Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NSW Bushfires

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 12:44pm
I donated to a single parent family from my local football community who lost their son tragically over Christmas ... not fire related, so she's not getting an insurance or government payout, but at least she gets the lot ... one of the saddest funerals I've ever attended.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 12:46pm
That will be the next thing, what insurance companies are prepared to pay out on and what they will refuse to.

Claims totals will be astronomical.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Arsonists = climate change

LOL those 4 words are all you need.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 12:59pm
Nothing changes - damn you SBS, this report should be removed, like all history!

Bushfires are still NOT caused by climate change.

The problem is still INADEQUATE FUEL REDUCTION.

The Greens LIE.

Fires not due to climate change: expert

Linking NSW's bushfires to climate change is 'nonsense', a leading expert says.

This article was originally published on 21/10/13.

UPDATE 14/11/19: 

UPDATE 14/11/19: 

Speaking earlier this week, Mr Packham confirmed his position on what is causing the current severe bushfire conditions. Addressing the matter on Sky News, he said fuel loads remain the core issue.

"The most important (factor) is the dryness of the fuel, which comes from the hot dry weather," he said.

"It's not behind the lot of it, it's behind all of it. The theory is as solid as the universal theory of gravitation."

SBS has attempted to contact Mr Packham on whether he holds the same views he expressed in the original 2013 article refuting links between climate change and bushfires at that time.

Linking the bushfire disaster in NSW to climate change is "an absolute nonsense" and reducing fuel loads in the Australian bush is urgently needed, a leading scientist says.

Retired Monash University researcher David Packham says global warming is a gradual process which doesn't explain major bushfires.

Greens deputy leader Adam Bandt has been accused of playing politics by linking the NSW bushfires to the new federal government's climate change policies.

But Mr Packham says there is no link.

"It's an absolute nonsense," he told AAP.

"The very best interpretation is (it's) misguided by them not understanding how bushfires actually do work in Australia.

"If there is any global warming, the global warming is so slow and so small that the bushfire event is totally overrun by the fuel state."

Mr Packham has previously accused "latte conservationists" of having too much influence on forest management.

He says fuel loads are now the heaviest they have been since human occupation of the continent and Aboriginal methods need to be adopted.

Flying over the Blue Mountains in recent years had been "frightening", he said.

"There's been this determination over the last 10 to 20 years to not treat our country in the same way the indigenous people treated it for 30,000 years," Mr Packham said.

"The concept has been every fire is a bad fire.

"In the Australian context you need fire to keep the bush healthy and safe."

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/fires-not-due-to-climate-change-expert?fbclid=IwAR3ebU7diWNqmY1ehm0i9cx0nzyXrPwvN67CGzyhfD0Jr__Q2DpY-wYVk-g

It is interesting that so many of these historical statements were "investigated" and reported previously by the ABC and SBS ... yet they ignore the science and the scientists today, and would rather report on opinions of feral parasitic hippies with goats and Greens Politicians - who are the same people anyway.

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

I donated to a single parent family from my local football community who lost their son tragically over Christmas ... not fire related, so she's not getting an insurance or government payout, but at least she gets the lot ... one of the saddest funerals I've ever attended.

Well you have stated you have no sympathy for bushfire victims, it is their own stupid fault for choosing to live where they do Dead

The donation to the single mother, was it your valuable time calculated at $200 an hour or $500 so she would put up with you over lunch Smile
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Well you have stated you have no sympathy for bushfire victims, it is their own stupid fault for choosing to live where they do Dead

The donation to the single mother, was it your valuable time calculated at $200 an hour or $500 so she would put up with you over lunch Smile

No whale, just cash - the family were actually wonderful volunteers in the local football clubs. 

Now whale, don't be a dick - I have no sympathy for people who lose their property if they build in a risk area, and do not insure, and I refuse to give money to the Charity Industry Beggars, because so little gets to those who need it  - genuine victims obviously have my sympathy, and yours i suspect, that is why I donated non perishable food and clothes at a local collection spot - I hope you didn't, they have standards, although I suspect flares, body shirts and Safari Suits will have a comeback for you someday.LOL

Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 2:13pm
Now now Doc.
I for one will never lose my love of corduroy.
I hope you kept some of those gems, they will return👍
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 2:15pm
Thumbs Up
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 2:20pm
[
[/QUOTE]

No whale, just cash - the family were actually wonderful volunteers in the local football clubs. 

Now whale, don't be a dick - I have no sympathy for people who lose their property if they build in a risk area, and do not insure, and I refuse to give money to the Charity Industry Beggars, because so little gets to those who need it  - genuine victims obviously have my sympathy, and yours i suspect, that is why I donated non perishable food and clothes at a local collection spot - I hope you didn't, they have standards, although I suspect flares, body shirts and Safari Suits will have a comeback for you someday.LOL

[/QUOTE]

Charities have asked people to stop donating, clothes, blankets ,food etc as it just uses valuable resources to process them. They have said cash is the best donation and we know you only donate in kind, your valuable time Wink

It must have been quite handy for you to clear out your wardrobe like that but don't expect us to believe it was charitable 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 2:43pm
Cut down Eucalyptus trees and plant Mediterranean Cypresses.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 2:45pm
Maybe they will be as successful in fire as the huge pine plantations have been ???
animals before people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 3:24pm
Red Cross

Hope the donations are used as they say

Dear whale,

We’ve all been touched in some way by the immense size and scale of these fires. Millions of hectares of land burnt and thousands of homes destroyed, too many loved ones lost or hurt.

So we have rallied. Not just in Australia but around the world.

Thank you. We’ve been overwhelmed by the outpouring of generosity, and together we have now raised $35 million. 

Every dollar from supporters like you goes to our disaster relief and recovery work, and your donation is already hard at work.

In total, we’ve supported more than 20,000 people this season. Your generosity makes it possible for us to help even more – now and long after the disaster has passed.

"We'll be there every step of the recovery" ~ Judy Slatyer, our CEO

From all of our volunteers and staff, thank you. We’re very grateful.
The team at Australian Red Cross.

PS. At times like this, it's important to look out for each other. We’d like to share these tips and resources on looking after yourself and loved ones to help each other cope.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 4:37pm

[

[/QUOTE]

Charities have asked people to stop donating, clothes, blankets ,food etc as it just uses valuable resources to process them. They have said cash is the best donation and we know you only donate in kind, your valuable time Wink

It must have been quite handy for you to clear out your wardrobe like that but don't expect us to believe it was charitable 
[/QUOTE]

So as I understand it, they asked people to stop donating after they received yours - an out of date packet of fish fingers, a can of Spam, an empty Tim Tam wrapper and your flanno, blue singlet, trackie dacks and thong (single).

... and I will have you now, the Beluga Caviar and Grange were surplus from Festive Season celebrations, and I'm already missing my Pierre Cardin Suits ...Cry 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Maybe they will be as successful in fire as the huge pine plantations have been ???
This is interesting!  

California says "Thanks for Nothing Australia"Angry ... we forgot to send the Aboriginals and Koalas!

Eucalyptus: How California's Most Hated Tree Took Root

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 4:45pm
Blackfellas here say the same about white fellas and cane toads.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 5:00pm

So as I understand it, they asked people to stop donating after they received yours - an out of date packet of fish fingers, a can of Spam, an empty Tim Tam wrapper and your flanno, blue singlet, trackie dacks and thong (single).

... and I will have you now, the Beluga Caviar and Grange were surplus from Festive Season celebrations, and I'm already missing my Pierre Cardin Suits ...Cry 
[/QUOTE]

Come on Doc, grease stained aprons ,overalls from the falafel van work, and towels and rags stained with other things from your fav recreation, the circle group Shocked
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 5:21pm

[

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
Oh Doc, why would you admit to owning Pierre Cardin suits.......

Yeah, it meets the dress regs in the members, but people aren’t admiring it when they’re staring at you.
They’re wondering whether you bought it at the op shop,or borrowed it from your brother.....
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Blackfellas here say the same about white fellas and cane toads.

Yep, if white fellas never invaded, there would be no Global Warming here, no ignorant destructive Greenies, and no bushfire deaths.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:54pm

Come on Doc, grease stained aprons ,overalls from the falafel van work, and towels and rags stained with other things from your fav recreation, the circle group Shocked
[/QUOTE]

4/10 ... sorry Whale, but superior to rusty's "rusty" effort. Dead
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 1:47am
These Bushfires are a true "CATATROPHE", and they have created a real "EMERGENCY", and we have the right people in place to respond.

Most importantly we need to understand why this happened, and ensure it never happens again.

So we need to rely on "HISTORY" for that ... not "HYSTERIA" Cry

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:31am
But let's blame this made up climate change nonsense

Need more black fellas from the land to help with back burning during winter months, that's if the greens allow that of course
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 6:06am

These Bushfires are a true "CATATROPHE", and they have created a real "EMERGENCY", and we have the right people in place to respond.

Most importantly we need to understand why this happened, and ensure it never happens again.

So we need to rely on "HISTORY" for that ... not "HYSTERIA" Cry

Promoting official Greens policy Doc.

Well done you.Clap
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 12:13am
Really PT ... Green Policy? ... when did I even mention "DEATH TAX"... Embarrassed
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 12:45pm
WA mining magnate Andrew Forrest and his wife Nicola have donated $70 million towards the national bush fire relief and recovery effort.

Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 12:54pm
Wow, that is some donation.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 2:11pm
Good grief !  That is gob smackingly amazing.
Whats even more gob smacking is to think someone can part with that muchmoney,   just like that, and still be rich.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 3:36pm
animals before people.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

WA mining magnate Andrew Forrest and his wife Nicola have donated $70 million towards the national bush fire relief and recovery effort.

Clap

Andrew Forrest owns a large portion of Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (FMG) is an iron ore production and exploration company with assets located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.

Surely not a person who has made all his money by extracting dreadful minerals from the ground ?

Thankfully if he had not extracted minerals that donation would not have been made.

What do the Greens think about that ?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 4:02pm
BB do you ever post without pushing your political views Clown
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 4:07pm
That is a magnificent gesture, even if it does only represent about three quarters of one percent of his current worth.Star
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>