Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Black Heart Bart

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Another Group 1 for Vic well done BHB, good win

horse is bred in WA (as I have said many times).
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 5:49pm

Another Group 1 for WA, well done BHB, good win

The old parochialist strikes again!
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 5:56pm
By Blackfriars and 24 of his 32 starts have been in WA.

I'm with Jamal......good on the West Aussie horse.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 5:57pm
Realise you're only having as dig Afros, however personally just love Jamal's passion for WA 
home-breds. Star
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 6:09pm
As i have said many many MANY times, if a horse is bred in WA then it is a WESTERN AUSTRALIAN horse. Yes Black Heart Bart may be trained in Victoria but he bred and foaled in WA. Lets get that straight people.

There have been many WA horses that I have used as examples (again done this many many times) that were bred in WA but have run in the east, it still makes them a WA horse. It really is as simple as that.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 6:40pm
WA/VIC/BLAH

Was a moral today
vaopoaljsie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vaopoaljsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 6:43pm
I don't care where it comes from, it won end of story
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:32pm

As i have said many many MANY times, if a horse is bred in WA then it is a WESTERN AUSTRALIAN horse. Yes Black Heart Bart may be trained in Victoria but he bred and foaled in WA. Lets get that straight people.

There have been many WA horses that I have used as examples (again done this many many times) that were bred in WA but have run in the east, it still makes them a WA horse. It really is as simple as that.

Yes but you claim everything you can, bred in WA trained elsewhere you claim as WA, trained WA bred elsewhere you claim as WA, I don't mind pride in ones local area but yours is just parochialism at its worst, any slight link to WA and you bang on about how great WA racing is...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:34pm
Give it a rest Afros.  Please.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:34pm
leave Jamal alone, he's a proud perth boy and has every right to be proud of his WA horses
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by tillyras tillyras wrote:

leave Jamal alone, he's a proud perth boy and has every right to be proud of his WA VIC horses
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:46pm
Black Heart Bart is the Bill Lawry of racing.

A VICTORIAN !!!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:47pm
Er, thought Bill was bred and born in Vic.  Confused
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:50pm
He was.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:55pm
***News Flash***

It has been reported that Weir has done that great a job and the horse loves Vic so much that they are considering a name change to;

'Black Hart Victorian Bart'

crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:55pm
Magic Millions

Bart Brilliant in Group One Memsie
Western Australian bred and owned star Black Heart Bart added a second win at racing's elite level when he stormed to victory in the Group One Memsie Stakes (1400m) at Caulfield.
A Group One winner over 1200 metres at his previous preparation, Black Heart Bart will now be aimed at the weight-for-age championship of Australasia where he could face Australia's best, Winx.

Black Heart Bart's connections are keen for trainer Darren Weir to aim the gelding at the Cox Plate in October and the master trainer said he would give his latest star every opportunity to get there.

Jockey Brad Rawiller was able to give the popular elect a lovely run in transit and after switching to the outside of runners shortly after straightening the result was never in doubt.

"It couldn't have worked out any better," Rawiller said post-race. "This horse was first up today and he's got a different sort of a preparation this time."

"Wow... when I let him down he was awesome," Rawiller added.

Black Heart Bart, sent out the even money favourite with bookmakers, cruised home to beat Rising Romance ($17) by a length and a quarter, while fellow Magic Millions graduate Mahuta ($8) was brave, finishing third, two and a quarter lengths further back after racing on a hot speed.

"He's been a great horse for the stable," a delighted Darren Weir said. "I've got to thank the owners - Kim and the crew for sending him over to us."

"He's a pretty straight forward horse to train and that's the way he races. He gives his all and it was a great win today."

"The plan was to be either one, one or one, two - he landed in the one, two with the hot speed. He built into it great and I loved the way he went through the line."

"The owners are very keen to go the Cox Plate so we'll follow a path to that. Kim (Renner, part owner) said if you're not happy along the way and you want to deviate, we're happy with that.

A son of champion Western Australian sire Blackfriars, Black Heart Bart is turning out another incredible value buy from the Magic Millions Perth Yearling Sale.

He was offered at the 2012 edition of the auction and was purchased by senior part owner Kim Renner from the draft of Lakeside Thoroughbreds for $20,000.

As it stands his incredible record reads out at 13 wins and 11 placings from just 32 starts and earnings of over $2.28 million.

A winner of the Group One The Goodwood in Adelaide at his last preparation before a gutsy second in the Stradbroke Handicap, Black Heart Bart is one of the country's most talented and consistent gallopers.

He proved his class in Perth early in his career when he won a string of feature races including the Group Two Lee Steere Stakes among eight black type success in his home state.

Black Heart Bart is one of three winners produced by the city winning At Talaq mare Sister Theresa, a winner of six races from 1000 to 2100 metres.

One of her daughters, the unraced Falbrav mare Rebel Sister is the dam of Perth based stakes winners Rebelson and Rebel King.
This space has been intentionally left blank
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

***News Flash***

It has been reported that Weir has done that great a job and the horse loves Vic so much that they are considering a name change to;

'Black Hart Victorian Bart'

ha ha - yes. Very good mate.

Definitely a VIC.  Best thing from WA = Gina
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 8:04pm
Lol.....Rhinebart.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

Lol.....Rhinebart.

Ha ha - thats even better!

I reckon she may even call herself a Victorian!
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Yes but you claim everything you can, bred in WA trained elsewhere you claim as WA, trained WA bred elsewhere you claim as WA, I don't mind pride in ones local area but yours is just parochialism at its worst, any slight link to WA and you bang on about how great WA racing is...

I'd like you to go and find where it says in writing that I say WA racing is great. I never said that, I'm only saying WA horses, not WA racing, in fact I have said a few time that WA racing is not good but it produces on the odd occasion good horses that goes east.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 5:56am
Ok maybe I've overstretched the truth a bit however your parochialism in claiming the slighest link to WA as making a horse a WA horse has become as dull as dishwater! Be it WA bred, trained or even just owned or part owned, as soon as one does well 'over east' it's money back odds you'll be on here within the hour banging on about how good is it to see this WA horse do well...

I find some of your posts interesting (MC winner of the week is always well researched and enjoyable) however the blind parochial claiming of anything you can grab as a WA horse is excruciatingly dull...
Slammington View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 11:22am
What do you think the programme for BHB ought to be leading to the Cox Plate? I would have thought they would want to try him at WFA over 1600-1800 to see how he goes stretched out in distance. Races like the Makybe Diva, George Main in Sydney or Underwood would probably be the go.

No point going to races like the Toorak as he will be lumped with a massive weight and if beaten you wouldn't know if it was the weight or the trip. As a left field option the George Main wouldn't be a bad play. He gets to go up in trip at WFA and also see if he can handle Winx. Though if not it is hard to see much of a plan B for him because he does not appear to be a pure 1200m sprinter (i.e. Manikato / Darley) and all of the big 1400-1600m races are handicaps.

Cheers
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Slammington Slammington wrote:

What do you think the programme for BHB ought to be leading to the Cox Plate? I would have thought they would want to try him at WFA over 1600-1800 to see how he goes stretched out in distance. Races like the Makybe Diva, George Main in Sydney or Underwood would probably be the go.

No point going to races like the Toorak as he will be lumped with a massive weight and if beaten you wouldn't know if it was the weight or the trip. As a left field option the George Main wouldn't be a bad play. He gets to go up in trip at WFA and also see if he can handle Winx. Though if not it is hard to see much of a plan B for him because he does not appear to be a pure 1200m sprinter (i.e. Manikato / Darley) and all of the big 1400-1600m races are handicaps.

Cheers

The plan will be to keep him away from Winx if possible so scratch the George Main. He will go Makybe Diva + Underwood + Caulfield Stakes.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:07pm
Magnificent looking beast
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:19pm
Delighted with the result but huge run from Bart. Gee it looked like Ollie went early. Sitting shot.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:23pm
I was pulling his tail, begging Ollie not to go but I don't think he could help it when Rising Romance flushed him out. He looked to then tow him up to the lead. Race was over when that happened as he was a sitting shot.
Sunline...simply supreme
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Delighted with the result but huge run from Bart. Gee it looked like Ollie went early. Sitting shot.

Yeah I reckon Ollie went a tad too early too, probably should of let BHB rip with 300m but instead let BHB rip with 400m to go.

Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 3:08pm

Weir said he had no hesitation in pushing ahead with a Cox Plate campaign with Black Heart Bart despite his loss in the Maybe Diva Stakes (1600m) yesterday at Flemington.

He noted that if stablemate Palentino, who has now won two G1s at Flemington over 1600 metres, wasn’t in the race, Black Heart Bart would have won convincingly and there would be no talk about any distance queries with him.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 4:38pm
In 20 minutes we'll know if he can run the trip or not.

I think he can do it.

He'll be winning
This space has been intentionally left blank
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 4:59pm
No query that distance. Bring on Winx.

Can he beat her??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>