Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Rough as Gutz thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 44>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 12:10pm
Found a few, but not too confident.

Beau Balmain (MR1) tricked me when he first arrived out here ... thought he was going to be a nice stayer ... massive unders today at $34 on his recent form, but he's sucked me in again! ... oh well, won't have to wait long to find out.

Mr Reckless (MR7) is the outsider for Waller in this @$31 ... that'll do! 

Had a dash at Chapter and Verse in Brisbane at similar odds - he comes through a different form line to the favourites there, but has a good record at the t/d.

Good Luck to all the roughies!

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Good luck marble - I'm throwing him in my exotics - wasn't far off Vanna Girl who would be about a $5 chance in this.

The fav looks to just need luck.

I was too slow, and just missed out on buying a share in Supergiant when Michael Costa first advertised him - he looks promising too.

thanks Doc - i have backed supergiant at his last 2 starts - very promising, just thought the 1800 today was a query
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 3:06pm
Bomb scare at EF
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 4:28am
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Good luck marble - I'm throwing him in my exotics - wasn't far off Vanna Girl who would be about a $5 chance in this.

The fav looks to just need luck.

I was too slow, and just missed out on buying a share in Supergiant when Michael Costa first advertised him - he looks promising too.

thanks Doc - i have backed supergiant at his last 2 starts - very promising, just thought the 1800 today was a query

Yes, when I heard about the float problems with the favourite, I doubled up! ... I've followed him from his first trial over here - looks promising, doubt he will be a world beater, but the owners now have a free horse (could have been one of them!Cry) and what you see is what you get, jump and run stayer - Grand Prix next stop - probably be better over that sort of distance with maturity next prep too. Good to hear you were on!Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 5:54pm
i thought we had the quinella on the turn - I kept backing montez as he drifted - got to 250-1 and was still right in it at 200, held on for 5thCry
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 6:43am
Yes it was huge, used him up early too ... I actually had the first 6 across the line in my tri ... I was hoping the fav missed a drum!

Interesting to see them all go around again in a week and a bit in the Rough Habit ... won't get 250/1 for Montez. Liked the way the Tavistock filly came home.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 7:12am
2. Benz(7) @ 23.00
Morphettville • Race 7

12. Winsome Voyage(6) @ 126.00/31.00
Caulfield • Race 4

8. The Lord Mayor(18) @ 26.00
Rosehill • Race 7

2. Tarzan (8) @ 26.00
Doomben • Race 6

4. Tavirun (6) @ 31.00
Caulfield • Race 7

Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 2:48pm
Eagle Farm tomorrow

Race 7   #11 Overlord - His run when second to Peltzer on 9 May is my highest rated performance in this race. He subsequently finished a well beaten second to Peltzer again when favourite but that was on a heavy track (although a lot of people thought he would be a swimmer on breeding). The market seems to have sacked him after that run. I don't know why. I can't believe they are betting $20. He has drawn badly but he was probably going to be ridden back in the field anyway. There should be good pace up front & I expect him to be storming home as he did when recording fast finishing sections on 9 May.

Race 8   Two of my three highest rated horses are at big odds in the Stradbroke - #7 Crack Me Up & #10 Graff. 
Crack Me Up's run in the Takeover Target was a beauty running outstanding final sections. I'd be very surprised he he doesn't run really well. Admittedly 1400m is probably as far as Graff likes to run but I think he will get the trip with a light weight on his back & a good alley. At $41 he was worth a small investment. I have a stack of other runners rated just behind these so will be going wide in the Quady.

Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 4:46pm
R6 - Valac

R7 - Mr Reckless
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 3:30am
Caulfield

Race 9  - I don't know why Peso is a 100/1 chance in this. Last October, he ran 2nd in a Gp1 in New Zealand behind Melody Belle. He probably will be better over 2000m later in the prep but they are claiming 3kg & this is a BM84 & they are betting 100/1 ????? However, my top rated is also a nice price, Pure Scot $21. But she is drawn the outside & there might be a slight query over the 1700m. She has won over 1600m & been placed in Group company over that distance but in the past failed when attempting further.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 5:31pm
Ipswich

Race 8 #8 Sunday Sassy
Liked her win first up & think she is good value in this at $21. I'm just hoping she starts in this 3yo Hdcp & not Race 9.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 11:08pm
Not happy. She's been scratched from Race 8 & will run in the last which looks much tougher.
Disapprove

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 3:00pm
thought Curragh would go alright in the 4th at flemington - double rover with tavidance and the field
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 6:14pm
Morphettville R8 - Jaguary

Competitive in Melb in the past, at great odds today.  Having a little on each way
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 5:11am
Caulfield
Race 8  #17  Harlech  - He was a very good 3yo last season in New Zealand winning the Gp2 Sarten Memorial & running 2nd in the Gp1 Levin Classic & the Gp1 New Zealand 2000 Guineas in which he was 2.3 lengths behind Catalyst with Sherwood Forest 3rd. He has a huge chance with only 54kg on his back. Currently $31

Also Race 8  #10 Achernar Star - Before coming to Victoria, he had good form in WA including 4th beaten 1.13 lengths in a Railway. Admittedly, his first-up run was ordinary but last prep he improved markedly second-up & I expect him to be ridden more forward this week. Currently $51

Randwick
Race 7  #9  Tactical Advantage - He is a horse that can finish very strongly in a fast run race. He might get that on Saturday & I plan to include him in my quaddies. Currently $61

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 11:57am
not quite rough as guts but Steel Prince is right in this
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 7:31pm
Wondering if good judge Grey Affair had a slice of F4 in the Rupert Clarke ? 26 1/2 K, nice if ya did GA.Wink
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

not quite rough as guts but Steel Prince is right in this

Drew inside and but was amazingly caught three wide without cover for most of the race.  Was entitled to tire but a top effort to run third.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:04pm
The Mayor snared a nice one on his Villagebets site:

Lucky Longshots:

Kens Dream $31, From Within $21, Cafe Rizu $31, Haky $31, Broadwayandfourth $21 2nd

Many congrats & keep 'em coming Clap

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Wondering if good judge Grey Affair had a slice of F4 in the Rupert Clarke ? 26 1/2 K, nice if ya did GA.Wink

LOL .. I rarely take First Fours although in that leg of the quaddy, I took half the field & ended up with the first five across the line. However, because I went long in that leg, I only had Lyre & Fiesta running for me in the final leg so I missed out. Definitely not a good judge! Wacko
Hope you better luck!

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 10:08am
Sydney

R1 #8 Testashadow @ $67 - the old boy was decent 2nd up, has form t/d, no weight, barrier 1 he will get a lovely trail into this and may wind back the clock.

R8 #1 Mustajeer @ $67 - the class in this race, but might need a bit more give in the surface. The last time Hughie rode a 66/1 chance in Sydney I was an him too!

Melb

R4 #1 Fifty Stars @ $21 - a proper G1 horse who is a silly price simply because he doesn't race over this distance much - does love Flemington.

R6 #17 South Pacific @ $41 - the forgotten import? odds on last start and ran a shocker - forgive? Same race #1 Young Rascal @ $51 - beat up on Mugatoo a few stars back - that form puts him in the finish.

R7 # 5 Dalasan @ $20 - should be cherry ripe now - draws to get the gun run - no Russian Camelot or Fierce Impact - target race?

R8 #9 Fidelia @ $81 - done nothing this time in, drawn the carpark, but multiple G2 placings and loves the track, 3rd up throw at the stumps.

R9 # 11 Johnnie Get Angry @ $27 - looked a stayer in the making last time in when close up behind Cherry Tortini and Alcyone in runs out to this t/d- if the other Tavistock gelding doesn't win, he might go close - Derby would be the target. price is wrong.

Just multi them all and buy a block of flats!Wink
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 1:45pm
Newcastle R6 H5 Farmers Friend $8
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 1:46pm
NC R7 H8 Miss Twilight $9.50
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 5:36pm
Your dual acceptor has been smashed in the betting Sis!

Good luck, I hope my money doesn't slow them down!Wink
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 7:03pm
something on The Pres in the last - don't think this one has covid
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 7:08pm
that was a train smash - should have nearly won. M rodd a shocker
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Newcastle R6 H5 Farmers Friend $8

They never run well after the vet inspection ... just scratch them!Cry
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 12:05am
3rd, decent EW bet 
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

NC R7 H8 Miss Twilight $9.50
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 6:01pm
Tahitian Dancer last at Rosehill - a talented mare that has run some nice races second up and this looks a bit easier than her first up run.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 7:13pm
Randwick  Race 4  #9  Mr Marathon Man
I think his form is better than many may appreciate, particularly those two runs in January. His form reads 9 starts on good tracks for no placings but there are a few close 4ths in there. He was nosed out of third in the Festival Stakes back in November at 200/1 so I'm hoping for another big run at huge odds.
$51

Flemington  Race 6  #17  Prague
My equal top rated horse with September Run. He is a talented 3yo with a light weight & I believe they are good ingredients for a Newmarket. He is also in the Canterbury Stakes but surely the Newmarket is a better option.
$51

Flemington  Race 8  #13  San Huberto
Probably considered better over further but his run in the Mornington Cup Prelude with a big weight was outstanding. Fifty Stars is my top rater in the race but I think this fellow will run a big race
$26

Randwick  Race 9  #18  Selica
Racing well without luck. Rarely far away including a 3rd when giving 3kg to Quantum Mechanic at Flemington at her last start. That mare is one of the favourites in a Gp3 on Saturday.
$67

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 44>