll just be the first tenant, which is a huge honour and makes me very proud,” Cumani said.

“Hopefully I can do well - it’s a huge step between winning one race at Caulfield to actually making a proper success of it as a business.

“Hopefully if I can keep the winners coming in, it’ll keep rolling.”

Cumani only began training two months ago and has tasted success early, notching up his first city winner with Show A Star at Caulfield.

The talented four-year-old is striving to make it back-to-back wins at Ladbrokes Park Lakeside on Saturday and Cumani is confident he’ll run well, despite a wide barrier.

“I think he’s got a great chance, particularly if what Stephen Baster tells me (is right) - that he’s better on soft ground,” he said.

“He’s a very versatile horse in terms of how he runs his race - he can lead or he can sit in behind.

“I think we’ll try not to get stuck too far back and go from there.”

reductio ad absurdum
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 8:51pm
https://www.racing.com/news/2016-05-27/ballarat-the-clear-choice-for-cumani

Matt CumaniBallarat the clear choice for Cumani

Tom Biddington@TomBiddington

2:57pm

, (

When Matt Cumani was deciding where to set up his stables, there was plenty of interest from New South Wales and Victoria.

But the rising star of the turf says the decision was easy - Ballarat was where he wanted to be.

The biggest step of that commitment was finalised on Friday when the Ballarat Turf Club announced the development of a new $1.25m training centre - which will be the home of Cumani Racing.

Cumani, who is the son of highly successful European trainer Luca and the brother of media personality Francesca, first toured the Ballarat training facilities with OTI Racing’s Terry Henderson four years ago and was immediately impressed.

While the bright lights of Sydney were hard to ignore, Cumani loved what Ballarat had to offer and figured if it’s good enough for Darren Weir, it is good enough for him.

“It was a clear choice for me, the choice of tracks - the uphill track and the more traditional Australian racetrack-style tracks,” Cumani said.

“The environment, the location - it’s close to a lot of other country tracks to Victoria and close to Melbourne.

“The atmosphere here, the other trainers - it’s just the perfect spot if you ask me.”

WATCH: Hear from Cumani

< scrolling="no" ="p-" width="624" height="352" border="0" ="https://www.racing.com/layouts/Mediawork/Sublayouts/P.aspx?itemId=7298F461955137D995CBA7422DB0D27C&pId=77BF14775472308EA6C6D23E31C3D136&width=624&height=352&sc_mode=normal" style="-sizing: border-; : ; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 630px; height: 354.375px;">

The facility will feature 40 boxes and is being paid for by the Ballarat Turf Club, along with $300,000 from the Victorian Government through the Regional Jobs and Infrastructure Fund.

Cumani has committed to the training centre for five years, but hopes to be there much longer than that.

“It’s not my stable, it is Ballarat Turf Club’s and I’ll just be the first tenant, which is a huge honour and makes me very proud,” Cumani said.

“Hopefully I can do well - it’s a huge step between winning one race at Caulfield to actually making a proper success of it as a business.

“Hopefully if I can keep the winners coming in, it’ll keep rolling.”

Cumani only began training two months ago and has tasted success early, notching up his first city winner with Show A Star at Caulfield.

The talented four-year-old is striving to make it back-to-back wins at Ladbrokes Park Lakeside on Saturday and Cumani is confident he’ll run well, despite a wide barrier.

“I think he’s got a great chance, particularly if what Stephen Baster tells me (is right) - that he’s better on soft ground,” he said.

“He’s a very versatile horse in terms of how he runs his race - he can lead or he can sit in behind.

“I think we’ll try not to get stuck too far back and go from there.”

Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 8:59pm
So does Ballarat own it outright, or in conjunction with the state government?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 9:08pm
It appears evident to me that the new complex will be the home of Cumani Racing, along with other trainers who choose to relocate/train there.

The stables from my reading would be owned by the Ballarat Club.

Differing opinion invited.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 9:22pm
Correct, they're leased off the club as are all the on site complexes.
The City Of B'rat has huge plans for a large area adjacent to Dowling Forest including the inability to sell any blocks of land 4ha or less to anyone but a horse trainer. Someone came round a few weeks ago for me to sign a petition against this, tho' it's apparently been passed. Obviously this devalues land markedly.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Flight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

The City Of B'rat has huge plans for a large area adjacent to Dowling Forest including the inability to sell any blocks of land 4ha or less to anyone but a horse trainer.

They can't do that.

Do you have a pro bono lawyer?  You could probably find the legislation yourself with a "quick" Google search.

Smile

“The probability of a certain set of circumstances coming together in a meaningful (or tragic) way is so low that it simply cannot be considered mere coincidence. ”
― V.C. King
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 10:01pm
What part of "Cumani Racing (Aus) Proposed Stable Complex Ballarat Turf Club" (plan image) and “It’s not my stable, it is Ballarat Turf Club’s and I’ll just be the first tenant, which is a huge honour and makes me very proud,” Cumani said leads you to your conclusion SC? 
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 10:36pm
Cumani the next Gai

spin spin spin
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 12:51pm
He has a runner at Port Augusta this weekend ?!?  Long way to go, must be a good thing

Race 3 - 1:28PM Bryan (Popeye) Harbridge Memorial Benchmark 54 Handicap (1600 METRES)Times displayed in local time of Race Meeting
Of $10,000.1st $6,700, 2nd $1,800, 3rd $900, 4th $600, Starter Subsidy $100
BenchMark 54, Handicap, Minimum Weight 54kg, Apprentices can claim.

Field Limit: 12 + 4 EM

NoLast 10HorseTrainerJockeyBarrierWeightPenaltyHcp Rating
1454723x912BENJIDDAHGarret LynchMs Jemma Frew (a3/48kg)960kg56
2548x079x13COMMAND THE SUNLiz FaustTamara Zanker859.5kg55
379x6447103MAPPINGA PRINCEJohn DunnDylan Caboche (a1.5/53.5kg)258.5kg53
4634x80472xCLANDARBHENNicole BruggemannKate Brooks (a1.5/53kg)557.5kg51
56x27x24565PRIDE OF AMERICAClaudette Rose157.5kg55
642471x6906KOOMA BLAZEMatt CumaniTodd Pannell357kg54
766x1605024PILOT’S LANEKym HealyJustin Potter757kg50
857276x9967VIEWPOINT ESTATETrevor Montgomerie454.5kg45
90108938787FACE LEICA STARAnnette HarderMatthew Poon (a2/48kg)654kg43
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 1:09pm
Won before a spell in South Australia with Darren Magro as trainer.

Four unsuccessful runs for Matt so suspect it might now be back with Darren.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 2:04pm

Spring carnival 2016: Matt Cumani relying on the best for Melbourne Cup

Patrick Bartley 
Published: October 26, 2016 - 12:00AM

Matt Cumani is better placed than most to comment on the raging debate between how Australian horse trainers prepare their distance horses as against their fellow horseman in Europe.

As the son of highly successful trainer Luca Cumani, Matt Cumani has tasted both methods of getting your racehorse to run a distance.

Cumani, 35, maintains that in some instances Australians prepare their horse similarly to English and Irish trainers.

"It's often referred to as the Aussie way of putting speed into their legs, but giving riding instructions to gallop a horse over seven furlongs and go home hard the final two furlongs is pretty much world standard," he said.

"They worked them that way in Sydney, Melbourne, and Newmarket. In fact it's a fairly standard approach to preparing race horses."

Cumani has moved to Ballarat and has established his own training base and believes there are only a few telling differences in how trainers make stayers perform at there best.

Cumani has a Melbourne Cup runner this year, Grey Lion, who has enjoyed the best of both worlds.

"It's just those subtle differences really when two horses gallop here, they leave the track straight away and while they're still blowing they will be hosed down, scraped and sent back to their box," Cumani said.

"But, in contrast, in England after our horses are worked they will take a leisurely hour walk home. And that's the way of finding out little idiosyncrasies and also goes a long way to keep them relaxed and enjoy what they are doing. But it's labour intensive because if you have 100 horses in work in England, you need perhaps 30 or 40 track workers to make the operation tick.

"And that's a luxury that in Australia we can't afford. It's very expensive to hire so many extra riders that it's just not worth it."

Cumani believes that staying horses are unnecessarily put into shorter races in Australia on their way to their favourite distance journeys which may be 2000 metres or beyond.

Cumani points out that there is no need to have horses start preparations at 1400 metres, then 1600, and then to their favourite distance.

"I just get concerned that you start them at a distance a lot shorter than they are used to and they can become exhausted because of the taxing effects of racing at an unsuitable trip and they struggle to get their stride and rhythm," he said.

"That's why in Europe horses go straight into 2000-metre races or beyond. It's feared that the horses become uncertain of what they are doing racing at a short distance.

"And then the next time they come to the races they don't know what to do and they want to get the race over as quickly as possible so then you've got a horse that over races and pulls hard."

Cumani maintains that Australian racing has incredible upsides at this time of year with the attention being solely focused on the sport.

"When the major races are on in England you don't have soccer fans instantly becoming taken with racing. The sport in England is a niche sport," he said.

"But in Australia it's quite different, football fans begin to embrace racing as soon as the footy is over and the sport and the sporting landscape is all racing."

And his hopes of winning a Melbourne Cup with Grey Lion may rely on the best of both worlds when preparing a stayer to win Australia's most important handicap.

reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 2:16pm
Highlighted text for you Djebel Wink

Spring carnival 2016: Matt Cumani relying on the best for Melbourne Cup

Patrick Bartley

Matt Cumani is better placed than most to comment on the raging debate between how Australian horse trainers prepare their distance horses as against their fellow horseman in Europe.

As the son of highly successful trainer Luca Cumani, Matt Cumani has tasted both methods of getting your racehorse to run a distance.

Cumani, 35, maintains that in some instances Australians prepare their horse similarly to English and Irish trainers.

"It's often referred to as the Aussie way of putting speed into their legs, but giving riding instructions to gallop a horse over seven furlongs and go home hard the final two furlongs is pretty much world standard," he said.

"They worked them that way in Sydney, Melbourne, and Newmarket. In fact it's a fairly standard approach to preparing race horses."

Cumani has moved to Ballarat and has established his own training base and believes there are only a few telling differences in how trainers make stayers perform at there best.

Cumani has a Melbourne Cup runner this year, Grey Lion, who has enjoyed the best of both worlds.

"It's just those subtle differences really when two horses gallop here, they leave the track straight away and while they're still blowing they will be hosed down, scraped and sent back to their box," Cumani said.

"But, in contrast, in England after our horses are worked they will take a leisurely hour walk home. And that's the way of finding out little idiosyncrasies and also goes a long way to keep them relaxed and enjoy what they are doing. But it's labour intensive because if you have 100 horses in work in England, you need perhaps 30 or 40 track workers to make the operation tick.

"And that's a luxury that in Australia we can't afford. It's very expensive to hire so many extra riders that it's just not worth it."

Cumani believes that staying horses are unnecessarily put into shorter races in Australia on their way to their favourite distance journeys which may be 2000 metres or beyond.

Cumani points out that there is no need to have horses start preparations at 1400 metres, then 1600, and then to their favourite distance.

"I just get concerned that you start them at a distance a lot shorter than they are used to and they can become exhausted because of the taxing effects of racing at an unsuitable trip and they struggle to get their stride and rhythm," he said.

"That's why in Europe horses go straight into 2000-metre races or beyond. It's feared that the horses become uncertain of what they are doing racing at a short distance.

"And then the next time they come to the races they don't know what to do and they want to get the race over as quickly as possible so then you've got a horse that over races and pulls hard."

Cumani maintains that Australian racing has incredible upsides at this time of year with the attention being solely focused on the sport.

"When the major races are on in England you don't have soccer fans instantly becoming taken with racing. The sport in England is a niche sport," he said.

"But in Australia it's quite different, football fans begin to embrace racing as soon as the footy is over and the sport and the sporting landscape is all racing."

And his hopes of winning a Melbourne Cup with Grey Lion may rely on the best of both worlds when preparing a stayer to win Australia's most important handicap.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 2:31pm
Would have been a great learning curve for Matt if he spent some time with Bart, he may have noticed that because a stayer races first up, second up, not at Barts would you scrub the ears off them early , if so you wouldn't last long, teach them to settle and let them work home, if they arrive so be it, Barts horses walked 2 kl to the track and we're always cooled down and then another 2 kl home, you don't train 12 if your doing it wrong, yes there are many variances training horses, and staff has always popped up when comparing different approaches, but it's always nice to hear another persons point of view.
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 9:59pm
I will back Bart
He did it and forget more than this silver spooner will ever know
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 11:25pm
Do you want to try that again in English?
MJM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Bi Carb Bi Carb wrote:

I will back Bart
He did it and forget more than this silver spooner will ever know

They are actually a lovely family , and ver hard working not sure silver spooner is a good tag for him
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 6:34pm
Cumani seems to be continuing to train The Grey Lion out of Werribee, instead of taking him home to Ballarat.

Would that be so that the horse doesn't get disturbed during his preparation for the Melbourne Cup?

Or has he moved him to Ballarat, but still takes him to Werribee to work?

TBV - where it is the Silly Season all year round.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 9:36am
This business with the strangles is reading like the young fella took it upon himself to act, rather than follow procedure.

News from racing.com

Statement from RV:

Originally posted by RV Stewards Report RV Stewards Report wrote:

The stewards have commenced an investigation into the circumstances which gave rise to the strangles infection, and the timing of the notification of the infection, or suspected infection, by Mr Cumani.  No further comment will be made on this investigation whilst it is being conducted.
The Insider View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 6:11pm
He has made a very serious mistake if he tried to keep it quiet. Could have shut down Ballarat. Rookie trainer
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 6:17pm
Don't think that is what happened
The Insider View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by deejays destiny deejays destiny wrote:

Really ??

The stewards have begun an investigation into the cause of the infection, and the timing of the notification of the infection, or suspected infection, by Cumani
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 10:53pm
From my understanding they only diagnosed the horse on the day the stewards were told, it had shown some symptoms for a couple of weeks but wasn't diagnosed until Wed/Thurs.
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 7:31am
Originally posted by The Insider The Insider wrote:

Originally posted by deejays destiny deejays destiny wrote:

Really ??

The stewards have begun an investigation into the cause of the infection, and the timing of the notification of the infection, or suspected infection, by Cumani

That's right, they have started an investigation. Leave it to one of the forum's resident know it alls to assume the outcome of said investigation.
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 8:06pm
I'm rather surprised that there has only been one reported case so far, as it is highly contagious and the impression was that the horse had had it for 2-3 weeks before diagnosed.

TBV - where it is the Silly Season all year round.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

From my understanding they only diagnosed the horse on the day the stewards were told, it had shown some symptoms for a couple of weeks but wasn't diagnosed until Wed/Thurs.
I would think that the investigation would focus on when/why the horses were moved into the other bloke's barn.

Perhaps there's a gap in the standard protocol, possibly exacerbated by the vacant vet position at HQ, and Matt is just the unlucky one to stumble across it.
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

I would think that the investigation would focus on when/why the horses were moved into the other bloke's barn.

Perhaps there's a gap in the standard protocol, possibly exacerbated by the vacant vet position at HQ, and Matt is just the unlucky one to stumble across it.

If that's the case, with RV investigating themselves, there'll be no negative outcome as far as those protocols go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>