Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bloodstock Auction Online

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 7:06pm
Grey Countess goes well at Toowoomba. The Wetwood could be her chance at black type.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 7:42pm
She would motor home with a hot speed on.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 7:57pm
Passed in. $150k reserve. Wow.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 8:01pm
With due respect to Whitto it's a family that's rarely sold well, and you need to go back to Stenorette for some black type.

Until this talented mare can herself win some black type she's still only a $50k job imo.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 8:44pm
I agree to some extent SC - however I could not see her going for anything much lower than $100k. I agree with Lordy that the $150k was a lot!

She is rock hard fit, can be placed well in the city or black type.  She could win the outlay this or next prep not even thinking about her broodmare value .

As for the family not selling well - what do you expect when they include Sharkbite, Gonski, Mr Greeley, Danerich, Skalato etc...it just gets worse!.........Few families will sell well with that line up. Interestingly when a well performed stallion was added (Steet Boss) - it was sold for $80k & arguably the best stallion produced multiple winner & stakes performer Oriental Ruby. A generation after Stenorette.

The family is lifting the quality a lot - Oriental Ruby has been served by Snitzel, Second Draw by Lope de Vega, Oriental to Street Boss again.

Time will tell.

MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 12:07am
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

Grey Countess should have been at least stakes placed.  Still has black type win/place in her. 

She is a half sister to one of my broodmares 'Second Draw' who is in foal to Lope de Vega and has a Trusting colt. Second Draw raced in black type races against the like of Folding Gear, was nosed out by Sea Lord & raced in an Oaks (upside down).

Its a nice family who is increasing with quality so not surprised the bid is that high due to her broodmare potential as well.

How should have she been at least stakes placed when her only run at that level she was beaten over 7 lengths?  The going rate for a city winning stakes placed mare off the track at the moment is about $30-$40k (unless of course the pedigree is dripping with black type) so even with the possibility of racing on with this one you'd think $40-$50k would absolutely see her out taking into account what you'd be left with if she broke down tomorrow.  
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 6:46am
Fair enough - i didn't think the valuations were so low.  Seen a few go above that but maybe due to better pedigree.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 10:05am
$150 is massive overs. If she was mine and somebody offered $100k I'd have her on the float in a heartbeat.
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 11:10am
So that's 5% comm on pass in or reserve ? Plus $550 entry

Good coin for running a website.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 11:29am
Kudos to them for recognising the demand for such an initiative & setting it up. I'm sure many will make use of the opportunity in the future & if not, well, they had a go Thumbs Up
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Kudos to them for recognising the demand for such an initiative & setting it up. I'm sure many will make use of the opportunity in the future & if not, well, they had a go Thumbs Up

Agree. They could also approach every seller on bloodstock.com.au to increase the catalogue. The challenge will be those wanting to inspect lots and vet check.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 7:22pm
On again now if anyone's interested Smile  44 lots tonight.
BldstkAuction View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BldstkAuction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 12:33pm
Hi All, We currently have 41 lots online that are currently receiving bids and will go under the hammer tomorrow night from 7pm

https://www.bloodstockauction.com/

Happy to answer any and all questions people might have. 

Thanks
bangalow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bangalow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 9:59pm
Under bidder on lot 25 by Clang. Bid $1400 went for $1500 I was prepared to go higher but had a family issue and forgot to check back at sales end. Oh well
Mogwai View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mogwai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 11:42pm
Better luck next time Bangalow.
BldstkAuction View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BldstkAuction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 7:06pm
New Catalogue released- 55 lots- something for everyone. 

www.bloodstockauction.com
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 7:11pm
Just as well you keep reminding us, I keep forgetting Disapprove. Off for a squizz Thumbs Up
bangalow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bangalow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 10:14pm
I am consistent    under bidder on lot 25 this time . I went to 2k he sold for $2250
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 8:32am
The right one's just around the corner bangalow, have patience Wink
bangalow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangalow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 11:36am
Yes not in any real hurry . I've booked a few days off when mm national sale is on in June might have a look there
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:24pm
Anything taken your fancy tonight bangalow? BOL this time if you have a stab Wink
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 5:48pm
On again tonight guys in case anyone's on the lookout Wink

http://bloodstockauction.com
OzHawk View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OzHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 10:38am
Those asking about Cameron Barnes I can tell you a bit more

He took me for 5k also on a horse I bought that he never delivered (subsequently I had to rebuy the horse from the owners)

However, knowing his play with civil actions I convinced the police it was a criminal act and they eventually laid charges and arrested him. 

Went to court and he was found guilty and spent some quality time 'inside' (also a suspended sentence as well so if he gets caught again it will be a much longer 'holiday')

was ordered restitution but im yet to see a dime back yet, and now he's out trading and ripping more people off.

Bloodstock auction if reading this I strongly recommend you ban his registration from your site, he has a LONG list of people he has screwed over and its only a matter of time until he finds a way to use your site to do the same

Thanks Ozhawk Thumbs Up

Edited by Gay3 - 18 Mar 2015 at 11:12am
willow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 10:49pm
I note he bought a couple of lots at the latest auction including a stallion
Ted View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 11:54am
There have been a few Cam Barnes threads on here over the years
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 8:20pm
horse trader
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 8:38pm
reductio ad absurdum
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

What was wrong with The Launderer ? https://www.bloodstockauction.com/sales/2015/03/17/catalogue/2

What was right with it ?
gonski gonski View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonski gonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 11:02pm
He won't b happy with his stallion. It won't jump on. Check out last years stats.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 10:25am
Pago Rock for sale tonight Big smile

http://bloodstockauction.com

Stakes winner offered at online auction

• 18 January, 2016
  • |Ben Asgari

Stakes winning sprinter Pago Rock has been put up for sale by co-trainer and owner David Hayes, but not via the usual method.

Hayes has offered the eight-year-old for sale via an online auction which closes on Tuesday night.

The Hall of Fame trainer said the horse still has plenty of racing left in him but would be better suited in a new environment.

“He’s been a consistent old horse that’s still got more in him and I wanted to sell him while he’s got plenty of racing left in him,” Hayes said.

“Every preparation that I’ve had him he’s made nice money and I think if someone buys him for the right price they’ll do well with him.

“He knows all of my tricks. Sometimes a change of environment can stimulate these old horses, especially when they’re sound like he is.”

Pago Rock last raced when unplaced in the Christmas Stakes (1200m) at Caulfield on Boxing Day.

The son of Rock of Gibraltar achieved a career-highlight with a victory in the 2013 Sir John Monash Stakes (1100m), before going on to finish runner-up in the Group 2 Schillaci Stakes later that year and fourth in 2014 Black Caviar Lightning Stakes at Group 1 level.

Hayes, who currently trains in partnership with his nephew Tom Dabernig, said he has already used online auction company bloodstockautction.com to sell a number of horses.

“We’ve decided to give it a go and I think it might be the way of the future,” he said.

“We normally sell horses at a traditional sale but I just felt those sales are a long way away so I thought I’d give this a chance and if it works I’ll be using it to sell more horses this way.”

Interestingly, it is not just racehorses and broodmares that can be purchased via online auction, with 2003 Victoria Derby runner-up Kempinsky, who has sired over 100 individual winners since retiring to stud, also for sale.

Pago Rock had attracted 49 bids by 5.00pm Monday with his price up to $26,000, while Kempinsky was up to 24 bids and $10,500 at the same time with both horse’s auctions set to close on Tuesday night.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>