Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Black Heart Bart

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 7:56pm
I didn’t see any issue with his comments.
He thanked the young girl who straps him for looking after him.
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 8:08pm
Agree.  Imo the earlier post represented a clear misinterpretation of Smith's post-race comments.
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 8:45pm
I was in a pub and couldn’t quite hear the interview, so could be wrong, but did Smith say that he bought 50% of BHB before taking him on to train?
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 8:52pm
Still listed as the original owners
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 8:54pm
"I done a deal with the owner & we went 1/2 stakes"
Interview here with Lindsay, comment in the last few seconds.
https://www.racing.com/form/2019-09-29/caulfield
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 10:09pm

Black Heart Bart wound back the clock and made it a triumphant return from retirement with a stunning win in today's Group One $750,000 Underwood Stakes (1800m) at Caulfield.
At his third run since a surprise comeback to the track, Black Heart Bart showed he still has a strong thirst for racing and in a driving finish the 100/1 elect held out the warm favourite Homesman strongly.

Today's Group One victory continued the dream start for the new Warrnambool training base for master Perth horseman Lindsey Smith.

Smith was hopeful leading into the Underwood Stakes with the son of Blackfriars after an eighth in the Memsie Stakes and an eleventh to Begood Toya Mother in the Sir Rupert Clarke starts eight days ago.

"He's obviously a grand old horse," Smith said. "I thought he was in a bit of trouble (for his career) last start but the jockey was very confident that he would run a big race today."

"We thought getting him to 1800 (would be better) so he wasn't chasing all the time - it was a good result. It was a bit unexpected I must say."

"It's great for the owner who copped a bit of flack and he got his reward today," Smith added.

It was an emotional win for jockey Brad Rawiller who has ridden Black Heart Bart to many of his biggest wins.

"A master training effort," Rawiller said of Lindsey Smith's efforts with the comeback warrior.

"I've won a Golden Slipper and a Caulfield Cup and never looked like getting teary and I am nearly in tears," Rawiller added.

Black Heart Bart, a spritely nine-year-old bred by Scenic Lodge, was a $20,000 buy from the 2012 Magic Millions Perth Yearling Sale for senior part owner Kim Renner from the draft of Lakeside Thoroughbreds.

Now a six time Group One winner, Black Heart Bart has sent his career earnings soaring past $4.46 million.

Today's victory was the second in the Group One Underwood Stakes for Black Heart Bart after winning the race in 2016. He also won a Memsie Stakes and The Goodwood earlier that year and a CF Orr Stakes and Futurity Stakes in the autumn of 2017.

Black Heart Bart is one of three winners produced by the four time metropolitan winning At Talaq mare Sister Theresa - a half sister to multiple Group One winner Savannah Success, the dam of Cox Plate winning sire Savabeel.

Rebel Sister, one of Black Heart Bart's unraced half sisters, is the dam of $900,000 earner Rebel King and his stakes performed brother Rebel Knight and stakes winning half brother Rebelson.
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 10:32pm
It's getting to be like men's tennis, always expecting the young stars to emerge and take over but they never do.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 11:12am
Was there ever anything really wrong with him? BHB @ $100, that’s juicy 🤔🤑
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 11:24am
He had really bad feet.
"Go Hard or Go Home”
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 2:04pm
I hope gay3 put a few dollars on ,    She gave him plenty of coverage in the past .

What a shock though ,     
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 2:23pm
Sadly I didn't, having backed his 2 prevoius runners for zilch!! Worse still, having done form for the 1st 4 races the previous night & come up with 2/4/9/10 as selections R4, discarded 4 the $71 winner as being too long to be a chance LOL
What chance another WA horse later on at an even bigger price? Cry Pretty pathetic really considering good priced winners & exotics are my specialty Ouch

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 3:16pm
His feet problems have been well documented & having checked out his FB page, am astounded by the deterioration from July 25 '18 when they appear to be rather tight & well balanced to November 24 showing the 'typical' TB soup plates i.e. flared, flat soled & badly lacking heels.
This is clearly poor management, nothing to do with the old 'genetics' excuse so often trotted out.
His retirement & new trainer certainly had time (10months) to correct & grow an entirely new capsule.

If someone's able to enlarge them, go for it! I've spent ages experimenting already LOL
Disclaimer that I know photos can lie/distort so could be making false assumptions.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 3:27pm
The extended break did him the world of good.
"Go Hard or Go Home”
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 4:27pm
I cant find the post as I cbf going back through the pages but someone did say this was "cruel" etc making BHB race again. Lindsay Smith did say he will not race if he wasnt 100% and now this is proof.

So happy for the old boy.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 4:44pm
Great to see BUB winning. Sadly though 1st,2nd and 4th were 9 yr olds. That tells me what I and a small amount of others have said for a few years now and that is that there is no depth in Aussie middle distance WFA racing. It's sad. But Australian racing can make their bed and now they can lie in it. That's what happens when they become obsessed with speed speed speed. Sad to see.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 11:37am
Forgive us Bartman for not picking you in the comp.
Have a safe great run!
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 12:44pm
Hope he runs last but stays sound, maybe get a peaceful retirement, double for KWD at his next start 😊🤞🙏
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 4:56pm
Awesome performance again by BHB to run 2nd.

What a fantastic warhorse & great to see him back from retirement & in top form 👏👏.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 5:00pm
Old Bart, I love him
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 2:07am
Would it be fair to say Lindsay is a better trainer than Darren?

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 9:10pm
New Zealand Bloodstock
Black Heart Bart Wins Second NZB Caulfield WFA Championship 🏆🖤

A close second placing in Saturday’s A$1 million Ladbrokes Caulfield Stakes (2000m) has confirmed Black Heart Bart (Blackfriars) as a two-time winner of the New Zealand Bloodstock Caulfield WFA Championship.

The outstanding galloper won his first NZB Caulfield WFA Championship title in the spring of 2016, when he was at the peak of his powers and won the Group One Memsie Stakes (1400m) and Underwood Stakes (1800m).

All the keyboard warriors went to town on him for not being able to enjoy retirement. They certainly have gone quiet now. The Warhorse has returned bigger than ever. 👌🏇🔥💪

Now a nine-year-old, he has made a remarkable comeback during the 2019 NZB Caulfield WFA Championship, winning the Underwood Stakes (1800m) at 100-to-one odds and following it up with a gallant second in Saturday’s Caulfield Stakes.

The Lindsey Smith-trained marvel finishes with a total of 19 points, five clear of Hartnell (Authorized). Mystic Journey (Needs Further), Scales of Justice (Not a Single Doubt) and the Caulfield Stakes winner Cape of Good Hope (Galileo) tie for third with 10 points each.

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 9:22pm
Great work BHB.
I saw the owners gave the prize (necklace worth $15,000) to his strapper Maddie.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 2:29pm
I see they’re considering a Cox Plate start.
If they do, will have to pay $200,000 late acceptance fee.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 2:58pm
Madness to fork out $200k for a late entry. He’d need to run top 4 to make a profit, or 5th to break even.

If they want to run on Cox Plate day, wouldn’t the Crystal Mile WFA 1600m be more suitable anyway?
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 3:22pm
He's picked up $632k his last 2 starts. They're fine covering the fee and seem to have him going well.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 3:10pm
Down to run first up R8 at Ascot today
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 3:28pm

He's been labeled the John Farnham of the Australian racing industry and for the third time veteran Black Heart Bart is set to begin his 'final campaign'.

It's been confirmed the now six-time Group 1 winner will complete his last preparation in Western Australia, starting on Saturday in the G3 Amelia Park Roma Cup (1200m) at Ascot.

The nine-year-old was first retired in October 2018 before moving stables from Darren Weir to Lindsey Smith for a five-start spring campaign last year that included victory in the G1 Underwood Stakes (1800m).

The veteran then had unplaced runs this autumn in the G1 Futurity Stakes (1400m) and The All-Star Mile (1600m), and Smith says that while his best is certainly behind him, he's confident the fan favourite can claim another victory before ending his career with him.

"He'll have four more starts for me at 1200m, 1400m, 1600m and 2000m, starting this Saturday in the Roma Cup," Smith said.

"All his races will be over there and weight-for-age.

"He's doing well, he's fit and over those feet issues he's had. Obviously, his glory days are behind him but I'm hopeful he's still got another win in him.

"This Saturday look a pretty hot race, there's not too many options for him and it might be too short, but I'm expecting him to beat home at least half the field."

Black Heart Bart joins fellow G1 winners Vega Magic and Gatting in the field of 12 for Saturday's race
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 3:49pm
No rest for old BHB
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 8:51pm
Black Heart Bart ran last in today's G3 Roma Cup. His time has come...needs to be retired. He is an old horse. Not sure why they are continuing to race him. Hopefully this performance will spell the end to his career. He has had a good career including six eastern states Group 1s...now its time to retire.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 9:25pm
No matter the trainer, they've all stated his foot problems are over which in reality does not occur inside 2 years at best & whilst shod.
I fully agree retirement beckons, he's given his all
Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>