Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

MICHAEL WALKER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MICHAEL WALKER
    Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 2:28pm
Fun With Walker:  Gosh that was a good show.

Some believed him when he was near collapse on return.

Later,he fessed up.

Maybe he decided to save suing his foreman and Bruce Clark for slander.

It was all too funny.

Edited by Gay3 - 31 Dec 2015 at 2:06pm
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 2:41pm
Its a shame because the guy is a very good rider.

Just stop the poop show.

But Michael; all you need to do is ride out your mounts.

And stop looking at yourself on the screen.
Newtown Old Boy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newtown Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 2:45pm
I have a theory - the stupider the haircut the more chance you have of becoming a dressmaker.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 2:48pm
A grade douchebag. Can ride but he would never get on one of mine. Cant be trusted to ride your horse out to line. Only a matter of time before he does it in a Group 1 and gets done. Already butchered one in the spring last year by not riding it out.
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 3:07pm
Ridden one of my horses to two wins that has no change up in pace and needs vigourous riding from before the 400. I'll take the theatrics because he can ride and works out what a horse is capable of really quickly
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 3:10pm
Yep, he can ride. Just needs a bullocking every so often.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Sworn Revenge Sworn Revenge wrote:

Ridden one of my horses to two wins that has no change up in pace and needs vigourous riding from before the 400. I'll take the theatrics because he can ride and works out what a horse is capable of really quickly
When you listen to him being interviewed you realize that he is reasonably smart, for a jockey at least... 

But then he does to John Cena, you can't see me, hand wave to the camera and it pretty much sums him up...
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 5:28pm
I think you'll find that Sneck that it's John C O'Reilly's " Magic Man " character alongside Will Ferrell's " Ricky Bobby " from Talladega Nights - not that I actually care mind you
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 5:57pm
Pretty sure Cena did it first.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 7:10pm
John Cena - Now you see me, now you don't.
parisaffair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parisaffair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 9:41pm
$1000.00 Fine and that's enough of a penalty. MJW is not just a jockey he's a very good horseman.
harness racing...a bit of action after dark
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 10:19pm
He's just fortunate it won because if he loses a race in similar circumstances he will be looking at a very long holiday. Hopefully it has given him a wake up call.
The Barb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Barb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 10:23pm
I would take Walker and his occasional brain fades over the multitude of high profile jockeys who can barely ride. 

Very good jockey who can get them home at any price. 
The Black Demon
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 6:34am
Very good jockey imo. Don't mind the show pony stuff every now and again (within reason).

He's got a pretty good book of rides on Saturday too.

R3. Hell or Highwater
R4. Extra Choice
R5. Jacquinot Bay (going for 4 on the trott & has ridden him a treat)
R6. ??? might get the ride on Sumakaray
R7. Hong Kong Captain
R8. Spillway

HKC is probably his best for the day as it bet Profit Share last start and will get every chance to win from barrier 1.
There's probably a win or two for him available on Saturday & I'll have a crack at all of his rides, just in case he has a day out to pay for the fine.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 12:51pm
He did what was required of a jockey , got the horse to win, he was also good too his mount , did not overly punish it.    I don't think he ever really dropped his hands on it .   It may not have gone much better if he flogged it, the other one might be the better horse.    I don't know if that is the right thing to punish a winner.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by hatch hatch wrote:

He did what was required of a jockey , got the horse to win, he was also good too his mount , did not overly punish it.    I don't think he ever really dropped his hands on it .   It may not have gone much better if he flogged it, the other one might be the better horse.    I don't know if that is the right thing to punish a winner.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by parisaffair parisaffair wrote:

$1000.00 Fine and that's enough of a penalty. MJW is not just a jockey he's a very good horseman.

Agreed. But problem is that it isn't the first time.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 1:12pm

I think The Professor argued the same thing when Clear Day raced past a slowing Hyperno.

Didn't wash then either
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

I think The Professor argued the same thing when Clear Day raced past a slowing Hyperno.

Didn't wash then either

Had he got beat, certainly ,a penalty ,but not for winning , they are penalised for hitting them to much and for not enough.   He kept looking at the screen to see if he had to put more preasure on the horse ,he didn't ,he won, but maybe the 2nd horse lifted much better than he estimated it could .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 2:56pm
Yes, Yes and Yes.

But it was feigning some mental illness after the race that is the title of this thread.

He should have won the Oscar for his post race interview.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 2:56pm
Lol Hatch, he kept looking at the screen because he loves himself and is an arrogant douchebag. Why did he also salute to the big screen so far out Hatch? Please answer that.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 4:42pm
He estimated how much preasure he had to put on the horse to win , he got it right, did he get penalised for telling the media one thing and the stewards something different ?   I don't think so, I think he got it for not riding it out, wanted him to win by a bigger margin?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 4:50pm
You haven't seen the replay have you? If you have, as Sneck has suggested, you are simply a troll.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 4:58pm
In the days gone by ,the stewards would never penalise a rider unless he got beat, I believe that is fair.   Seems stupid to me to penalise a rider because the stewards thought he should have won by further .   No extra money for the owner or punter if it won by 20 lengths or a half head.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 5:00pm
I saw the replay , I did not see him try to slow his mount down or drop his hands .
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 5:05pm

In the days gone by ,the stewards would never penalise a rider unless he got beat, I believe that is fair.   Seems stupid to me to penalise a rider because the stewards thought he should have won by further .   No extra money for the owner or punter if it won by 20 lengths or a half head.

Its to prevent him from developing bad habits in order to protect the punter from him costing us a race in the future. How is that so hard ot grasp for you??
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Its to prevent him from developing bad habits in order to protect the punter from him costing us a race in the future. How is that so hard ot grasp for you??

His judgement proved to correct , only penalise heavily when they make a mistake and get beaten .    Crazy to penalise someone who has made the right decision .
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 5:26pm
I swear you are paid by the Mayor.....TBV's very own clickbait....
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 5:35pm
AR 137. Any rider may be penalised if, in the opinion of the Stewards, (a) He is guilty of careless, reckless, improper, incompetent or foul riding. [amended 1.3.05]

(b) He fails to ride his horse out to the end of the race and/or approaching the end of the race. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 6:00pm

I saw the replay , I did not see him try to slow his mount down or drop his hands .

you are blind. He got one beat in the Spring Carnival for doing the same thing.

You said yourself that he looked at himself in the camera.

You can't have it both ways.

You are a contradictory hypocrite at the best of times...sorry worst of times.

anyway, it is all the perception of the Stewards.

No the perception of blind hatch. Sitting on his couch; too fat and pished to move.

That is ALL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>