Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who owns horses???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 263>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 8:58am
Have Mottram in Race 1 at Ballarat, and expect him to improve considerably on his debut run.

Took the $17 and $3.50 but nowhere near as confident now that Dylan Dunn is a late replacement for Michael Walker who's the type of rider the horse needs.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 9:25am
good luck
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 9:54am
BOL 2nd Chance! I've a friend with the beautifully named 1st starter in R2, Haarping (Master of Design/Thunderstrike). Had 3 jumpouts but as far as I know they'll just hopeful she does everything right Smile

Edited by Gay3 - 02 Nov 2020 at 11:12am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 10:03am
Hope she pleases them Gay.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:34am
Mottram showed speed to lead, raced greenly, and dropped out badly in the straight.  Ouch
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:41am
Very plain, given expectations & the run of the Julie Scott 1st starter that raced 3 wide, joint leading & tired the last 100 to run 4th. Hopefully something positive is reported Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 7:36pm
De Cock not happy with Mottram post-race, had the local vet inspect him and discovered an ulcer in his throat.  Horse literally ran out of breath. Treated with antibiotics etc and a lay-off beckons.  Happy days.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 7:59am
darchinian lines up today gold coast race 3. Track is a bit sticky which is a question mark but otherwise he goes in to this in good shape. No 125- 1 today but 8-1 each way looks a good bet after his good run at sunny coast
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 7:04am
Darchinian bolted in - I hope a few of you got on!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 7:11am
ClapClap
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 4:48pm
slowdown, what's the connection here? Do you still own the mare & sold this filly? Congrats anyway Clap

12. Northern Spirit (4)

J: Troy Baker T: Sigrid Carr

Needs Further x Sh'bourne Spirit (Savoire Vivre (GBR))

Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 5:18pm
How good was that Gay.? The filly went through the sales, slowdown still owns the mare. 

We can all boast we know the breeder, not a bad sort of guy...lol

Edited by Dizzy - 11 Nov 2020 at 5:19pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 5:25pm
With respect to Slowdown: sold as a yearling to Lloyd Kennewell, but now with Sigrid and has shown very little.  
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 5:32pm
Just a late bloomer then as in all probability is the huge priced winner at Hawkes. today, 1st start for Freedman Bros, previously trained by................you guessed it LOL Gai & Adrian!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 5:44pm
SC, so maybe you and Lloyd were wrong? 2 trials were okay, first start over 1100 was looking around, wins second up nicely. I am still boasting I know the breeder...Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 5:49pm
A terrific result for the filly and Slowdown alike Star, though clearly one that surprised most.  
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 5:59pm
SC, I may also be speaking through my pocket...LOL But she did win nicely.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 7:31pm
SC, what do you mean, she has shown very little ? Confused She has only had 1 start before today fiddlesticks ???  Unless I have missed them, and i dont think I did.    And that one wasnt a terrible run on a wet track. 
And I think, but maybe wrong, she was second top priced at the sales ?   Dizz ????
And yes,,,speaking thru my pocket.   I thought last run OK , and going on her dam etc, I had a nice bet and cleaned up.    She didnt surprise me at all.
Congats Slowdown.

animals before people.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 8:11pm
And Star a nice third after missing the jump.   
Slowdown knows how to breed them.  Thumbs Up
Anyone wants to go in a syndicate,,,,,go with Slowdown.
Proud to say I know him and his wife and Mum,,,,,,sort of  LOL
Me'N'Dizz can reccomend these horses .  
animals before people.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 9:20pm
thanks Guys, we do our best. should be more to come from Northern Spirit. still green and showing enough. I reckon S.C. is referring to what she did in Victoria which wasnt enough to stay over that way. She was passed back to Siggy with Lloyd's recommendation so all has worked out in the end. She will improve with time and patience. Hard to do that in Victoria. Cheers Slowdown
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

SC, what do you mean, she has shown very little ? Confused   

Thanks for Slowdown's reply, hope it clears up any misconceptions.  He and I have been in close contact for years now and believe we'd call ourselves good friends.

AA I just laid it down as it was. That's not a criticism of the dam, the filly, or the breeders.

The facts are that Lloyd essentially sacked the filly after failing to approach mainland maiden class, and her debut run in Tassie irrespective of comments to the contrary was plain against very ordinary opposition.  And that's why she wasn't among the fancied runners yesterday.

That said I couldn't be happier for everyone concerned, and Shaun in particular.

slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

And Star a nice third after missing the jump.   
Slowdown knows how to breed them.  Thumbs Up
Anyone wants to go in a syndicate,,,,,go with Slowdown.
Proud to say I know him and his wife and Mum,,,,,,sort of  LOL
Me'N'Dizz can reccomend these horses .  
always happy to have people involved. thanks Acacia
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:21am
Small share in Amy's Pride in the first at Kilmore today.  Needs to show a lot more to avoid the sack.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:17am
all the best al
would've loved to have done the same as you
wasn't able to, demanded loyalty before our race all to no avail, as everyone else fell out of trees to back him
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 11:54am
Mentally weak.  The only saving grace is that I have a very small share, haven't had a cent on her in three starts, and like all the other owners won't be wasting any more time or money on the filly.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 10:15am
Have Money Maher in the last at Ascot.

Third run back after a long enforced absence, and if given equal opportunity should be a good each way chance even though he's giving away 4kgs to the other main chances.
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 11:06am
All the best. 

If he's anywhere close to in form he'll be great to watch.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Have Money Maher in the last at Ascot.

Third run back after a long enforced absence, and if given equal opportunity should be a good each way chance even though he's giving away 4kgs to the other main chances.

best of luck Thumbs Up
Time is a flat circle
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 8:46pm
Getting there.

Not beaten by much and a third is still nice to have.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 9:03am
Thanks Mumtaz.  Held up when it really mattered and lost momentum, but very pleased with the run.  Provided he pulls up ok will probably be looking to extend him out to a 2200m Listed race in a fortnight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 263>