Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > International Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Japanese Racing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 4:47pm
Every nation is obsessed with speed. It is the number one function of the racing horse - SPEED.

Where Australia kisss up and YOU and your crony refuse to take note is the development of middle distant and stamina horses.

Watch 95% of the imported stayers will revert to Australian standard once our trainers have started influencing their performance. 

You can almost guarantee if Almond Eye was with Waller she'd be too fast to be tried over 2400m, The same can be said for Lys Gracieux.

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 5:06pm
Strange you should say that about Almond Eye djebel, jockey advised a switch back to 2000 Lemaire) as she failed to comeback under him and 2500 was asking too much? he also stated she didn't handle tight corners ( go figure) , the time LysG ran 2-30 -00 with a nice pacemaker ( who punctured on the corner, Job done!) was 1 sec. outside race record, averaging 12 secs for 200 mts. very close to what we average here although the mare may have equalled it if ridden out, don't bring Waller into it imo most of his imports are very average, I did say most lol,
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 5:16pm
Lemaire himself might have been at fault with the ride there. He was posted 3 wide and tried to move forward and this probably fired her up, although I thought she settled quite nicely when you could get a good look at them.

If they were looking for excuses for her, and there were a few, She travelled deep and moved into the race like a good thing but when the pressure went on there was nothing there. My thoughts were the virus that ruled her out of Hong Kong probably left her under the weather for that last up hill 400 or so metres after the wide trip.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 5:23pm
Watch the way it all opens up for Lane as they come around the bend into the straight.

reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 5:34pm
So do you think the ride by Lane was perhaps not as good?

Edited by Gay3 - 23 Dec 2019 at 6:13pm
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Every nation is obsessed with speed. It is the number one function of the racing horse - SPEED.

Where Australia kisss up and YOU and your crony refuse to take note is the development of middle distant and stamina horses.

Watch 95% of the imported stayers will revert to Australian standard once our trainers have started influencing their performance. 

You can almost guarantee if Almond Eye was with Waller she'd be too fast to be tried over 2400m, The same can be said for Lys Gracieux.

Another foolish comment. I am well aware about our trainers and their lack of developing middle distance/staying horses.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 5:37pm

Lemaire himself might have been at fault with the ride there. He was posted 3 wide and tried to move forward and this probably fired her up, although I thought she settled quite nicely when you could get a good look at them.

If they were looking for excuses for her, and there were a few, She travelled deep and moved into the race like a good thing but when the pressure went on there was nothing there. My thoughts were the virus that ruled her out of Hong Kong probably left her under the weather for that last up hill 400 or so metres after the wide trip.

Spot on here......the ride wasn't the best. 3 wide for most of the trip didn't help.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Strange you should say that about Almond Eye djebel, jockey advised a switch back to 2000 Lemaire) as she failed to comeback under him and 2500 was asking too much? he also stated she didn't handle tight corners ( go figure) , the time LysG ran 2-30 -00 with a nice pacemaker ( who punctured on the corner, Job done!) was 1 sec. outside race record, averaging 12 secs for 200 mts. very close to what we average here although the mare may have equalled it if ridden out, don't bring Waller into it imo most of his imports are very average, I did say most lol,

So 2500m was too far yet she won at 2400m last year in the Japan Cup. Maybe being 3 wide didn't help?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 5:40pm
I don't call that opening up Djebel.  He managed to get down a lane between the first 1/2 and second 1/2 of the field but had to go right to the outside to run for the winning post.

She didn't even show sweat between her hind legs so a superior run all around.  Just in a purple patch that's for sure.

Jamel you didn't read my post well.  I said we have lost our superior mare in Winx and are now in a period which has to find a next class runners.  She saw most of her crew off to stud before she retired.  Now a three year old ran a very good second (much closer than anything yesterday got to her) and even Te Akau Shark did better than those runners!

They ran well and can improve they didn't just get walked over.  That's what I'm saying.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 5:45pm
And like Djebel said.  Speed is very important.  The rest of the world can win 2400m Derby's and Oaks with horses out of our speed horses who can barely win over 1200m let alone 1400m. 

Maybe it's because we train on our race tracks.  I don't know.

Back at the end of the 1800's we were sending superior stayers out to England which help with their breeding or stayers.  Now we send sprinters. Then they send decendents back for our Melbourne Cup - go figure.

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

I don't call that opening up Djebel.  He managed to get down a lane between the first 1/2 and second 1/2 of the field but had to go right to the outside to run for the winning post.<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

She didn't even show sweat between her hind legs so a superior run all around.  Just in a purple patch that's for sure.

Jamel you didn't read my post well.  I said we have lost our superior mare in Winx and are now in a period which has to find a next class runners.  She saw most of her crew off to stud before she retired.  Now a three year old ran a very good second (much closer than anything yesterday got to her) and even Te Akau Shark did better than those runners!

They ran well and can improve they didn't just get walked over.  That's what I'm saying.

And I'm saying there has been a lack of depth in 2000m to 3200m racing for the past 5 or 6 years - even before the champion Winx was on the scene.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Another foolish comment. I am well aware about our trainers and their lack of developing middle distance/staying horses.

You say it is a foolish comment yet I doubt you even know what I meant.

reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 6:04pm
You are a fool for even assuming that.

Edited by Gay3 - 23 Dec 2019 at 6:11pm
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 6:11pm
I am a fool for engaging with you and that clown.
reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 6:13pm
No not at all. You just get worked up when people have a different point of view. I'd hate to see you in parliament as a politician...you'd get worked up over any issue

Edited by Gay3 - 23 Dec 2019 at 6:17pm
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 6:13pm

I am a fool for engaging with you and that clown.

But no - you are not a fool.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 6:18pm

kiss right off.

People always have different point of view to me.

It is just you and your tag team mate who piss me right off.

YOU and HIM are absolute dills.

Again if you annoyed at people's different point of view then that is your problem....not my problem...not anyone else's problem...But YOUR problem. Understand? Why grt worked up over peoples different opinion(s). Historically you and I have got along well - let's keep it that way shall we...and again.. do not get worked up. Just calm down.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

So 2500m was too far yet she won at 2400m last year in the Japan Cup. Maybe being 3 wide didn't help?

Have a chat with Lemaire he might enlighten more than me , I'm just quoting fwiw.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 6:31pm
Have a chat with Lemaire he might enlighten more than me , I'm just quoting fwiw.[/QUOTE]

Yeah all good I'm not doubting you mate

Edited by Gay3 - 23 Dec 2019 at 9:25pm
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 8:39pm
Jamal,you have beeon a mission to diminish Winx for years and even when facts refute your claims you harp on.
Maybe you are upset she is better than Rogan Josh or anything that has come out of WA.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 8:44pm
I have said plenty of times that Winx is a champion.

Edited by Gay3 - 23 Dec 2019 at 9:26pm
Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 9:45pm
I see Lys Gracieux just won the Japanese Grp 1 by 5 lengths smashing Almond Eye in the process. It doesn't make the 2019 Cox plate form look too bad even in a weak year. Just goes to show how good Winx was as she would have beaten Castlevechio by panels.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 9:57pm
Well said rancher.

Pretty sure that the win by Lys G will be and should be rated highest of the year.
DiEM25 for the world.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 9:58pm
Also given LG just won the biggest race in Japan by 5 lengths beating Almond Eye she should be rated the best horse in the world IMO. Screw those Euros that can't do much on the world stage on good flat tracks but keep on getting stupidly high ratings
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 10:07pm
kavg you beat me to it. Totally agree. She absolutely smashed them in Japan's biggest Grp 1.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Red Rancher Red Rancher wrote:

Also given LG just won the biggest race in Japan by 5 lengths beating Almond Eye she should be rated the best horse in the world IMO. Screw those Euros that can't do much on the world stage on good flat tracks but keep on getting stupidly high ratings

Red Rancher- How many Euros have won G1s on flat tracks in Australia? I think you'll find plenty have.

"Screw those Euros that can't do much on the world stage on good flat tracks" that comment is plain wrong.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 1:44pm
The fact is that if Enable or Crystal ocean or magical had done exactly what Lys G did on Sunday it would be the highest rated performance of the year.
I await to see what all the international ratings agencies do.Whether they rate accordingly or continue to be a biased laughing stock. And I am not for one second denigrating the magnificent Enable has done or her friends from Europe.
DiEM25 for the world.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

The fact is that if Enable or Crystal ocean or magical had done exactly what Lys G did on Sunday it would be the highest rated performance of the year.
I await to see what all the international ratings agencies do.Whether they rate accordingly or continue to be a biased laughing stock. And I am not for one second denigrating the magnificent Enable has done or her friends from Europe.

I personallynthink Timeform should give the performance around the mark of 127 to 129.

In regards to the OR (Official Rating) in which Longines do the ratings and these ratings decide "best horses in the world etc" usually they are a few pounds lower then Timeform due to different methods I think. So I am guessing 125 to 126 at least.

It was a great win. Won easily.
Formerly Kincsem View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formerly Kincsem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 10:02pm
She beat the best horses from the strongest racing jurisdiction on the planet by 5L. If she gets 127 (whobegotyou) to 129 (Ocean Park), then the UK ruse roles on. Must be circa 131+ to be taken seriously.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 11:01pm
Agree FK. Simple mathematics.
DiEM25 for the world.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>