Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Competitions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2015 Yearling Selection Comp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 47>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 8:37am
OK we need a NZ for Second Chance, Daraabah, Gay and Black Knight please.  I've put the PI at the reserve price.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 8:56am
Seems I need to answer the 'call to arms' so having had a quick look at those coming to Oz only (money Wink) & not checking others choices, mine are, in order:

642 Beneteau 45k
997 Cape Blanco  80k
762 Jimmy Choux  45k

Thanks furious, you're doing a super job, shout when/if you need me to do something Thumbs Up
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 9:01am
It's not obligatory to have a pick in every sale so I'll give Karaka a miss.

If no-one's answered Furious's query about pass-ins, you can take a lot at the pass-in price (or a later sale price as is sometimes the case following negotiation). 
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 9:04am
The only trouble is NZ is only listing the reserve price not the PI price!  The only price I have is the $70,000 reserve.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 9:06am
Bother Gay.  I seem to have one per sale or can you have more from one sale and less elsewhere.  Please let me know Second Chance and I can let Uluru have his second pick from NZ if he so desires.

Once the list is completed Gay I let you mark them down.  I don't seem to be above to load the graphs like Dizzy can.  With computers I'm a user and abuser but very basic.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 9:19am
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Bother Gay.  I seem to have one per sale or can you have more from one sale and less elsewhere. 

Could you please translate? Wink
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 9:29am
Guys the bottom line is that you have $1m to spend in any manner you like at the various sales.  So 2 at Karaka, none at premier, 3 at Easter or whatever.

If Karaka doesn't advise the passed-in price suggest the reserve be the "purchase price" at the sales.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 11:27am
Oh well, I'll have all my 3 then, they're nice cheapies LOL
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 1:06pm
The three above are in Gay.  And I've added your second Uluru.  Now there are six sales listed above.  Classic, NZ any, Melbourne Premier, Easter, Inglis Gold and Scone.  So that means up to six lots with the maximum total $1,000,000.  Now I know the details I will make less mistakes.  Once we finish if gay could let me know how to load Data bases I'll put it all on line and we all can keep our eyes open for names.  Your three are a nice price Gay hope they all get a city weekend win and you'll be sitting pretty.  Well maybe two wins for the Cape Blanco.
Ted View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 1:39pm
Good on you furious

With respect to passed-in lots, I suggest that you should be using the reserve price rather that the amount passed as the reserve price is what it would have taken to buy the horse (in theory anyway- reality is a bit dodgier )
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 2:27pm
Lot 640 I Am Invincible x Redscilla $32.5k
WarriSymbol View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriSymbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 12:35am
Classic Sale
Lot48
Pluck-Defying Gravity
Campaspe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campaspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 5:31pm
Classic Lot 136: Commands/How Discreet colt $42,500 (Griffiths)

I like that Pluck colt, Warri
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 6:05pm

The three above are in Gay.  And I've added your second Uluru.  Now there are six sales listed above.  Classic, NZ any, Melbourne Premier, Easter, Inglis Gold and Scone.  So that means up to six lots with the maximum total $1,000,000.  Now I know the details I will make less mistakes.  Once we finish if gay could let me know how to load Data bases I'll put it all on line and we all can keep our eyes open for names.  Your three are a nice price Gay hope they all get a city weekend win and you'll be sitting pretty.  Well maybe two wins for the Cape Blanco.

'Gay' is just the 'labourer' who copy/pastes what Dizzy (data base Queen) emails me Wink. I too hope the Cape Blanco goes especially well having been alerted privately that one of our members has taken a share already Smile. Thanks for all your tireless work furious Thumbs Up

Edited by Gay3 - 08 Feb 2015 at 6:06pm
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 6:36pm
I'll go for the I am Invincible - Chickasaw lot 9 $30,000.  Another one going to the West.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 6:43pm
Blast I've got to put in the El Ashb Stratum colt.  $7,000 is just too cheap.  Something obviously wrong but maybe good time in the paddock can clear it up.
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 7:22pm
NZ Karaka:

Lot 84: Jimmy Choux- My Parlay- 105K
Lot 96: Stravinsky- Octapussy- 180k
Lot 107: High Chaparral- Panama 20k (not sure why the price, beautifully bred and a nice enough type)
Lot 168: Jimmy Choux- Shadow Ray- 135K
Lot 335: Jimmy Choux-Cyclonic-80k
Lot 371: Hinchinbrook- Ennerdale- 130k

Went looking for a few nice High Chap's and ended up with 3 Jimmy Choux's!! The Jimmy (Cyclonic) going to Philip Stokes looks a cracker. Fell in love with lot 431 but too pricey considering he is staying in NZ.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 7:54pm
OK G1 I presume these are your six.  Well your well and truely below the $1,000,000 cut off.  
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 7:58pm
Total lots for G1 Selections come to $650,000. 
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 8:07pm
Yep thats it thanks furious
WarriSymbol View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriSymbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by WarriSymbol WarriSymbol wrote:

Classic Sale
Lot48
Pluck-Defying Gravity
$35,000
pmthiru View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmthiru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 10:45pm
Hello All,

I would like to tip the following as my entries please:

Lot 106: Dream Ahead (USA)/Fujisawa (GB)  $30k
Lot 122: I Am Invincible/Halo Halo  $85K
Lot 161: Star Witness/Jesterchine (NZ)  $57.5k

Thanks
PMT
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 11:29pm
Lot 10 from Classic Sale. Exceed & Excel out of China Jester. Bred to be fast and early and rate John Foote's eyes for bloodstock
Oritah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oritah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 12:04am
If I am not to late I will take the following lots from the classic sale :  

209 I am invincible /Location
258 Written Tycoon / Miss Emmyo

Do I need to put a $ value or is it the price achieved? 
Lawyer
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 9:31am
Hi Oritah so far as I know its just the price on sale or the reserve if not sold.  If you can list that as well when sold it saves me having to look everything up.  Thank you.  Pmthiru I really liked that Halo Halo good luck with him.  I'm just adding them into a data base so it's easer to remember what we all have.
Banjo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 12:37pm
Lot 238. Snitzel - Matinee    $40k
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 2:14pm
I just realised that Defying Gravity is one I picked as a weanling.  I'll be watching him too Warri Symbol.  That $40K was a good by also Banjo.  It makes you wonder what is the problem with some of these horses which have quite decent pedigrees.  The mares had two city winners.
Banjo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 3:41pm

I just realised that Defying Gravity is one I picked as a weanling.  .  That $40K was a good by also Banjo.  It makes you wonder what is the problem with some of these horses which have quite decent pedigrees.  The mares had two city winners.

She looks a spitting image of the half sister by Red Dazzler who can't win a prov. mdn I m speculating that Snitzel might make a difference
Banjo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Banjo Banjo wrote:

Lot 238. Snitzel - Matinee    $40k

Looks like this filly is going to China. Does eliminate her from the game  ?

If so I will take  Lot  130   Snippetson  -  High Achiever  $35k

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 8:10pm
OK I'll change for you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 47>