Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Echuca horse sales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 9:43am
I agree with Baguette and AA. With one little footnote.....
I guess you could call me a backyard breeder - I bred the same line of Border Collie for 20 yrs, no papers, beautiful steady dogs in temperament, went to both work and pet homes, but carefully placed. My son has the last one still in the family. Still getting pics from owners from all around.
With the horses, we are small fry, raced the mare, retired her and bred two foals, one 2 yrs and one 2 months. They all live here with us, we have a bit of land, and other horses. We’ll race them with a few friends, and when they retire a few different scenarios may apply.. But ultimately, we’ll always know where they are and be in control of their future. One of our local vets has dibs on the 2 yr old, I’m sure she hopes its as slow as a turtle 😆 We created them, enjoy them and are responsible for them. No Echuca in there life story.
Backyard breeders is a broad term, but it all comes down to how it’s done?
Syndicated horses and ones coming from big studs 99% of the time don’t have anyone looking out for their long term well being.
28 - 30 yr lifespan cut back to 2 - 5, (average) not good, is it?
And I realise it’s not always happy endings.
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 10:17am
No insult intended Sister.  I was thinking more along the lines of those that have mares with bad legs or temperaments , whatever the many things horses can have wrong with them, then they put her to some obscure stallion , and breed a bad legged bad tempered little freak show, and pass it off a family pet to some small kid.  You KNOW that kind as we have all seen them.
And I do agree about the thousands coming off the big studs, syndicated out to a lot of people who dont even know which end eats and which end kicks, and all they want is the glamour of the track and who cares what happens once it proves to be slow.
I saw it ask somewhere on here before,  but I am asking again.  What happens to the % of prize money thats taken for "horse welfare "  ???
And I also agree with Baguette about humane knackeries.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 12:24pm
Laws, rules & regulations are only as good as their policing & prosecution- herein lies the biggest problem!

Sourcing exactly where funds are spent & the breakdown is nigh on impossible but this is a start & on scrolling to the bottom, the other States each have a link.
https://thoroughbredwelfare.horse/retirement/ ; Copy/paste it's not direct.

Official Principal Racing Authority (PRA) Retirement Program Links

For more information in relation to retirement programs in each state, please follow the below links to the Principal Racing Authority (PRA) websites.

VICTORIA

NEW SOUTH WALES

QUEENSLAND

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

TASMANIA

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 8:14pm
No insult taken AA, I was just taking the opportunity to show there are all sorts in the world 😊 We’ve all seen the horrible stuff with bogans breeding endless amounts of poor quality animals, usually kept in appalling conditions. Which is how we now think of the term ‘backyard breeder’.
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2020 at 10:32pm
Bogans breeding children is bad enough,  but when the animals come into it, its horrific. 
animals before people.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 8:22am
Wouldn't it be great if humans had to pass a character and competency test before they were allowed to reproduce? Looking at some of the morons out there attempting to be parents it would seem to be a good idea!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 10:03am
Yeah, you have to have a licence for so many things now, but any half wit can breed kids.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 4:12pm
In case this Reset mare is of interest tomorrow Smile

At Echuca tomorrow under agist act 13/3/2020

Ladyset 2013, lovely daughter of Reset 👏

We all know what fabulous temperaments these Resets have.

Ladyset (Reset - Lady Of Prague) Showed a lot of ability whilst in training with Corstens. Apparently had a paddock accident and her sight was slightly affected hence why Unraced.

Ladyset is the second foal and her full sister Praguematist nearly won last start.
Mark Webb has her 1/2 sister who is a 2yo.

Whilst ladyset is Unraced, she did have a stack of ability and lovely type that you can expect from her sire. She herself does boast a double x of the Footware family in Special.
Sylvia Mooney Kylie has written all about Ladyset kindly. I hope this nice mare gets a great new home. Being sold under the livery and agistment act. Young mare second foal of her dam. Her 1/2 sister by Sports Edition is a cracker and being broken in at the moment by Conlan. Her other 1/2 sister is in work with Mark Webb. Dam is active and well.

Andrew Wilson & Co is pleased to present all the information that is required to successfully place absentee bidding on sale days. This service allows you to secure horses from various locations around Australia.

In order to place an absentee bid on sale days you are required to text Rachael on 0427 194 017.

YOU MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

*Your full name, as listed on your driver's licence.
*Your full address
*The lot/pen number of the horse you are bidding on. Lot numbers will be allocated once the horse arrives at the sale yard. Alternatively, you can use the horse's name if you are placing a bid prior to the horse arriving.

*Your maximum bid amount $$. This may not necessarily be the price you pay at the fall of the hammer (eg. your highest bid is $450 but your bid is successful at $380 - you will only be required to pay the lesser amount). However, we must stress that no bids will be placed after your allocated amount is reached.
*All bids must be placed prior to 12:30pm on the day of sale, bids after this time may not be honoured. The earlier your bids can be placed, the better.

Successful bidders will be notified by the close of business on auction day, an exact time is not available due to the length of sale being unpredictable. After payments have been made the horses must be removed from sale yards by 12 noon on the Saturday following the sale, unless prior arrangements are made with the staff at Andrew Wilson & Co

Payments are to be made in full via debit/credit card on the day of the sale. Please note a 1% card fee is charged on sale total.

GST: Some horses may have GST added to the final sale price and some may not; this is determined by the vendor's current registration for GST.

Temporary agistment is available for horse/s while transport is being arranged. This service is provided to you by Rachael and Gavin. Horse/s will be kept in a large secure private yard with a shelter, fed twice daily with both hay/hard feed, and rugged when needed. 

FOR MORE INFORMATION contact Rachael on 0427 194 017.

oldflight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oldflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 12:53pm
It may have been covered elsewhere but I see Grand Destiny is in this catalogue, He was a $165k Yearling purchased by Harry Lawton and he won over $350k for his owners and still ended up in this catalogue, I hope he made it out 
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 2:49pm
Now wouldn't it be lovely if the governing racing body bought him and sent him to living legends? He may not fit the criteria, but in all reality he does........I hope he was saved also, otherwise someone with the gumption and guts may well name the owners, and if you see them at the races, tap them on the shoulder and remind them of their obligations and integrity........#fortheloveofthehorse
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 9:03pm
furious!! A Juliet line Bel Espritmare if you can interest anyone Big smile Online sales start tomorrow.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:43am
Both to be interviewed on RSN shortly. Emmas' 1st winner too ClapClapClap
https://www.rsn.net.au
What a way to start the New Year ?? $382 my family paid for Little Red Fox at the Echuca sales - today as a healthy, sound and happy horse she won her maiden at just start #3 for us ?? My first win in my familys colours, ( and yes 4 girls outweighed the 3 boys for the colour choice ?? ), words cant explain how great full we are feeling right now, a day we definatly will not be forgetting ????

Edited by Gay3 - 02 Jan 2021 at 10:56am
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:45am
That's awesome
Time is a flat circle
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 10:49am
And very close to a disastrous end at that price. An uplifting story, we need many more of them. 
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 5:42pm
Great start to a new year and a better than normal use of the Echuca sales.

Thanks for giving her a go.
Kambarker View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kambarker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 11:15pm
Bought by a group to rehome with Jacquie kent who was his Strapper when he was trained by Mick kent ....how he got to Echuca ....IS JUST HORRIBLE ........ITS THE NEED FOR  REGO FOR LIFE AS EACH OWNER  NEEDS TO REGISTER THE HORSE ......to understand its history ..

Des is In a wonderful home .
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 9:34am
Would love to know the storey behind how he went from a respected stable to these sales. Not blaming the trainer at all. If you get the chance Kam, please let us know. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 2:16pm
As a small breeder I just wanted to share a good news story. This is Pinkie ( Epona Pink) who I bred. She almost never existed as her dam Thrace was standing in a yard at a Knackery. A group of ladies undergoing chemo at Peter Mac pooled their dollars and bought ( saved) her, and the gang leader offered her to me. Sadly that wonderful lady is no longer with us but she was overjoyed when Pinkie was born and Im sure is looking after her from above.
Epona Pink trained by Logan McGill trials tomorrow at Mornington then will have her first race start in a few weeks.
We have a few spots left in her - no cost to join us only training expenses etc Message me if you are interested ??
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:15pm
Amazing story. Good luck especially as Thrace is a half sister to the very good Gr 1 wnr Marstic
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:38pm
Gotta luv stories like this!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:10pm
Thunderstrike, another Echuca rescue was then sent to Master Of Design & produced Haarping who had her 2nd start at Swan Hill last week, running a very creditable 3rd.

3rd of 9SW H 16Feb21 1200m Good4 MDN-SW $35,000 ($3,150) Dean Holland 57.5kg Barrier 4
1st Ornamental Lady 57kg, 2nd Bellicosity (NZ) 59kg 1:11.73 (600m 34.42), 3L, 3rd@800m, $19/$21/$26/$21
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 9:48pm
Atomic 2yo filly in Vic. Online sale tomorrow.
LOT NUMBER: 79  
DESCRIPTION (as provided by vendor) Well mannered unnamed, un-raced filly of Stakes Winning sire ATOMIC. He is the sire of winners ROCKATOMIC, CELTIC BLAST, THE LAST NAPOLEON, ROBEBAY, MOTOMIC, COSTA BOMB, ARCHWAY TO HEAVEN, THE GREAT ARTISTE, MUNTHAM MISSILE, CHORTOMIC etc. Her dam CAFFEINE HIT (by ECONSUL) is a 4-time and city winning mare, also a half sister to YORKSHIRE LAD. 3rd dam BURLETTA is a group 1 winning mare. From the same family as Stakes Winners LOVE DEE TOR, TRAVARAY, WINE BUSH etc. This filly has a fantastic temperament and good to handle. Broken to halter and lead, and wears a rug no problem. Selling due to COVID-19 circumstances and inability to take her any further. Comes with papers. Pick up Narre Warren or Childers in VIC.Pick up location:Narre Warren
https://www.andrewwilsonco.com/product-page/thoroughbred-filly
(ATOMIC/CAFFEINE HIT 2018) - THOROUGHBRED FILLY
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 9:52pm
Umatilla mare 2008

North Fork is a Beautiful Big Mare by the proven broodmare sire stallion Umatilla. North Fork comes in foal to Exciting New High Chapparel Stallion Wayed Zain. She has a lovely Temperament we are retaining her yearling filly by Starcraft to race ourselves. This is a difficult sale but due to poor health we are being forced to reduce numbers. She is upto date with vacs, teeth farrier etc. Id card and RVL transfer papers will be provided.

https://www.andrewwilsonco.com/product-page/north-fork-thoroughbred-mare

STUDBOOK MATCH: NORTH FORK, 2008 bred mare by UMATILLA (NZ) from LOOK HITHER. 2 career starts. RETIRED 2016.  NORTH FORKS first foal HEADING NORTH is currently racing with 13 starts and 9 placings and over $50k in winnings.

(NORTH FORK 2008) - Thoroughbred Mare

(NORTH FORK 2008) - Thoroughbred Mare
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:19pm
The foal she's carrying looks super on paper Big smile
Click image then Zoom

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 5:48pm
Look at this poor bastard Cry Has met his reserve of $600, a son of Dane Ripper & High Chap!
Page 2 Lot 98 https://andrewwilsonandco.hibid.com/lots/?apage=2

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 9:51am
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 11:19am
Great result. Well done Coolmore.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718