Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Japanese Horses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 5:06am
Great footage JudgeHolden!Thumbs Up

Deepa Impact-ah and Tokai Trick were all I could make out in that race call, other than the caller and the crowd only had eyes for one horse!!!LOL

For those who may not be familiar, that was the 2006 Tenno Sho (Spring), and no wonder he demolished them - he ran 3:13.4 - the world record for 3200m - Last 800 - 44.8, last 600 - 33.5. he is actual the one that missed the start and was last early ... you can hear the crowd when he takes off around them from about the 1,000m and the caller just keeps calling his name from then on - jockey might have gone a bit soon! - he had a bit on them - quite amazing! 

1:36.7 for each 1600m ... he could have won a couple of G1 miles out here starting from the 3200m and letting the others join in at the mile!!! ... oh, and his stud fee is "if you need to ask, you can't afford it!" LOL

Hoof notes: 

The first 3 in that race were sired by Sunday Silence.

Glen Boss rode the 3rd placed Stratagem.

Delta Blues was 15 L 10th and won the Melb Cup 6 months later, easily with 2nd top weight.

Tokai Trick (12 L 9th) came her in 2010 as a rising 9 yo and was unplaced in both CC and MC - well past it, he was then retired.

Deep Impact finished 3rd in the 2006 Arc behind Rail Link, but was disqualified for a positive drug test, which cast a question over his whole career.

Rail link is the sire of Spillway, winner of today's JAPAN RACING ASSOCIATION PLATE ... and if we had known that in advance, we all would have backed it!!!Wacko
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Keefy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keefy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 5:45am
Great info dr e. Please post more like this...
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 7:50am

monsoon View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 8:09am
Hokaido horses in training sale http://www.hba.or.jp/english/index.html%20

http://www.hba.or.jp/catalog/20140501/hba_list_us_jojo140513.html

JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

1:36.7 for each 1600m ... he could have won a couple of G1 miles out here starting from the 3200m and letting the others join in at the mile!!! ... oh, and his stud fee is "if you need to ask, you can't afford it!" LOL

That's a shame. I was thinking of buying Karuta Queen, sending her to Deep Impact to fulfill my long held ambition of winning the Magic Millions Stayer's Cup.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 11:42am
Anyone who saw Gentildonna's win in the Sheema in Dubai will attest to how good she is also , her jockey turned her inside out to get out , she was held up for ages and the jockeys right angle turn to get the run cost her 2 lengths imo , then she balanced up and just demolished them , unlucky not to beat St Nic (RIP) last year in the Sheema , jockey error , and as I said in another thread , Just a Way gave her windburn as he went past her in 2013 Tenno Sho, in the lead up   to last years Japan Cup , which she won , 6 group 1s wins , the Japanese Triple crown, 2 Japan Cups , Sheema Classic ,she is also by Deep Impact .I for one would love to see Him have a season here at stud to help our industry compete on the wider world stage both in breeding and racing terms , not many of the higher quality races in Japan are not strongly represented by his progeny . I doubt whether the owner will bring him here , would be nice though. I was in awe watching Deep Impact in his racing career ,Champion Race Horse , Now exceptional sire .
oldmate View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oldmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 12:38pm
In Japan they race at 2 out of 6 tracks every Saturday and Sunday and each track has its own stabling complex that houses all the horses and staff that are racing that weekend. On the Friday afternoon the trucks start arriving with about 300 horses and all the staff stay in units at the stables and get their meals cooked for them for the weekend. At Tokyo the stables are across the road and about 20 metres underground are huge big wide tunnels that the horses and staff use to go to and from the track. The tunnels are have intersections and going left will take you to the stalls going right will take you the jockeys room going straight will take you to the middle of the track other turns will take you where ever you want to go. All the tunnels are rubber lined and you would not believe how much money it would of cost. Half way through the meeting a army of about 25 people dressed up like they are in a brass band come along through the crowd blowing whistles and trumpets and smiling and singing and they are carrying rubbish bags and when you hear them coming you gather up any rubbish around you and put it in the armys rubbish bags and off they go. The whole place is clean in about half an hour. The grandstand is like a westfield shopping centre and has a heap of levels and shops and hundeds of self serve betting machines. About 40 metres from the barriers they have big shelters for the horses and jockeys to wait under before they go into the gates in case its raining or the suns to hot. Straight after the last race on the Sunday the stable complex is a ghost town and every horse and strapper is on their way back to the training farms. I will try find some photos of the tunnels.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Great footage JudgeHolden!Thumbs Up

Deepa Impact-ah and Tokai Trick were all I could make out in that race call, other than the caller and the crowd only had eyes for one horse!!!LOL

For those who may not be familiar, that was the 2006 Tenno Sho (Spring), and no wonder he demolished them - he ran 3:13.4 - the world record for 3200m - Last 800 - 44.8, last 600 - 33.5. he is actual the one that missed the start and was last early ... you can hear the crowd when he takes off around them from about the 1,000m and the caller just keeps calling his name from then on - jockey might have gone a bit soon! - he had a bit on them - quite amazing! 

Hoof notes: 

The first 3 in that race were sired by Sunday Silence.

Glen Boss rode the 3rd placed Stratagem.

Delta Blues was 15 L 10th and won the Melb Cup 6 months later, easily with 2nd top weight.

Tokai Trick (12 L 9th) came her in 2010 as a rising 9 yo and was unplaced in both CC and MC - well past it, he was then retired.

Deep Impact finished 3rd in the 2006 Arc behind Rail Link, but was disqualified for a positive drug test, which cast a question over his whole career.

Rail link is the sire of Spillway, winner of today's JAPAN RACING ASSOCIATION PLATE ... and if we had known that in advance, we all would have backed it!!!Wacko

So what's the stud fee of deep impact-ah?

Comparable with Galileo?
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 1:44pm
Hot chips are called deep Ah fried potato

I prefer a sand ah Wich
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 3:39pm

Deep Impact (JPN)

2014 STUD FEE: Private 
reductio ad absurdum
patsy fagan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy fagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 3:49pm
Just because they make your best horses look average doesn't mean they would make europes best look average..

snow fairy won back to back group 1s in japan

treve thrashed orfevre

horses like deep impact orfevre gentildonna are outstanding,as good as it gets..

just as horses like sea the stars treve zarkava and frankel are outstanding..

re european horses you are buying proper B graders,the best one you've bought is 
Sea Moon who has problems clearly but even he is a non G1 winner,you are so far behind currently its scary..

I actually don't know why there is zero depth to your racing currently..must be the aussie mares,stamina non existant.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by patsy fagan patsy fagan wrote:

Just because they make your best horses look average doesn't mean they would make europes best look average..

snow fairy won back to back group 1s in japan

treve thrashed orfevre

horses like deep impact orfevre gentildonna are outstanding,as good as it gets..

just as horses like sea the stars treve zarkava and frankel are outstanding..

re european horses you are buying proper B graders,the best one you've bought is 
Sea Moon who has problems clearly but even he is a non G1 winner,you are so far behind currently its scary..

I actually don't know why there is zero depth to your racing currently..must be the aussie mares,stamina non existant.

We have the same pedigreed horses as you guys, I am pretty sure I know why.

Its starts about 4am.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy fagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 4:16pm
you don't have the mares djebel..

cant wait to see Treve later on today...
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 4:43pm

We dont get the Oaks winners and the Guineas winning mares, or the group 1 winning mares, but we get the mares with the same pedigrees.

reductio ad absurdum
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 5:44pm
hanas gold had 3 starts here and won one. A pretty average all aged at the end of the carnival. Came down the right part of the track. Got thrashed both her other starts
Seriously I think your all getting a bit carried away. 
racinglover View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racinglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 5:47pm
She missed the start by a mile in the coolmore and copped a bog in the doncaster, she was in both those races up to her ears if conditions suited. 
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 5:55pm
patsy fagan and a few others say they make our best horses look average. This is just a crock of
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

hanas gold had 3 starts here and won one. A pretty average all aged at the end of the carnival. Came down the right part of the track. Got thrashed both her other starts
Seriously I think your all getting a bit carried away. 

1st run was a right off didn't jump and tan up bums the whole length of the straight. I think she was the run of the race in the Doncaster on ground that didn't suit. Finished off her last 150 better then anything in the race after being last and coming through the field.

She wins the Doncaster with the same run she had yesterday.
racinglover View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racinglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 8:31pm
2 of them running in the g1 at sha tin in a few minutes
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 9:07pm
I attempted to purchase a couple of horses 2-3 years ago from Japan. Not top-liners but a grade below which I thought would be up to our Group racing. 

There are a few major hurdles I quickly found out, other than the 1st one of the language barrier. The main problem is that there are many rich owners who are in it for the thrill and prestige and if they have one good enough for group racing they will not sell. There is a group called Sunday Racing Co Pty Ltd that own a lot of horses. From what i understood these horses are syndicated to a number of the public or they all own shares in the company. They will NOT sell a horse that has any talent. 

I'd be thinking that others from Oz have tried and come up against the same barriers. But I'm sure someone will send mares over there to be covered by their stallions in SH time as Messara did with Sunday Silence years ago. 

Problem is that our trainers most likely won't know what to do with them! 
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
OrangeMonkey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 11:17pm
I'm not sure but the way the system works in Japan . I think they breed a lot of horses. But the trainers have a cap on how many they can train? So my feeling is they are very hard on the horses and the good ones that survive are very tough animals that are sound and well breed. Could be wrong but that is my take on it.
Superb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 11:18pm
We've sold a bunch of good mares over there.

Mosheen and a bunch of others I think.
OrangeMonkey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 11:28pm
Yes as I said they do not mess around when it comes to buying the best bloodlines. Not sure if her blood lines are the best ? But she was very good?
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 1:55am

Just because they make your best horses look average doesn't mean they would make europes best look average

The last two Arc winners that took on the Japan Cup have gone awesome Fagan haven't they?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 2:12am

Ouch.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 2:14am
What kind of person comes to a racing forum in a different country purely to bag that country???
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 2:15am
Cue Fagan hypocrisy and excuses below.......
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy fagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 2:28am
this is a proper racing forum saintly..
many many aussies on here feel exactly the same way..

I'm based in Australia Subastral.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 2:32am
Has there been much comment of the performance of Epiphaneia ?

RACE 8 (581)
Group One - 2000MGoing :GOOD TO FIRM
THE AUDEMARS PIGUET QEII CUPCourse :TURF - "A" COURSE
HK$ 14,000,000.00Time :(25.94)(50.67)(1.14.98)(1.37.79)(2.01.06)
 Sectional Time :25.9424.7324.3122.8123.27
Plc.Horse No.HorseJockeyTrainerActual
Wt.
Declar.
Horse Wt.
DrawLBWRunning
Position
Finish TimeWin Odds
15DESIGNS ON ROME(P270)T BerryJ Moore12610625-
21MILITARY ATTACK(N175)J MoreiraJ Moore12610534N
34VERCINGETORIX(S625)A DelpechM F de Kock126111332-1/4
43EPIPHANEIA(S624)Y FukunagaK Sumii126106864-1/4
57DIBAYANI(S120)Z PurtonC W Chang126996104-1/4
66PACKING WHIZ(N120)N CallanC Fownes126118396
710SAME WORLD(N098)H BowmanJ Moore126105429
82DOMINANT(N169)G MosseJ Moore1261051710-3/4
99SANSHAAWES(S627)O DoleuzeM F de Kock1261089811-3/4
108UNCOILED(S626)K TeetanY Yahagi1261091112
Note: Special incidents index 
reductio ad absurdum
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 2:32am

this is a proper racing forum saintly..
many many aussies on here feel exactly the same way..

I'm based in Australia Subastral.

After all these years Fagan you still don't get it. Sad really, oh well, you like to be heard without the ability of listening to others, your loss mate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>