Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Fires - Victoria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 7:58am
Billions gone from the tourist industry in years to come

Possibly from loss of foreign students as well, I can imagine parents in China, India panicking over this 

A massive blow’: Dark side to celebrity bushfire donations

The celebrity donations to Australia’s bushfires are rolling in – but there’s a dark side, and it will affect our economy for years to come.

COMMENT

Australia has been dealt a massive blow with these fires. Even after the first green shoots come up through ashy forest floors, and even after burned out homes start to get rebuilt, the tourism industry will be suffering.

This is a problem because tourism is a huge industry. It generates $110 billion in economic activity every single year, according to estimates by the Tourism and Transport Forum. What’s more, it has been a shining beacon of growth in our economy. With construction suffering and retail struggling, tourism has been surging ahead. That adds much-needed momentum to an otherwise-wobbly economy.

But now, as Australian summer turns to horror, and foreign embassies warn their citizens of danger, tourists are getting worried.

SHOULD I CANCEL MY TRIP?

On the Lonely Planet website, I see tourists asking for advice about changing or cancelling their trip to Australia.

“I am really worried,” said one poster, who had been planning to drive a campervan from Sydney to Cairns with his wife and child. “This seems to be an unprecedented natural catastrophe.”

https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/a-massive-blow-dark-side-to-celebrity-bushfire-donations/news-story/8748dc87e0ca331e2f9476d795d478ea

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:10am
OMG, on Friday temperatures in Victoria are set to soar again with authorities predicting the state will face the same bush fire conditions that existed earlier this week yet a group of radical activists called Uni Students for Climate Justice are to hold a climate protest on Friday night during peak hour at the State Library before marching through the Melbourne CBD. A naive representative of the group claimed "the march would be peaceful in nature and would not require police attendance".Ermm

An Acting Assistant Police Commissioner (AAPC) said the protest would cause significant disruption in the city and would require hundreds of police on the ground who could be better used in bush fire-ravaged communities.He said the group was "well known" to police and there was a strong risk "different factions"Question might attend the protest. The AAPC, whilst sympathetic to their cause, has told them now is not the time for such a protest.

What is the world coming to when police resources are diverted away from helping bush fire victims to watching over a group of naive,radical activists who have nothing better to do with their time on such a potentially horrific day. 
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:13am
Why don't these cvnts do something meaningful or helpful for once in their lives 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:14am
If the group are pissing off the Right than great stuff.

You have all been warned - Take a f**king sickie you sooks.

reductio ad absurdum
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:18am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

If the group are pissing off the Right than great stuff.

You have all been warned - Take a f**king sickie you sooks.

what a dumb post Confused
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:20am
kiss off.
reductio ad absurdum
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:25am
you are a real fkin moron, piss off the right ,wow
It is not about that, it is about our stretched resources in a time of bushfire crisis.
Maybe the police should take sick days off Confused

By the way I am of the left and pro appropriate protests , there is a limit though goose
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:27am
djebel, if you know about racing as that post says about your common sense, I suggest you give up punting and concentrate on feeding pigeons in the park.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

you are a real fkin moron, piss off the right ,wow
It is not about that, it is about our stretched resources in a time of bushfire crisis.
Maybe the police should take sick days off Confused

By the way I am of the left and pro appropriate protests , there is a limit though goose
Well said WhaleThumbs Up
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:32am
A few road blocks and all will be fine.

It's like the mob who say now is not the time for Gun control debate. People whinge about these protests all the time.

The appropriate time to protest is when it will cause the most drama.

The real reason police need to be there is not to control these protesters but to control the kisstards that are anti protest.

Police resources and emergency resources should never be stretched.

The protesters have given plenty of warning. Personally I'd give no warning at all.

reductio ad absurdum
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:12am
You really are showing your creepy side now Djebel.
Why dont these marchers put their time and energy to better use and go do something helpful, like volunteer in fire affected areas or wildlife search and rescue ?
Oh no, wait, that would be too much like hard work, and doing something good, instead of useless time and resource wasting.
animals before people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:17am
I wonder if djebel is gainfully employed , can he take a sickie at the drop of a hat?
Maybe he is a 20 yr old anarchist, living in a squat, he sounds like it.
No warning, I am sure he would feel the same way about a right wing protest 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:26am
A right wing protest ?

Their only protesters are KKK and Westboro.

Yes, I would be happy for bombs to drop on those right wingers.

reductio ad absurdum
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:37am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

A right wing protest ?

Their only protesters are KKK and Westboro.

Yes, I would be happy for bombs to drop on those right wingers.

What about Antifa? As far as I'm concerned they can round up all those whose only objective is to create violence at planned peaceful protests, stuff them in Hessian bags and dump them at sea.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:42am
Are they as bad as they were made out to be ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:47am

I wonder if djebel is gainfully employed , can he take a sickie at the drop of a hat?
Maybe he is a 20 yr old anarchist, living in a squat, he sounds like it.
No warning, I am sure he would feel the same way about a right wing protest 
According to his profile he was born in November 1968.Can you believe that ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:48am
Google Antifa + record of violence, or words to that effect.

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:53am
Djebel is a typical  hypocrite, flexible  standards depending on which side is involved
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:55am
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:58am

Djebel is a typical  hypocrite, flexible  standards depending on which side is involved

It ALL depends on what motivates people.

You can call me whatever you like I could not careless.

The "right" generally are vicious hateful people, their motives greed.

The left might be wrong or naive but generally speaking their motives are goodness. 

reductio ad absurdum
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 10:02am
Yep Mao and Stalin had motives of goodness, so we won't worry about millions killed Dead
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 10:15am
I am sure there are psychopaths on both sides. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 10:19am

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 10:22am
Would you even need antifa (anti-fascists) if you didn't have fascists?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 12:42pm
Same old bunch  - day in, day out - banging on about the fires. Suggest you go out & try doing something a bit more practical. Something that might actually make a difference.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 12:49pm
Heard from Izzy oneone?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 12:52pm
God's wrath is upon us.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Heard from Izzy oneone?
  LOLLOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 12:59pm
Its a pity bull dust doesn't put fires out.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Same old bunch  - day in, day out - banging on about the fires. Suggest you go out & try doing something a bit more practical. Something that might actually make a difference.

I am not sure how to go about it. I would be guided by you but i don't like playing the pokies at the club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>