Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Who owns horses???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194195196 261>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 2:44pm
How did she go?
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 2:50pm
The race is today    Day 2 of the 3 day carnival
This space has been intentionally left blank
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 6:35pm
My horse ran a good race first up. Happy with her effort.

Pretty sure deejays destiny or someone from tbv just won the Brisbane Cup??
Remember someone on here saying they owned that horse
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 6:46pm
It was great, less than 3L off the winner coming from well back, I'd be happy Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 6:50pm
Absolutely, hopefully she will make a nice stayer. The trainers seem to think she will    there goes price next start

Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 8:44pm
Re I'll Miss You

Sorry for the delay GAJ - yes I have the dam and a strong weanling Jabali half brother.  I am definitely a biased assessor of IMY's peformances.  

Bringing things back to earth though her 2YO by Real Saga (not bred by me) has had 2x starts for last and 8/10 - the worst performance over the longer distance (1300).  But it is not a 2YO family so I am  hoping it is just education for the youngster and he will do better next year over longer distances.  His name is I'm Callin' Dibs - I truly hope he becomes worth following later.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 5:44pm
Thanks Mumtaz, I did see that one entered and thought time may be the key... Good luck with them both, the dam is in my black book so I won't MISS them !!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 4:16pm
Stripping Royalty has pulled up very well from her weekend away in Swan Hill. She will step up to the mile at Bendigo on Sunday week. (23/6)

Andrea Mantegna is ticking over nicely and will have his next start next Sat (22/6) in a hurdle over in Adelaide.

Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 8:20pm
I'll Miss You is nominated for Ipswich tomorrow.  Race 5, 2500m. All the best GAJ.

Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:22pm
Ah, well.  Was it a loose girth strap?  She did not look good loading into the barrier.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:30pm
Too bad to be true , hopefully she pulls up okay
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 12:32pm
Disappointing to say the least, we were quietly confident going into the race, nothing to suggest otherwise leading up to race day.
Her poor performance on the day maybe due to a few factors, but ultimately ridden upside down which does not suit her, usually ridden back with cover and gets going at the 600.

Has not raced there before nor her Jockey who rode her for her last win.

Mumtaz, she does get stroppy behind the barriers sometimes! usually in QLDWink

Anyway pulled up well and will be Vet checked all the same this week..
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 1:00pm
Thanks GAJ

I noticed when she loaded (with the help of rope) that BOTH sides of her saddle cloth had slipped behind the girth strap.  I was surprised the jockey did not straighten them as they would have been very uncomfortable rucked up as they were AND in particular, tighten up the girth straps for safety.  

If it had  just been one slipped side  it could have just been the  rope pulling it out on a slightly loose girth strap, but both sides suggests a looser girth strap.  However I am sure the jockey would have noticed if the saddle was slipping away during the race.  Regardless, a severely rucked up saddle cloth pressed hard under the saddle cannot be comfortable for the horse and could have affected her striding.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 6:31pm
All in tact on her return to the mounting yard, maybe it just folded back over the saddle..it looks that way on the replay.
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 7:48pm
Thanks

I wanted to check the after race appearance before I opened my mouth, but it was not available to me.

Possibly I had the wrong horse as the number was not clear with the folded over cloth or it was as you said.  IN which case a relief and much safer than I thought.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:52pm
Stripping Royalty goes around at Echuca today.
Meech on is a bonus.
Was unlucky to just get nabbed by the stablemate last start.
Here’s hoping she finds the line today.
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 7:33pm
Is she the (nicely bred) NZ horse down for Sandown on Sunday?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 8:03pm
Yep.

Breeding exceeds performance just yet, but the city entry raises expectation.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 2:49pm
We picked Stripping Royalty up second hand, she was bought as a yearling (and initially owned outright) by Darren Weir

Very well bred mare, Weir thought she might’ve been an Oaks filly early days but she just didn’t quiet get to that stage.

Her current trainers are very happy with her, think she’ll make a handy staying mate.

Opted against Sandown this weekend, just going to give her a bit more time - plenty of suitable races in the next week to ten days.

Cheers
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 2:53pm
Sh'Bourne Star race 7 tomorrow at Devonport. probably a bit short for her but has come back nice.
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 4:13pm
Good luck to you both.
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 2:04pm
Yes, all the best for both horses.  Hope for a good come back for SS.  

I see that Stripping Royalty is down for Cranbourne on Wednesday.  Very crowded race at this point, but her current form is great.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 2:58pm
GAJ has a runner at Coffs in 10mins. R2 - 8 Rahaan @ $8 Big smile BOL, not that you'll be watching TBV now LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 3:14pm
Cheers for that Gay.
I knew that name was familiar but couldn’t remember where I knew it from
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:19am
Shbourne Star r6 Devonport. Extra distance will suit . Hopefully top 4.
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:31am
good luck
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:34am
thanks Furious. plenty of talent in the field. see how we go....
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:48pm
Amortal.

Cool name
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 4:08pm
Petiterhapsody bred & sold this boy in the next at the Bridge Big smile I've no inside info either!

Career: :-- Last10: ROI:

6. Exigency (1)

R3 Murray Bridge 1000m Maiden, 13:55pm

J: D Tourneur (56kg) T: G Richards

Your comments: Brooke Needs Further x Stacy Ann

View Form
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 4:45pm
Very nice 1st start after blowing the start from gate 1 & likely needing more ground to excel Clap

9 6 EXIGENCY Gordon Richards Dom Tourneur 4.5L 1 56kg
$20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194195196 261>