Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tributes Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

John McNair.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 1:57pm
If she had to carry 60kg yesterday I think he could have beat her.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 2:15pm
i hear today he most likely wont go to ascot.
he deserves all the wins he gets !  he is a real genuine race horse.
animals before people.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by gcg84 gcg84 wrote:

I'd love to see that race. BC with 60 kgs and HL with 58.5 kgs would be a big turn around in the weights.

Line ball for mine.

I'm just glad HL got his Group 1 win again, and McNair is deserving of all the credit as far as I can see. He seems to have the horse's welfare at heart at all times.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

I'd love to see that race. BC with 60 kgs and HL with 58.5 kgs would be a big turn around in the weights.

Line ball for mine.

I'm just glad HL got his Group 1 win again, and McNair is deserving of all the credit as far as I can see. He seems to have the horse's welfare at heart at all times.

1/2 length to him I reckon Scamando, only because he is such a big horse he carries the weight and I feel the weight would slow her crusing speed the last 200
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 2:52pm

Not a chance GCG. I actually think his Lightning run was as good as yesterday, the margin to Buffering with weight pull is spot on (awesome efforts in both it should be stated though). She has beaten him comfortably every start at WFA, and even in the Lighning he had every chance and still wasnt good enough.

And yes Subastral I entirely agree regarding McNair. What a very (very) poor loser and bad winner.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by melbsteve melbsteve wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Weaklings dream in silence.

Call me sexist, i don't care but you have to be female Djebel as your thought process is so different to reality and logic than that of a man.  HL has never beaten BC and never will. 

I would not call you sexist, A Sheep perhaps but not sexist.
reductio ad absurdum
melbsteve View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melbsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 2:55pm
Do you honestly believe HL can beat BC?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 2:56pm
I doubt the man is a poor loser.... i think he prob stirs gelatie because he has a champion on his hands but all the idiots in the media want to do is talk about BC. Good on him I much rather watch Hay List win by digging deep carrying massive weights then watch her walk around at WFA.

Chris B I feel HY list would handle his 58kg alot better then she would handle 60kg. I think he would have beaten her but that is only IMO
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 3:01pm

I doubt the man is a poor loser.... i think he prob stirs gelatie because he has a champion on his hands but all the idiots in the media want to do is talk about BC. Good on him I much rather watch Hay List win by digging deep carrying massive weights then watch her walk around at WFA.

Chris B I feel HY list would handle his 58kg alot better then she would handle 60kg. I think he would have beaten her but that is only IMO

Fair point Sub about McNair, but then he never seems to stop whinging. Just dont rate that kind of person, no doubt he is a great horseman hence HL brilliant results.

Again, fair point regarding weight, but then Caviar carried 58 and nearly broke track record - so I doubt an extra 2kg would make any difference. I think people eaisly forget that whilst HL pushed her in the lightning he was entitled to - he had everything in his favour, if she wad trained for 1000m to be her Grand Final she would have easily had lengths on him again.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 3:02pm
I think he can stretch her. I think he can get to within a lip of her.

Probably not if you stretch my arm, force me to put my hard earned on NO. But he is the only horse on the planet that would test her and Every time they have met he has gotten closer and closer to her.

Perhaps John McNair is not wrong/dreaming when he says he has never been right when they have met.

There is no doubt Hay List was better yesterday than he was in the Lightning.

NO DOUBT.

reductio ad absurdum
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 3:03pm
EDIT: Fair point GCG not Sub - sorry!  Smile 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 3:05pm

That was his first and last go in a handicap since he has reached the summit. He will not be running in handicaps anymore, He will be targeting those poofy WFA races from here on in.
reductio ad absurdum
melbsteve View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melbsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 3:09pm
That's it....i think BC can still beat HL but that's just my opinion which is what forums are about...opinions!  I respect your and others opinions...i detest those that don't.  

Differing opinions does not mean right or wrong....just means you disagree where there is no right or wrong.  Some people should learn this.
Blind Faith View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blind Faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 3:52pm
Detest? maybe a bit of perspective is required there steve. You comment about opinions needs elaboration. It depends on whether an opinion is informed or not. An ignorant opinion is next to worthless. just my opinion of course LOL 
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 4:23pm

That was his first and last go in a handicap since he has reached the summit. He will not be running in handicaps anymore, He will be targeting those poofy WFA races from here on in.

So let's get this straight, you don't rate handicaps as you don't think they should be Group 1's, yet you call WFA racing poofy. What racing do you like? Maidens, 0-58's???
melbsteve View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melbsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Blind Faith Blind Faith wrote:

Detest? maybe a bit of perspective is required there steve. You comment about opinions needs elaboration. It depends on whether an opinion is informed or not. An ignorant opinion is next to worthless. just my opinion of course LOL 

Another one who needs to go to spec savers.  I comment about people saying "factual" things about others without elaboration...never opinions!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 4:30pm
I was being factitious, I realise some of you guys need Dead too tell you a persons intent.

gcg84 said he much prefers what Hay List is doing, yet he is now going to be restricted to the poofy WFA races that Black Caviar is restricted to.

Dead Angry Evil Smile Clown Geek Ouch Censored Pinch Pig Wacko
Evil Smile
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

So let's get this straight, you don't rate handicaps as you don't think they should be Group 1's, yet you call WFA racing poofy. What racing do you like? Maidens, 0-58's???

And anyway bright spark just because handicaps should not be group 1 races does not mean I do not rate them or do not like them.

Only dumb asses come to that conclusion.
reductio ad absurdum
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 4:51pm
DJebel, any chance you can make comments/opinion with abuse or derogatory comments? (leave that to Scamanda and BlindF etc)

You have some really interesting and different views (as do I), but you undermine them. Ill cop it now most probably.... Tongue
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 4:51pm
EDIT: "with" is "without".....big mistake there......ha ha.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blind Faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by melbsteve melbsteve wrote:

Another one who needs to go to spec savers.  I comment about people saying "factual" things about others without elaboration...never opinions!

LOL. You're correct about that this time, but it appears you'll be right behind me. We both missed the "r" as in "Your comment about opinions..." although it should have been obvious.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by ChrisB ChrisB wrote:

DJebel, any chance you can make comments/opinion with abuse or derogatory comments? (leave that to Scamanda and BlindF etc)

I would say 99.99999% of my postings would be none abusive. I guess they should be 100% none abusive but calling somebody bright spark when they are putting words in your post is hardly abusive.

I love handicaps, they are just not group races.

I have only ever said it once and that was yesterday, Hay List deserved that victory. Any other result would have been a travesty.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blind Faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 5:13pm

You have some really interesting and different views (as do I), but you undermine them. Ill cop it now most probably.... Tongue

As you know I've said what I had to say about many of your comments privately chris and unfortunately nothing you've said since has changed my mind. It was only your fear of possible legal action that saw you "clarify" your ignorant comments on the O'Shea topic. Some of us have seen you in operation on other websites and it's not a pretty sight. Leave the real debate to the adults.
ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 5:13pm

I would say 99.99999% of my postings would be none abusive. I guess they should be 100% none abusive but calling somebody bright spark when they are putting words in your post is hardly abusive.

I love handicaps, they are just not group races.

I have only ever said it once and that was yesterday, Hay List deserved that victory. Any other result would have been a travesty.
Depends on what you consider derogatory I guess. Id hate to live with you!  Wink

I agree that HL deserved the win, even if Buffering also deserved a Gq1.....but the better horse won and you can never knock that result  Clap

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 5:18pm
Why does Buffering deserve to win a group 1 race ?

He certainly deserves to earn his connections plenty of money but I am not convinced he deserves a group 1.

Is he as good around a bend as he is up the straight. He does not look to have too many options at group 1 level.
reductio ad absurdum
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 5:48pm
RSSF ratings:

Lightning 2012 -107
Newmarket -96
(Newmarket 2011 -116)

HL challenge BC? Not on yesterday's gallop.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blind Faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 6:07pm
One rating and it looks very wrong. Can you provide a link please Judge?

The handicapper doesn't agree. Anyway if ratings were the only indicator or results and performance either we'd all be millionaires or there 'd be no betting.  BC's 2011 win was more impressive.
Quezacotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quezacotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 6:10pm
Does anyone else think it's a bit ordinary to leave out in the gear changes the removal of blinkers on Hay List, but the Winkers go on..?

I was dumbfounded when i saw him loading up into the stalls with those two ridiculous huge white cotton wind resistors on...Stern Smile

no where in the gear changes i read, did it say they were applying winkers..???
SPRINTER SACRE - "SIMPLY THE BEST"
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 6:15pm

One rating and it looks very wrong. Can you provide a link please Judge?

The handicapper doesn't agree. Anyway if ratings were the only indicator or results and performance either we'd all be millionaires or there 'd be no betting.  BC's 2011 win was more impressive.

Go to the Racing and Sports website and look under "results". I'm sure you'll find your way. In the meantime ask yourself this: Coulld you imagine a fully extended BC taking 1:08.72 to get down the Flemington straight six on a good track?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 6:20pm
That was not a "good" track.
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>