Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Cardinal Pell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 119>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I am aware of those arguments, 1-1, I know nothing about God or Gods, but I'm certain death is not necessarily the end. And I know nought about how that can be.

just what exactly has an 'afterlife' got to to with God or not believing in God...surely they can be exclusive of each other..?
Panspermia.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

I am aware of those arguments, 1-1, I know nothing about God or Gods, but I'm certain death is not necessarily the end. And I know nought about how that can be.

just what exactly has an 'afterlife' got to to with God or not believing in God...surely they can be exclusive of each other..?
I don't know, what you say may be right.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 1:39pm

Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

What about theists? 
I take no notice of people who expound on what God may be. If you could describe or delineate God, you would be God ! But the "other realm" is a certainty, I have had that proven to me. Therefore I regard people like Hawking and dawkins who insist this life is the "end of the line", as frauds pretending non-existent knowledge. It is a poor reflection on the world of science that they have been virtually silent in the face of this unscientific clap-trap, especially Hawking's. Yes, he is a little pr1ck stuck in a wheelchair, let's cut him some slack. Pig's rse to that ! He says the laws of nature allow the universe to arise spontaneously. So far king what ? What "allows" the laws of physics to exist ? It is a matter of psychological interest that so many lap this rubbish up.

So you want to call others as arrogant or deluded, yet you say with 100 percent surety that what you experienced was the other realm???? How can you possibly be sure?
  What I have witnessed left me with nowhere else to go, sub. I manfully tried to find the "rational" explanations, but it was overwhelmed by the evidence. This world is very different to what most people imagine.I don't know that I am comforted by that knowledge, either. The world is full of people that are supremely confident they know I'm wrong. I can only say, stay in a state of doubt, it is the only scientific thing to do !

So you think you saw a ghost, a ghost of your mother to be exact...and that makes those who don't believe in God all fools...that's some fairly incredible connecting of dots..???

Confused

I've never seen any ghosts.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 2:15pm
I am not a prude but can we get the name of this thread changed. Its not very becoming of the forum if you ask me.

Yes I know nobody asked me.........
reductio ad absurdum
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 4:17pm
Why. Is lowlife scumbag  too nice?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 4:26pm
The reason why is in my post.
reductio ad absurdum
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 6:31pm

So explain then what this 'event' was that convinced you there is life after death, and please if you can tell us why it's connected to Atheism being wrong...

Panspermia.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 6:43pm

So explain then what this 'event' was that convinced you there is life after death, and please if you can tell us why it's connected to Atheism being wrong...

There's no afterlife in atheism, one could reject theism and still believe in an afterlife though.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 6:45pm
ABBOTT,ABETZ and BERNARDI have donated 5k each,for the cause.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 7:23pm

Too many to mention, fiddles. Could be upwards of a hundred. Some repeated many times, and I do not understand the meaning of. Some of it would be classed perhaps as "poltergeist" activity. I also have to conclude that our thoughts are not private, nor necessarily even our own.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 7:30pm
Why has this thread turned into an argument about religion vs atheism? Maybe because that's what the whole pell scapegoating is really about for the likes of tim minchin? If he cared about the victims and justice being done he wouldn't want any attention seeking stunt from an ignorant lollipop interfering with the process. He's just muddied the water.

I can tell you from experience that yes, pell has a pretty off-putting superiority complex and a detachment from people he considers below his intellect etc, which has kept him living in a bubble for years. It's quite likely that he is innocent of all the accusations being thrown at him. It's a (big) circle of sicko priests who live double lives that should be being investigated, rather than just scapegoating pell. Even the victims have said that.

I can also tell you FWIW that he has been very sick for months, not to mention the stress he is under from all of this. I'm not sure what coming to oz would achieve any way? He can give evidence from rome, and probably more effectively.

Pell is a bit of a twit, but the real "scumbags" are not being called out.

Just my 2 cents.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 7:46pm
association and covering up paedophilia is no different to being a perpetrator as far as I'm concerned...

Pell deserves everything being slung at him...

as does Hollingworth...who, at least, turned up...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Why has this thread turned into an argument about religion vs atheism? Maybe because that's what the whole pell scapegoating is really about for the likes of tim minchin? If he cared about the victims and justice being done he wouldn't want any attention seeking stunt from an ignorant lollipop interfering with the process. He's just muddied the water.

I can tell you from experience that yes, pell has a pretty off-putting superiority complex and a detachment from people he considers below his intellect etc, which has kept him living in a bubble for years. It's quite likely that he is innocent of all the accusations being thrown at him. It's a (big) circle of sicko priests who live double lives that should be being investigated, rather than just scapegoating pell. Even the victims have said that.

I can also tell you FWIW that he has been very sick for months, not to mention the stress he is under from all of this. I'm not sure what coming to oz would achieve any way? He can give evidence from rome, and probably more effectively.

Pell is a bit of a twit, but the real "scumbags" are not being called out.

Just my 2 cents.

Song is about raising money for the victims to asssit in their cases Stayer and to fly them to Rome. He's not making a cent.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 8:05pm
Meshel Laurie(principally) and Gorgi Coghlan started a campaign in Ballaratt last week, to raise funds to help send a group of 15 victims to London who wanted  to be present at Pell's evidence so that he didn't not have the pressure of victims facing him. Minchin is a friend of Lauries and offered to throw something together quickly if it would help, he being a long time supporter of the victims and the commission. All proceeds go to the GoFundMe program.  
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 8:50pm
Yeah I know that but really, was it the right way to raise money? Will it help or muddy the waters? Will it make it look like pell is a victim of a bandwagon/ mob mentality etc, rather than letting things run their course the right way?

I can understand the victims wanting to be present when he testifies, and I like the idea of using the money to build some kind of healing centre in ballarat, which certainly has an ugly past.

Just a couple of points -
I remember reading the testimony of a retired priest who was asked if pell had told him "X has been rooting boys again," and, apart from saying that he'd never concelebrated a mass with pell (as the person making the claim said), he said that pell simply didn't speak that way and that he "never had a great relationship with pell" and they only met on social occasions. That's what I was saying above - pell is so aloof that it's quite possible he was living in a bubble and was told nothing. So all the "associating with and covering up" stuff might not be true. Can you see what I mean?
Also, it seems to have been glossed over that ridsdale said "I have never said that he bribed me."

I really do think pell is being scapegoated, and a lot of creeps who know what really went on are probably laughing.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:34pm

Too many to mention, fiddles. Could be upwards of a hundred. Some repeated many times, and I do not understand the meaning of. Some of it would be classed perhaps as "poltergeist" activity. I also have to conclude that our thoughts are not private, nor necessarily even our own.

You're starting to sound like Hollywood now with all this obtuse nonsense, just come out with it, what have you experienced and give the details, we are all adults here, why the cryptic charade..?
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:49pm

You're starting to sound like Hollywood now with all this obtuse nonsense, just come out with it, what have you experienced and give the details, we are all adults here, why the cryptic charade..?
A puzzling one that has occurred numerous times is the appearance of match-sticks, usually but not always overnight, sometimes in precise patterns, and sometimes split lengthwise. Usually when I am the only one in the house, but not always. Stops for a time then recurs. Something similar has happened in the home of a close relative. Even after she carefully hid the (distinctive) matches in a linen cupboard, thinking she was being pranked. I have wracked my brain to no result, as to what the message is.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:54pm
message from who..??
Panspermia.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 9:58pm
sounds more like aliens..

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 10:03pm
Didn't Houdini smoke ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 10:13pm
I can't be sure, fiddles, but the first occurrence was within days of my mother's death. Still continues. In a great variety of manifestations. One one occasion a set of casement windows shook and rattled so violently it seemed certain it must break the glass, I advanced toward the window to see what the hell was there, it stopped abruptly and the curtains swayed noticeably, parallel to the wall. But the windows were intact, and closed. No wind. Inexplicable. This was repeated some months later, with the other set of windows, in the same room. The curtains swayed along the wall, the window was closed. I don't understand the message there either, but in many cases the message has been clear. One night before I had an appointment to have a wisdom tooth extracted, the ache was keeping me awake, half asleep I reached for some aspirin, a smoke alarm in the room then sounded before I could swallow them. The meassage was clear to me, do not take the aspirin ! The pulling of the tooth was problematic, and the bleeding was heavy. It settled down, but started bleeding again at night. I was about to go to hospital I was bleeding so much, when it finally abated. Aspirin is a blood thinner, I'd have finished in hospital for sure if I'd taken the aspirin. Electronic devices emitting their distinctive sounds at uncanny moments, sometimes when not even switched on or connected to power, has occurred many times. Usually when talking to others, and the deceased is mentioned !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 11:13pm

I can't be sure, fiddles, but the first occurrence was within days of my mother's death. Still continues. In a great variety of manifestations. One one occasion a set of casement windows shook and rattled so violently it seemed certain it must break the glass, I advanced toward the window to see what the hell was there, it stopped abruptly and the curtains swayed noticeably, parallel to the wall. But the windows were intact, and closed. No wind. Inexplicable. This was repeated some months later, with the other set of windows, in the same room. The curtains swayed along the wall, the window was closed. I don't understand the message there either, but in many cases the message has been clear. One night before I had an appointment to have a wisdom tooth extracted, the ache was keeping me awake, half asleep I reached for some aspirin, a smoke alarm in the room then sounded before I could swallow them. The meassage was clear to me, do not take the aspirin ! The pulling of the tooth was problematic, and the bleeding was heavy. It settled down, but started bleeding again at night. I was about to go to hospital I was bleeding so much, when it finally abated. Aspirin is a blood thinner, I'd have finished in hospital for sure if I'd taken the aspirin. Electronic devices emitting their distinctive sounds at uncanny moments, sometimes when not even switched on or connected to power, has occurred many times. Usually when talking to others, and the deceased is mentioned !

All probably readily explainable imo...

Juno is closer to the mark if you want to talk about other entities..

Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 11:25pm

All probably readily explainable imo...

Juno is closer to the mark if you want to talk about other entities..

Not a chance. That is a small sample of the total, some of it is just mind bending, to the extent that I have even come to doubt that our thoughts originate from within. We are not the doers.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 11:28pm
Max you do realize some atheists believe in ghosts and souls?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 11:30pm
This ghost appears to have God-like prescience.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 11:33pm
And unlike ghosts, perhaps, appears unconstrained by location, inexplicable occurrences having occurred to others of the family, hundred of kilometres away.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 11:35pm
Sorry Max, thats not proof of a god.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:36am

Confused

Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 9:50am
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Sorry Max, thats not proof of a god.
It is proof to me of the existence of the 'beyond', which is front and centre of all the major religions. I am not in the business of "proving" Gods. Though I'm pretty confident it is a fool's game to think it even possible. And the game of asserting (like Hawking and Dawkins) that there is no God, rank fraudulence.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 9:52am

Confused

No, never seen any wispy white ghosts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 119>