Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

forum issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: forum issues
    Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 12:59pm
If people are having issues posting due to some spam warning, you can advance your clock one or two hrs and it will free up that error and you can continue posting for now...
Panspermia.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 3:37pm
Seems 'someone's' been playing with the clock Disapprove
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 2:04am
Clocks went back an hour in Europe this morning.  Dunno about America.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 3:25am
Originally posted by Geraldo Geraldo wrote:

Clocks went back an hour in Europe this morning.  Dunno about America.

Well depending on where the server is that is housing this forum, there is a good chance that clocks changing back overseas had a lot to do with what happened here this morning..
Panspermia.
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 4:54am
Missed the fun.  Unhappy

I thought it was mainly me affected, as I was in a country where clocks had gone back.  Had two posts that got inserted in the Cox Plate thread an hour earlier than I'd posted them, and then I gave up and watched some telly and went to bed.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 7:37am
The server is in England
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 8:20am
For anyone not sure how, go to Forum Preferences in your Member Control Panel then + 1hr Smile
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 2:14am
I'm getting hit by a virus called 'nerd-46422' when opening the thread NSW Racing on the nose etc-

AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 2:15am
- and no- that is not a joke-
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:12pm
Forum has been running like a dog tonight. The server needs a boot and probably the service provider as well. Has the UK run out of lectric powa?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:30pm
Normal for me 3BM? Anyone else?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 11:17pm
yes, had problems.
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 1:30am
No problem here..

Occasionally you get slowdowns in internet traffic world-wide.. which may impact our speed. 
Mayor
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 1:33am
It was terrible Mayor for quite a while, and it happens regularly. I always check other sites and I have never had a problem with any other site but here.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 1:53pm
I ran a check and it was down for a short time twice and very slow at other times. I also loaded a number of other websites - both local and international - without any problems. 
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 6:33pm
It was slow or down for one day about a week ago, I think they were doing something with the server then. However, since then, and now for instance, I find it is flying.

In future, could you please note the date and time if there are issues. I can then provide feedback to the hosting company.

Thanks for taking the time to provide comment and apologies for the issues you've been experiencing.
Mayor
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 6:40pm
I tried to log on about 8.20 a.m. today & timed out twice then been fine since. I'm on NBN fixed wireless now & everything's flying so if TBV isn't, it's not a fault at my end Smile
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 6:45pm
Last night around 8:30 was when it was bad.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 7:09pm
I noticed it was running at snail's pace then dead off and on somewhere between 7 and 8pm last night. It stuttered a couple of times at least that I noticed. You notice it (obviously) when you try to click on a new link or post. I cleared caches, tried downforeveryoneorjustme.com and checked other sites as I said above to make sure it was a TBV issue. Not a 100% guarantee but a pretty solid indicator that somewhere between the server and its "node" here there was a blockage.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 7:47pm
I too have many issues with this site...almost daily when site does not respond. Can go from perfectly normal to no respond ( for up to 30 mins at times ) them all of a sudden normal again...no in-betweens for me. Was thinking it might be some sort of setting issue (antivirus/firewall) on my PC...however same thing happens on my iPhone at same time. Does not happen on any other site. Prob's for me all last night...worse than normal
Refer ALP Election Promises
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 9:11pm
Sticky just now, took 30 secs to go 'back'.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:02pm
Down for a few minutes, just before 6pm today.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:27pm
Just put some more 20c pieces in the slot.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:35pm
Yeah, me too sub.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:46pm
Site will have issues for a while then to help pay for upgrades etc a small membership fee will be introduced. What price this happening?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Site will have issues for a while then to help pay for upgrades etc a small membership fee will be introduced. What price this happening?
Gee I hope not...anymore than 10 cents per week will knockout two thirds of the members...would halve their bloody punting budget !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:20am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Gee I hope not...anymore than 10 cents per week will knockout two thirds of the members...would halve their bloody punting budget !
They probably wish they bet so little, 1-1.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:28am
A large membership fee would be the best thing to happen to a few people around here. They'd spit the dummy, storm off never to return and discover that there's more to life than lying on the couch all day whacking away on TBV.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 10:16pm
Site seems to have improved for me past week
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 11:33pm
Having a crappy night tonight. Guy on the bike powering the server must be on dinner break......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>