Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Competitions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2015 Yearling Selection Comp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 47>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:31am
And the Bernardini mouth watering colt also went to Saf.  So I couldn't have either of them. The other was the Redoute's relative of First Seal!  Still we still have easter to bring on that mouth watering type.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:48am
All above added except yours Gay.  Let me know when you decide.  You do mean the Street Boss-Teneales Pearl Whitt0?
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 9:23am
Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

Lot 621 Stratum /Zipstream for me thanks , I reckon Moody may buy ?

Also Lot 533 Canford Cliffs / Sorenstam, Thanks
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 9:36am

Lot 621 Stratum /Zipstream for me thanks , I reckon Moody may buy ?

Also Lot 533 Canford Cliffs / Sorenstam, Thanks

One last one for this sale ,
Lot 573 Foxwedge/ Toast of the Coast . Thank You
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 11:54am
Second Chance, are you taking the Starcraft/Merlene De Lago colt? (replace the one you lost in the 2014 comp)

Also, furious/Second Chance if you collect all the details I w ill run the updates as I do with the other yearling comps.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:30pm
Will take Lot 531 MP colt by Husson from Soorena $180k.

Won't be taking the Merlene De Lago colt Dizzy. Will speak with Gay and one of us will record all the purchases so you can set up the database.  And thanks again for doing so.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:39pm
Furious seems to be the one who's stoicly recording all our purchases & I'm happy to do the Black Book (I think Tongue) However I'm not sure how to keep 3 BB a/cs so each comp is easy for me to update without mixing up the horses Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Will take Lot 531 MP colt by Husson from Soorena $180k.

Won't be taking the Merlene De Lago colt Dizzy. Will speak with Gay and one of us will record all the purchases so you can set up the database.  And thanks again for doing so.

Furious I mean.  Embarrassed
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:08pm
Hi Dizzy If you and Gay message me you email addresses I can send what I've typed up at the end of the pickings.  I think the more of us that keep these the better.  I already managed to loose 1/2 the 2013 comp and had to retype!  Cutting and pasting into word before posting.  I think if I can email results or data base to you two it would be safer.  My posting doesn't seem to work with the files anyway.

So fay I have Second Chance with five lots.  Whitto with two.  Gay3 with three all from New Zealand.  BlackKnight with three (he's keeping with the original 1 from each sale), same with Campaspe.  I've got four.  Warri Symbol has one.  G1 Selections all six from NZ.  Daraabah has five.  Banjo two, ted three, Uluru two from NZ, Goldey five, Sworn Revenge two, Pmthiru three, Oritah three although I'll have to look up lot 504 as no details.  Dizzy has three.  So we are all over the place.
Vincent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:16pm
My final buy at MP.

Lot 595 colt by Medaglio D'Oro ex Very Discreet.  Hopefully cheap at $90k.  Just missed the live sale, hope Robbie G bought it. 
honi soit qui mal y pense
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:18pm
Hi Vincent.  That appears to be your first buy.  Have I missed some?
Daraabah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daraabah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:26pm
Premier 601, Bel Esprit ex Viva Dubai, $30k
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:31pm
I've taken out my cheap $7000 colt from the Classic and put in Helmet-Sunwise $80000.  Had to leave two for Sydney.  At least I get to look at them.
Daraabah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daraabah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:34pm
Can I take one of mine out as well?... am salivating over one at Easter but no buys left...don't know which one to leave out tho..
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:37pm
You should be able to until the comp finishes as some are just waiting to see before loading the lot.  You have five listed for $433K so just let me know and I'll knock out whichever you want.
Daraabah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daraabah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:44pm
Thanks Furious. I'm finding it hard to part with any of mine so will wait and see who buys the one I like at Easter and decide then. Cheers.
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:45pm
Lot 447 from Melbourne Premier - Hussonet ex Princess Delight colt
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 6:00pm
Hey Daraabah if it's only one you want you still have one spot anyway.  Your's is loaded Sworn Revenge.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 6:01pm
I'll take the Freedman bought half to Trust in the Gust lot 546 Master Of Design ex Subtle Breeze. Bloody pricey for a first season sire from Melbourne Premier but he's a cracking sort ( IMO )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 6:03pm
Thanks Furious. You'll see I've plumped for lot 546 as well. Reserves running low after that one!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 6:06pm
One thing you can say about the Redoute's type.  It is pleasing to the eye.  Obviously Master of Design has inherited as quite a few have been pricey.  I don't mind the Helmets either they look upright classy types.  Hope they can run also.  Gee next year is just full on for the first season sires.  Will be and interesting contest to say the least.
Daraabah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daraabah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Hey Daraabah if it's only one you want you still have one spot anyway.  Your's is loaded Sworn Revenge.

You must have missed one of mine, Furious. 
NZ lot 543
Classic Lots: 5, 396
Premier lots; 164, 266, 601
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 7:00pm
Folks it'd be appreciated if everyone could include the purchase price or reserve for their buys and thus save organisers the task of wading through the various sale results.

Cheers.
Ted View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 8:42pm
NZ lot 45 Mastercraftsman x Madeleine Noblet $230k
CL lot 113 Gio Ponti x Gosetgo $20k
CL lot 374 Lope De Vega x Saltator $75k
PR lot 160 Magnus x Flokkati $130k

Thanks Second Chance, Dizzy, Gay and furious
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 7:53am
Yep missed the 601.  And please number pedigree and price is a help as Second Chance says.  If passed in I'm taking the reserve.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 7:58am
furious, PM sent
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 8:26am
Got Dizzy.  Better a few of us keep this particularly as you and Gay have the loading technic and I'm well and truly in the dark.  Copy paste helped me delete 1/2 the file one time as I put it into word before loading and didn't realise what I'd done!
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 8:50am
What are the rules/budget /numbers etc ? I have a couple I missed at Melb Premier that would be keen to watch
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 9:00am
I think the rules are over the NZ, CS, MP, E, IG & S sales.  Just pick up to six for under $1,000,000.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 9:01am
So far a few have had one from each sale.  One picked all his in NZ.  Most of us have a few here and a few there with one or two left for Easter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 47>