Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tipping and Wagering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Rating the Corporates ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rating the Corporates ?
    Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 1:16pm
I have only ever bet with Ladbroakes and naturally the TAB.

Anybody with experience with other corporates could you give them all a rating and a brief summary of their positives and negative please, I wish to broaden my horizons.

If you could also post a link to the website that would also be appreciated.

How many corporates do we have in Australia ?

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 9:39pm
Must have posted this question in the wrong section of the forum.

reductio ad absurdum
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 11:48pm
Bet365 - screw prices up, ban winners easily (unless your a TBV poster it seems!)

Ubet - find them almost best for fixed late
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 7:32am
Sportsbet - like the website speed, user friendly, regularly have prices up early, easy to place multis (plenty of links here).

Ladbrokes - like the "pick the margin" option

TAB - don't really know how they generate dividends for their shareholders - just hopeless.

Luxbet (Tabcorp owned) - like exotics, so their "roving banker" option is easy to use.

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 1:14pm
Please only use the banners on this site (Thoroughbred Village) to access the bookies mentioned in this thread. That way I can help with any queries and/or exclusive offers. Please let me know if you want a bookie that is not listed on our site. I can probably still help you.

email; info@thoroughbredvillage.com.au

Cheers, Mayor
Mayor
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 2:43pm
Did somebody have a link to other bookmakers on this thread ?
reductio ad absurdum
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:38pm
Now that the sign up bonus is gone what good deals are there?
I’ve got a couple of Ks I want to get out of my BetEasy account. They’re a joke
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 1:36pm
Anecdotally sign up bonuses are not gone, just can’t be advertised as an inducement to sign up. Open up an account somewhere and just let it site for a while without depositing. There’s reportedly a good chance a deposit offer will appear at some point.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 1:44pm
Also if you haven't bet or deposited for a while(as little as weeks) they will offer deposit bonuses by email or phone. 
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Also if you haven't bet or deposited for a while(as little as weeks) they will offer deposit bonuses by email or phone. 

Does that apply to existing accounts? I’ve got a Ned’s that I haven’t touched for 6 months. Ditto Ladbrokes
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 6:44pm
Sounds like your just too good a punter Shrunk. They only entice those back with a solid losing history 😂
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 6:47pm
I have had offers from Ladbrokes and BetEasy in recent months on my inactive but operating accounts, both of which I took up for matched deposits.. BetEasy rang last night again, but I didn't answer. Likely get another offer by email shortly. They dont like the thought of you going elsewhere.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 6:53pm
Heard a statistic a few months back that 70% of TAB’s on-line Account customers are believed to have at least 2 other Corporate Accounts
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 6:53pm
Do all Corporate Bookies pay out on first across the line ?

Do any on course bookmakers payout on first across the line ?  
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 6:54pm
TAB dont
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Does that apply to existing accounts? I’ve got a Ned’s that I haven’t touched for 6 months. Ditto Ladbrokes

Whenever I run out or down to a few $$$, Ladys email an offer so I reply "make it xyz & I'll accept". They're always happy to comply Wink They love overall losers LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Ring them up and ask. Say you haven’t used your account for a while and wanted to know if they can match a deposit so you can come back and use them again. They will go off and ask the higher ups and you’ll know within a few minutes. If you have shown any evidence that you might be hard for them to beat then don’t expect anything.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 8:14pm
Ladbrokes annoy the crap out of me. Made the mistake of having a few goods wins early days & they have never forgiven me. Limit a lot of my sports bets. Then they send me questionnaires why i never use them - i tell them - then they give me a poxy deposit match - & straight away get limited again on sport (no problems racing). What really bugs me though is depositing money to have a bet - then cant get set - & you cant withdraw it again so you end up punting on something just to turn it over. Crazy thing is i am a cash cow for other Corporates - & dopey old Ladbrokes think they are being clever cherry picking what they let me bet on - which means i dont use them at all anymore regardless of the offers. Little wonder they are the bottom feeders of the Corporates in this country
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 8:56pm
^^^^^that surprises me.

A couple of times,I’ve lost my head and deposited money into a limited account to have a sports bet, and they’ve let me on for literally a few dollars.

On all occasions, I’ve rung them and told them to either set me,or refund me.
Always get a no hassle(apart from actually having to ring) refund.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:01pm
Never rung them - shouldn't have to
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Never rung them - shouldn't have to
I mean seriously - they have all the sophisticated software / filters in the world too manage customers - yet cant see when money has been deposited for a bet only to be limited. Not fair dinkum.
spinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 10:11am
ICAC SHOULD INVESTIGATE ALL CORPORATES.
Sportsbet, gelati company, take away promos if you win or even if you use the boosts and loose if you back shorteners. Grubs that should be banned dangling carrots to losing punters and restricting winners.  
NEDS, gelati company, take away promos if you win or even if you use the boosts and loose if you back shorteners. Grubs that should be banned dangling carrots to losing punters and restricting winners.  
PLAYUP, gelati company, take away promos if you win or even if you use the boosts and loose if you back shorteners. Grubs that should be banned dangling carrots to losing punters and restricting winners.  
UNIBET, gelati company, take away promos if you win or even if you use the boosts and loose if you back shorteners. Grubs that should be banned dangling carrots to losing punters and restricting winners.  
BET365, gelati company, take away promos if you win . Grubs that should be banned dangling carrots to losing punters and restricting winners.
LADBROKES, gelati company, take away promos if you win or even if you use the boosts and loose if you back shorteners. Grubs that should be banned dangling carrots to losing punters and restricting winners.  
ALL CORPORATES ARE GRUBBY WEAK TAKERS, THEY ARE NOT BOOKMAKERS THEY ARE SHEEP. IMO 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 10:56am
Pretty fair summary there Spinner. Typifies the nature of the game. Almost impossible to be a long-term consistent winning "punter". If your good enough to get a consistent edge your next challenge is to get someone to let you get a bet on. Worst thing you can ever do is have a few decent wins early on a new account - especially if you have happened to cherry pick a top price. I think your individual experience with the different Corporates really comes down to your profit/loss for each one. I find bet365 the best, followed by Sportsbet. Although i'm sure if i had a massive winning long-term run with either they would also start restricting me. Good luck anyhow.
spinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 12:12pm
What gelatis me is i had a good crack at one with the boost, not a massive bet as they always bragging about big bets. $500 boosted from $5 to $6 and it lobs, then my boost is removed. The fluctuations were $6 into $4.80 then back out to $6 prior to jump so they could have laid off if the bet was a risk. Just no method to their madness. They are not bookmakers, the way they follow like sheep is one crazy way to operate.   
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:53am

Follow the losers is the name of their game spinner.

Their records , even on the family pets would astound you.

Edited by Gay3 - 25 Feb 2020 at 12:29pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 9:56am
Take a good tip.

Open a Bank account, and be your own Bookie .
spinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Take a good tip.

Open a Bank account, and be your own Bookie .

If i layed everything i thought would win, i might just win. Cry
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 3:50pm
Or back the ones you lay.

Wouldn't that line be a gift for "ad-libs" hahahahaha
Bluey View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 5:39pm
Hi Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I just noticed it and thought I would bring it everyone's attention. I reckon it is an illegal practice and should be stamped out . Example is This Friday night M Valley Race 3 field of 14.  10 Starters  4 em.   MARKET SET WITH 14 RUNNERS.    You back say no 5 Overkill at 3.60.  Then emergencies come out . Do they take out deductions .   Say the emergencies are shorties . That 3.60 jets hammered..even though the true chance of them getting a run is virtually
zip.   So the betting agencies are on a winner before race even starts.  Now hear is the kickker...in form guides of the majors no mention that runners 11 12 13 14  are emergencies. to trap people in to backing runner 1 to 10  and then taking a large chuck back in deductions.,if the can get a runner or two scratched.
spinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 3:11pm
grow some you stinky corporates, one in all in. If your restricting punters you should shut shop. weak grubs. 
is there a corp that doesn't just follow betfair even when there is two bob on offer, oh its $4.20 and someones matched $5 so the corps wind in. Need a real bookmaker to make a stand and offer everyone a level playing field. There is not one prepared to do so. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>