Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Climate Change - Global Warming..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 393394395396397 539>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 11:32pm
One thing we can be absolutely certain about COVID-19, is that 80 degrees Farenheit won't kill it, otherwise it wouldn't survive in the human body's 98 degrees Farenheit temperature.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 1:20am
Sure about that ?  And if so, post proof.
animals before people.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 10:40am
2020 on track to be the hottest year ever since recording began, breaking the record of 2016 being the hottest.
I can't remember the last coldest year recorded - can any of you deniers help me with that? maybe its just the weather not being that cold for the last 100 years

Record hot temperatures set in antarctica, greenland .

but no - its just the weatherConfused
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 11:27am
Papers coming out this week refuting the corona/hot climate theory after rising numbers in the warmer South Eastern US states.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 11:43am
Residents of the Southeast have a diverse wardrobe, for while the region's climate is generally mild, most areas of the Southeast experience frequent extreme summer heat and occasional extreme winter cold. Subfreezing temperatures are also common during the winter in the northern parts of the Southeast.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 11:50am
Now Greta says me must "Tackle Two Crises at Once". Doesn't she realise Raelene has already stepped down

Refer ALP Election Promises
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 11:56am
Her script writers must need the money .

Greta is an ugly thing,    Terrible to say that about one so young , but she would truly turn a light off.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 1:19pm
I knew you would love that above pic of her, Macca.   LOL She does look a bit freaky doesnt she . CryMy friend in Arizona says its already 100 F where she lives, and the indians on the reservations are dying like flies from the virus, so maybe Max was correct after all.Thumbs Up

animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 3:57pm
One has to laugh at these Scientists venting their brainy ideas about bushfires .      So much worse as time passes. They are now suggesting outer space monitoring of the danger times .

Not one has touched on the changing habits of the fires fuel .
Go back a few years and every second truck was loaded with fire wood .
Open fires and the advent of slow combustion wood fires were in every home.

Need I say more. Use the head fellows , that's what Universities are supposed to teach you.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 4:49pm
Golden Wattle made great firewood.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 8:34pm
My point is true tho Max.   What the Fk did they need a Royal Commission for.
Soaring populations into bushland housing and nothing removing the fuel anymore.

Millions of tons removed to the old wood yards .   No more. So it will burn where it grows..        .Ringbarking trees for next years fireplaces was a solid employment opportunity.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 9:09am
The climate change doomsday scenario has been put on hold and will resume after the current doomsday scenario magically goes away
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 10:06am
The next big story will be about COVID-19 clinging to pollution particulates in the air.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 10:33am
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 12:22pm
One day some consideration will be given to fking about with Mother Nature.

Question why one species is made for and survives in one Country but not in others .        . Just maybe a nature induced survival kit , may be these virus for intruders.
The possum / bandicoots carries the paralysis Tic with immunity but God help any other living thing the tic gets onto.
Why does all Australian Natives have padded feet = NOT hooves .

As the world becomes a smaller place and these foriegn animals and their survival kits mix and are consumed .     Maybe there's a link to the uncontrolled release of defence virus.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 1:01pm
I agree with you macca, fwiw! Viruses too are living organisms & as part of the bigger picture are likely to be a large part of Nature's balancing act, striking when & where needed with the capacity to mutate at will.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 2:43pm

I've had an on going health problem with Son 3 ( He's still with me )

Seen more Doctors and had more scans etc than an army.

Today an ultra sound reveals Thyroiditis , enlarged thyroid gland , to go with peptic ulcerations etc.
After those results revealed , his Dr puts him on anti depressants.

We are depending on These Medico's to solve our worldwide Sars2 problems and this clown decides an anti depressant is a better option than ANTIBIOTICS for an infection.     GOD HELP THE WORLD.

I can't believe it ... Dr all the way from India ... good luck with our skilled migration.
I'll get him to change his port of call.

Edited by Gay3 - 29 Apr 2020 at 3:02pm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 3:40pm
I find it most confusing as well as misleading, when heat records are put down to 'climate change' yet record cold spells such as below, are simply termed 'extreme weather' events Confused

Adelaide has coldest April day since 2008 with severe weather expected to continue

11:57 EST

Adelaide has recorded its coldest April day in 12 years but there is no reprieve just yet, with a severe weather warning in place for damaging winds for parts of the state.

Snow piling up as icy blast hits Australia's southeast

11:33 EST

Australia's alps have been transformed by a fresh layer of thick snow during the last two days as a pulse of freezing weather hits southeastern Australia.

Queensland cold weather snap breaks 30-year-old record in state's south

11:10 EST

A cold front has begun sweeping across southern Queensland, bringing record low temperatures to the outback in a snap that will remain until next week.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 3:50pm
There is that tendency, to gild the lily, by attributing heat to "climate change", but cold to "weather". And every storm and flash flood a "one in 100 year event", when wiser heads know that is wildly inaccurate.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 3:52pm
I avoided your signature this time gay3----

Very hard to get a definitive answer on anything these days gay3.

To many subsections , by Law 36 sub section 306 of the dog and goat act.

Climate Change is a delusion .. and we wouldn't be fighting Sars2 if the wasted C C dollars had gone into research on an area of life that could wipe out humanity , one day.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 11:27am
Oh it's cold today, where is Greta
EAD
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 11:35am
Friction causes heat..    She'd be in a Motel somewhere.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 1:06pm
What a waste to assume these possibilities as fact. Climate Change is not alone .
Years ago when Medicine started to use animal parts to transplant to humans.
( pig gut ) I assumed that in time , they would be transplanting animal organs to humans .       I WAS OVER THE MOON>    So I prepared.
It hasn't eventuated.    But what has made me so bloody angry is :-

I've been Feeding this bluddy DONKEY , for years , for no gain.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 9:28am

How the pandemic is improving air quality

Dramatic reductions in air pollution have been recorded around the world, given the economic shutdown and drastically lower levels of automobile and air traffic resulting from the coronavirus pandemic. “Sunday Morning” producer Sara Kugel reports.APR 30, 2020https://www.cbsnews.com/video/how-the-pandemic-is-improving-air-quality/
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 12:30pm
Do you feel any better for it ?.

Your Dog & Cat hairs , The bird feathers etc will Test your Respiratory System more than the exhaust of a few Vehicles.
   Fish swim in their own excreta and we chase them as a delicacy.

I REST my case.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 8:07pm
Here is a great opportunity for the science deniers to learn the truth ... ENJOY!Big smile

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 9:55pm
Your best post this year PT.

You missed Doc too aye.

The seasons have been a little earlier recently.   Who's Fault ?

Trump's , Abbott's or Global Warming.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 1:53am

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 4:00pm
Good work Doc .      have a good rest after hose down.

PT tried to steal your thunder, so that's a positive step in the de radicalisation program.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 393394395396397 539>