Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tributes Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

TB's Off The Track

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 3:46pm
Show Horse Victoria - EV is with Lee Purchase.
2 hrs ·

Equitana Off the Track Show Horse Championships 2018
Equestrian Victoria were proud to partner with Racing Victoria’s OTT Program to host the Ridden Championship.

Judges Sally Watkins, Lee Purchase and Gary Beaton officiated and awarded:

Champion:
Show Name: Reverly RP
Race Name: Tartan Warrior
Owned by: Leesa Anderson
Ridden by: Ali Berwick
Prize: Trophy, Trophy Rug, Sara Love Garland, $500, OTT Prize Pack and Rosette.

Reserve Champion:
Show Name: WBH Entourage
Race Name: Rolling Paradise
Owned by: Warren Coyle, Howard Morris and Briony Randle
Ridden by: Briony Randle
Prize: OTT Prize Pack, Rosette & $300

Third:
Show Name: DP Amazing
Race Name: Chesta Pinition
Owned by: Michelle Paynter
Ridden by: Michelle Paynter
Prize: OTT Prize Pack, Rosette & $200

Fourth:
Show Name: SLM Mercedes
Race Name: Crosswind
Owned by: Catherine Neil
Ridden by: Catherine Neil
Prize: OTT Prize Pack & Rosette

Fifth:
Show Name: Precedence
Race Name: Precedence
Owned by: Fiona McIntyre
Ridden by: Fiona McIntyre

Sixth:
Show Name: New Orleans
Race Name: Brother Aiden
Owned by: Peta Plozza
Ridden by: Peta Plozza

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 7:21pm
Anyone watching jump off ??
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 10:34am
A friend here who does jumping tells me she has had 3 EDLs OTT and they can all jump like jack rabbits.  She says the best jumpers she has ever had.
I often check the brands on police horses when I see them,,,often if you have a chat they can tell you what its race name was.  Its interesting.
animals before people.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

I was of the opinion police horses were retired r/horse, they Do have to put up with plenty of bullshyte imo.

We donated one of ours to VIC Police.....he had run 4th in the Doomben Cup, he was real Gentleman, a pleasure to have known. He was highly intelligent, many year later we were walking along Cronulla beach just after to riots, we saw a few mounties......I mentioned to the Copper most senior that our bloke had gone to the Mounties....we told him his brand and his name.......amazingly he told us he ended up in Canberra, mentoring the newbies, he was a legend in the Force and they had given him a rank....My missus choked up, we knew he would make it......he sure did......Go Ata.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 6:39pm
There are a lot of ex race horses as police horses ,  here in NSW anyway. 
For some reason some of the dressage brigade think only dumb bloods can do that stuff  ?   
animals before people.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Last time I was in England had a sort of argument about the merits of thoroughbreds against whatever that breed is that they ride at the olympics.  She said thoroughbreds are mad.  I said she needed to check out aussi thoroughbreds as alot aren't that way.  Some are so laid back they fall asleep even at the track.  You have alot of people thinking thoroughbreds are only good on the track and too hotheaded for anything else.  

That highlighted opinion is pretty well nonsense Furious, as you'd well know.

We sold one into performance and he was a well decorated Champion, led and ridden, at numerous shows including Sydney Easter.  Robbie Griffiths does his best to home retirees, and each of the three we had recent shares in were been snapped up by people in the pleasure/performance field.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 6:21pm
I was of the opinion police horses were retired r/horse, they Do have to put up with plenty of bullshyte imo.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 5:58pm
Last time I was in England had a sort of argument about the merits of thoroughbreds against whatever that breed is that they ride at the olympics.  She said thoroughbreds are mad.  I said she needed to check out aussi thoroughbreds as alot aren't that way.  Some are so laid back they fall asleep even at the track.  You have alot of people thinking thoroughbreds are only good on the track and too hotheaded for anything else.
PhillipC View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PhillipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 5:34pm
Sorry AA, now that I check it it didn't work for me either, but thankfully Gay came to our rescue :-)
http://www.equinehaven.com.au
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:15pm
Quite amazing how that horse never turns a hair at the lure and the bird with wings flapping and bells jangling, isnt it ?  A t least I thought it was , just reading about him, but actually seeing him !  Amazing !
So much for a couple of dressage queens I know who think all OTTTBs are nutters.  Cant wait to show them that !!LOL
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

How good it that !
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:04pm
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 1:26pm
Thanks Gay, and also Phillip.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 11:19am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 9:32am
Hmmm, that wont connect for me.  Not sure why.  Would be interested to watch it tho.
Thanks, Phillip.
animals before people.
PhillipC View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhillipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 5:40pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 3:50pm
Read an interesting little story about a horse called Caymans.  He was a G2 winner of the 2008 Sandown Guineas.  Goldolphin owned and Snowden trained gelding who went on to race in Britain and Dubai.
He is now pushing 13 and has only one eye, due to an infection.
Moved on as part of Godolphin,s rehoming program he went into the care of Martin Whitley at Dartmoor Hawking, which is one of Britain,s few private falconry centres, and is now a falconer,s mount.
They said his missing eye doesnt prevent him doing his job, and he is good as gold.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:18pm
Lyndal Yelavich is with Amanda Nemaric and 3 others at Emadilo Equestrian.

Sometimes special horses and people come into our lives.
This is one of those times🎉

Roman Fizz has arrived from the Griffiths Training stables and we are hugely thankful to all the connections that have entrusted us with this special boy’s future. From the moment I said we would be delighted to take him on board, his owners and trainer have reached out to ensure he gets the very best of care and hopefully finds his feet as a successful Eventing horse of the future. Proof once again that thoroughbred Racing is filled with people that adore their horses, sometimes, well actually in my experience, ALWAYS, above the sport itself.

We look very forward to working with this kind, handsome young thoroughbred, with the support of this squad, he’s bound to go far! 🐎🤞💪👌
Special thanks to Crystal Conning for making sure he found his way to us 😘

Great to see Second Chance Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 8:48pm
I see Bart,s old warrior, Precedence, appeared in the led classes at the Canberra Royal Show , and looked a million dollars. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:15am
Remember Sirmione, who won a McKinnon, trained by Bart and ridden by Peter Mertens ?  We were there that year and my OH came home with his pockets bulging with money.
Sirmione competed in this years Garryowen at Royal Melbourne Show.  He wasnt in the first 3 but he did alright.  More than half the entrants were OTTTBs, and the first 3 were by Zabeel, Faltaat and Encosta.
My "showy" friend says they all want Encostas.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2016 at 1:50pm
Did anyone see the OTTTBs show jumping at Equitana ?  Goldtown was there with his lady, Rachelle Lovett, who said he came off the track sound and is doing a great job.
Kate beadle has Flying Maverick, from Mick Price, and he is doing well .
A short piece of vid on the equitana page.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:40pm
Bugga.
 Good ,,,
Good home,,,
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:40pm
Nice to see another one off to a god home.

animals before people.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 10:19pm
Former Waller horse DONE NOTHIN' WRONG who finished his racing career at Warrnambool with Matthew Williams has been retrained and is loving life in his new career. Now known as "Skipper" he is the clerk of the course at the trots. He will be on duty at Stawell next week.

Pic courtesy Matthew Williams Racing facebook page

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 12:28pm
The last words of our once famous boxer Vic Patrick used to say to his fighters when he turned referee before the start of each bout was,
protect yourself at all times,..it's an old cliche but a goodie,..perfect for what could become in the future!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 11:33am

A new international forum that will bring together the official and national operations based around the world that facilitate and promote the retraining of racehorses has been formally unveiled at the 'Lifetime Care for Thoroughbreds: Godolphin Forum' in Newmarket, United Kingdom.

The International Forum for the Aftercare of Racehorses (IFAR) will include representatives from Australia, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Japan and the United States.

Representatives from Racing Victoria and Racing Australia were honoured to participate in the Forum last month and are looking forward to working closely with Godolphin and the international thoroughbred community to help take racing aftercare to a new level all around the world.

James Tzaferis Aussie reps were Elliot Forbes, Frances Nelson, Caroline Searcy & myself. As well as Godolphin's Australian-based staff

Launch Of New International Forum For The Aftercare Of Racehorses

Posted 01 August 2016, 09:25 GMT

A new international forum that will bring together the official and national operations based around the world that facilitate and promote the retraining of racehorses has been formally unveiled at the 'Lifetime Care for Thoroughbreds: Godolphin Forum' in Newmarket, United Kingdom.

The International Forum for the Aftercare of Racehorses (IFAR) will include representatives from Australia, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Japan and the United States.

Di Arbuthnot, Chief Executive of the leading equine charity, Retraining of Racehorses (RoR), introduced the concept for IFAR on the final day of a three-day conference, organised and hosted by Godolphin.

In recent years a number of initiatives in various international regions have been successful in promoting the versatility of racehorses and their ability to adapt to alternative careers after racing. The establishment of an international forum will enable these experiences to be shared, for best practices to be adopted and for advice to be given to all racing jurisdictions regarding caring for and the retraining of former racehorses.

IFAR will work alongside the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities (IFHA) and act as an assembly for discussion, recognising geographical and industry differences, to help take racing aftercare to a new level all around the world.

Paul Roy, Chairman of Retraining of Racehorses, said: "RoR has developed into a vehicle for the practical retraining of horses for different disciplines and works to pursue this proactive approach with benefit of consulting like-minded international bodies while recognising cultural differences across the globe. IFAR is a natural next step in our journey."

Diana Cooper, Strategic Advisor, Charities at Godolphin, said: "As one of the largest racing stables and breeding operations in the world, Godolphin works tirelessly to take the lead in both the lifetime care of horses and in the professional development of people working in our industry. The passion for the sport extends beyond the racetrack as Godolphin aims to have a positive long-lasting impact on the industry and racing communities worldwide."

"Godolphin organised the 'Lifetime Care for Thoroughbreds Forum' in Newmarket to build on the progress made in Kentucky last year, when we first brought key advocates together to discuss these important issues. We are still very much at the start of a journey but we are greatly encouraged by what has been achieved in the last few days and that it has culminated in Retraining of Racehorses unveiling IFAR. We want to continue on this journey and we look forward to supporting IFAR when it hosts its first international conference in October 2017."

Jamie Stier, Chairman of IFHA's Horse Welfare Committee, welcomed the launch of IFAR: "Encouragingly, there is now a better understanding and greater recognition that our shared responsibility for the welfare of racehorses extends beyond their career on the racetrack. With awareness of the versatility of former racehorses increasing and more success stories being promoted, the time is right to pool learnings from around the world so that best practice and standards can be applied internationally."

From the United States, Jim Gagliano, President of The Jockey Club and Vice Chairman of IFHA, said: "Through initiatives such as the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance and the Thoroughbred Incentive Program, The Jockey Club is playing an active role in promoting the retraining of racehorses in North America and we are delighted to be one of the founding members of IFAR."

"Promoting equine welfare both during and after a horse's racing career is vital in ensuring the public's confidence in the sport is maintained and is integral to the future health of horseracing. I would also like to thank Godolphin for hosting this forum and for bringing together like-minded parties from around the world."

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

http://www.abc.net.au/landline/

Archives tab at the top & Iview the right Smile
thanks
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 7:46pm
http://www.abc.net.au/landline/

Archives tab at the top & Iview the right Smile
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 8:49pm
Thank you Gay3 ,.i was hoping I would get a sensible answer, I had a feeling I was asking something stupid and I was waiting for the knockout punch!!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 8:23pm
Landline = online definitely!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>