Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Living Legends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 10:22pm
Top to bottom
Super Impressive (and my two)
Apache Cat (obviously)
Silent Witness
Might And Power

Bullish Luck & Good Ba Ba
Efficient
Zipping
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 10:25pm
Kids haven't been around horses too much and my daughter Scarlett was disappointed there was no unicorns but couldn't get enough pats in - especially with Bullish Luck and Good Ba Ba who were very gentle.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 10:26pm
Might And Power still the boss as well. Apache Cat absolutely looked like he could step out and race tomorrow he was in such good nick.
Oviate View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oviate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by James James wrote:

Well bloody hell how did you do that LOL

Click "Media" on Twitter
Right click a picture and click "View Image"
Highlight the link, right click and click 'Copy' [or Ctrl+C]

Go to make a post on TBV
click the tree [Insert Image]
In "Image URL" delete the http:// that's already there
Right click and paste the link [or Ctrl+V], and click preview and if the picture comes up in the little box then just click ok then post. Thumbs Up
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 11:31pm

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Who is the grey horse ??

Efficient.

Did you see him fight with Zipping?
to the victor
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 11:34pm
Haha. Nope although they said Efficient was a biter so I kept my daughter away. Zipping had been banned from being fed carrots for being a bit grumpy when when they didn't come quick enough.
Ammy42 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammy42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 11:40pm
Gee Might and Power looks in top nick for a horse his age. What would be be now, twenty, twenty one?
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Ammy42 Ammy42 wrote:

Gee Might and Power looks in top nick for a horse his age. What would be be now, twenty, twenty one?

24 I think. 20 years since he won the cup.
Ammy42 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammy42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 11:47pm

Wow. Shows how good my memory is LOL
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 5:19pm

Wow. Shows how good my memory is LOL

He looked amazing! And bossed poor old Paris Lane around.
to the victor
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 5:52pm
Is Rogan Josh still there?
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

Is Rogan Josh still there?

With Apache Cat. He's a gentle soul
to the victor
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 8:00pm
Rogan Josh is a gentle and calm horse..very relaxed...like a lot of Barts stayers. Nothing seems to phase Rogan Josh.

WA's best two miler in a long time. His paddock mate Apache Catis the opposite to Rogan Josh....always on the go and is very playful. Apache Cat was a good horse on the race track.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 2:52pm
Lloyd has given Almandin and Fawkner a forever home at Living Legends
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 5:09pm
Are Zipping and Efficient also still there?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 5:18pm
Anyone more efficient than me would be zipping down there to find out.

ps almost sincere apologies for the attempted play on words. Embarrassed
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 6:52pm
Yes they are.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 11:13pm
Hope Lloyd is contributing to their upkeep ? 
animals before people.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 7:22am
I believe he makes a large annual donation
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 11:12am
Thats nice to know, S.D.   I often wonder if the owners of all these good horses who have won heapies, and are now at L.L. contirbute to their upkeep, and how it all works. 
I wonder does Might and Power,s owner contribute ?
animals before people.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 11:26am
I’m not to sure how it works for everyone but I think the owners contribute for most of them.
I know with Prince of Penzance he spends a few months at LL then goes back to his trainers Farm for a few months.

I have taken my kids out to LL a couple of times, they love it!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 12:02pm
We go each time we are in Melb.  One time not that long ago we had a 6 hour lay over at Melb Tullamarine, so we thought we would get a taxi over and spend a few hours.  Can you believe it ?  The taxi driver had never heard of it,  neither had the taxi marshal at the airport, and even tho I could give rough, but not exact , directions he couldnt find it !  And didnt have a sat nav either !  A taxi driver in Melb ,,,how hopless is that !AngryIts a great place tho,,love it !!

animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 5:56pm
You should use Uber aa.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 10:28pm
With condolences to family and friends of Paul Radford.
It is with great sadness that we heard of the sudden passing of Paul Radford, breeder and principal owner of Apache Cat.
Paul, seen here with Patch and partner Robyn at Living Legends, was a strong supporter from our earliest days. One of Paul’s delights was seeing the pleasure that Patch brings to so many people at Living Legends.
Patch will attend Paul’s funeral on Monday 12 April at 10:30am at Rosebud Funerals, at 123 Jetty Road, Rosebud. Robyn has requested that donations to Living Legends be made in lieu of flowers.
If you would like to make a donation please head to the link below and acknowledge Paul on your donation:
Thank you to everybody for your support.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 12:04am
Oh , thats so sad.   The OTTBs need all the support they can get, so for Paul to pension off Apache Cat and give him a good life,,,
Condolences to the family.
animals before people.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 12:44pm
Very sad. Thoughts are with the family.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 5:09pm

Enter the Twilight: Cup champion retired to Living Legends

Lloyd and Nick Williams have retired 2020 Melbourne Cup champion Twilight Payment.

The nine-year-old ran a creditable 11th in the Cup on Tuesday after losing a shoe in transit.

The Joseph O’Brien-trained gelding will retire to Living Legends, joining team Williams’ former Cup winners Efficient (2007) and Almandin (2016).

2013 Caulfield Cup winner Fawkner, who also carried the famous navy and white Williams colours, is also among the equine royalty at Living Legends.

The great Zipping also resides at the Greenvale property.

“On behalf of the owners I would like to thank Joseph O‘Brien and all his team particularly his handler Sean Corby and Mark Power,” Williams tweeted.

“He has brought so much excitement to our ownership group, families and friends.

“Living Legends will be his new home.”

Twilight Payment ran his opposition into the ground in the Cup last year under a cool and composed Jye McNeil ride.

The ever-consistent Twilight Payment amassed $5.8m prizemoney in 37 starts, winning nine races and placing on a further 21 occasions.

Eight of his nine wins were at stakes level, bar a 2016 Curragh maiden.

The dual Group 2 Curragh Cup winner ran second two starts back in the Group 1 Irish St Leger.

Twilight Payment contested three consecutive Melbourne Cups, running 11th in 2019, first in 2020 and 11th this year.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:28pm
hello,
after some horrendous stories of very good racehorses, who ended up at the abattoir. It's good news 
the "Germanbred" Alamandin found a place at "Living Legends", where he can live peacefully until his stay at the eternal green pastures.

regards, Ticino
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:44pm
Lloyd Williams, the owner of Almandin, Efficient, Twilight Payment & Zipping, who all now reside at living legends still pays for the maintenance and care of his horses by making a large annual donation to the facility. 

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123