Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

WEATHER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 28>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 7:07pm
Yes please, let us know GAJ. I've seen a few gofundme's on Facebook but would rather help a vet, hay or other animal fund.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 9:37pm
I think that vet, Bruno, is the one to go to, BP.  He has done wonders.
Not sure tho. 
See what GAJ says.
animals before people.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 11:48am
Yes Bruno Ros has been very actively involved, he would channel it well, also Laura Cheshire has been there as well.
The vets in this region all all working for nothing to treat the animals.
Bruno has coordinated the fodder drop offs and been working with owner operated helicopter owners to rescue animals and put down the ones that are too far gone. Too many I expect.
Laura and her friend have been combing the flood areas for the dead animals, scanning and photographing the brands and markings, in order to bring closure to the people who have lost their much loved animals.
Laura is also a Jockey and is running on thin air as present as she is not getting much income due to race cancellations. Laura is also a leader in thoroughbred rescues.

I will contact Bruno Ros and Laura for the right channels and come to you, thank you so much .
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 11:55am
Here we go from Laura :

www.saveahorse.org.au is the charity she runs and has 80 horses in care.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 12:44pm
Bruno has a facebook page, it will give you an insight into what has been going on.

North East Equine Veterinary Services.

If you know anyone in the Northern Rivers please make mention of this -

Another brilliant fund raiser event for human sufferers of the flood is being held this Sunday at the Commons Casurina (Hey PT and friends)

So many brilliant raffles and live auctions 'TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER'
LIVE MUSIC FOOD AND DRINKS ETC. Should be great music by our talented son Jimmi Nolan...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 12:50pm
Thanks GAJ.  Will get onto it.  Hope others can raid their piggy banks and manage a few dollars .
animals before people.
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 1:31pm
Thanks from me too GAJ.
Bruno is the vet I heard of. I just went to his page on Facebook and have donated a small amount directly to him.
PS. Good idea of yours aa Big smile
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2022 at 11:51am
From Bruno last night:

The direct one I have control over is direct to me. North East Equine Veterinary Services. BSB 012715. Acct 404 745 252

Hope the village can help, he works very hard.
I have had amazing generosity and commitment given by this vet as have others in times of need.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2022 at 12:51pm
I was more than happy to donate directly to him (small as it was), on your recommendation GAJ. And from what I've seen on Facebook. I also noticed that one of my local equine vets also personally donated to him so no doubt he's a very good man! Star
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2022 at 3:07pm
 We are donating to other charities, closer to home. 

I have family and friends caught in the Windsor/ Warragamba flood area.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2022 at 3:15pm
That is good supporting your local area since this disaster is so wide spread and a reminder that anything can happen no matter where you are..

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2022 at 7:59pm
Very kind of you GAJ but I think the Northern Rivers and parts of Queensland suffered much more than the Hawkesbury. Wishing you all the best with the long hard road to recovery Broken Heart
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 1:49pm
Thank You Brave Ponies, we are all in a state of shock here, my farrier was here today and we have a couple of horses that have suffered from the rain, though nothing like those in the thick of the floods down the hills about here.
He was telling me the human death toll is very high, though it has not been reported. In the hundreds he is told.
He spoke to one fireman that has recover 8 bodies alone from the river banks and they can not be identified, my guess is the families will have to be notified first before the enormity of this war zone like area is known.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 2:06pm
Whats happened in the northern rivers is horrific.  I think Hawkesbury had plenty of warning, as BP says. I know all my friends there got their animals up, their belongs up or out as best they could, and hoped for the best.
I think the local shire that approved the building of all those new homes on the flood plains have a lot to answer for tho.  Didnt it occur to them thats why the older settlers never built there ?
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 2:06pm
PS.  B O L  GAJ and all up that way. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 3:53pm
Oh, GAJ, that is heartbreaking for your community. I suspected that might be the case, the worse is yet to be discovered.
Was only thinking last night when I replied that the news media quickly switched to the Hawkesbury floods, which weren't nearly as bad as they made out. But hey, it's close to Sydney, so more 'newsworthy'. Meanwhile, the people up north became 'old news' Angry
And as aa said, we had plenty of time to prepare – and anyone who chooses to live on a flood plain knows what could happen (or they should know). Yes, some houses and property were destroyed but not a human life was lost and most animals saved. I know a lot of people around here who were much more worried about their family and friends in your area, and still are.
Please keep us informed when you can.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 4:01pm
On a lighter note, I've just decided i'm putting $1 on everything that Take2 tips in our comp and any proceeds will be donated to one of your local charities Big smile 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 12:09pm
What a good idea BP.  Thumbs Up  Might look at something like that too.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 2:01pm
Just a bit of fun on another wet Slipper Day Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 5:29pm
Well I have a bit to send north, with the filly in the Slipper, Fireburn is it ?  Cant even get her name right , just that she is by Rebel Dane and bred by Laurel Oak. And she blew them away.
Topped up on Shelby Sixtysix.Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 8:06pm
Well done, aa! Good karma for your kindness Hug 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 9:15pm
Well, what goes round comes round. 
Thats my theory anyway.
Now I hope others here that spend $$$$$$$$$ on horses can cough up a bit for the flood animals.
animals before people.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 4:53pm
Thank you to you both, That sounds like a fun way to gamble!!

The fund raiser held at Casuarina made over $33,000.00 for the people at Lismore, it won't go far but it is something.
It was a lovely afternoon with silent and live auctions. Local business gave away items to be Auctioned but the star of the show was a local real estate agent who donated free commission on any sale he could make if you were selling your home, together with $500 towards adverts.
This Made $10,000, but the winner gave an extra $5,000 when he paid up. What a young hero he is.
The money from Food and drinks purchased were also donated.

Now we seem to have another weather system coming in across Lismore and NNSW in general.
Angry

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 12:14pm
Hope GAJ and our other northern friends are hanging in there. Rain rain go away ...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 12:21pm
Oh dear they have had so much rain in Lismore they are saying its about to go over the levee again.  Those poor people.
Its flogged down here all night and it looks to be more heading down the coast.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 2:44pm
This from last night & can only hope he's wrong - no matter the cause Cry

Some heavy rainfall again has lashed NSW with more flooding, and this also extends into the plains in Southern QLD and across some regions of the Darling Downs.

We currently see a repeat of the system we saw that devastated the Northern Rivers, and we will see more life threatening rainfall across this region across the next fortnight.

Aside from these two regions, it will remain dry and inactive elsewhere, and not much happening, until mid April or sometime around then.

Make no mistake, we are going to see floods that need to be seen to be believed in the weeks and months ahead, it is likely we may see very little favourable weather to put any crops in this year, and it is going to be blamed on climate change, and of course will be necessary to justify massive rate hikes and hyperinflation.

Water temperatures off the North West coast have now reached 33 degrees, and there is only one result that can come from this, you are about to get a good introduction on how hard agriculture is going to be this year.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 3:25pm
 this second bout is devastating.

Unprecedented.

Broken Heart
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 5:03pm
I'm gut wrenched by what is happening now, the community has had enough, too much sorrow and anger.
I went to the shops very early today around opening at 7am and the shelves were half full then, apparently the truck hadn't arrived, so once again our little village will be without supplies and the camping place of the surrounding homeless if this rain continues.
A sombre feel about the place today.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

This from last night & can only hope he's wrong - no matter the cause Cry

Some heavy rainfall again has lashed NSW with more flooding, and this also extends into the plains in Southern QLD and across some regions of the Darling Downs.

We currently see a repeat of the system we saw that devastated the Northern Rivers, and we will see more life threatening rainfall across this region across the next fortnight.

Aside from these two regions, it will remain dry and inactive elsewhere, and not much happening, until mid April or sometime around then.

Make no mistake, we are going to see floods that need to be seen to be believed in the weeks and months ahead, it is likely we may see very little favourable weather to put any crops in this year, and it is going to be blamed on climate change, and of course will be necessary to justify massive rate hikes and hyperinflation.

Water temperatures off the North West coast have now reached 33 degrees, and there is only one result that can come from this, you are about to get a good introduction on how hard agriculture is going to be this year.

well he was bang on with his prediction of the repeat of weather we are having now that we had earlier in the month, hope he is wrong too Gay.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 6:16pm
My brother told me this weekend that some from the Vic. 2009 fires, Black Sat. I think, are still living in tents Cry & that the Red Cross send donations where they deem they're most needed & not necessarily to the original donation country, yet still people are giving Angry
Thanks for your personal updates GAJ...............doom & gloom everywhere Cry

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 28>