Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 54>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 1:38pm
Anyone been watching the Muhamad Ali series on SBS 8.30am Mondays. Probably old -but ive never seen it. Starts from when he was a kid. Third show last night started at the first Frazier fight. Few more to go I think
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 1:46pm
Ali really was savage the way he taunted his fellow fighters. A real conundrum. Frazier in particular copped plenty - esp considering he had a sympathetic ear for Ali during his suspension. That's what disappointed  Frazier the most - making out he was a slave to the white man all his life.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 1:48pm
Is that the Ken Burns doco series oneone? A former highly valued member here asked me the same thing this morning. You may be more alike than you ever imagined, Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 1:59pm
Yes that's correct - Ken Burns. Excellent show.

I thought i knew you who you were talking about - until you threw in the "highly valued" member description. Now I am at a total loss LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 2:11pm
I will keep you wondering then.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 2:13pm
Watched the 2021 series of Shetland over the last week or so. If you are a fan of the show it wont disappoint.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 8:28pm
Love Shetland but hubby can’t understand them, so I have limited access. Must admit you need to listen very carefully, unless you’re from the old country yourself.
 We absolutely love watching Yellowstone on Stan. Best modern cowboy series ever made, huge following. One day we watched it from 11am till 8pm, must of been bad weather LOL
Deadwood was good too, lawless frontier USA.
Any True Crime, bit hard to find though. 

“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 4:42pm
I too love it & have seen them all now Smile

I'll be recording this for later, looks good if this sort of thing interests you Big smile

ETA: Ooops.............SBS 8.30 - 9.30

Cher And The Loneliest Elephant
tells the incredible story in which superstar singer and actor Cher flies across the world during a raging pandemic to save a bull elephant from 35 years of suffered incarceration. This is a story of hope and dreams and testament to what we can achieve when working together. At a time when so many of us are feeling trapped in our own worlds, Kaavan's story is a beacon of joy and hope for us all.

Edited by Gay3 - 21 Dec 2021 at 5:07pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 3:02pm
Did anyone bother to watch this? If not for whatever reason it'll be on SBS On Demand (ads n all Shocked) & really is worth a watch.
Every step of the way seemed unsurmountable given the aggressive nature of Kaavan (man made), air transport availability, crate size/strenth, his training within 3wks, the fact it was 2020 (COVID heavy restrictions) & coming into must at the crucial time!
Incredible effort by all as well as the wonderful refuge in Cambodia, his now forever home. He's only 36yo so barely reached maturity.

Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 4:33pm
I did.
Amazing the mutual trust.
And that Cher would go to Pakistan during covid.
Have also watched the follow up where he has been released into the enclosed jungle.
A beautiful story.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 4:51pm
Thanks HS, I'll have a hunt for it unless you're able to link or point me in the direction Confused
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 5:07pm
    Cheers Thumbs Up

Edited by Gay3 - 22 Dec 2021 at 5:10pm
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 10:10am
We Are Lady Parts. Quite good. I forget where I saw it. Oh, Stan.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2021 at 4:11pm

CRIME SCENE: THE TIMES SQUARE KILLER

Netflix

Gruesomely interesting. Follows on from watching The Deuce a while back.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 4:16pm
 I am making a confession.

I have never watched 'I'm a celebrity, get me out of here' before now, mostly because the promo ads for it looked childish...and so did the hosts.

But the inclusion of Mr Nathan 'bedroom eyes' 'sexy smile' Buckley has me glued to the screen, especially when he strips off and has a wash. 

Yes...I am that shallow.

If I was twenty years younger..............Embarrassed 
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 9:28am
Who is Nathan Buckley  ???
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 11:09am
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Who is Nathan Buckley  ???

sacrilege...

life is not all NRL.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 2:41pm
Life is not all football either.
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 6:04pm
 I have virtually abandoned 'I'm a celebrity etc.'  Not enough of Nathan doing his ablutions. 

He was talking to Derek Pickett about the race problem at Collingwood, tonight. I caught it on the way through to watch another channel. Nathan looked so embarrassed, I cringed.

Can't we have any reality show without politics?

Can't wait for Aussie Survivor to start...with Queen Sandra...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 9:14am

Nine pays $2m for interview with Cleo Smith’s family

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 9:17am
But really, the parent's story is not that interesting. The interesting interview would be of the joker who took her. WTF were you playing at?

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 6:23am
I will be watching Muster Dogs(part one of four) tonight on ABC(dont be afraid patriots) 

Spanning the red earth of the Top End to the green pastures of regional Victoria, this four-part documentary series follows five Kelpie puppies from the same litter on their journey to become muster dogs.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 7:13am
Yes - so will I. Thumbs Up
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 11:57am
Got me too , watching the trailers , looks tops. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:06pm
Cuteness overload carioca.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:11pm
Yeah mate , a great working dog and friend .Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:24pm
 It's a definite watch.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:47pm
7:42 pm - 8:40 pm
Today

Edited by Gay3 - 23 Jan 2022 at 12:55pm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 5:47pm
 the tennis is a definite watch tonight. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 54>